Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,378 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (405041 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by qubie(m): 5:33am On Jul 28, 2015
@diehard, i'll love to have some materials too. Clickonqubie@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by collele(m): 8:50am On Jul 28, 2015
collele:
Halo house..I am a 24years old graduate of Microbiology(second class upper division).. I just completed my GHSE and HSE Level 3 (supervisor) with ISPON in Warri...I also did A QAQC certification course with JPTS....I am looking for a place where I can work as a GRADUATE TRAINEE....I don't actually mind the the pay so long it can cover my accommodation,transportation and feeding.....All I want is to add value to myself by gaining experience and professional growth...Anyone with useful information should please contact me on or collinsgabriel590@yahoo.com.. Thank you...

Senior colleagues please help a brother in need.......
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 11:56am On Jul 28, 2015
misterkay:
Please house, I need y'all assistance. What is the salary range for Graduate Safety Officers like?
Depends on the organization and how serious it takes safety. Some organization just have safety officers as wall paper its not like they are committed to safety such organization may pay 60k to graduate safety officer.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
Explosion in jos water treatment plant and explosion in golden penny plant both fatal accidents. The water treatment plant had workers inhale chlorine gas as a result of the explosion leading to 14 fatalities, The Golden penny plant had the boiler explode killing the man at work. There is lots of work to be done by safety professionals in Nigeria.

As a safety professional your first call is to serve humanity by saving lives. Accidents like these are as a result of poor safety monitoring and enforcement and unfortunately its hardworking Nigerians that have to pay the ultimate price because of negligence from both employers and the government.

I hope government and other authorized institutions would investigate the accidents to ascertain the course and also fine or close down both companies for the mean time until they are certified safety compliant. I just hope its feasible in Nigeria.

Safety professionals there is work to be done and the earlier the better we start making our voices heard the better.

Lastly, all accidents are preventable. If you think safety is expensive the try accident.

nairaland.com/2483097/worker-dies-explosion-rocks-golden
thisdaylive.com/articles/14-dead-scores-injured-as-chlorine-gas-explodes-in-jos/215656/

4 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by misterkay(m): 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
zeongeon:
Depends on the organization and how serious it takes safety. Some organization just have safety officers as wall paper its not like they are committed to safety such organization may pay 60k to graduate safety officer.

Thanks, bro. What about those that take HSE seriously?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
misterkay:

Thanks, bro. What about those that take HSE seriously?
depending on the coy 150-300k
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by collele(m): 11:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
zeongeon:

Pls help a brother in need....
I you...

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:32am On Jul 29, 2015
E b like say una don confuse me finish. Going to start my OSHA course next month (Elak firm in Abuja) but from what I'm getting here, seems the certificate is only limited to the USA. Please is that true?

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by devonpaul(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
Yampotatocarrot:
E b like say una don confuse me finish. Going to start my OSHA course next month (Elak firm in Abuja) but from what I'm getting here, seems the certificate is only limited to the USA. Please is that true?
Yes tru to some extent, but any certification course and a registered professional membership(nigeria) will cut it for you but the most important in d safety industry to get a job as a starter is your experience. securing a safety job without experience is a thread in d needle eye task. very difficult but how do u get the experience knowing fully well u are a starter in d game I dont know man.. i;ll suggest u get a volunteer job, maybe
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by gracealabs(f): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
HSE CERTIFICATE TRAINING IN IBADAN

1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Gozychuks(m): 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
Who knows about lean six sigma and its relavance to safety professionals.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ernesterioo(f): 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
Brother please help me with the material, my email is ernest.kelvin26@gmail.com
staggerman:
I have materials for NEBOSH IGC AND IOGC.
I'm also available to help with revisions for NEBOSH exams.

Feel free to throw your Nebosh questions. I will also bring questions here.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
Gozychuks:
Who knows about lean six sigma and its relavance to safety professionals.
Lean six sigma is more of like reducing processes while assuring quality at same time. Health and safety is also a product of lean six sigma..as lean six sigma puts safety into consideration so as to ensure safe process run.

Without safety you may not achieve lean six sigma..if your into process safety,production or you just want to cut out excesses then lean six sigma would go a longway..Lean six sigma is a management system on its own.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Gozychuks(m): 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
zeongeon:
Lean six sigma is more of like reducing processes while assuring quality at same time. Health and safety is also a product of lean six sigma..as lean six sigma puts safety into consideration so as to ensure safe process run.

Without safety you may not achieve lean six sigma..if your into process safety,production or you just want to cut out excesses then lean six sigma would go a longway..Lean six sigma is a management system on its own.

