Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 (36481 Views)

Leicester City Vs Manchester United (5 - 3) On 21st September 2014 / Chelsea Vs Swansea (4 - 2) On 13th September 2014 / Manchester United Vs QPR (4 - 0) On 14th September 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by ameheo(m): 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
grin Lambard don burst mourinho brain
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by seundoll: 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lampard's own goal cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nice game for the neutrals.

It was an enjoyable game and THE Citizens gave me joy with their response to the red card. Outplaying Chelsea with a man down, shows how much Manchester City has grown.

Props to Fernandinho who put in another amazing game. He took out Fabregas from the game.
Kompany a great leader. Joe Hart, put in another good game. Silva was always magical.

Yaya showed more passion and fight today.

MANGALA was such a revelation today.

Milner, this was my best game I have seen Milner play. He gave Hazard no space. His work rate was fantastic. His assist to Lampard was brilliant.

Props Lampard. A great legend.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by areson: 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
Guys download the match highlights in High Quality below.

Download here: Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea [BPL Highlights]
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by motherlode: 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
juwoonn:
Olodo
Game is not playing @stamford. tongue
hey idiot go and check there are cracks currently on it now if you don't know! Hoo hoo.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by kobonaire(m): 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
Wow, it was weird enough seeing the CFC legend in a lighter shade of blue jersey and then his goal to tie the game against CFC was stunning. I'm with mixed feelings, happy to seem score but not against CFC. Very classy of him to have a muted celebration in that moment of the game ..... true class and forever a #CFC-Legend.
Pls do quick and go back to USA to play for your new team .... I would hate to see him score again in Stamford bridge
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by obayaya(m): 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
fujirice:
Which team you dey coach again? Yeye dey smell! Somebody came with a gameplan and it worked for him and you are here fumming? Abeg jor!

which game plan worked for him? He almost lost the game.

He got lucky
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by kobonaire(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
obayaya:

Believe the table all you want.

But Chelsea was below par today. Manchester City was the better team and Pellegrini was a better and a more pragmatic tactician.

4-4-2 to 4-4-1 to 3-5-1 and Chelsea played 5-5-0 all through out the match cheesy
Chelae below par?? I think not. They played the game with a great strategy. Our legend, ex-CFC ruined the party for us. The ref was also dishing out yellows like he was spraying money on the dance floor and kind of out a damper on the battle....but no way did Chelsea play below par. Man C played well but did not have too many scoring opportunities despite their possession. CFC defended formidably and counter attacked well.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
Did anyone notice that Diego Costa got bullied from Vincent Kompany in the first half. Switched in the second half to the other side and got bullied by Eliquim Mangala and got subbed. Quality!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
kobonaire:
Chelae below par?? I think not. They played the game with a great strategy. Our legend, ex-CFC ruined the party for us. The ref was also dishing out yellows like he was spraying money on the dance floor and kind of out a damper on the battle....but no way did Chelsea play below par. Man C played well but did not have too many scoring opportunities despite their possession. CFC defended formidably and counter attacked well.
Chelsea were below par. That is not strategy but playing scared. Chelsea did not have a shot on target till the red card came.

Also the referee was dishing out yellow cards mostly to the Man City players. How did Fabregas not get a yellow card with his atrocious play. Explain how Zabaletta gets sent off and Costa does not get sent off for this.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by Hollamie007: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Did anyone notice that Diego Costa got bullied from Vincent Kompany in the first half. Switched in the second half to the other side and got bullied by Eliquim Mangala and got subbed. Quality!

and you didn't not see the cards he made them get ask zabaleta

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
kobonaire:

shots on target : Man City 4 - 2 Chelsea
shots off target : Man City 9 - 2 Chelsea
possession (%) : Man City 60 - 40 Chelsea
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by kobonaire(m): 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Chelsea were below par. That is not strategy but playing scared. Chelsea did not have a shot on target till the red card came.

