Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,749 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

THE WEB - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (116841 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 20, 2014
ruffhandu:
Good job Candy. I'm an avid follower.
Thanks, man.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 20, 2014

The heavens opened up, hurling an early morning deluge of rain and breeze down onto the street amid the boom of thunder and crackle of lightening. Dr Emma sprinted the fifty yards from the car park to the main entrance of The Dome Hotel, holding a copy of city people magazine over his head, against the torrent, dodging other customers' and hotel staff umbrellas as he ran.

The hotel, a five star hotel situated at the Jericho reservation had its fair share of wealthy clients and government officials. They had chosen this particular hotel for their rendezvous because of its location and the luxury. He burst through the hotel lobby front door, nearly knocking over the security guard.

"Sorry, man." He helped him up and dropped the soggy magazine in a thrash can nearby before heading straight to suite 1/12. He turned the knob twice and the door sprang open from inside as if on cue.

"Hi, madam." Dr Emma greeted Mrs Seriki who looked appealing in her light green indian saree, a good match for her beautiful light skin. She sat up on the bed and refused to kiss him when he attempted to kiss her.

"Emma, what's going on with the dna stuff? Chief showed me a result showing Tobi as his son" She asked, avoiding his hug. Dr Emma removed his gray jacket and hung it on the chair, then sat on the bed.

"I thought that was what you wanted, madam." Dr Emma said.
"Yea, that was what I wanted, but you told me you couldn't swap the oral swab because the other one belonged to a female." She was now boiling with anger as she paced the room restlessly. "I went through a lot of stress before my sister could get the sample from Samantha, chief's daughter in UK."

"I'm sorry," he tried to placate her. "I told you about chief's plan to do the test because I care about you and I didn't want you to lose out if chief found out he didn't father Tobi. What you forgot to tell me was that you don't even share Tobi's dna; you are not his mother." He starred at him, expecting her to react In anger or resignation. She was indifferent.

"You've been a worthy companion for me for the past 5 years and I've always put in good words for you with Chief. Now, chief thinks I cheated on him, which is better than him finding out about the mix up in Tobi's maternal stuff." She held his hands gently and looked him straight in the eye before she continued. "Emma, what happened to the dna sample?"

Dr Emma held the elderly woman closer. "I know I told you it wasn't possible for me to cheat on the dna test. One, the samples were sent to a special lab in Lagos. They tested the sex gene known as amelogenin and the analyst immediately knew the second sample belonged to a female and stopped the test. I was informed and required to send in new swabs." He walked to the fridge before he continued. He needed something stronger than what they had in the fridge and he called the bar for a bottle of wine. Mrs Seriki would pay, she always picked his bills. One of the reasons he enjoyed their secret affair. "I had to send in Tobi's sample and I paid extra. Surprisingly, the result showed that Chief is Tobi's biological father."

"So, my fear is confirmed. He slept with Adebimpe..." She muttered.
"Who is Adebimpe?" Dr Emma asked
"Who?" She didn't know she said those words loud enough for Dr Emma's hearing.
"Is she Tobi's biological mother? Rumor has it that you are not." Dr Emma told her without mincing words.

The wine was delivered and he filled their glasses. They both sipped for sometime before he gently collected her glass from her. "Don't drink this. Doctor's order." A smile creased her stressed face for the first time.
"Ok dear, I promise to stop after this." And she picked up the glass and emptied the content in her throat in two gulps.

"Is the rumor true, Helen?" Emma asked her. He called her Hellen mostly when they are both under the sheets naked, but sometimes he feels they are too close for the respect. At forty four, she was thirteen years older than him but it didn't affect their secret romance much. Instead, mrs seriki felt years younger whenever they were together and she felt she could trust him with her life.

"I can't talk about that now, Emma. I have to be on my way to the office. Chief is still upset about the whole thing"

"It's better he is upset because he thinks you cheated, not because you stole a baby." He threw back at her, not caring how she felt. Being the money monger he was, He would've loved to have something to hold against his lover as a bargaining chip.

"I'm going." She stood up. Emma pulled her back to the bed but she stood up quickly and made for the door. "I don't have time for that this morning."

"It's still raining, Helen."
"You came in the rain, besides, it's subsided. It's a good time to drive out unnoticed."

