Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (405605 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kingsley989(m): 9:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
Good evening all. Please is there any ISPON centre in Anambra (Awka, Onitsha) or Asaba? Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Fraih(f): 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
Olami90:

It has been sent miss fraih.....
Seen.
Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by AdOb(m): 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
Good afternoon brother, kindly send me NEBOSH IGC materials via adegokeobafemi@yahoo.com

OmaniPadmeHum:

1. Yes, 2017 calendar is not out. That was why I said if you are not in a hurry, you could wait for it. Doing these courses with NISP/ISPON gives you some benefits. You become a member easily as you already know their way. NISP/ISPON is popular and the bedrock for professional HSE Training in Nigeria. It has huge sentimental value. ISPON is also now backed by law to regulate the HSE Profession (more on Safety though) in NIGERIA. For the Environmental Part, NES (Nigerian Environmental Society) is trying to charter this profession. It is inundated with quacks and very uninformed people and every dummy claims/calls himself "Consultant" and do EIAs. But for Safety, NISP is taking steps to make the professional practice more regulated.

2. You can't go to the University without going through Secondary School. Yes, you need to do either General HSE or Level 2 before you do Level 3.
Level 3 is considered as a higher level of competence. To get to this Level, you need to pass through one of the foundation/lower levels.

Let me give you my case. I have an MSc. In Safety Engineering from a Grande Ecole in France. However, I needed to do Level 2 before 3. This is even when I was busy during the ISPON classes correcting many of the erroneous impressions e.g. that "Hazards are bad and useless and so must be eliminated" during the ISPON Lecture. I had to inform them that Hazards are not "useless", we need them to get things done. E.g temperature in a process. Heat Exchangers, High Drilling Rigs/Platforms above water etc., But the hazards can be controlled and maintained using technical and managerial means of protection with appropriate levels of reliability. That is why we have mitigation actions to eliminate cause and/or mitigation actions to reduce consequences. It is also based on whether you are working from a Deterministic or Probabilistic School of thought. NISP/ISPON was too rudimentary for me. But I listened,participated, stepped in when I needed to. And I listened attentively in class because I knew I would also learn new things or refresh my memory. Even NEBOSH IGC was very rudimentary for me. It was NEBOSH IDip that came a little close to my level of competence (Higher than Level 8 ).

So, if you have the finances, do the General then Level 3.

Unfortunately, I don't know the rules of Novelle Center. Whether they also have same rules like ISPON/NISP. But you can call them to find out. Then you can take a pick.

Cheers.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by AdOb(m): 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
Olami90:

I really appreciate you sir. I can't thank you enough for your time and detailed contributions. God bless you.

I eventually put a call through to Abeokuta branch and a pdf copy of 2017 calender was forwarded to me(it is not just on the website yet). So I think I will just do it with them next month.
I hope to get more of your honest ideas later. Thanks once again

Please send me the Calender copy via adegokeobafemi@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by writemeshyahoo: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
Pls house, why is this website not opening?
http://www.isponnigeria.org/index.php/about-us/ispon-spread
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by mercylicious234: 2:30pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hello house.
Please I will appreciate if HSE / QAQC (e and I) vacancies are shared. Hubby has degree, ispon 1,2,3, nebosh igc, spdc permit holder etc and others performance awards. He has over 5 years experience in oil and gas related projects.

Their current project will finish this February. Please anybody with any info shld assist.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 5:49am On Jan 31, 2017
kingsley989:
Good evening all. Please is there any ISPON centre in Anambra (Awka, Onitsha) or Asaba? Thanks
AWKA is the only branch around(none in onitsha and Asaba)
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kingsley989(m): 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
Greatken007:
AWKA is the only branch around(none in onitsha and Asaba)
Thanks a lot. Please can you give a break down of the cost to start from scratch? Thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Olami90: 9:17pm On Jan 31, 2017
AdOb:

Please send me the Calender copy via adegokeobafemi@yahoo.com. Thank you

Sent bro but note that is for Ogun state branches. I am not sure it is same for other state.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 01, 2017
AdOb:
Good afternoon brother, kindly send me NEBOSH IGC materials via adegokeobafemi@yahoo.com