Also the referee was dishing out red cards mostly to the Man City players. How did Fabregas not get a yellow card with his atrocious play. Explain how Zabaletta gets sent off and Costa does not get sent off for this.
I think you have to watch the game with no bias. Both players received the right cautioning .... a yellow card. For Zabaletta, it was his second yellow. He should have been smarter and not gone for such a hard tackle. Yes Fabregas should have been yellow carded based on how the ref officiated the game but it was not a red. Mike Dean issued too many yellows. He was consistent though - Man C were the more physical side. CFC played well. Certainly not scared ... a draw was a good result for them. They know what it takes to win the league and you cannot try and win all games.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by kobonaire(m): 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

shots on target : Man City 4 - 2 Chelsea
shots off target : Man City 9 - 2 Chelsea
possession (%) : Man City 60 - 40 Chelsea
these stats don't mean much. Watch the game again my friend. Man C had very few actual goal scoring opportunities despite their possession.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
kobonaire:
I think you have to watch the game with no bias. Both players received the right cautioning .... a yellow card. For Zabaletta, it was his second yellow. He should have been smarter and not gone for such a hard tackle. Yes Fabregas should have been yellow carded based on how the ref officiated the game but it was not a red. Mike Dean issued too many yellows. He was consistent though - Man C were the more physical side. CFC played well. Certainly not scared ... a draw was a good result for them. They know what it takes to win the league and you cannot try and win all games.
You are the bias one here. Are you saying Fabregas did not deserve a red card? Especially when he pulled Yaya You're back during a counter.

Are you saying choking a player is not a straight red card offence?
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
kobonaire: these stats don't mean much. Watch the game again my friend. Man C had very few actual goal scoring opportunities despite their possession.
9 shots to 2 does not mean anything? Please Chelsea only played when Man City got a red card. Also, Chelsea had no shot on goal before the red card. These are facts.

“Chelsea play like Stoke City” – Pellegrini blasts Mourinho’s tactics
http://dailypost.ng/2014/09/21/chelsea-play-like-stoke-city-pellegrini-blasts-mourinhos-tactics/
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by Wahala90: 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Nice game for the neutrals.

It was an enjoyable game and THE Citizens gave me joy with their response to the red card. Outplaying Chelsea with a man down, shows how much Manchester City has grown.

Props to Fernandinho who put in another amazing game. He took out Fabregas from the game.
Kompany a great leader. Joe Hart, put in another good game. Silva was always magical.

Yaya showed more passion and fight today.

MANGALA was such a revelation today.

Milner, this was my best game I have seen Milner play. He gave Hazard no space. His work rate was fantastic. His assist to Lampard was brilliant.

Props Lampard. A great legend.

All said and done, they could not win at home. So what is the noise about.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by kobonaire(m): 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: You are the bias one here. Are you saying Fabregas did not deserve a red card? Especially when he pulled Yaya You're back during a counter.

Are you saying choking a player is not a straight red card offence?
He did not choke Zabaletta .... did you actually watch the game or are you going just by pictures??
No Fabregas maybe only deserved only a yellow .... this is football played by men my friend .... Fabregas is 1/2 the size of Yaya .... Yaya embellished that ..... maybe he was still upset about Man C not celebrating his birthday and giving him cake.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Wahala90:

All said and done, they could not win at home. So what is the noise about.
They put up a good game against the team on the top of the table. Even with a man down, they still took the fight to the table topping team. That deserves a commendation.

Are you saying Chelsea will win all their home games this season?
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
kobonaire:
He did not choke Zabaletta .... did you actually watch the game or are you going just by pictures??
No Fabregas maybe only deserved only a yellow .... this is football played by men my friend .... Fabregas is 1/2 the size of Yaya .... Yaya embellished that ..... maybe he was still upset about Man C not celebrating his birthday and giving him cake.
Did you actually see the picture I posted? When you look at the picture there, what is that? Love?

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by kobonaire(m): 10:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: 9 shots to 2 does not mean anything? Please Chelsea only played when Man City got a red card. Also, Chelsea had no shot on goal before the red card. These are facts.