She quickly grabbed the knob and headed out without looking back. The only thought on her mind was the betrayal...I trusted Adebimpe with my man and they ended up having twins. She thought. "Adebimpe deserves what she gets this time." She muttered to herself as she sat behind the wheels of her ever reliable 2011 Toyota corolla.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 7:24am On Nov 20, 2014
Candy nice update. I hope nothing bad happens to Adebimpe o. I see 'blackmail' hanging in d air. Helen aff spoil it patapata, she's cheating on chief! i imagine chief's reaction wen he gets to know its wit Dr. Emma.
Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 8:35am On Nov 20, 2014
Hmmmmm plotting a revenge sometimes needs a strongwilled someone to carry that out.. though Helen has little of it I'm not sure she can pull it through

candy gud one up there waiting for d nxt
Re: THE WEB by seunviju(f): 10:49am On Nov 20, 2014
Wonder what mrs Seriki revenge will be?keep up with the good work candy
Re: THE WEB by zyzxx(m): 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
Candy you to much oo
Baba God go bless u
More wisdom ma'am
Pls protect adebimpe o
Re: THE WEB by CYclone1(f): 7:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
Dr emma is a dubious doctor and I don't trust him again.so chief has another child abroad.well, he said he was only careless once or twice long long ago, I guess he was talking about sleeping with adebimpe and the mother of samantha.I like that temi and tobi are getting together.

Nice nice nice update.I like the twists and turns gan ni.more!
Re: THE WEB by Queenxstar(f): 12:28am On Nov 21, 2014
Helen is impossible if what am thinking is what she has up her sleeves.
You're doing splendid Ma'am Candy.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Helen! She's annoyed cos Chief cheated on her, shebi she's also doing d same thing wit d doctor, I just hope her evil plans doesn't work ooo.
Thanks 4 d update. Keep it flowing
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Are u serious? I dnt even know what to say abt all her secrets. So she's dis greedy. Mean she's so impossible. Queen Hess I sight u there. Madam candy u too much
Re: THE WEB by Missmossy(f): 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
Such a beautiful piece, well done Candy kiss

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by Queenxstar(f): 12:00am On Nov 22, 2014
Hameenat94:
Are u serious? I dnt even know what to say abt all her secrets. So she's dis greedy. Mean she's so impossible. Queen Hess I sight u there. Madam candy u too much
I see you dearie.
Re: THE WEB by arabaribiti(m): 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
Candy you are a very good writer pls keep it up
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
arabaribiti:
Candy you are a very good writer pls keep it up
Thanks
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2014

The chamber of Smart & Cole was housed in a new two-story red brick building that bore the grandiose name of The Choice Complex. The buiding also housed one other big-name law firm, an insurance company and a consulting outfit also owned by senator Smart. Smart & Cole was located on the first floor.

Madam ty, Tobi and Bolu climbed the elegant spiral stairs silently. The plan was for the kids to go and obtain Senator Smart's oral swab alone, but madam ty pleaded to go with them. She needed to see the face of evil one more time. They filed quietly into the beautifully decorated reception area. The receptionist looked up questioningly from her computer terminal and gave a little jolt of recognition on seeing Tobi.

While the ladies made themselves comfortable on the red and white visitors' chairs, Tobi walked up to the receptionist. Sen. Smart did more of politics than law and they had to make several phone calls to his chamber before they were asked over. Of course, he didn't know why Tobi Seriki was bent on seeing him in the office.

"Hi. I'm Tobi Seriki, the senator is expecting me."

"Hmmm...we met during the senator's party, I remember you." She smiled and handed him a small visitor's form which Tobi filled. The receptionist obviously admired Tobi, she was all smiles as she announced their presence to the senator over the phone.
"Third office by the left." She told them.

They found the oak door with the appropriate stenciling job and let themselves into another outer office with beige walls decorated with african art works. The secretary popped up from her seat and disappeared into sen. Smart's office. They eyed the small sofas that appeared to have been picked more for decor than comfort, and stayed on their feet.

"Tobi." A big smile lit up the senator's face as he welcomed his visitors into his office. The smile was replaced by a frown as he took a closer look at the women.

"Good morning sir. This is Bolu and her mum, Ms Adebimpe."
Bolu took a moment to survey the room as they sat down on the comfortable sofas. As in the outer office, the furnishings were oak with smooth, modern designs. A shelf on the right side of the senator housed diplomas and awards while the tv hung on the right.

"I bet you don't remember me, senator." Madam ty broke the silence

"Oh my, I do. Adebimpe...my wife actually told me she saw you and your daughter. You haven't aged much."

"Yes, your wife saw me." She said asAn awkward silence descended on the room.

