Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships (7327 Views)

Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" / How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / Marital ‘unbliss’ – ‘see Finish’ Or Apathy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by youngalex(m): 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
This is what most marriages/relationships suffer from yet we fail to admit it,the law states that the affection/attraction you have for your partner tends to reduce over time and gives the feeling of "there is nothin more to it than what I have been seeing/doing"..what can one do to rekindle the spark?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by klodike(m): 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Only the gods can provide answer/solution to this grin

1 Like

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by africanpea: 11:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
The matter na serious issue oo, firstly, u both need to understand ur mission i.e are u both ready to make it work? Imbibe the habit of taking ur spouse out not necessarily celebrating an occasion but to kip the love alive, spice things up and be very open to changes. Last last sha love matter nor get formula just do as it pleases either of u.

1 Like

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by braine(m): 11:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
Contact should be reduced; calls, texting, visits; prolly having separate rooms for the married guys, etc. Basically to find ways for the couple to miss each other kinda. So the few times when there are calls, visits et al, there will be a lot to talk about ie quality moments and talks.

1 Like

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Nobody: 1:34am On Sep 15, 2014
Contacts reduced? undecided do u want d wife 2 start walkin on eggs shells around d husband?.. Its not advisable. For a marriage 2 last long and become enjoyable,there shud be communication and once in a while both shud go 4 counselling. It will bring her senses back on track. Try not 2create fear in yur wife. Its unhealthy.
Best of luck
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Nobody: 3:06am On Sep 15, 2014
Nothing like see finish in marriage,or relationship,except there was no real love in the first place..

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Kanwulia: 3:37am On Sep 15, 2014
When a spark ceases, it can NEVER be rekindled.
You only learn to STRIKE A NEW MATCH STICK! kiss
Enjoy it while it lasts! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by onegig(m): 4:40am On Sep 15, 2014
Kanwulia: When a spark ceases, it can NEVER be rekindled.
You only learn to STRIKE A NEW MATCH STICK! kiss
Enjoy it while it lasts! cheesy
And when that one goes off. What do you do?

Strike another one abi? That's very good.

4 Likes

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by AfricanApple(f): 7:04am On Sep 15, 2014
there is no how u will be in a long term relationship or marriage that attraction for your spouse will not reduce, it is natural.
in as far as u are willing to keep that relationship, it is d duty of both u and ur spouse to find all d means u can to revive back those diamonds that makes d love and relationship sparkle, it mustn't necessarily be dsame way u used to do before. that is why u have to be informed and social, hence u can bring different people's experience and add to yours.
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by natasha: 8:01am On Sep 15, 2014
my definition of the law of See finish is
a) when a man refuses to marry a girl of his age group (same age, 1 or 2 yrs younger)/ or older than he is, on the basis that she would not give him "respect" and chooses to marry someone 5 years or more younger. The law of "See finish states that it doesnt matter whether your spouse is 5, 10, 15, 20 yrs younger or even same age with you, once she sees your willy n does the deed!!! she don see you finish be that o. She don sabi wetin u de use form, how many minutes you fit last, for your mind you go think say you get horsepower but na different assessment.
Thats why you sometimes see a teenage girl been rude to a man whom everybody fears in an office.

PS - A woman would respect you if you have earned her respect. Irrespective of the age difference. Even respect in marriage cannot be demanded, it can only be earned. You can bully a woman into submission, but not respect!

3 Likes

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by MizMyColi(f): 8:04am On Sep 15, 2014

On this topic, I think my siggy says it all.
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Tallesty1(m): 8:14am On Sep 15, 2014
youngalex: This is what most marriages/relationships suffer from yet we fail to admit it,the law states that the affection/attraction you have for your partner tends to reduce over time and gives the feeling of "there is nothin more to it than what I have been seeing/doing"..what can one do to rekindle the spark?
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Tallesty1(m): 8:16am On Sep 15, 2014
Sure
MizMyColi:
On this topic, I think my siggy says it all.
But I want you to say more. Give us more advice/suggestion.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by egopersonified(f): 8:47am On Sep 15, 2014
Funny topic.
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 15, 2014
braine: Contact should be reduced; calls, texting, visits; prolly having separate rooms for the married guys, etc. Basically to find ways for the couple to miss each other kinda. So the few times when there are calls, visits et al, there will be a lot to talk about ie quality moments and talks.

I don't get this
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Dygeasy(m): 8:53am On Sep 15, 2014
Tallesty1: SureBut I want you to say more. Give us more advice/suggestion.

