Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

THE WEB - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (116917 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by seunviju(f): 11:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
CYclone1:

Boom, I hope Sasha and Amber hit a rock and...
die or loose their memory and never regain it again?
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 11:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
That's mean.
seunviju: die or loose their memory and never regain it again?
Re: THE WEB by AmJane(f): 12:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
Wao! Thanks for the mention. waiting for the weekend update ma. Nice work.
Re: THE WEB by pricelesslove(f): 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
Thank u very much for the dedication. more ink to ur pen.
Re: THE WEB by labaski(f): 4:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
candy:
This midweek update is dedicated to:

Abuklaw
Tescoleps
Hameenat94
Snowangel
Eniqurl
Debdave
Divepen
PrinceAdepoju
Labaski
D9ty7
Candis009
Cyclone1
AmJane
pricelesslove
foslink
Kunzu
Seunviju
thanks for d dedication Candy..nice work..
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
candy:
This midweek update is dedicated to:

Abuklaw
Tescoleps
Hameenat94
Snowangel
Eniqurl
Debdave
Divepen
PrinceAdepoju
Labaski
D9ty7
Candis009
Cyclone1
AmJane
pricelesslove
foslink
Kunzu
Seunviju
Thanks Gurl... I appreciate.
Re: THE WEB by Smilingangel45(f): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2014
That alhaja chop beta clap
Re: THE WEB by CYclone1(f): 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
Smilingangel45: That alhaja chop beta clap
well deserving slap for frustrating Mama Ty and her daughter grin grin grin
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
seunviju: die or loose their memory and never regain it again?
dnt u think datx 2 mild? Lets look 4 another harsh 1 4 them... Tnx 4 d dedication dear... I really appreciate d recognition... Buh dis 2 updates is breaking my @ oh
Re: THE WEB by seunviju(f): 12:11am On Sep 27, 2014
D9ty7: That's mean.
says who?
Re: THE WEB by seunviju(f): 12:12am On Sep 27, 2014
Hameenat94:
dnt u think datx 2 mild? Lets look 4 another harsh 1 4 them... Tnx 4 d dedication dear... I really appreciate d recognition... Buh dis 2 updates is breaking my @ oh
like what o jare my dear?
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 27, 2014

Things were finally beginning to look up for Madam TY and her daughter. Six months into her service year, Bolu had given her N40,000 to start a more befitting business. They had both brainstormed on the best business the money could be used for.

Madam TY had thought of selling raw food stuff. Luckily, it was a big hit and she started making sales immediately. They couldn't afford to rent a shop but she sold at a corner of the street. She even made her hair into different modest styles now.

This morning however, she woke up feeling sick and apprehensive. She picked her phone and dialed Bolu's number. It was almost a ritual for mum or daughter to call every morning. They usually started their days this way. When Bolu's phone rang without any answer on the fifth dial, an ominous feeling overcame her. A keen sense of impending danger.

Nevertheless, she dressed up and left for her makeshift 'shop' on a corner of the street. But that oppressive dread stayed wiith her all day. She managed to do business as usual. When her phone rang at 12:05pm and saw Bolu's name displayed on the screen, she was so happy.

"Bolu, where have you been?" She asked anxiously.
" Maami, sorry, I left my phone at home, I've just come home to pick it now", she said.

Her mum heaved a sigh of relief and told her she'd been so worried.

"I'm a big girl now! Don't worry about me o", she taunted jokingly.

"How is Ade? ", she asked. Ade is one topic madam TY like discussing. He had been so helpful to them since he started dating Bolu. For the first time, Bolu appeared to be serious about a guy and it was a good sign. Ade and Bolu had met when Mrs Seriki maliciously removed her as Tobi's secretary a couple of months back. She had instead, made her a protocol officer and put her in charge of beautification department.

Very boring at first, till the day she went with the beautification team to the former governor's residence. The team was there to change the blinds. She had been so active, even though her job was to supervise. Ade, the former governor's first son had admired her through the CCTV camera. What intrigued him was her rare exotic beauty and he had minced no word in saying it to her. That marked the beginning of a beautiful relationship between the rich and the poor.

Madam TY was yet to meet Ade but she was nonetheless familiar with him on phone.

When they ended the call, her mood got better. She left for home in a lighter mood, though that eerie feeling still managed to hang somewhere in her subconcious.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 27, 2014
seunviju: like what o jare my dear?
Like transient madness lol
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 27, 2014

'Griiiiiiiing' madam Ty was awaken by the ring of her phone. She checked the time, it was 6:35pm. She had returned home earlier, had lunch and slept off. She went to the window to close the shutters all the way. Elongated shadows were cast across the small yard. Beyond the shadows, the pale yellow walls of the main building appeared to have soaked up all the sunshine. The compound was silent; seemingly serene.

'Griiing'She had missed the call earlier. She rushed across the room to pick it when it rang again.

"Hello", the voice at the other end said.
"Hello ma", madam ty said. It was aa female on the line. Number unlisted.

She quickly closed the shutters, entirely blocking the sun. Her heart beat faster.

"Are you Ms. Bolu's mum?", the voice asked.

Madam TY stood as still as a statue. She wasn't certain what she expected to hear.
"I'm Bolu's mum", she said, trembling.

"She is involved in an acciden...", the caller was saying.
"Acci...what?" She finally let out a loud scream. "Where? When?"

"She's at Grace hospital, behind Phcn office..."
"Yeeeee, I knew it o, I felt it o", madam TY said tearfully. She picked her sales purse, lifted up her mattress and squeezed her savings in her purse. Without chaaanging her clothes, she rushed outside, calling Temi's number as she ran down the street flagging down okada.

