Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

How/where Do I Process A New Birth Certificate To Replace Missing One? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How/where Do I Process A New Birth Certificate To Replace Missing One? (1334 Views)

A New Birth - Wish Me Happy Birthday / Pls Hw Can I Get Date Of Birth Certificate / Should I Put The Name Of My Xboyfriend On My Son's Birth Certificate Help Me Plz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How/where Do I Process A New Birth Certificate To Replace Missing One? by Acelifted: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hi Nairalanders

My birth certificate has been missing for sometime. I have been using a sworn affidavit (declaration of age). Now I really need a genuine Birth Certificate for something (they will not accept the sworn affidavit). But I don't know where and how to go about this. Please any information on which office to visit and the processes involved will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: How/where Do I Process A New Birth Certificate To Replace Missing One? by Tonykings: 7:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
Go do affidavit of age declaration.....
Re: How/where Do I Process A New Birth Certificate To Replace Missing One? by CharlesPhc: 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
Acelifted: Hi Nairalanders
My birth certificate has been missing for sometime. I have been using a sworn affidavit (declaration of age). Now I really need a genuine Birth Certificate for something (they will not accept the sworn affidavit). But I don't know where and how to go about this. Please any information on which office to visit and the processes involved will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Your only genuine Birth Cert. was the one you said is missing...!!! If your parents can still remember the hospital where you were born, they should refer you to the Doctor to issue you another Birth Cert (not sure if that is possible though) with proof (Sworn Affidavit) you misplaced the original one.

Meanwhile, in this Internet age, all your Certificates should be scanned and kept online...!!!
Re: How/where Do I Process A New Birth Certificate To Replace Missing One? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
Go to the local government in which you were born and get a new one. It costs nothing less than 5k.
Re: How/where Do I Process A New Birth Certificate To Replace Missing One? by Acelifted: 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
The BC lost is the one issued from the hospital. I saw this stuff online when searching for help.

www.ecoi.net/local_link/201236/305944_en.html

Guess the only document available is an attestation letter issued by NPC.

please is there anyone who has obtained this document (Attestation Letter)? Do I have to travel to my local govt or the town where I was born? Or any NPC office will do?

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

What Age?? / Statutory Rape. Who Should Be Charged To Court? / Don't Miss The First Ever Lagos Beer Festival! April 22-23, 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.