Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,511 members, 7,801,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (405128 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Allwility: 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
Safety pays.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 1:46am On Aug 23, 2014
YES IT DOES PAY....By His grace this forth coming one wil be my first...the BILL was passed on May 29 2014(He gave his assent, and d bill was passed into law.even on this forum here someone once sent the copy)
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by agabusta: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2014
Greatken007: YES IT DOES PAY....By His grace this forth coming one wil be my first...the BILL was passed on May 29 2014(He gave his assent, and d bill was passed into law.even on this forum here someone once sent the copy)

Thanks. But what exactly is the name of this bill/ACT? I'm very interested. I did a search on National Assembly site for all the bills passed, but I didn't see anything like tht.

Enlighten us pls.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ottty(m): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
Greatken007: YES IT DOES PAY....By His grace this forth coming one wil be my first...the BILL was passed on May 29 2014(He gave his assent, and d bill was passed into law.even on this forum here someone once sent the copy)

Okay, I thought you've been there b4, its gonna be my first time too. Could u pls drop ur e-mail or mobile. Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by naworio: 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
jackjohnson, please could you give me details on how to get a safety job in Qatar.
I am a safety professional with over 8 years relevant experience. I have NEBOSH IGC, NEBOSH IOGC and other relevant safety trainings.
Thanks and hope to hear from you. My email is naworio@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 7:03am On Aug 25, 2014
nzekk1@yahoo.com.....All road lead to hotel presidential....This year conference will be a unique one...Issues concerning the act will be dealt with
ottty:

Okay, I thought you've been there b4, its gonna be my first time too. Could u pls drop ur e-mail or mobile. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Benedict44(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Novelle: 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATE TRAINING & EXAMINATION with an Accredited Center.

INTRODUCTION

This Health & Safety training is a level 6 safety qualification that provides an excellent foundation in Health and safety for managers and people starting out on a career in health and safety. The NEBOSH IGC course is relevant to all types of organizations as it helps the professional manage risks effectively. NEBOSH IGC is about the highest recognised qualification in the field of safety. It also ranks amongst the most reputable qualification for those working in the oil & gas sector. On successful completion of the course a professional will automatically be recognised as a Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).

Novelle Center is a accredited Center of NEBOSH. Accreditation number is 945.

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Managers, Supervisors, Technicians, Health Professionals, Environmental Professionals, Young Graduates in all disciplines, Consultants, Engineers, Oil and Gas workers, Workers in the production and manufacturing sectors

DATE 22nd September - 3rd October, 2014

DURATION: (8:30am – 5pm)

VENUE:
Port Harcourt: Novelle Center, Suite 21, Opus Plaza, 21 Afam Street D/line Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Contact - Mr Tony 08063450509)
Lagos: Novelle Center, 7 Olufumilola Okikiolu Street, Off Toyin Street, Ikeja Lagos (Contact Mr Faith - 08064842655)

COURSE FEES (Candidates can pay in 3 installments):
• N230,000/Participants to cover tuition, examination, British Council registration, course materials and resources, refreshment:

For Further Information visit:
www.novellecenter.com/
www.novellecenter.com/course/nebosh-course/
www.novellecenter.com/about-us/
www.novellecenter.com/training-calendar/
www.novellecenter.com/course/hsetraining/

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by prestige2013: 11:28am On Aug 29, 2014
Thanks for the kind gesture, please i will need the Nisp and Nebosh materials and any safety materials available. here is my email : adewunmi_jo@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by pearldrops(f): 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
I've just concluded the OSHA Academy online course and was issued/sent 7 certificates on the respective courses I took directly from OSHA. My question is ....how relevant or how recognised is OSHA certificates here in Nigeria.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by smart753: 5:20am On Sep 09, 2014
Hi all, thanks for your contributions abt HSE courses, am a biochemist and would like to go SHE way, could anybody advice me on SHE courses relevant to my field?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by amajato: 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
i am an msc holder in mathematics with nebosh IGC certificate still no job i am thinking of doing the nebosh diploma will i be sure to job a job after that? please i need your advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by eddie30(m): 5:52am On Sep 11, 2014
Novelle: NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATE TRAINING & EXAMINATION with an Accredited Center.