“Chelsea play like Stoke City” – Pellegrini blasts Mourinho’s tactics
http://dailypost.ng/2014/09/21/chelsea-play-like-stoke-city-pellegrini-blasts-mourinhos-tactics/
I am pretty sure you did not watch this game and simply read about this on the internet.
Also talk true bros, are you a Man U or
Gunners fan? Most have just recently jumped on the Man C bandwagon from 2009 onwards.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by kobonaire(m): 10:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Did you actually see the picture I posted? When you look at the picture there, what is that? Love?
exactly .... a picture .... that's what you are going by. Watch the video my friend. You will see the complete context.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
kobonaire:
I am pretty sure you did not watch this game and simply read about this on the internet.
Gunners fan? Most have just recently jumped on the Man C bandwagon from 2009 onwards.
I watched the match wella and Chelsea played a defensive game and did not come out to attack. Are you saying Chelsea played an attacking game?

Explain how you guys did not get a shot on target til Man City got a red card.

The picture showed what Diego Costa did to Zabaletta. His two hands are on his neck. Will a video show his two hands were on his back? Funny guy.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
kobonaire:
[b]Chelsea tactics

Jose Mourinho set his side up primarily not to lose. The important changes the Special One made for this game included Ramires on the right flank because the Brazilian tracks back better than Andre Schurrle. In central midfield, Mourinho went for Willian’s energy in place of Oscar.

The Blues had to defend in a 4-4-2 formation with two banks of four in their defensive third, while Willian joined Diego Costa in leading the pressing from the halfway line.

Ramires and Eden Hazard had to track back with Manchester City’s full-backs, and Cesc Fabregas needed to double-pivot with Nemanja Matic just in front of the defensive line.

Cesar Azpilicueta and Branislav Ivanovic flanked John Terry and Gary Cahill at the edge of their penalty box to complete a narrow defensive line of four.

In possession, the overriding message was caution. Ivanovic and Azpilicueta had to just push to the halfway line and back to the defensive line, Fabregas and Matic had to sit in front of the back four with the Spaniard cautiously pushing forward and back. That meant that Chelsea generally kept six outfield players at the back. Ramires and Hazard had to make diagonal runs inside to support Costa.
http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014/09/tactical-review-manchester-city-1-1-chelsea/[/b]
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by kobonaire(m): 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: I watched the match wella and Chelsea played a defensive game and did not come out to attack. Are you saying Chelsea played an attacking game?

Explain how you guys did not get a shot on target til Man City got a red card.

The picture showed what Diego Costa did to Zabaletta. His two hands are on his neck. Will a video show his two hands were on his back? Funny guy.
You did not watch the game ... You simply are just reading articles on the web and looking at pictures. He did not choke him (squeeze). All your pictures show is Diego grabbing Zabaletta.
Chelsea did not play an attacking game ... that is correct .... that does not mean that they underperformed. They played a strategic game and were defensive.
Yes, they became more offensive after Man C went down a man .... that made sense as they had the numerical advantage.
Remember a draw was a good result for Chelsea going into this game.
This is what happened to LFC last year. They underestimated CFC late in the season and tried to beat them. They should have just gone for a draw and would have won the EPL. They instead lost that game and the following one too.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
ame ... that is correct .... that does not mean that they underperformed. They played a strategic game and were defensive.
Yes, they became more offensive after Man C went down a man .... that made sense as they had the numerical advantage.
Remember a draw was a good result for Chelsea going into this game.
This is what happened to LFC last year. They underestimated CFC late in the season and tried to beat them. They should have just gone for a draw and would have won the EPL. They instead lost that game and the following one too.
Stop saying I did not watch the game. It just heightens your ignorance. From your points now, what are you arguing?

Chelsea came to defend because they felt they were not strong enough to attack Man City. Just as Stoke or Sunderland will come to Etihad hoping to steal a draw or win.

The only time Chelsea came out, was when the red card came. After the goal they retreated to their shell.

How does a team a man down, out possess and outplay you. Is that genius?

With a man down, Man City had more shots and more possession. Please how do you justify that as brilliant.

If I did not watch the game, how do I know Fabregas was supposed to be cautioned with a Yellow card for pulling Yaya back during a counter? How do I know Man City should have been given a penalty for Diego Costa wrestling Dzeko without a contact of the ball?
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by Wahala90: 11:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: They put up a good game against the team on the top of the table. Even with a man down, they still took the fight to the table topping team. That deserves a commendation.

Are you saying Chelsea will win all their home games this season?

