Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? (1681 Views)

Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Eblinksflex(m): 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
I have always watched with amazement,how people fall under the anointing,and start speaking in other tongues,for the first time.But what i don't actually understand is how they actually feel after such heavenly experience,please share your experience
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Psylas(m): 4:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
I felt like i hv foold myself

4 Likes

Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
I was in ss2 when it happened,we gathered in a room and we were praying for d impartation of d holy spirit and then d spirit of d lord came down nd everyone began to speak in diverse tongues and I wasn't an exception

After that I felt great,my hunger and thirst for God increased,my perception of things around me increased and I feel great joy when I speak in tongues

1 Like

Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
missyhorlah: I was in ss2 when it happened,we gathered in a room and we were praying for d impartation of d holy spirit and then d spirit of d lord came down nd everyone began to speak in diverse tongues and I wasn't an exception

After that I felt great,my hunger and thirst for God increased,my perception of things around me increased and I feel great joy when I speak in tongues

Smh...

1 Like

Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
hifaif:

Smh...
SMP grin
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
missyhorlah: SMP grin

Oh, I see.

1 Like

Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
hifaif:

Oh, I see.
wetin dy do this one?
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Eblinksflex(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
missyhorlah: wetin dy do this one?

@hifaif just share your own experience
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
missyhorlah: wetin dy do this one?

I should be the one asking you that question.

1 Like

Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
Eblinksflex:

I am not a Christian.

1 Like

Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Eblinksflex(m): 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
missyhorlah: I was in ss2 when it happened,we gathered in a room and we were praying for d impartation of d holy spirit and then d spirit of d lord came down nd everyone began to speak in diverse tongues and I wasn't an exception

[color=#006600][quote author=missyhorlah]I was in ss2 when it happened,we gathered in a room and we were p

wow,that must be an awesome experience
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
Eblinksflex:

no mind am
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
missyhorlah: no mind am

STFU.

1 Like

Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
hifaif:

STFU.
abegi stop quoting me if u af nfn to say
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
missyhorlah: abegi stop quoting me if u af nfn to say

Just STFU if you don't want me to mention you again.

1 Like

Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
hifaif:

Just STFU if you don't want me to mention you again.
oh!can can see u r an atheist!no wonder for ur earlier behaviour
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
missyhorlah: oh!can can see u r an atheist!no wonder for ur earlier behaviour

What behaviour?

1 Like

Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by majorgr: 1:20am On Sep 15, 2014
Hmmm, when I first started speaking in tongues, it was in 2007 I finally got to release my faith to begin with. I had always prayed for it, asked God for it but it never occurred. I kept researching why, or is it dat God rejected me? Till one day I was fortunate to attend a Student fellowship in campus in 2007, they prayed for all those seeking the Spirit, all spoke in tongues except me. Infact I was extremely angry. After the service I met the speaker, explained to him my flaws. He went on to tell me dat it is me who is suppose to speak and the Spirit will flow, I didn't understand wat he meant I jst told him dat I culdt do it. U see dat was a big mistake, cuz dat wasn't speaking like faith wud. He was so patient he took his time to help me, finally I was ready, I started hearing strange words dat I had watched a pastor spoke wit on TV. I jst thought to giv it a try then suddenly I started speaking in a language dat sounds some how like French,or a Russian language that was wen I finally released my faith. I was prophecying at first, but up till now I'm still disappointed that no one at dat time culd help me interpret wat I was saying, cuz I knew it was an important message frm God to me, gradually my tongues changed from a known language to an unknown one. It was the most beautiful experience ever, since then I hav been helping many people to be filled wth the Holy Ghost. To help some people I wud say, don't expect the Holy Ghost to do ur speaking for u, first start speaking in faith then the Spirit will giv u utterance as d Bible state. Wen u ask God for Him, He wud honor ur request, He wudnt giv u a serpent or a scorpion which are demonic spirits, but life flowing burden removing, yoke destroying Power, which is the Holly Ghost.

2 Likes

Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 15, 2014
missyhorlah: oh!can can see u r an atheist!no wonder for ur earlier behaviour

I am sorry for telling you to STFU.

1 Like

Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
hifaif:

I am sorry for telling you to STFU.
no P,aw r u?
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
Psylas: I felt like i hv foold myself
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by davidflipcy(m): 7:20am On Sep 19, 2014
Yes I remember vividly on the 28th of August 2010. I have always wanted to speak in tongues and wonder how they do it. I went to seek advise and direction from one of the elders in church he secretly told me he was like me before until he visited one place. I was really eager to know, I questioned him to tell me the place. Finally the dropped the bomb, he said until he went to china. Na so me pack my bags collect visa enter china oh. Now I can speak in tongues more than the people who has been doing such for long gringringringringringringrin
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
missyhorlah: no P,aw r u?

I am so sorry couldn't reply immediately. Was offline for a couple of days. I am fine. I hope you are fine too?
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
hifaif:

I am so sorry couldn't reply immediately. Was offline for a couple of days. I am fine. I hope you are fine too?
same as me...just came here ydea
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
missyhorlah: same as me...just came here ydea

I didn't get the last word smiley 'ydea'
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
hifaif:

I didn't get the last word smiley 'ydea'
yesterday
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Zikdik(m): 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
hifaif:

Smh...
You know you were fooling yourself like everyone else but you just wanted to fit in.
This is the harsh honesty that comes with atheism. Knowing none of this stuff makes sense and not being scared or cowardly to admit it.
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
Zikdik:
You know you were fooling yourself like everyone else but you just wanted to fit in.
This is the harsh honesty that comes with atheism. Knowing none of this stuff makes sense and not being scared or cowardly to admit it.

If you think I am fooling myself not believing in ridiculous Jewish fables, then you need to read up on the real meaning of the word, 'fool'
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
missyhorlah: yesterday

I knew, though. Take care of yourself
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Zikdik(m): 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
hifaif:

If you think I am fooling myself not believing in ridiculous Jewish fables, then you need to read up on the real meaning of the word, 'fool'

I actually wanted to quote the Lady with the testimony.
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
Zikdik:
I actually wanted to quote the Lady with the testimony.

Oh, sorry, bro.
Re: How Didyou Feel When You First Spoke In Tongues? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
hifaif:

I knew, though. Take care of yourself
so tell me what does stfu means?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians / Anthropomorphism And The Nature Of God. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Was Honoured Doctor Of Divinity At BIU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.