I do apologize for the delay.
Cheers.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kakayaraznits(m): 7:58am On Feb 01, 2017
Salute to all the professionals in the house. I seek your advice on HSE career. Studied sociology and did my GHSE and level 3 at ispon. I have 3 yrs experience as a ticketing officer in an oil and gas depot and 2 yrs experience as an operation officer at the cargo port, both at Apapa. I got employed two weeks ago as an HSE officer in a catering company that deals with Total, mobil and Chevron (though they pay peanuts). My concern is I dont know if working as an HSE officer In catering Industry would help my carrer and not affect the future possibility of getting employed in either industries I worked earlier. Your response would be highly appreciated.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by omaraji: 1:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
https://blog.linkedin.com/2016/10/20/top-skills-2016-week-of-learning-linkedin
http://www.businessinsider.com/skills-that-can-get-you-hired-2016-10
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/20/the-top-10-skills-that-will-get-you-hired.htmlIncrease your industry value potential vide
Statistical Analysis and Data Mining,
Qualitative & Quantitative Research
Training & Research Advisory (Thesis Structure, Dissertation and Research Publication)

Dear Earthlings,

Hey! if you are not a saleman per excellence (ingenuity) then you have to acquire a skill that will last you a lifetime and can NEVER be replicated or copied by another. Just maybe this is that golden opportunity to earn whilst developing your industry &/or Academic proficiency (see attached a sample of past earnings for just 2-week period on upwork), then you have my december earnings on fiverr, guru.com, toptal and foreign collegiate group (only share to me Redfox group). Do NOT forget money is a means to an end NOT an end itself as most online and multi-level marketing gigs and the like proposes.

Take a closer if this is right for you.
Redfox Analytics-- redefining & standardizing the world of modeling, analytics and research with the use of solution engines: SAS, SPSS, Eviews, STATA, Python, R, XLSTAT, Epi-Info, MicroFit and Microsoft Excel forecasting with varying applications in General research, Econometrics, Development Finance, Real Estate Modeling & Financing, Global Markets (currency & fixed income derivatives) analytic.

Statistical and Survey Analysis
Biostatistics (Medical Statistics)
Forecasting & Quantitative Risk*
Data Analytics Support*
Commodities Trading & Modeling*
MBA Research guide*
Financial Markets*

Please call in for seat reservation and more information.
Starting Jan 28, 2017: SPSS (AB) Intensive.
Starting Jan 28, 2017--Session LOS A: Stata (AA) and SPSS (AB)
Starting Jan 28, 2017--Session LOS D: Tableau (Data Analytics)
Starting Jan 28, 2017--Session LOS A: SAS (AC)
Starting Jan 28, 2017--Session LOS B: Eviews (BB)
Starting Jan 28, 2017--Session LOS C: XLSTAT (CC) and Excel (Advanced & Logical Operations)

January 26/27, 2017 -- Analytics, Data Management and Forecasting (AFDM)
Venue: H9B, SR, Abraham Adesanya Estate, Lekki-Ajah & Terra Kulture, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Session duration: 2-day intensive (9hrs)
(SPSS, Tableau, Modeling Eviews, XLSTAT, Excel)
Stata and SAS: with consulting connect access
QDA Miner Lite, CAQDAS, NVivo & Coding Analysis Toolkit (CAS) for Qualitative Research (supported by HTML,CSV, RTF)
R and R studio: with developer tools and consulting connect access
Python: with developer tools and consulting connect access
Add-ons: software installation/set up, plus video tutorials and dummies.

Kingsley Redfox
2BFA0150
kingsleyukwuoma@gmail.com
Finalising the launch of redfoxanalytics.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 6:30am On Feb 02, 2017
Start from scratch as a Graduate requires you to do the General HSE (45k ) followed by HSE competence Development Level 3 (25k ), the duration is between 4-5 days each, you may choose to do the General HSE only and come back to run the level 3 whenever the cash is ready for it
kingsley989:

