Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters (4169 Views)

Igbo Slaves in Trinidad: Slave Census Of 1813 / Beware The Children Of Slave Owners!horn Of Africans (ethios,somalis,eris, Djis) / Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by nguage(m): 8:28pm On Oct 31, 2008
Eighteen-year-old rapper Soulja Boy recently made some alarming comments when he was interviewed by journalist Toure for BET's The Black Carpet.

Soulja Boy was asked by Toure which historical figure he hates most. And according to Toure's blog, when Soulja Boy appeared to be caught off guard by the question, Toure threw out some previous answers which included Hitler, Bin Laden, and slave masters.

Here is how Soulja Boy then responded to the question, "Oh wait! Hold up! Shout out to the slave masters! Without them we'd still be in Africa. We wouldn't be here to get this ice and tattoos."

Soulja Boy has been in the media quite often this year due to his feud with Ice T [click to read] and Lebron James' Jay-Z/Soulja Boy comments made during last season's NBA playoff's.

Soulja Boy's most recent album Souljaboytellem.com was released in October of 2007 and went on to reach the number four spot on the Billboard Top 200.
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.8005/title.soulja-boy-shouts-out-slave-masters
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by SeanT21(f): 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2008
What about,

Education and many opportunities. All this fool can think about is Bling. He is a Plain example of the word "NIGER". There are AA and there are Nigers!!!
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by JamaicanQT(f): 9:50pm On Oct 31, 2008
soulja boy makes me laugh, whats up with that kid
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by lucabrasi(m): 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2008
i hope aa s can see now why africans act the way they do towards them, not forgetting game's lyrics boasting about wearing blood diamonds from sierra leone
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Outstrip(f): 11:20pm On Oct 31, 2008
Lucabrasi abeg be quiet. Is that any worse than Olu maintain glorifying 419 when it has already tainted nigerians overseas irrepairably.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by asha80(m): 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2008
Many blacks have low self esteem sad
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by dmxqo(m): 11:36pm On Oct 31, 2008
Outstrip:

Lucabrasi abeg be quiet. Is that any worse than Olu maintain glorifying 419 when it has already tainted nigerians overseas irrepairably.
no be only Olu maintain o o! Dem many, na money and fame b their priority. Pity dem joö
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by tpia: 12:49am On Nov 01, 2008
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by ezeagu(m): 1:45am On Nov 01, 2008
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by bawomolo(m): 1:57am On Nov 01, 2008
so the crank dat dance was just the modern day coon shuffle??
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 01, 2008
What's coon shuffle?
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by nguage(m): 3:09am On Nov 01, 2008
It's more like the modern day shuff and jive with half of a watermelon and a painted face. I'm starting to think he is kobojunkie's boyfriend.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by bawomolo(m): 5:43am On Nov 01, 2008
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by ikeyman00(m): 8:42am On Nov 01, 2008
hah
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by lucabrasi(m): 11:32am On Nov 01, 2008
Outstrip:

are you seriously equating olu maintain's yahoozee song presumably glorifying 419 to a statement glorifying the death and enslavement of millions of human beings?did u read any history in that usa you are at all??
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by chiogo(f): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2008
LOL! I heard that comment on the radio the other day but the name of the artist was withheld. Didn't know it was Soulja boy.

That kid comes from Mississippi, that place is just as bad as the poorest places in Africa. He just recently escaped now he's running his mouth. LOL, I;m not even mad about his comment. But they should stop fussing when the white man calls them a nigger and treats them like they're inferior.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Morenike3(f): 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2008
lmao! bawomolo, you're not serious grin grin
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by sesman(m): 9:25pm On Nov 01, 2008
am not suprised or alarmed by his comment. he might be happy he is in the US because of his slave masters. what about his ancestors that were abused,raped,tortured in the process? who cares what he thinks as he is just an uneducated baboon, ode buruku,
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by bawomolo(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2008
*Morenike:

lmao! bawomolo, you're not serious grin grin

don't u wanna crank that coon shuffle cheesy cheesy
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Cayon(f): 10:47pm On Nov 01, 2008
i am reading about all these slavery stories - baffled

tell me something does slavery still exist in Africa and is it legal?
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Okijajuju1(m): 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2008
Cayon:

Hells yeah it still exists.
Just last week, a shipment of slaves left Tincan port for Alabama. My uncles Kunta kinte and my litle cousin boydingo were all sold.
And yes it is legal. You pay export duties on each slave sold.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by bawomolo(m): 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2008
Cayon:

yes o, there is a buy one get one free sale going on in apapa port right now
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by OrumbaS89(f): 11:07pm On Nov 01, 2008
This fool.