INTRODUCTION

This Health & Safety training is a level 6 safety qualification that provides an excellent foundation in Health and safety for managers and people starting out on a career in health and safety. The NEBOSH IGC course is relevant to all types of organizations as it helps the professional manage risks effectively. NEBOSH IGC is about the highest recognised qualification in the field of safety. It also ranks amongst the most reputable qualification for those working in the oil & gas sector. On successful completion of the course a professional will automatically be recognised as a Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).

Novelle Center is a accredited Center of NEBOSH. Accreditation number is 945.

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Managers, Supervisors, Technicians, Health Professionals, Environmental Professionals, Young Graduates in all disciplines, Consultants, Engineers, Oil and Gas workers, Workers in the production and manufacturing sectors

DATE 22nd September - 3rd October, 2014

DURATION: (8:30am – 5pm)

VENUE:
Port Harcourt: Novelle Center, Suite 21, Opus Plaza, 21 Afam Street D/line Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Contact - Mr Tony 08063450509)
Lagos: Novelle Center, 7 Olufumilola Okikiolu Street, Off Toyin Street, Ikeja Lagos (Contact Mr Faith - 08064842655)

COURSE FEES (Candidates can pay in 3 installments):
• N250,000/Participants to cover tuition, examination, British Council registration, course materials and resources, refreshment:

For Further Information visit:
www.novellecenter.com
guys, how credible is this novel center. Wanted to do HSE with them. Was wondering whether their HSE EXAMS is d international exams and whether they are recognize because they told me it's £73
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by eddie30(m): 5:54am On Sep 11, 2014
FibbA: Hello fellow professional...please kindly share these material with me.
reyhenry38@gmail.com
Remain blessed. smiley
interested too. My email is ecurrent4real@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Itodo2014(f): 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
Gudafternoon, I am interested in doing HSE course but we have this joint professional training and support international (jpts) body running HSE program here in Katsina. plz is this a good place to do my HSE training?They do HSE 1N2 @10K N 3 @ 11K.I really do need answers.thanks for ur corporation.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
To play safe pls go to any ISPON centre in Nigeria to do ur training.....i repeat it is d only one recognize by law..... NIBOsh might be hight bt it is more recognize than NIBOSH in Nigeria.... As i type HOneywell is also looking for an HSE officer....Dont just stop there; becoming a member is paramout
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by eddie30(m): 9:22am On Sep 12, 2014
Greatken007: To play safe pls go to any ISPON centre in Nigeria to do ur training.....i repeat it is d only one recognize by law..... NIBOsh might be hight bt it is more recognize than NIBOSH in Nigeria.... As i type HOneywell is also looking for an HSE officer....Dont just stop there; becoming a member is paramout
NIBOsh might be hight bt it is more recognize than NIBOSH in Nigeria?. I don't get you sir. NIBOsh and NIBOSH? Abeg correct am pls

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by onyenro(m): 9:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
Itodo2014: Gudafternoon, I am interested in doing HSE course but we have this joint professional training and support international (jpts) body running HSE program here in Katsina. plz is this a good place to do my HSE training?They do HSE 1N2 @10K N 3 @ 11K.I really do need answers.thanks for ur corporation.
go to ISPON. IT'S 25k not 10k. Google ISPON. it is the recognized body by law for safety. Going for level 3 soon.
Itodo2014: Gudafternoon, I am interested in doing HSE course but we have this joint professional training and support international (jpts) body running HSE program here in Katsina. plz is this a good place to do my HSE training?They do HSE 1N2 @10K N 3 @ 11K.I really do need answers.thanks for ur corporation.
go to ISPON. IT'S 25k not 10k. Google ISPON. it is the recognized body by law for safety. Going for level 3 soon.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 6:11am On Sep 13, 2014
I guess this forum is nt designed for ADVERT...
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by agabusta: 2:10am On Sep 14, 2014
Pls do we have any warehouse health and safety professionals in the house?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by EKPETI(m): 10:43am On Sep 15, 2014
Hello safety professionals,

I am frank from warri. I have done HSE 2&3 and looking forward to do NEBOSH next year.

