Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:39 AM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (403061 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by segbas(m): 5:44am On Jan 26, 2015
Both Career is a good career depending on your set goal, I studied Public Administration, I worked in Banking sector with it and I have diversified to HSE, and now building my career on it. The ball is in your court, you know where you have most opportunity in life....

Ababadada:
House please I need help. Am a chemistry graduates and I want to go for postgraduate diploma study for Environmental management or Public Administration. Am confuse, I Don't know which one to choose from. My cousin advised me to choose Public Administration for very wide careers level.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by miken22: 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
segbas:
You are taking a good step, presently NEBOSH Certificate is the least requirement in most West Africans countries and Mid-East for HSE job, tey and join many forums and learn much about safety.
Oil and Gas pays well and they value Safety compare to construction. I have worked in both and I know the difference. I also diversified from Banking to HSE in 2008. Since then, I have been enjoying it day-by-day, IS A WAY OF LIFE.

My borther, Go For It...........

Thank you Sir.
Please which certification body do you recommend and why? I will appreciate ur advice as you have been on dis since 2008.
So after NEBOSH wat next?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by segbas(m): 11:12am On Jan 28, 2015
Start with OSHA to build yourself up and then go for NEBOSH IGC or Oil&Gas depending on your field. Then when you enter fully you will know about other certifications and awards to go for.

miken22:

Thank you Sir.
Please which certification body do you recommend and why? I will appreciate ur advice as you have been on dis since 2008.
So after NEBOSH wat next?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by miken22: 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2015
segbas:
Start with OSHA to build yourself up and then go for NEBOSH IGC or Oil&Gas depending on your field. Then when you enter fully you will know about other certifications and awards to go for.

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ultrazone(m): 10:57am On Jan 29, 2015
skiduski:
@ Brainwave
I have sent the materials as promised.
I also sent it to all those that i have their e-mail addy that requested for the NEBOSH materials so please check your inbox
Please, I need the materials too. eazyguy206@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ultrazone(m): 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
pinc:
I also have OSHA Professional Cert
Please where did you have your OSHA Professional training?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by hisable2: 11:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
pls am a recent graduate of Chem Engr, i wil like to enrol on generale HSE with ISPON. i heard it is 5days training which runs frm morning till evening. but i want to ask those in the house who has done d training if it can be done during d weekends or evening for people that are working. ur reply wil be appreciated.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ehin(f): 11:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
Can one run hse with school cert if yes what the probs of getting a job with it
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by moonlight8789: 9:10am On Jan 30, 2015
Hello Everyone!
I studied Electrical&Electronics Engineering and I wish to start a career in HSE.I have read about HSE LEVEL 1 (CIEH,UK),HSE LEVEL 2 (CIEH,UK),HSE LEVEL 3 (CIEH,UK) and NEBOSH IGC.Pls I will appreciate your advice and guidance on where to start and accredited centre in Nigeria.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by cyif2003(m): 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
hisable2:
pls am a recent graduate of Chem Engr, i wil like to enrol on generale HSE with ISPON. i heard it is 5days training which runs frm morning till evening. but i want to ask those in the house who has done d training if it can be done during d weekends or evening for people that are working. ur reply wil be appreciated.
yes there are weekend classes
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by eddy4matrix: 10:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
oluwarphemmy:
I have a BScs in geology and MSc in applied geophysics, with hse professional certificate in NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATE and NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE IN OIL AND GAS......wud this be worth while in job placement? thanks house.

Hello house, I have being doing my hse training with oshatrain.org. my question is do i still need to take hse level 2 &3 from NSIP. I look forward to your prompt response
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by eddy4matrix: 10:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
Hello house, I have being doing my hse training with oshatrain.org. my question is do i still need to take hse level 2 &3 from NSIP. I look forward to your prompt response
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by segbas(m): 6:11am On Jan 31, 2015
That is for Nigeria. You can do it, it make you a registered member I think.

eddy4matrix:
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ashioba: 9:17pm On Jan 31, 2015
Pls is Safeguard Resources Technologies a Nebosh trainiing centre, if yes how good is it. Thanks for ur response
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by pinc: 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
please i need nebosh diploma materials urgently.anyone with the materials should kindly help me with it. my email is pincypon@yahoo.com.
thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Novelle: 10:15pm On Jan 31, 2015
Give a boost to your career with the NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATE TRAINING & EXAMINATION with an Accredited center (945)

This Health & Safety training is a level 6 safety qualification that provides an excellent foundation in Health and safety for managers and people starting out on a career in health and safety. The NEBOSH IGC course is relevant to all types of organizations as it helps the professional manage risks effectively. NEBOSH IGC is about the highest recognised qualification in the field of safety. It also ranks amongst the most reputable qualification for those working in the oil & gas sector. On successful completion of the course a professional will automatically be recognised as a Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).