I only responded to a one-sided and biased comment that showered praises on one side only in a game where both sides played and drew. Joe Hart was superb, Fernandinho was marvelous, Kompany was great, Silva was magical, Yaya was a hero, Milner was fabulous, Mangala was brilliant and Lampard was a super legend. ManCity was this, ManCity was that. So what were Chelsea doing? Why didn't they (Mancity) win the match, played in their backyard with all these super performances?

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
Wahala90:

I only responded to a one-sided and biased comment that showered praises on one side only in a game where both sides played and drew. Joe Hart was superb, Fernandinho was marvelous, Kompany was great, Silva was magical, Yaya was a hero, Milner was fabulous, Mangala was brilliant and Lampard was a super legend. ManCity was this, ManCity was that. So what were Chelsea doing? Why didn't they (Mancity) win the match, played in their backyard with all these super performances?
I am a Man City fan and I congratulated the players of my team putting up a good fight, especially with a man down.

I hope you did not expect a Man City fan to come in hailing Chelsea players.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by kobonaire(m): 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Stop saying I did not watch the game. It just heightens your ignorance. From your points now, what are you arguing?

Chelsea came to defend because they felt they were not strong enough to attack Man City. Just as Stoke or Sunderland will come to Etihad hoping to steal a draw or win.

The only time Chelsea came out, was when the red card came. After the goal they retreated to their shell.

How does a team a man down, out possess and outplay you. Is that genius?

With a man down, Man City had more shots and more possession. Please how do you justify that as brilliant.

If I did not watch the game, how do I know Fabregas was supposed to be cautioned with a Yellow card for pulling Yaya back during a counter? How do I know Man City should have been given a penalty for Diego Costa wrestling Dzeko without a contact of the ball?
You have to come into a game with a strategy .... you cannot expect to win all games in the EPL. Coach Mourinho called a defensive game. You can make all the arguments you want against that. I think it a good defensive plan based upon the fact that Man C are good, you are playing in their stadium, Man C are looking for a win after their recent stumbles in the EPL. It's called common sense strategy my friend.
I can put money on my claim. You did not watch that game. You only read the highlights otherwise you will not be quoting all the stats like that and repeat them like a parrot on NL

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
kobonaire:
You have to come into a game with a strategy .... you cannot expect to win all games in the EPL. Coach Mourinho called a defensive game. You can make all the arguments you want against that. I think it a good defensive plan based upon the fact that Man C are good, you are playing in their stadium, Man C are looking for a win after their recent stumbles in the EPL. It's called common sense strategy my friend.
I can put money on my claim. You did not watch that game. You only read the highlights otherwise you will not be quoting all the stats like that and repeat them like a parrot on NL
If I did not watch the game, how did I know Mourinho went to console Zabaletta when he was sent off and Zabaletta kicked a water bottle as he was leaving the field? How did I know Fabregas made a reckless tackle on Fernandinho and he was not cautioned?

There was a counter by Costa after A Man City corner that was dispossessed by Mangala. One of the commentators said, "His pace is frightening."

Please Chelsea came to defend. That is not a masterclass performance. It was safe but not a classic.

If all teams played like that in every game, I won't watch football.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
kobonaire:
Are you saying stats are made for only those that did not watch the game?

Please, stats are even shown during the match. Don't you know that?
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 21st September 2014 by kobonaire(m): 11:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: If I did not watch the game, how did I know Mourinho went to console Zabaletta when he was sent off and Zabaletta kicked a water bottle as he was leaving the field? How did I know Fabregas made a reckless tackle on Fernandinho and he was not cautioned?

There was a counter by Costa after A Man City corner that was dispossessed by Mangala. One of the commentators said, "His pace is frightening."

Please Chelsea came to defend. That is not a masterclass performance. It was safe but not a classic.

If all teams played like that in every game, I won't watch football.
Ok ok ... I am convinced my broda ... you watched the game ... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Celta Vigo Vs Manchester United: Europa League (0 - 1) On 4th May 2017 / 19 African Players That Have Won The European Cup (Champions League) / Chelsea Vs Atletico Madrid : (1 - 4) UEFA Super Cup On 31st August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.