Thanks in advance.
As in MizMyColi just has to say more. grin

*spreads mat*

1 Like

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Dygeasy(m): 8:55am On Sep 15, 2014
iwakolewa:

I don't get this
Forgive him. He knows not what he's saying typing.
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by MizMyColi(f): 9:01am On Sep 15, 2014
Tallesty1: Sure

But I want you to say more. Give us more advice/suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Sure thing!

imo, it takes commitment.
After all the romantic hullabaloo
What most of us are yet to realize is that Loving at that point in time becomes a decision.

Most times, it is the guy who falters.
Woman are very intuitive and can smell a pending breakup or change in their man's character from afar.

What I advise young people is this:
Never rush a relationship journey.
Give it time.
Let it bud.

Guys,
Don't pretend to be what you're not.
Don't call her for one hour when in reality you know you're not that kind of person.
Don't love bomb a lady only to withdraw psychologically and emotionally from her after you feel she has given body, spirit and soul to you.
In other words, do not raise her hopes, until you are very sure that the connection you share is beyond feelings.

Ladies, you have to realize that in the beginning, the guy will always think he loves you, you have to be disciplined enough not to let those advances of his get to your head, thereby leading you to make hasty decisions, which in most cases, you might regret.

For those who have already made the mistakes listed above, there is still hope.
You need to take some time to cool off.
You need to go back to the start line.
Just give each other a long space.
Within that time, you'll reach a decision, whether or not to love this person.
That's when love becomes a will, a decision.
If you decide in the positive, love ferociously, love compromisingly, love sacrificially.
If it's negative,
Move On - For Good.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 15, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by MizMyColi(f): 9:05am On Sep 15, 2014

Here are some tips for established relationships/marriages.
Please use your discretion where necessary.

I can't post the source here for fear of being banned grin

Your erratic work schedules and rising stress levels have taken a toll on your relationship. You haven’t been able to give enough time to each other and as a result your relationship has hit rock bottom. However, there’s still a chance to revive the charm and save your relationship. Here are a few things you must do.

1. Communicate
Talk to each other as much as possible, it is the most sensible things to do in such situations. This will help sort out a lot of issues that you have had in the past and will clear several misunderstandings as well. When you talk, you let out a lot of frustration and ill-feeling that you have stored within. You have avoided this kind of communication since you didn’t want things to take a bad turn, however at this point, talking out your differences is one of the best ways to make your relationship work

2. Give time
Try to concentrate more on your relationship, invest time in nurturing it. Try to shift focus from your professional life to your personal, come back early from work so that you spend quality time with your partner, avoid social gatherings where you need to go without your partner, etc. In fact, plan things around your partner, so that you can spend more and more time with each other. Time has the power to mend cracks, but you must invest enough time for the same

3. Start dating
Couples only date until the time they are chasing each other or just before being together. Once, they know that they are secure within themselves, they stop doing anything to make their relationship interesting. Start dating again to revive the charm, plan luncheons and dinner dates at new places around the city, go on surprise long drives once in a while while enjoying the weather, gift each other small things, etc. Try to get monotony out of your relationship and make it more exciting.

4. Listen
If you think talking out is very important to mend your ties, then listening is equally important. Before putting across your point to your partner, make sure you carefully listen to everything that your partner says. Do no jump on conclusions without giving him/her a chance to explain. Patiently listening to your partner might answer many questions that haunt your relationship from time to time.

5. Get more intimate
In most couples, being less intimate is one of the most important reasons that leads to a fallout. It is our busy schedules that usually make us feel so exhausted that we do not have enough time and emotion to spare, let alone being intimate.

If you’re already having s*x, try different positions and ask each other about the experience, and this is one way you can bring back the charm in your relationship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by ideology(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2014
MizMyColi:
Here are some tips for established relationships/marriages.
Please use your discretion where necessary.

I can't post the source here for fear of being banned grin

Your erratic work schedules and rising stress levels have taken a toll on your relationship. You haven’t been able to give enough time to each other and as a result your relationship has hit rock bottom. However, there’s still a chance to revive the charm and save your relationship. Here are a few things you must do.

1. Communicate
Talk to each other as much as possible, it is the most sensible things to do in such situations. This will help sort out a lot of issues that you have had in the past and will clear several misunderstandings as well. When you talk, you let out a lot of frustration and ill-feeling that you have stored within. You have avoided this kind of communication since you didn’t want things to take a bad turn, however at this point, talking out your differences is one of the best ways to make your relationship work

2. Give time
Try to concentrate more on your relationship, invest time in nurturing it. Try to shift focus from your professional life to your personal, come back early from work so that you spend quality time with your partner, avoid social gatherings where you need to go without your partner, etc. In fact, plan things around your partner, so that you can spend more and more time with each other. Time has the power to mend cracks, but you must invest enough time for the same

3. Start dating
Couples only date until the time they are chasing each other or just before being together. Once, they know that they are secure within themselves, they stop doing anything to make their relationship interesting. Start dating again to revive the charm, plan luncheons and dinner dates at new places around the city, go on surprise long drives once in a while while enjoying the weather, gift each other small things, etc. Try to get monotony out of your relationship and make it more exciting.