Novelle center is a NEBOSH accredited center in Nigeria. Accreditation number is 945. We offer you the best chances at success. We have a history of the highest distinction recorded by our students during our exams.

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?Managers, Supervisors, Technicians, Health Professionals, Environmental Professionals, Young Graduates in all disciplines, Consultants, Engineers, Oil and Gas workers, Workers in the production and manufacturing sectors

DATE: 09th - 20th March 2015

DURATION: 8:30am – 5pm daily

VENUE: Port Harcourt: Novelle Center, Suite 21, Opus Plaza, 21 Afam Street D/line Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Contact - Mr Tony 08063450509)

Lagos: Novelle center, 7 Olufumilola Okikiolu Street, Off Toyin Street, Ikeja Lagos (Contact Mr Faith - 08064842655)

Course and Exam fee is N250,000. Candidates can pay in 3 installments. This fee covers the training, examination, British Council registration, course materials and refreshment.

We give you licensed NEBOSH past questions and answers when you enrol.

For more details visit www.novellecenter.com/
www.novellecenter.com/course/nebosh-course/
www.novellecenter.com/about-us/
www.novellecenter.com/training-calendar/
www.novellecenter.com/course/hsetraining/

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Jayroland: 10:11am On Feb 02, 2015
ashioba:
Pls is Safeguard Resources Technologies a Nebosh trainiing centre, if yes how good is it. Thanks for ur response

Yes, and there are VERY GOOD. I did mine with them and made a DISTINCTION. Their customer relation is so superb. You should try them too.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ashioba: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm a lawyer by training but wish to divert into safety for a faster and better job, pls which safety course should I start with? Thanks for your candid advice and God bless.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by macjireh: 4:42am On Feb 04, 2015
ashioba:
Hello everyone, I'm a lawyer by training but wish to divert into safety for a faster and better job, pls which safety course should I start with? Thanks for your candid advice and God bless.

Start with General HSE and also HSE3. Go to ISPON and get d certification
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by SAFEGUARD: 4:48am On Feb 04, 2015
HSE is a Way of life

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Ejb061286(m): 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2015
ashioba:
I'm planning to write NEBOSH IGC, can anybodY kindly help me with the necessary study materials including past questions paper. My email address: godblessosy@yahoo.com. Thanks and God bless you greatly
'm just in your shoe. Let's exchange bro...My email: jekpenyongbassi@gmail.com
Anybody help pls.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by biggestbravo(m): 11:47pm On Feb 09, 2015
Please, can somebody tell me the cost of doing the HSE 1, 2 & 3 course?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by macjireh: 8:35am On Feb 10, 2015
biggestbravo:
Please, can somebody tell me the cost of doing the HSE 1, 2 & 3 course?

general HSE (1&2)- #45500
HSE 3-#25500
Go to ISPON office and get it done there
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kevinoh: 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hello dear HSE professionals
I have done my nebosh IGC since last year and up till now I am yet to get my first safety job. It has been very challenging especially after spending quite much to get the training as most of the adverts I see require experienced personnels in the oil and gas industry. I studied Mechanical Engineering and reside in PH.

Pls any advice on how to secure my first safety job would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by agabusta: 9:36am On Feb 11, 2015
Kevinoh:
Hello dear HSE professionals
I have done my nebosh IGC since last year and up till now I am yet to get my first safety job. It has been very challenging especially after spending quite much to get the training as most of the adverts I see require experienced personnels in the oil and gas industry. I studied Mechanical Engineering and reside in PH.

Pls any advice on how to secure my first safety job would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Try and look for a place to get internship offer. Even if it is without pay. Or just go to a place to offer your free service, either a construction site, factory, or what have you. It is quite challenging to break into the HSE field without experience.

And please let everyone in the house try and create awareness and request that the President assent the Occupational, Health and Safety bill and thus passing it into law. This will go a long a way in opening up the HSE field and create the much needed employment.

PLS EVERYONE, IN YOUR OWN AREA OF INFLUENCE LETS SING THE SONG AND RAISE OUR VOICES THAT PRESIDENT JONATHAN SHOULD PASS THE OHS BILL INTO LAW!!!