When she failed to reach Temi on phone, she became more frightened. She even tried Bolu's numbers without luck. Hope she's not dead, she thought.

From their new house somewhere in Felele, she had almost ran to challenge before she got aa bike that was willing to take her to Grace hospital, apparently, it wasn't a popular hospital.

The ride to Grace hospital was the longest ride of her entire life. At a point. During the ride, she considered getting off and walking it out-she knew it was going to be a futile effort. The tears kept streaming down her face, she couldn't hold it any longer. Her thought kept going back to her dreams and she was almost sure it's coming to pass.

The conception and birth of Bolu, though the best thing that ever happened to her, brought very unpleasant memories to her. Memories that were finding their way back to her heavy mind even as she rode to the hospital.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE WEB by labaski(f): 9:41am On Sep 27, 2014
candy pls touch not my Bolu ooo.. embarassed
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
labaski: candy pls touch not my Bolu ooo.. embarassed
I hope she's fine too o tongue
Re: THE WEB by Eniqurl(f): 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Plz spare Bolu oh...abeq
Re: THE WEB by seunviju(f): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
Huh,candy candy candy,aw many times I cal u?mak I neva tlk anytin
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
seunviju: Huh,candy candy candy,aw many times I cal u?mak I neva tlk anytin
I no hear u well o, e be like u called me 2 times grin

Oya talk o!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
Is this all candy?.....
Dis one no reach nah....hmmmm?
Re: THE WEB by Kunzu(m): 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
Oya come updates

#say no to small updates
Re: THE WEB by BashirAhmad1(m): 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hy candy, finally I was here, right in the second seat from your left.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
Kunzu: Oya come updates

#say no to small updates
Will give a lenghty one monday/tuesday, bear with me sir.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
BashirAhmad1: Hy candy, finally I was here, right in the second seat from your left.
I see you bro. You are welcome.
Re: THE WEB by Eniqurl(f): 9:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
Come nd update nah
Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
candy:
Will give a lenghty one monday/tuesday, bear with me sir.
Candy monday is here ooo. Waiting patiently for d update. I hope ur weekend was great?
Re: THE WEB by Kunzu(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
@4.15pm, waiting for Candy's updates

#She said on Monday_______RIGHT
Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kunzu: @4.15pm, waiting for Candy's updates

#She said on Monday_______RIGHT
RIGHT!!
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pls dnt let anytyn happen 2 Bolu oh...
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
I know sorry doesn't cut it, but I still have to say it. Been going through ttechnical difficulties with phones lately, hence my inability to update.

It's easier for me to type on my phone because I can move about with it, unfortunately my memo pad is acting up. Tried working on ipad, but it wasn't convenient. No luxury of time and space to even use my laptop! I will make it up to ya all lovely readers.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by mariamferanmi(f): 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
Madam candy I rili love dis pls keep it going, following# more mb to ur phonem lols!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 01, 2014

Bolu opened her eyes to poor focus in an unfamiliar room. High ceilinged, brightly lit, all white. She closed her eyes again; she felt better with them closed. Gradually, she became aware that someone was sitting next to her. Whoever it was had her head placed on the bed, probably sleeping.

Bolu's hands shook slightly as she felt her face, wondering why she couldn't see clearly. Her face was ok, but when she couldn't lift her other hand and legs, she knew she was in trouble. Her right hand was bandaged heavily, forehead had what felt like heavy plaster and it felt really sticky. Her right leg felt like wood and she dared not look down to see what was happening there.

Bolu opened her mouth to speak but her voice sounded like a low croak. Madam ty felt her daughter's movement and quickly stood on her feet.

"Doctor", she shouted. Earlier, she'd been told by the doctor and nurses to call for the doctor whenever Bolu woke up. She was not in coma but her heavy sleep was induced.
"Maami, wh..a..t..", Bolu tried to speak but her mum forced her to shut up and rest while they waited for the doctor.

Still wondering how she ended up in the hospital, she tried to sip from the warm beverage her mother prepared for her. Gradually, the events of the past 24 hours started flooding back in her memory.

"Maami, where is Temi?", Bolu asked suddenly as if she was jolted back to reality for the first time.
"I've not set my eyes on her since I got here yesterday", she answered
"We were together when this happened!" Bolu said, half sitting on the bed with a pillow behind her.
"Really? I thought as much." Madam ty said, sadness creeping into her voice."I think we should talk to the doctors, we need to find out how you got here and where Temi is"

Madam ty quickly rose on her feet and half walked half ran downstairs, now worried about Temi. Downstairs, the two nurses on duty were attending to an accident victim while the doctor wrote on her prescription sheet. Not minding how busy they all looked, madam ty found her way into the room, already packed full with doctor, nurses and sympathisers.

The orderly stopped her and asked if she needed to see the nurses regarding her daughter.

"Please ma, a lady must have been brought in with my daughter...", she explained
"Yes, Aunty Temi. Her parents were contacted yesterday and they've come to take her" the orderly answered.
"Please, how was she?" Madam ty asked, still worried about Temi.
"Better than aunty Bolu. They were both rushed in by a good samaritan who called Temi's parents with his own phone".
"So, who called me?" She asked
"Ha, we called you with Temi's dad's phone, aunty Bolu's phone was spoilt in the accident".

Madam Ty felt relieved on hearing that Temi made it, though a bit surprised that she hadn't called Bolu since, unless she got worse, she thought.

Upstairs, Bolu was able to sit down with two pillows packed against the headboard. She felt better and looked better. With no phone and any means of reaching Ade, Tobi or Temi, she felt terrible, not from any physical pain but a psychological one. Propped against two pillows, good elbow supporting her frame, she allowed her mind to go over the event of the past 24hours one more time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.