Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police (8928 Views)

Troops Arrest Boko Haram Logistic Elements & Kids Wearing Their New Uniform(pics / Oshiomhole Ditches Khakhi Uniform For Designer Suits (Photos) / Thugs In Army Uniform Attack APC Members, Kidnap 4 (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by obong(m): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2005

What would be a more suitable (comfortable) color for our hapless police? All black is certainly not the way to go. Even yellow fever seems more comfortable.

I propose a light sky blue shirt and black trousers. What do you guys think?
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by joftech(m): 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2005
They changed from sky-blue to black, this signaled the begining of evil vices in the NPF.

I propose RED. This will make people that come across them to know that they are danger zone.
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by da808cutie(f): 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2005
Sky Blue shirts probably would not work seeing as a lot of the policemen have to either sit/walk around in the sun or sit in stuffy poorly ventilated closed spaces called offices/police stations, they'll probably all sweat up their uniforms and in no time have it looking as upsetting as their present black...on the other hand, it might be a good idea considering black and the heat it conducts on its own.
Brown might be a good idea though
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by Xtiana: 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2005
white
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by obong(m): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2005
if school children can wear white, policemen should be able to do the same
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by casper(m): 4:38am On Sep 22, 2005
obong:

if school children can wear white, policemen should be able to do the same

Yeah right, I stick to their black.
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by hotangel2(f): 4:47am On Sep 22, 2005
Police men walk arround, move in dust and all that. The last color they should wear now is a Bright colour. I am gonna have to go for anything DARK. Dark but with bright tiny straps arround them. Like by the hand of teh shirt, and beside their pants.
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by WesleyanA(f): 7:03am On Sep 22, 2005
the pic's too small. sad
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by Seun(m): 7:31am On Sep 22, 2005
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by WesleyanA(f): 7:35am On Sep 22, 2005
black's the best color for them no doubt. they shouldn't change it. they only need to make it lighter (thickness)
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by joftech(m): 9:03am On Sep 22, 2005
A recap in vivid color now.

Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by Motee(f): 9:29am On Sep 22, 2005
I think for a while they should just allow them to wear white and that will help and change some of our feelings that not all of them have a black heart. 

Do you know what? As much as I avoid them and somehow appreciate the good eggs among them, I dislike them.  I feel there is a spirit (bad one) that pushes them anyhow when they feel that Authority call power upon them.

It is that bad that I will run away from my family who is a POLICE.
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by obong(m): 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2005
so thier comfort means little to those advocating all black. running around in that nigerian sun with all black will hardly make the police any kinder
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by cushman(m): 7:30pm On Sep 22, 2005
I prefer them to maintain their black colour
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by obong(m): 11:45pm On Sep 22, 2005
why cushman?
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by Jakumo(m): 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2005
If I were a policeman in any country, I would want to wear a color that presents the most elusive target in a dusk or night-time fire-fight with robbers - and that would be black on black with black.
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by kazey(m): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2005
white shirt and black trouser. Like the malaysian police.
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by Bibi(m): 10:13am On Oct 03, 2005
whats about PINK. I think that will be sooo cooolllll., Imagine, PINK POLICE smiley.

On a serious note. I think the police should go back to the light blue tops on black trousers. They don't have to look so mean in all black.

Anyway, there needs to be a dress essence imbibed in the police. No matter what colour, if the policemen continue dressing shabbily, dirty and wearing sandal/sleepers with uniforms on duty...., aarrggghhh.
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by Seun(m): 10:54am On Nov 03, 2005
I wonder if the new look that we're proposing matters in the face of alleged corruption in the police force.
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by IAH(f): 11:52am On Nov 03, 2005
I think black just suits them fine. It signifies the state of their hearts - BLACK and EVIL.
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by elphem(m): 7:04am On Nov 04, 2005
Do you guys know that there is a proposition for confederal police (state police).
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by Seun(m): 7:49am On Nov 04, 2005
State police in Nigeria? Elphem, please tell us everything you know about this!
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by elphem(m): 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2005
There was a proposition by the senate house to introduce regional police last year. I said they only proposed it and still at the floor of the house for ratification.
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by Mobsync(m): 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2011
They can wear oRange on white trousers
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2011
how about this ?

Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by tck2000(m): 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2019
white and black
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by iluvdonjazzy: 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2019
it's my birthday please show some love
Re: More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 16, 2019
obong:

What would be a more suitable (comfortable) color for our hapless police? All black is certainly not the way to go. Even yellow fever seems more comfortable.

I propose a light sky blue shirt and black trousers. What do you guys think?

You saw the future. The police adopted a sky blue shirt and black trousers few years after you posted this.

Most people don't know the police used to wear sky blue shirts with light brown trousers in the 80s before they moved to the all black uniform.

You could as well rename your topic "I predicted the Nigerian police uniform" grin

(1) (Reply)

Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again / John Idumange: Court Adjourns Trial Of Whistleblower Who Accused Bayelsa Govt / PDP Rally In Warji LGA, Bauchi State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.