Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

we APC Are Against People Of Independent Western Nigeria- Ahmed Magaji Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / we APC Are Against People Of Independent Western Nigeria- Ahmed Magaji Tinubu (798 Views)

FG Releases 7,000 Outstanding Petrol Loading Tickets Of Independent Marketers / Apc Are Now Giving Free Recharge Cards To Voters? (pic) / OAU Student Burn Down Awo Hall Over Musiwa Video of Independent Western Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

we APC Are Against People Of Independent Western Nigeria- Ahmed Magaji Tinubu by manck2: 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by OAM4J: 1:54am On Sep 16, 2011
Tinubu denies sponsoring Boko Haram

Former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Thursday denied sponsoring the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, saying his belief in the sanctity of human life would not have allowed him to support such mindless killings of human beings in the name of religion.

Tinubu, who spoke to journalists at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, at about 7pm, however, advised the Federal Government to find reasons behind the agitations of the radical group.

He said, “The allegation that I am sponsoring Boko Haram is a very serious allegation that is very malicious and damaging. It is a very serious rumour, I cannot be involved in such a heinous act, because I believe in the secularity of Nigeria, remember my wife is a deaconess, so, I cannot be involved in such evil act.

“I cannot be involved in sponsoring Boko Haram, I believe in the rule of law, in all the battles I have confronted, I know how I am committed to the rule of law, I always headed for the court. I am convinced that it is politically motivated, from those who have failed to deliver good governance to Nigeria. I believe this country must strive for freedom, liberty and the inalienable right of individuals.”

He added, “If you talk about Boko Haram, you cannot examine one side alone. Government must look at all the sides, and ask, what is the genesis of Boko Haram? How did it start?

“Government has to find the cause of the Boko Haram crisis by addressing all the anger in the society, and examine all grievances and engage leadership at all levels, in particular prominent leaders to find a way to appeal to the promoters of Boko Haram, and investigate the theory that Al-Qaeda infiltrated Boko Haram, and also examine ourselves again.”

Tinubu challenged the government to investigate the circumstances behind the “summary execution” of the former leader of Boko Haram leader.

He explained that if the root cause of the Boko Haram crisis was unravelled, more extremist groups could spring up which will become a difficult nut for the government to crack.

He said, “The leadership of Nigeria did not handle this matter properly from the beginning, Did it just spring like locust, it all started gradually , what happened to the leader of Boko Haram, that was arrested, handed over to the police, but he was summarily executed.”
Re: we APC Are Against People Of Independent Western Nigeria- Ahmed Magaji Tinubu by manck2: 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2014
grin angry shocked
Re: we APC Are Against People Of Independent Western Nigeria- Ahmed Magaji Tinubu by gists: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
Any your point is . . . ?
What has the bolded sentence got to do with the headline?
Oh I forgot, Tinubu - just like Awo is the nemesis and nightmare of some group of people.
Whatever happens to them, they attribute to tinubu/awo (even not being able to perform on the bed) grin grin grin grin
Re: we APC Are Against People Of Independent Western Nigeria- Ahmed Magaji Tinubu by manck2: 1:50am On Sep 20, 2014
sad shocked cool
Re: we APC Are Against People Of Independent Western Nigeria- Ahmed Magaji Tinubu by manck2: 2:00am On Sep 20, 2014
How the 5 major nigeria parties stand on the issue of Independent Western Nigeria

PDP = Is against the people of Independent Western Nigeria (support North/east relation)
APC = Is against the people of Independent Western Nigeria, (support North/west relation)
NCP = Support the people of Independent Western Nigeria but want independent east/north
Labour = want nigeria to continue without modification
AGPA = Support Biafra movement
Re: we APC Are Against People Of Independent Western Nigeria- Ahmed Magaji Tinubu by manck2: 3:05am On Sep 20, 2014
grin
Re: we APC Are Against People Of Independent Western Nigeria- Ahmed Magaji Tinubu by manck2: 5:16am On Sep 20, 2014
grin angry cool

(1) (Reply)

Stebel And Other Rivers Pdpembers On Nland / For Nigerian Troops, It’s A Week Of Massive Victory; Gains / Benega The Bimbo Is A Scammer!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.