The senator shifted in his seat uncomfortably. He smiled what he considered to be the most charming smile in his arsenal. Madam ty remembered that smile well- that evil smile was on his face when he took her innocence. He looked as fit and perfectly groomed as a show horse. His suit was a shade bluer than navy, tailored to show off the build he honed in his private gym with his personal trainer. At almost 60,He looked good for his age.

"What can I do for you?" He asked with just enough indifference to irritate his visitors. "It's been a long time."

"Not long enough, senator." Bolu said, ignoring his stares and discomfort. "We are here on account of what you did to my mother 25 years ago." She pointed at madam ty for emphasis. "We'll like to know if you fathered her twins." Her voice shook as she managed to complete her speech.

The look of shock on senator's face appeared genuine. Bolu's accusation touched a nerve that sent a red mist across his vision. He didn't deny her charges-no point. He shook his head, frowning. He looked at madam ty as if trying to jug his memory. she still looked very beautiful. the red and black short dress she wore looked perfect on her curvy body. It sparked his memory, right.
"Em...ah...really...I'm sorry...please." He stood up and paced the small space around his chair. "Please, I'll do anything you need."

Madam ty got up in anger. "You did what you did because you believed your money and position entitled you to do as you pleased. And the thing that makes me sick is that you got away with it. I can't sue you to court, but I assure you, you will reap it somehow."

"I'm sorry, I really am." Was all he could say.
"Good. What we need first is an oral swab for dna." Tobi said and handed him the swab. "Your saliva will do. Just put it back in the bag."

"Ok...ok..." The senator was shaking, madam ty and Bolu couldn't conceal their amusement and they almost laughed out loud. "Are you the chhild inquestion?" He faced Bolu.

"Hmmm, just one of them." She answered him and prayed silently he is not their father. She had taken an instant dislike to the air of arrogance around him.

Tobi collected the swab envelope from the senator and they bade him goodbye. Just before they left, he looked downcast as he apologized to madam ty one more time."I never knew you had a...I mean children before you left, Adebimpe."

"Yes, I had twins." They didn't answer his questions again as they slammed the door. He was thrown in confussion.

The trio of mother and children burst into laughter as they descended the stairs to the car park. It was a fulfilling trip.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2014

No light in the apartment, but she saw a reflection of the hallway light. Mrs Seriki had waited for over two hours just to be sure she wasn't going to have a visitor. She had turned off the light by 8pm and left the tv on. Music blared from a loud speaker in one of the other apartments and she heard laughter and what sounded like arguments from another.

Before setting out, mrs Seriki ha'd done her homework well on her. It took a while, but her boys gave her one or two weaknesses; she planned to use them as bait.

No answer to her first knock, but the tv was still on. She knocked again. She raised her hand for the third knock when the door opened from inside. Temi stood by the open door, dressed in a simple pink cotton nightie. She was shocked to find Mrs Seriki at her door.

"He...hello...hello ma." She stammered her greeting.
"I'm sure I'm the last person you expect here. Can I come in?" Mrs Seriki asked, even as she made her way past the shocked host.
"Come in ma." Mrs seriki was already seated by the time the invitation came.
"What can I do for you ma?"
"Hmmm, you sound like a nice girl. Can I trust you?" Mrs Seriki asked her.

Temi remained standing by the door- incase she had to flee for her life. "I guess you can."

She opened her brown handbag and brought out a brown envelope. She opened it and showed Temi the content. "This is N200 thousand." She passed the envelope across the coffee table, towards Temi who had moved a few steps inside the room.

She was too scared to touch the money, she just eyed the envelope. "What's the money for, ma?"
"For you. I can add more...infact..." She opened her bag and brough out another smaller envelope. "Here, its N50k. More"

Temi shook visibly. Her timber merchant illiterate parents were comfortable by poor people's standard but she had never owned the sum of N100k apart from when she was still in school and needed to pay school fees and acomodation.

"What's the money for ma?" She repeated, itching to touch it, own it.
"It's not a very difficult task. I know you are the only one who can do it because you have access to Bolu's house." Mrs Seriki told her, obviously relieved that Temi had calmed down a bit.

"I can't kill anyone ma." Temi was almost in tears. Dissappointed that the deal had to do with her dear friend. Though in recent times, she'd become envious of Bolu's success, especially her relationship with Ade and the shabby treatment her ex gave her recently.

Mrs Seriki laughed heartily at her navety. "You are not killing any one, my dear. I just need you to help me get my son back."

"As far as it doesn't involve life ma." Temi sighed. She remembered seeing things like this on tv and decided to make the best of her situation. "Tell me what you will have me do and we can talk about the price." She said, looking away from mrs seriki. She needed a car, N250k can't buy her one, even when she adds her savings.