If the current National Assembly completes their term and the bill is not assented by the president, the next house will start work afresh on the bill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Allwility: 1:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
@agabusta
The Labour, Safety, Health and Welfare bill will promote occupational health and safety in Nigeria. It's long been overdue. One wonders why the president hasn't signed the bill since it was passed in 2012.
I'm thrilled by the bill because it touched areas the Factory Act didn't cover. However, I still feel enforcement will be a major problem because of corruption in the system.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by agabusta: 2:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
Allwility:
@agabusta
The Labour, Safety, Health and Welfare bill will promote occupational health and safety in Nigeria. It's long been overdue. One wonders why the president hasn't signed the bill since it was passed in 2012.
I'm thrilled by the bill because it touched areas the Factory Act didn't cover. However, I still feel enforcement will be a major problem because of corruption in the system.

You are right. Enforcement is a very important part of regulating. But no matter the corruption in the system, they will still be able to get the companies to show some consideration for safety as against what obtains now.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by yetundefadeyi(f): 10:25am On Feb 13, 2015
Hello FRIENDS,
WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT?
A JOB OR A CAREER

DO NEBOSH IGC TODAY!
Atlantic Solutions Limited is offering the REAL NEBOSH Level 3 International General Certificate for #230,000 including fantastic lunch and refreshments. The first five people from this platform to register gets NEBOSH for #200,000
THIS IS REAL NEBOSH with very comprehensive trainings and practicals leaving you at the end of the course an expert and not a quack.
Guaranteed 99.9% pass, no REPEAT.

This is an opportunity that should not be traded! TELL your friend to tell their friends' friend about it! Paint a future or help someone paint a FUTURE. Hurry while it lasts till the end of the month! Grab the opportunity with both hands! you can also pay instal mentally. Classes start on the 16th–27th Mar., 2015.

Call or text 08182020857 for more details.
BBM: 534A1F42
info@atlanticsolutions-nl.com
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Managers, supervisors, graduates both employed and unemployed, students and individuals giving them the skills and know-how to fulfill their health and safety responsibilities in any country and in any kind of organization. Also suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety.

.....I do not want a job, I want a career
Safety is priceless, training is key.

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by 0806436bnj(m): 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hi my friends, i rounded up my HSE 1$ 2, 3. this December @ MILLENNIUM TRAINING ACQUISITION LIMITED , any connection
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Amhappy(f): 1:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
@ Novelle when is your NEBOSH PH training holding for the month of May/June? I am planing towards any of those two months
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Novelle: 12:32am On Feb 28, 2015
Amhappy:
@ Novelle when is your NEBOSH PH training holding for the month of May/June? I am planing towards any of those two months

The NEBOSH IGC Training for May Session will run from the 25th of May - 5th of June.

To view more details: click here to see our training calendar www.novellecenter.com

Thank you for your enquiry.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Novelle: 12:34am On Feb 28, 2015
Give a boost to your career with the NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATE TRAINING & EXAMINATION with an Accredited center (945)

This Health & Safety training is a level 6 safety qualification that provides an excellent foundation in Health and safety for managers and people starting out on a career in health and safety. The NEBOSH IGC course is relevant to all types of organizations as it helps the professional manage risks effectively. NEBOSH IGC is about the highest recognised qualification in the field of safety. It also ranks amongst the most reputable qualification for those working in the oil & gas sector. On successful completion of the course a professional will automatically be recognised as a Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).

Novelle center is a NEBOSH accredited center in Nigeria. Accreditation number is 945. We offer you the best chances at success. We have a history of the highest distinction recorded by our students during our exams.

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?Managers, Supervisors, Technicians, Health Professionals, Environmental Professionals, Young Graduates in all disciplines, Consultants, Engineers, Oil and Gas workers, Workers in the production and manufacturing sectors

DATE: 20th - 30th of April 2015 for both Lagos and Port Harcourt centers.

DURATION: 8:30am – 5pm daily

VENUE: Port Harcourt: Novelle Center, Suite 21, Opus Plaza, 21 Afam Street D/line Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Contact - Mr Tony 08063450509)

Lagos: Novelle center, 7 Olufumilola Okikiolu Street, Off Toyin Street, Ikeja Lagos (Contact Mr Faith - 08064842655)

Course and Exam fee is N230,000. Candidates can pay in 3 installments. This fee covers the training, examination, British Council registration, course materials and refreshment:

Visit: www.novellecenter.com/
www.novellecenter.com/course/nebosh-course/
www.novellecenter.com/about-us/
www.novellecenter.com/training-calendar/
www.novellecenter.com/course/hsetraining/

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.