Oh hell no.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by IFeoma: 1:22am On Nov 02, 2008
Souljh boy is stupid.

Praise them for the killing and enslavement of his people.  Idiot that's what that boy is.

As for me; i'm still pissed about the Colonization.  If i was AA, i'll be pissed from Slavery.

Well if his happy, he needs to start helping his people in the Ghetto and stop buying that bling bling shit (hell even Kanye told their dumbass that in his song, Jeez listen to Kanye and Nas
AA's/AA rappers (Listen) to Kanye and Nas(some of their music teaches something just like Fela Kuti taught us Nigerians(the man predicted some shit that Nigerians could have prevented if we listened to him).
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by MrCrackles(m): 1:28am On Nov 02, 2008
soulja boy is a dumbfuc.k-wit!!

i dont take anything he says serious and i would rank him bar none

obviously hez youngin so i would expect him to be stupid and foolish!
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by shotster50(m): 2:12am On Nov 02, 2008
Another dumb rapper shoots off his mouth. Well he is young and an  ignorant house nigger. The slave massas are mighty proud 'o this young 'un.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Okijajuju1(m): 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2008
@ Topic

Now thats what you get when you breed a good nigger. (White supremacists reaction to soulja bos comment)

Too bad Kunta Kinte and co. paid the ultimate price for those bling.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Outstrip(f): 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2008
Lucrabasi I am calling you out because you want to use it as an excuse to spread your hate. If he had said thanks to all the africans that sold their brothers and sisters out just for some mirrors and other material things that the white man dis not even consider worth having would you not still have used it as an excuse to insult the fact that he is african american and the reason why you have issues with them. Maybe he should not have said thanks to the white slaves who were happy to take african's off the hands of other africans who did not feel that their fellow humanbeings deserve life like the white man deserves life. Are the slaves in africa today doing better than souljaboy. Souljaboy might be daft and used a bad example but he is not telling a lie.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by lucabrasi(m): 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2008
hmmmn,r u aa by any chance?so going by your comments i gues the jews should thank hitler for killing and displacing them to america,uk e.t.c if not they wouldnt be controlling the financial markets and hollywood now right
spread what hate?i gave another example o ignorance and insensitivity from aa's and you r going on about hate, didnt the game glorify his wearing of "ice from sierra leone" apart from kanye west,nas,common,jay z,a keys,talib kweli and some very few who hasnt glorified wearing ice even though they know its mostly blood diamonds?didnt aa s criticise oprah winfrey for setting up a school in south africa?
what has souljah boy done?a dim witted and at best semi literate boy who was lucky for hip hop displaying his ignorance and using all his money to buy diamonds and hummers while his mates are getting a good education, abegi!
you need to go do some research and read up on these things before talking
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by shotster50(m): 1:03am On Nov 03, 2008
@ Outstrip,

I have to really disagree with your comments. If you ask me I think the stuff you said about mirrors is something to do with your own insecurities because you have bought into that AA mode of thinking. Fact is, mirrors or no mirrors, the whiteman would still have enslaved people in Africa, because they were the only people who could do those plantation work ( they tried it with the native indians and most of them died). I need not also remind you  that slavery is not limited to Africa.

As for Soulja Boy saying the truth, don't you think that the 'shipment' of those people from Africa greatly enhanced the American economy? Do you honestly believe America would be where they are today without slavery Free labor for centuries must have counted for something.

Last time I checked, majority of the AA's who responded to the Soulja Boy comments on various websites roundly condemned him.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by Outstrip(f): 2:17am On Nov 03, 2008
shotster you can call me insecure all you like but the fact remains that I speak the truth. Slave trade would not have been as successful as it was were it not for the greed of africans in power. Keep fooling yourself. I don't care if it also happened elsewhere. It is irrelevant to me. My father has told me stories of how people were picked to be sold into slavery and my husbands has told me the stories his grandmother told him. The king of the village basically let it be known that every family had to sacrifice a child. So when your time came you know you had to sacrifice your child. If you hid your child you would wish you even sold yourself to the white men. The king got paid and life went on. Only very few villages stood up against the white men. Soulja boy might be stupid but he has said what he said. I chose to call Lucrabasi out because he has made other statements about AA's that I thought were inflammatory. When we say "this is what I do not like about AA's", "they are too into bling" etc the fact is nigerians are veyr much the same way. As a matter of fact we are no different from AA's. When you point 1 finger at someone you point 3 at yourself.
Re: Soulja Boy Shouts Out Slave Masters by tpia: 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2008

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! / Happy Easter 2015 Images, Pictures, Backgrounds, Wallpaper, Messages / My First Time Seeing A Chubby Asian (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.