They discussed for about ten more minutes and mrs Seriki agreed to give her a balance of N150k the following day. To be on a safe side, she urged the woman to take the money with her for the night and pay it along with the balance into a specified account. She gave the account detail and bade her august visitor farewell.

She slumped on the chair soon aMrs Seriki left. The task was not dangerous, she tried to convince herself. She felt bad that she had to betray her friend and her mum this way, but she liked it better before the role reversal. She used to give Bolu money; now Bolu gives her. Maybe they don't deserve Tobi after all.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
Your comments are my number one motivation for writing this story despite my tight, tight schedule. Nnext update after ya all have left your comments o tongue grin

Thanks for being there for a sister.

Abuklaw
Tescoleps
Hameenat94
Xtarxhyne
Snowangel
Eniqurl
debdave
Divepen
PrinceAdepoju
Labaski
D9ty7
Candis009
QueenTolpatx
Missviva
Adeh39
Cyclone1
AmJane
pricelesslove
foslink
Kunzu
Seunviju
Okotv
Mariamferanmi
Stonecoldcafe
Bblacky
Jennimma
zyzxx
thinezy
boladex1
Amiablejudy
Missviva
Plaitex
Missmossy
tfabu
manuel180
gal10
ruffhandu
Queenxstar
arabaribiti
fragilegal

Kingphilip
Re: THE WEB by Aisha800(f): 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
Stupid temi. Welldone candy
Re: THE WEB by fragilegal(f): 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2014
Temi shouldnt do that. Betray a fren for money Thats so so bad. Thanx for the update Candy
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
fragilegal:
Temi shouldnt do that. Betray a fren for money Thats so so bad.
We've heard of girls luring their besties to ritualists! Hers is not just for the money though: more out of jealousy. We really can't afford to be too trusting my sister.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by zyzxx(m): 8:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hmmmm.
Temi u can't eat ur cake and av it! Be wise money is not everything.

tanks candy, u awesome
Re: THE WEB by tfabu: 9:13pm On Nov 22, 2014
Woow!interesting as usual,can't wait to read more updates,more plsss
Re: THE WEB by pricelesslove(f): 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
INTERESTING. MORE STRENGTH DEAR

Re: THE WEB by missviva(f): 5:50am On Nov 23, 2014
I seriously don't understand mrs seriki,she shld knw by now dat she can't eat her cake and have it. Meanwhile,I admire ur writting skill,Candy. ‎​you re da bomb!and tnx 4 the mention
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2014
zyzxx:
Hmmmm.
Temi u can't eat ur cake and av it! Be wise money is not everything.

tanks candy, u awesome
Tell them o; money is not everything.

pricelesslove:
INTERESTING. MORE STRENGTH DEAR
Thanks and thanks.

tfabu:
Woow!interesting as usual,can't wait to read more updates,more plsss
Thanks a bunch. I will update soon, watch out.

missviva:
I seriously don't understand mrs seriki,she shld knw by now dat she can't eat her cake and have it. Meanwhile,I admire ur writting skill,Candy. ‎​you re da bomb!and tnx 4 the mention
Thanks for the compliment sis. I just hope people will learn to accept defeat and move on! But so many people will rather die trying than give in to fate. Keep reading.
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 11:51am On Nov 23, 2014
Temi z abt to lose a great frnd nd husband oh. Warn her oh anybody that knows her. Buh plus God dnt let anything happen to d twins nd their mum.
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 11:51am On Nov 23, 2014
Wonderful!!! I jst pray Temi uses her head to d core. I'm xo scared she doesn't do something nasty.
Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 12:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
Happy sunday to yu candy, i hope Temi thinks twice abt wot she's abt to do.she shldnt betray her frnd because of money nah..
Re: THE WEB by mariamferanmi(f): 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
Happy sunday my sweet candy tanx 4 d update, hmmmmmm temi dis gal is going crazy cos of jealousy n money I pray she's not successful wit it!!

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
Hameenat94:
Temi z abt to lose a great frnd[b] nd husband [/b] oh. Warn her oh anybody that knows her. Buh plus God dnt let anything happen to d twins nd their mum.
Which husband na? tongue

Happy sunday my dear sister and other sweeties in the house!
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
candy:

Which husband na? tongue

Happy sunday my dear sister and other sweeties in the house!

Toni na.. I'm anticipating Temi weds Tobi
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
Hameenat94:

Toni na.. I'm anticipating Temi weds Tobi
Aw...but that's if she doesn't mess up sha...who knows?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.