How does lean six sigma certification let's say green belt boost the career of an aspiring she professional. Of what importance/relevance is the certification in the industry. Cos I am thinking of acquiring it. What will a combination of safety and lean six sigma certification do for u
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
Gozychuks:

How does lean six sigma certification let's say green belt boost the career of an aspiring she professional. Of what importance/relevance is the certification in the industry. Cos I am thinking of acquiring it. What will a combination of safety and lean six sigma certification do for u
It will go a long way if you are going to be involved in projects as a safety professional.. You will be able to implement lean six sigma in projects and with your knowledge of safety ensure that all necessary safety standards ad requirements are put in place..
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Gozychuks(m): 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
Okay thanks
zeongeon:
It will go a long way if you are going to be involved in projects as a safety professional.. You will be able to implement lean six sigma in projects and with your knowledge of safety ensure that all necessary safety standards ad requirements are put in place..
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Allwility: 8:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
misterkay:
Please house, I need y'all assistance. What is the salary range for Graduate Safety Officers like?

^^ It depends on the industry.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Allwility: 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
I was reading through a thread and thought to share this. HSE people we need to wake up! Please my fellow safety officers how can we have a proper safety enforcing body in Nigeria?

debbie:
While I condole with the family of the dead man. I strongly kick against the unsafe acts and industrial practices in Nigeria. When the body to check all such things go about from one company to the other collecting money and gift items. In my first place of work a moulding machine kills a boy and to top it all another chiller pieced the fingers of the technician. We work without safety boots,helment or gloves......we were told that safety agency where coming for inspection,only for me to see them sitted in the canteen chatting with the managers. The never entered the production sites.
I resigned because of lack of safety precautions.
There is even no insurance cover neither is there any law that is active to purnish any company that engages in things like this.
What we have here is slavery.........all thanks to lack of job.
To be sincere,our problem in nigeria is too much to only be corruption. The system is bastardized by us .
https://www.nairaland.com/2483097/worker-dies-explosion-rocks-golden#36348972

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by collele(m): 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2015
collele:

I am a 24years old graduate of Microbiology
(second class upper division).. I just completed my GHSE and
HSE Level 3 (competency) with ISPON in Warri...I also did A
QAQC certification course with JPTS....I am looking for a
place where I can work as a GRADUATE TRAINEE....I don't
actually mind the the pay so long it can cover my
accommodation,transportation and feeding.....All I want is to
add value to myself by gaining experience and professional
growth...Anyone with useful information should please
contact me on 080602 or
collinsgabriel590@yahoo.com.. Thank you...
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by joelreg(m): 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
omah1:

thanks, I appreciate.

pls i need the material also
bigexploit@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by SAFEGUARD: 7:06am On Aug 08, 2015

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by collele(m): 11:04am On Aug 09, 2015
[quote author=collele post=36707744][/quote]
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by collele(m): 11:05am On Aug 09, 2015
collele:

I am a 24years old graduate of Microbiology
(second class upper division).. I just completed my GHSE and
HSE Level 3 (competency) with ISPON in Warri...I also did A
QAQC certification course with JPTS....I am looking for a
place where I can work as a GRADUATE TRAINEE....I don't
actually mind the the pay so long it can cover my
accommodation,transportation and feeding.....All I want is to
add value to myself by gaining experience and professional
growth...Anyone with useful information should please
contact me on 0806062 or
collinsgabriel590@yahoo.com.. Thank you...
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
Kindly help with Health and safety officer opening.

Bsc, Hse(level 3), Nebosh IGC(1,2 and 3). Whith 2+ years experience as a safety office. Thanks. Folajnrs@yahoo.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Loisahiaks: 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hi all, I found this trend while surfing the internet for jobs.
I have a BSc in Human Physiology and an MSc in Environmental Health. I've got HSE and NEBOSH qualifications and now seriously in need of a job in either the Environmental or Safety sectors.
Please, kindly help with job openings. Thank you. koslah@yahoo.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Consultville(m): 12:54am On Aug 11, 2015
staggerman:

tolu_oguntade@yahoo.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by jayyy: 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
I'm a graduate of materials and metallurgical engineering. I've done the HSE courses up to level 3 and I'm currently looking for a safety supervisory job (voluntary) to do here in asaba to gain the experience.... pls anyone who can help out should reach me through my email address; jayyyeee1@gmail.com . thanks...
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by collele(m): 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
[quote author=collele post=36766959][/quote]
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by collele(m): 10:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
[quote author=kelechiv post=36775766]Pls help a brother in need.... I am a 24years old graduate of Microbiology (second class upper division).. I just completed my GHSE and HSE Level 3 (competency) with ISPON in Warri...I also did A QAQC certification course with JPTS....I am looking for a place where I can work as a GRADUATE TRAINEE....I don't actually mind the the pay so long it can cover my accommodation,transportation and feeding.....All I want is to add value to myself by gaining experience and professional growth...Anyone with useful information should please contact me on

Why are u copying my post? Please desist from doing such...#peace
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 20, 2015
staggerman:

Hello Bro,
I trust you're doing great?

Please, I need a sample (or samples of) GC3 (the practical) report. Do you have any?

Please forward to
Email: grammarnazi10@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Brown1759: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
Safety First

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.