Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Governor Suntai Returns, Eager To Resume Duties. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Suntai Returns, Eager To Resume Duties. (627 Views)

Ex-Taraba Governor Suntai Suffers Stroke, Abandoned By Govt, Associates / Governor Suntai Discharged From German Hospital / Governor Suntai Is Brain-damaged - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Suntai Returns, Eager To Resume Duties. by ralphcrown3: 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba State arrived the Nigerian capital of Abuja on Saturday at 10 p.m. after months of medical treatment in the United Kingdom.
Suntai later addressed newsmen at the Gen. Theophilus Danjuma’ s guest house in Asokoro, Abuja.
He said: “I just arrived in Nigeria after my treatment abroad at Whalton Hospital in London.
“I thank God l’m getting better, l am happy to be back home and you all are here to receive me. Thank you all for your prayer sand support.’’
He was received by Mr Darius Ishaku, Minister of State for Niger Delta Affairs, Rev. Jolly Nyame, a former Taraba governor, Sen. Emmanuel Bwacha, Chairman, Senate Committee on Agriculture, among others.
Ishaku told newsmen that the governor was in good health, adding that he could now take over the responsibility of governing the state.

“Taraba state will heave a sigh of relief following the coming of the governor.
“I am excited, he just addressed us and expressed his joy to be back home; l will like to add that his health is a miracle,’’ Ishaku said.
Also, Nyame said that Suntai’s mental alertness indicated that he was capable of taking over the affairs of the state.
“It is obvious that the governor can recognise everyone here which shows that he is mentally alert and lucid.
“He just addressed the press, but the last time he didn’t, which shows that he can take over as the governor,’’ Nyame said.
Suntai’s piloted plane crashed on Oct. 25, 2012 in Yola, with some of his aides. The accident was said to have caused him grave brain damage.
He was transferred from a hospital in Yola to the National Hospital, Abuja, on Oct. 26, 2012, and later flown to Germany and U.S for treatment.

He later returned to the country on Aug. 23, 2013 after 10 months of medical treatment overseas.
After some controversies on the status of his health, the acting governor, Umaru Garba continued in office.
Suntai was later flown to London for further medical treatment.

source: http://odunlade..com/2014/09/governor-suntai-returns-eager-to-resume.html

Re: Governor Suntai Returns, Eager To Resume Duties. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
Well, according to the Governor, he said that he arrived from Abuja. He didn't seem to be aware of who he was or what was happening around him. He kept stealing glances at his wife, who was seated beside him, the way I used to do as a kid, when I misbehaved and expected a slap from my mum. I hope his wife doesn't slap him.

These people should let this man rest. He can't even govern himself. If Suntai is left all by himself, he can't take care of himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Suntai Returns, Eager To Resume Duties. by Opiosko: 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
20pounds: Well, according to the Governor, he said that he arrived from Abuja. He didn't seem to be aware of who he was or what was happening around him. He kept stealing glances at his wife, who was seated beside him, the way I used to do as a kid, when I misbehaved and expected a slap from my mum. I hope his wife doesn't slap him.

These people should let this man rest. He can't even govern himself. If Suntai is left all by himself, he can't take care of himself.
It's too early to take side na, let's watch and see how things goes with him.
Re: Governor Suntai Returns, Eager To Resume Duties. by psucc(m): 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
Book Review
Title: Taraba tete a tata
Genre: Play
Playwright: Mrs. Suntai et al
Main Xters: Gov Danbaba Suntai; Deputy Gov; Speaker of TBHA
No. of Pages: approximately 50
No. of Acts: 3
Current Act: 2

Highlights:
Act One
1. First attempt to resume office even when he fail to recognize people around him
2. Flown out of the country for further treatment.
3. Maintain office as governor even when he cannot perform.
4. The SANS, Constitutional Lawyers, PDP, President, APC, others look the other way.
5. Taraba under firm grip of First Lady of Taraba.

Act Two
1. Arrived at 10.00pm without addressing the Press at the Airport as the tradition of our govs is
2. Render the shortest speech while his die-hard supporters do the remaining talk for him.
3. Glancing at everything around as if in the moon.

Act Three
Final battle at Government House, Jalingo.
Re: Governor Suntai Returns, Eager To Resume Duties. by Sagamite(m): 9:11am On Sep 15, 2014
This person is brain damaged after an accident while flying a private jet he bought himself with government money despite people for his state being the poorest and not being capable of 3 square meals.

Now the person is brain-damaged but he and his cabal of thieves still want to come and destroy more lives so they can loot.

These are the person leaders pendusky likes praying for. undecided

Pendusky, come and pray for your person to recover and continue destroying your life o.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Three Feared Dead In Benin Building Collapse / Sorry Buhari And Atiku... / Deceit And Delusion At The United Nations.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.