Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (405651 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Jusome: 5:53am On Nov 21, 2016
hello house i love this forum pls i need to be directed and adviced, am a graduate of physics with 10years experience in Fire Fighting, i want to explore in safety proffession, will HSE with NISP be a good start because all safety officer job all i see must be certify so whch level HSE will i do... NEBOSH is.in my heart but i want to start somewhere
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 9:07am On Nov 21, 2016
Jusome:
hello house i love this forum pls i need to be directed and adviced, am a graduate of physics with 10years experience in Fire Fighting, i want to explore in safety proffession, will HSE with NISP be a good start because all safety officer job all i see must be certify so whch level HSE will i do... NEBOSH is.in my heart but i want to start somewhere
Your already in the line of HSE since you have been into fire fighting. I guess its career development you want now that's why you opting to do certifications.

I will advice you start with ISPON which use to be NISP because ISPON has been signed into law and in time to come you will be having Nigerian organization asking for ISPON certificates as a requirement and also you may not be able to practice or work as a HSE professional without getting certified by ISPON. ISPON is a good place to start from.

Since you have got fire fighting experience and if your willing to continue in the fire safety line then you can go for Nebosh certificate in fire safety. If you don't want to streamline your self to just fire safety then you can go for Nebosh IGC, IOSH or OSHA courses, IMS certs.

Have in mind that HSE is very broad and requires continuous professional development if you really want to enjoy yourself.

I will advice you take your first step by doing ISPON courses then whilst doing ISPON you can research and ask questions to help with your next line of action.

Hope my advise has done justice to your questions.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Jusome: 10:03am On Nov 21, 2016
zeongeon:
Your already in the line of HSE since you have been into fire fighting. I guess its career development you want now that's why you opting to do certifications.

I will advice you start with ISPON which use to be NISP because ISPON has been signed into law and in time to come you will be having Nigerian organization asking for ISPON certificates as a requirement and also you may not be able to practice or work as a HSE professional without getting certified by ISPON. ISPON is a good place to start from.

Since you have got fire fighting experience and if your willing to continue in the fire safety line then you can go for Nebosh certificate in fire safety. If you don't want to streamline your self to just fire safety then you can go for Nebosh IGC, IOSH or OSHA courses, IMS certs.

Have in mind that HSE is very broad and requires continuous professional development if you really want to enjoy yourself.

I will advice you take your first step by doing ISPON courses then whilst doing ISPON you can research and ask questions to help with your next line of action.

Hope my advise has done justice to your questions.

All the best.

best Advice of the year 2016 thanx alot
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Allwility: 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
Jusome:

In addition to what zeongeon has said, I'd recommend you go for firefighting training in line with the oil and gas industry. In Nigeria, there are OPITO recognized course providers that conduct such training. I'd also recommend you do Confined Space Entry, Confined Space Rescue, H2S Alive, Work at height rescue training, Fall protection and Authorized Gas Tester training.

All the best!!

2 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Tendencyjj: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
please I will be glad to have the material. Thanks and may God bless u.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Tendencyjj: 5:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
please I will be glad to have the material. jidejoseph5050@gmail.com Thanks and may God bless u.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by femzey(m): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
please house I need HSE or any engineering job,I have HND mechanical engineering upper credit HSE level 3 from ispon and also a graduate member fire protection association of Nigeria
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by aamstih: 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hello,

Anybody in Awka for the AGM?

Would love to meet a colleague from here.

Quote me or send a pm.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 7:12am On Nov 25, 2016
ISPON
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by aamstih: 9:59am On Nov 25, 2016
Lolzzz.... Oga, blazers full everywhere na...

As na una de host, how matterz go be after conference?...

Greatken007:
I presently in Awka at the ISPON Conference/AGM ,in fact my branch is hosting the on going Conference.I was the one on brown blazer attending to participants who were collecting their name TAGs yesterday
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 11:20am On Nov 25, 2016
That is the only way to describe that, collection of name tag was carried out by only two persons,
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by aamstih: 12:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
Kindly pm me bro.... I can't pm from my ends.

Cheers

Greatken007:
That is the only way to describe that, collection of name tag was carried out by only two persons,
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Blanc8(m): 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2016
I believe this question has been asked before...

I am about going for HSE certification ... But i don't know which to go with..