Thanks a lot. Please can you give a break down of the cost to start from scratch? Thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by bennyman4u2010: 2:05am On Feb 03, 2017
Nice to be here. I just got my HSE level 1,2,3 and I wish to be a professional in this field.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by eboniest(f): 10:25am On Feb 07, 2017
Hello house, am a graduate of science laboratory technology, I really fell in love with QAQC as a career path.I will like to know if there is a body in nigeria offering any QAQC certification and more also what are other certifications good for an SLT graduate
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by hakeemgp: 10:40am On Feb 07, 2017
enhance your HSEQ career visit www.9jahsepros.com

also join the expanding HSEQ Nigeria community via this link

https:///joinchat/AAAAAD8Jt62DSPqwggLpjg

dont be left out.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by hakeemgp: 10:41am On Feb 07, 2017
get advices on your HSEQ career, share your challenges and get solutions from experienced HSEQ Professionals from the community that supports.

use this link

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by temidayodamoye(m): 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2017
Good day everyone, I'm Temidayo by name, a final year student of petroleum Engr in one of the first generation universities here in Nigeria. I'm a little bit scared as per what the future holds for me as a petroleum Engr due to dwindling oil prices (Glory to God it's even coming up little by little). I'm humbly requesting for a mentor in the oil and gas field, especially relating to HSE. I currently have my HSE level 1,2&3 certificate and kinda confused on what to go for next as I need something that will give me an edge after graduating. I would be glad if I get a reply. Thank u all for a wonderful job done in this forum
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Wizywiz(m): 5:54am On Feb 09, 2017
Blanc8:

Sincerely bro, if you went two pages back on the thread you'd get answer to your Question..

Want to give it a trail?
yes. BRO. Have a cert in offshore and onshore rig safety. Want to upgrade more. I ve registered starting classes on d 20 to 24 Feb. In pH.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Blanc8(m): 6:54am On Feb 09, 2017
Wizywiz:
yes. BRO. Have a cert in offshore and onshore rig safety. Want to upgrade more. I ve registered starting classes on d 20 to 24 Feb. In pH.

OK, bro Congrats..

Stay safe
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by hakeemgp: 8:50am On Feb 09, 2017
for latest HSE/ QAQC job adverts visit www.9jahsepros.com

Also join the discussion forum and meet the best HSE/ QAQC Professionals in Nigeria via the link below:

Job adverts shared there too.

Stop missing out!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
temidayodamoye:
Good day everyone, I'm Temidayo by name, a final year student of petroleum Engr in one of the first generation universities here in Nigeria. I'm a little bit scared as per what the future holds for me as a petroleum Engr due to dwindling oil prices (Glory to God it's even coming up little by little). I'm humbly requesting for a mentor in the oil and gas field, especially relating to HSE. I currently have my HSE level 1,2&3 certificate and kinda confused on what to go for next as I need something that will give me an edge after graduating. I would be glad if I get a reply. Thank u all for a wonderful job done in this forum

You have a bias for any aspect of HSE Sciences? It would depend on where you think you want to really focus on. You have the basic appreciation knowledge. Now it is to go deeper into Safety Engineering which is a little bit close to maintenance engineering. Just that in safety engineering you get to start managing risks from the design stage and not from operations/maintenance phase. The Principles of prevention through design (PtD) and Human Factors/Ergonomics are taught amongst many many others.

Let us see how it goes. If there are any questions you would love to ask or clarifications to make let us know.

I also believe other HSE professionals can learn skills and acquire knowledge through this medium.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
Kakayaraznits:
Salute to all the professionals in the house. I seek your advice on HSE career. Studied sociology and did my GHSE and level 3 at ispon. I have 3 yrs experience as a ticketing officer in an oil and gas depot and 2 yrs experience as an operation officer at the cargo port, both at Apapa. I got employed two weeks ago as an HSE officer in a catering company that deals with Total, mobil and Chevron (though they pay peanuts). My concern is I dont know if working as an HSE officer In catering Industry would help my carrer and not affect the future possibility of getting employed in either industries I worked earlier. Your response would be highly appreciated.

It shouldn't affect anything. As a matter of fact working here as a HSE officer should give you more skills in the area of food safety and industrial hygiene. This can be added to your wealth of experience you have had in your last two places of employment you mentioned.

Where else does one get the skills for HACCP? Where does one get the experience for Industrial Hygiene Based Risk Assessment ? Please get as much skill and experience as you can with Kitchen and Food Safety. Kitchen fire classes and types and kitchen fire fighting. Receipt and Management of food stock. Kitchen risks and hazards. Etc. Etc. The risk assessment principles are all the same. Whether from a probabilistic or deterministic approach.