4. Listen
If you think talking out is very important to mend your ties, then listening is equally important. Before putting across your point to your partner, make sure you carefully listen to everything that your partner says. Do no jump on conclusions without giving him/her a chance to explain. Patiently listening to your partner might answer many questions that haunt your relationship from time to time.

5. Get more intimate
In most couples, being less intimate is one of the most important reasons that leads to a fallout. It is our busy schedules that usually make us feel so exhausted that we do not have enough time and emotion to spare, let alone being intimate.

If you’re already having s*x, try different positions and ask each other about the experience, and this is one way you can bring back the charm in your relationship.

MizMyColi:

Sure thing!
What most of us are yet to realize is that Loving at that point in time becomes a decision.
Woman are very intuitive and can smell a pending breakup or change in their man's character from afar.
Give it time.
Let it bud.
Guys,
Don't call her for one hour when in reality you know you're not that kind of person.
Don't love bomb a lady only to withdraw psychologically and emotionally from her after you feel she has given body, spirit and soul to you.
In other words, do not raise her hopes, until you are very sure that the connection you share is beyond feelings.
Ladies, you have to realize that in the beginning, the guy will always think he loves you, you have to be disciplined enough not to let those advances of his get to your head, thereby leading you to make hasty decisions, which in most cases, you might regret.
If you decide in the positive, love ferociously, love compromisingly, love sacrificially.
If it's negative,
Move On - For Good.

From my dear friend mizmycoli,
She has said it all

[size=15pt]Love is choice, risk, sacrifice [/size]

Mz you read too much, I'll have to seize your phone or ask network providers to disconnect you from internet.
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by MizMyColi(f): 9:17am On Sep 15, 2014
ideology:

From my dear friend mizmycoli,
She has said it all
Love is choice, risk, sacrifice

Mz you read too much, I'll have to seize your phone or ask network providers to disconnect you from internet.

grin grin grin
You inspire smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by ideology(m): 9:20am On Sep 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

grin grin grin
You inspire smiley

Me keee!!

I no go accept this accusation cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Tallesty1(m): 9:25am On Sep 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

Sure thing!

Give it time.
Let it bud.

Guys,

If it's negative,
Move On - For Good.

^^^She is the reason I will never leave nland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 15, 2014
Tallesty1: ^^^She is the reason I will never leave nland.
Endorsed!
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Kanwulia: 9:31am On Sep 15, 2014
onegig: And when that one goes off. What do you do?

Strike another one abi? That's very good.

You keep RE-LIGHTNING a DIFFERENT match or JOY-STICK. . . . . Or THROW AWAY YOUR CANDLE till you DIE! cheesy
Once a feeling is gone. . . . That PARTICULAR MOMENT IS GONE FOR EVER! kiss

By the way, it takes 2 to 'rekindle' a spark!
2nd parties are USUALLY not interested in your spark-rekindling agenda.
Time to move on to a DIFFERENT LEVEL of your relationship. . . . . Like ROOMMATES! kiss
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Tallesty1(m): 9:32am On Sep 15, 2014
Dygeasy: As in MizMyColi just has to say more. grin

*spreads mat*
She just did.
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Dygeasy(m): 9:57am On Sep 15, 2014
MizMyColi, may I say something?

I love you.

Anyhow all of una term it. Na una sabi. You inspire really.
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2014
Tallesty1: ^^^She is the reason I will never leave nland.
Me too. cheesy
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2014
Dygeasy: MizMyColi, may I say something?

I love you.

hehehehehehe...

Another Nairaland couple....

Abeg i ll be the brides-maid oooo.......
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by Dygeasy(m): 10:05am On Sep 15, 2014
temigracie: hehehehehehe...

Another Nairaland couple....

Abeg i ll be the brides-maid oooo.......
lol! You are alone. grin
Re: Law Of See Finish In Marriage/relationships by MizMyColi(f): 10:32am On Sep 15, 2014

I love you too, Dygeasy.
grin

P.S - Temi, this is not a rozay cheesy cheesy cheesy
Dygeasy: MizMyColi, may I say something?

I love you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Suspect My 16 Years Old Cousin Watches Porn. / Do You Sing In Shower? / How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.