Am in a fix between Novelle and Ispon.. Guys please help me out here

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by jpmorgan003: 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
Blanc8:
I believe this question has been asked before...

I am about going for HSE certification ... But i don't know which to go with..

Am in a fix between Novelle and Ispon.. Guys please help me out here
Ispon all d way.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Blanc8(m): 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2016
Thanks boss..

ish is really more expensive tho.. HSE 1*2*3 cumulative total of 90..
While novelle on the contrary, is 40k for five certificate including one from department of petroleum resources.. And installmental payment acceptable... Also.. The certs are from UK which are usually more regarded compare to our Nigeria acquired results

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by slurryeye: 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2016
I'm really glad safety is making headways in Nigeria. With time there will be more jobs in the field when government pass more stringent occupational health and safety laws. Just 2 cent for people new into the field, try get valuable work experience, and do international recognized certification like Nebosh, Iosh or OSHA. Job experience is quite important in safety, you cannot advice someone on how to work safely if you don't have a clue of what they are doing. Experience doesn't has to be with a big companies. for start, you can start with building project close to your house paid or unpaid. Do site inspection, hazard assessment, risk management and control. Once you have that in your portfolio, then you can apply to big companies for a better paying jobs. You surely need professional certification in safety, if Nebosh is too expensive for you, you can start with Iosh working safely introductory course. Then join the safety practitioner institute in Nigeria
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Rhyah(f): 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2016
I intend doing the General HSE and HSE 3 with ISPON. Am currently in Ibadan... Please, who has info concerning their training schedules for ISPON Ibadan? I'd love to get some study materials too. Please, who can help with that?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 6:26am On Nov 27, 2016
No 16 Adebiyi street off(Mobil bus stop) Ring Road,opposite Joyce B plaza,Ibadan,Oyo state ,that is ISPON Secretariat ,try locate them and get the training schedule from them.If you have the cash you can still meet up.(Hint:Oyo December schedule)...General HSE :5th -9th(45k),Level 3HSE:12th -15th(25k)
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Rhyah(f): 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
Greatken007:
No 16 Adebiyi street off(Mobil bus stop) Ring Road,opposite Joyce B plaza,Ibadan,Oyo state ,that is ISPON Secretariat ,try locate them and get the training schedule from them.If you have the cash you can still meet up.(Hint:Oyo December schedule)...General HSE :5th -9th(45k),Level 3HSE:12th -15th(25k)
Thank you. I'll visit the secretariat to get more details.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
I was at the just concluded national safety conference and AGM. it was a good one learnt a lot from the lectures.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Sunbeam20(f): 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
Am a graduate of biochemistry, what aspect of HSE will be good for me to venture into?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by dbshaywhy(m): 11:57am On Dec 05, 2016
Hi aos, am a current Corp member still in d orientation camp n a SKYLIGHT GLOBAL TECH LTD was introduced to us which offer professional course in HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT (HSE). What do the aos think, am I safe to be with them in terms of certificate recognition?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by adefat(m): 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
l have comprehensive qualification HSE,is an interesting and important qualification. 08053039367
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
dbshaywhy:
Hi aos, am a current Corp member still in d orientation camp n a SKYLIGHT GLOBAL TECH LTD was introduced to us which offer professional course in HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT (HSE). What do the aos think, am I safe to be with them in terms of certificate recognition?

The question is, how certified are they? I mean the company introduced to you?

Personally, in Nigeria I recommend you please start with NISP/ISPON. It is the best place to start.

There are a lot of these training companies offering levels 1, 2 and 3 HSE Appreciation courses. But to give yours some sound legal backing, start with NISP/ISPON. I am not aware if NISP/ISPON has started licensing training schools/academies. Secondly, we do not know what licenses this trainer has.

You are safer to start with NISP as ISPON /NISP is backed by Law in Nigeria. In the event that you are not chanced to attend ISPON/NISP organised classes and you want to still get informed about the HSE Profession with this course in camp, then why not. No training/knowledge is wasted. That is if it is affordable to you. I want believe they would have tailored their course outline to suit Basic HSE Levels 1,2,3. The reason why I call HSE Training Levels 1, 2, 3 ''Basic'' is a long story.