There is no skill, knowledge and/or experience that is lost. It will make your CV rich. In future as a HSE Manager, no one in the Canteen or your comany's restaurant can tell you stories about Safety Management in that area. You have been there done that. You need to see how a company like Total places emphasis on industrial hygiene and food safety.

Please expand you knowledge here and enjoy the experience while it lasts.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
bennyman4u2010:
Nice to be here. I just got my HSE level 1,2,3 and I wish to be a professional in this field.

Welcome Sir.

What is your background, experience? Your Discipline? Not that it matters much. However, it helps in knowing how deep you have gone. Especially when it comes to highly technical aspects like HSE Engineering and Chemical Process Safety etc.

Welcome once again.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 13, 2017
eboniest:
Hello house, am a graduate of science laboratory technology, I really fell in love with QAQC as a career path.I will like to know if there is a body in nigeria offering any QAQC certification and more also what are other certifications good for an SLT graduate

Welcome ma'am.

There are some offering courses but tending towards there Specific sectors or industries as their area of focus. For instance a marine related training company could be offering Marine QA/QC course for mariners.

Have you considered the ISO 19001 certification in Quality management system? It will give further insights in Managing QA/QC programs. With this generic knowledge and skill you can tailor it to the sector or industry you find your self operating from.

As a science lab tech professional are there areas you love and have a flair for?

Basic HSE appreciation courses are good for practically every one. These are important and even impart life saving skills like first aid and victim stabilisation.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by temidayodamoye(m): 7:02am On Feb 13, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:

You have a bias for any aspect of HSE Sciences? It would depend on where you think you want to really focus on. You have the basic appreciation knowledge. Now it is to go deeper into Safety Engineering which is a little bit close to maintenance engineering. Just that in safety engineering you get to start managing risks from the design stage and not from operations/maintenance phase. The Principles of prevention through design (PtD) and Human Factors/Ergonomics are taught amongst many many others.

Let us see how it goes. If there are any questions you would love to ask or clarifications to make let us know.

I also believe other HSE professionals can learn skills and acquire knowledge through this medium.

Thank you very much for ur reply. I actually prefer the safety part of HSE , so the safety Engineering would be a great idea if you can clarify better. I also love drilling and completions part of my course so I won't mind having knowledge on Rig safety as well... I would like you to put me through on where to start from in other to achieve all these. God bless you as you reply.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 10:06am On Feb 13, 2017
it's been a while since I have been on this thread and i must commend @OmaniPadmeHum on his good work when it comes to providing relevant information, guidance and education.

Well done @OmaniPadmeHum.

2 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kakayaraznits(m): 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:

It shouldn't affect anything. As a matter of fact working here as a HSE officer should give you more skills in the area of food safety and industrial hygiene. This can be added to your wealth of experience you have had in your last two places of employment you mentioned.

Where else does one get the skills for HACCP? Where does one get the experience for Industrial Hygiene Based Risk Assessment ? Please get as much skill and experience as you can with Kitchen and Food Safety. Kitchen fire classes and types and kitchen fire fighting. Receipt and Management of food stock. Kitchen risks and hazards. Etc. Etc. The risk assessment principles are all the same. Whether from a probabilistic or deterministic approach.

There is no skill, knowledge and/or experience that is lost. It will make your CV rich. In future as a HSE Manager, no one in the Canteen or your comany's restaurant can tell you stories about Safety Management in that area. You have been there done that. You need to see how a company like Total places emphasis on industrial hygiene and food safety.

Please expand you knowledge here and enjoy the experience while it lasts.

Good luck.

I really appreciate your encouraging reply. Its true that Total places much emphasis on industrial hygiene and food safety, my present company has a contract with them and the bidding procedure is quite strenuous with lots of requirements.
Thanks once again for the encouragement.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by giftbrown219: 2:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
Go online and check their websites, i think all states have centers.
kingsley989:
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Tolanboy: 11:37am On Feb 15, 2017
Hi guys!Who can share nebosh iogc and icc materials and past exam questions?thank you
my e mail tolanboy@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Emperor98: 11:34pm On Feb 15, 2017
Good evening nairalanders, am an HSE professional, please I need where to get experience here in Port Harcourt, if you know where I can do internship or volunteer service, please help me. My email is johnsonolaifa94@gmail.com, phone number 08069025975, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.