Please, I need materials on NEBOSH. This is my email fekpeti@yaahoo.com.

Thanks!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
SAFETY IS PRACTICALLY ORIENTED AND NOT MATERIAL....,
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Allwility: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
GreatKken007 you are right on spot! Let's not turn this group into a beggars forum. It's so unprofessional.
My candid advice to new entrants is find an area of HSE you are interested in and build your career on it. And of course there are tons of materials at your disposal online. Just ask google.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Bankijey(m): 7:31am On Sep 18, 2014
hi house.... i just finished studying engineering and was wondering if it would be better to do General Hse or Hse level 2..... then can someone finish doing General HSE and move on to level 3?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
Bankijey: hi house.... i just finished studying engineering and was wondering if it would be better to do General Hse or Hse level 2..... then can someone finish doing General HSE and move on to level 3?
Level 1 and 2 is just to encourage pple to do safety bt d Norm is this..... General HSE first 35k and followed b HSE competence Level 3 which is 15k....after this two u can nw apply for membership.....
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by londoner: 3:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
It seems like there are quite a few safety professionals here.

I was wondering what is the name of the Nigerian safety body is. Does anyone know?
Also, how active are they beyon certification and training? Do they have inspectors and investigative officers?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ottty(m): 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
londoner: It seems like there are quite a few safety professionals here.

I was wondering what is the name of the Nigerian safety body is. Does anyone know?
Also, how active are they beyon certification and training? Do they have inspectors and investigative officers?

[color=#006600][/color]
Institute of safety professionals of Nigeria is the name http://www.nispnigeria.org/. As for being active, we're observing since its just recently that the ISPON bill was passed
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by agabusta: 3:34am On Sep 26, 2014
Senate criminalises corporate manslaughter

HE Senate, on Tuesday, criminalised corporate manslaughter by passing the bill seeking to prescribe punishment for the offence.

The senators, after an exhaustive deliberations on “ Bill for an Act to create the offence for

corporate manslaughter and for matters incidental thereto, 2013, passed the bill into law.

Under the proposed law, it would be an offence for any corporation or group of individuals be convicted of manslaughter of accessory after the fact if the offence.

Offenders are to be sentenced to jail term of seven years and fines not less than N1 million.

The senate Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters, headed by Senator Umaru Dahiru, had worked on the bill after it was submitted by the late Senator Pius Ewherido, who died in June 2013.

The bill indicates that any corporate organisation guilty of corporate manslaughter shall be held liable for their acts of negligence, dereliction of duty or gross incompetence, which causes the death of a person and

punish acts of sabotage against employers or employees.

If the bill is assented to by the president, anyone convicted of accessory to corporate manslaughter would be liable on conviction to a term of not less than three years imprisonment, with an option of not less than N500, 000.

The bill read in part: “Notwithstanding the culpability of an organisation, corporation or agency, any person or group of persons, who either jointly or severally in the course of carrying out a legitimate duty, performs same

negligently or defaults to perform same, thereby causing the death of a person or directly leading to the occurrence of an event causing the death of a person, shall be guilty of the offence of accessory to corporate manslaughter.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/16857-senate-criminalises-corporate-manslaughter/16857-senate-criminalises-corporate-manslaughter

Well, we seem to be getting there day by day.

2 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by londoner: 10:13am On Sep 26, 2014
ottty: [color=#006600][/color]
Institute of safety professionals of Nigeria is the name http://www.nispnigeria.org/. As for being active, we're observing since its just recently that the ISPON bill was passed

Thank you for the information.At least we are making steps in the right direction.

I'm currently studying towards my NEBOSH qualification and have the Australian equivalent already. I would actually like to work Nigeria soon. My interest is in construction (residential and commercial) and infrastructure (roads and bridges etc).

I may contact ISPON directly for more advice.

A robust regulatory authority is a must, with all the construction and other high risk sectors in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.