So if you can afford it and you are very interested and do not want to miss the opportunity or waste time in Camp, then why not. When you are out from camp and sent to your PPA, you can register for ISPON/NISP and do that too.

Good luck.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sunbeam20:
Am a graduate of biochemistry, what aspect of HSE will be good for me to venture into?

Generally the areas of

- Environmental Management e.g. EIAs, EERs, etc

- Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene e.g. Studies like HFE, HACCP, etc.

You will do well to start with the general HSE Courses.

Then delve into advanced and more specialized courses to acquire practical problem solving skills in your area of interest. AT THIS LEVEL, FOCUS MORE ON APPLIED COURSES. Courses that will give you practical skills you can apply to solve current challenges in your area of interests.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
Blanc8:
Thanks boss..

ish is really more expensive tho.. HSE 1*2*3 cumulative total of 90..
While novelle on the contrary, is 40k for five certificate including one from department of petroleum resources.. And installmental payment acceptable... Also.. The certs are from UK which are usually more regarded compare to our Nigeria acquired results

The DPR has only licensed the company as one which offers training services to the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. Note, the DPR does not -YET-regulate the contents of these courses and training schools/academies. There are other many training service providers in the oil and gas industry also licensed by the DPR.

As you may be aware, the Petroleum Laws in Nigeria stipulates that FOR ANY SERVICE to be offered in the oil and gas industry IN NIGERIA-Including Training and Manpower Development, the service provider MUST BE licensed by the DPR in the appropriate License Class/Category.

I am saying this so that people do not assume the DPR is giving them the certificate. Or that they have undergone a training by DPR.

Now what Blanc8 has said about NOVELLE HSE 1, 2, 3 is true. These courses are accredited by the British International Safety Organisation-BISO. Besides, it is a cheaper and more flexible package. Novelle is also endorsed by ISPON/NISP.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
Rhyah:
I intend doing the General HSE and HSE 3 with ISPON. Am currently in Ibadan... Please, who has info concerning their training schedules for ISPON Ibadan? I'd love to get some study materials too. Please, who can help with that?

The year is ending and the program will soon also end for 2016.

If you have time and if you feel patience will serve you well, then wait for the 2017 Program.

If you are in a Hurry and must get it done by December, then go through this link to get the Oyo State Chapter Training Program for 2016.

[url]http://www.isponnigeria.org/images/OYO%202016.pdf[/url]

You can then pick the appropriate courses and dates.

Good luck.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Oyecute(m): 6:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
Rhyah:
the training for december will start on the 12th for GHSE and 19th for level3.....i will be participating as well. Will make payment this week.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by neyosea25(m): 7:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
SlimCupid:
hi there.first off,two thumbs up for all the free info u guys are giving to people taking their first tentative steps like us.i recently completed d nebosh igc qualification (with novelle,incidentally),and I'd like to acquire more HSE-related skills as I understand from previous posts that the IGC is not the be all and end all.which way is the absolute best way to go?I'm considering IRCA's OHSAS 18001.Thing though is I'm still in the stage of self development,and apart from a 6-month internship at Shell,not much in the way of work experience.If it counts for anything,i've got a BSc,Applied Geophysics, doing a masters in geoinformatics.Would u recommend OHSAS 18001(or 45001)for someone like me?Your thoughts'd be highly appreciated. CC OmaniPadmeHum Allwility
Please, help me out. The MSc in Geoinformatics in view- is it professional or by course work? Because I made a bit of research and I discovered that most Nigerian Universities do not take candidates from other disciplines directly into the department except through PGD in surveying and geoinformatics or going for professional masters in geoinformatics information technology(MGIT). How did you go about this? Please, I need this information.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Rhyah(f): 12:05am On Dec 06, 2016
OmaniPadmeHum:

If you have time and if you feel patience will serve you well, then wait for the 2017 Program.

If you are in a Hurry and must get it done by December, then go through this link to get the Oyo State Chapter Training Program for 2016.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for the link. I intend taking the courses next year. I just have to plan well for it. Please, can u paste the link for 2017 course schedules whenever it's ready? I'd really appreciate it. Pls quote me when you paste it. Thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by nutarious(f): 1:38am On Dec 06, 2016
OmaniPadmeHum:

Good luck.

please any link to their Kano branch?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.