Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet (51545 Views)

Fayose Personally Gives Food Items To Residents In Ekiti State. Photos / video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo / River Benue Fishermen Find NAF Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by hardbody: 11:41am On Sep 15, 2014
martyns303:
He didn't make any point. You can't sit down and make such assumptions. Let the professionals do their jobs and come out with their findings.

Those were rational and logical thought processes. I also thought about some of those and that is why this is a discussion forum. He may be wrong, indeed completely wrong, but he showed that he was thinking of possibilities. I will give you my personal experience. I was working for Glo sometime when information filtered in that robbers were operating at Oceanic Bank and that was around past noon. While we were discussing it downstairs at the time the operation was ongoing, i recall contributing to say that the only way a sensible criminal can expect to go with any loot from there was to come in with a speed boat, operate, leave, take cover around any of the creeks towards apapa/tin can and then speed away to safety by nightfall. I also said if i was the security chief in Lagos, i will use an helicopter to comb all the creeks and bushes around that arena. Guess what? the next day, the Glo CSO came to my office to tell me that 'oga, those thieves came through the water and left through the water, but policemen were busy mounting road blocks in and around V/I.' Am i a professional? No. It was just rational and logical thinking process. If you have suggestions, make them and appreciate it when others make theirs.

I hope i have stayed away from insult, please if you need to respond, kindly do same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 15, 2014
BUSHHUNTER: Lol
Gtbank brand is orange and dark grey the last time I checked.
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Reference(m): 11:50am On Sep 15, 2014
Amanwulu1: I'd prefer it crashed to d BH capturing it, tho' I never really feared dat it was captured as in being in d hand of BH.

But what will have made you believe that a flying jet can be captured. How do you capture an aircraft in flight.

The locals also reported that it flew so low they could make out the 'door'. An alpha jet has no door. I suppose they mean canopy because the cockpit canopy is the object of intuitive attraction because the airmen are right there. If the pilots were visible through the canopy then the jet was within a thousand feet of the ground. That in a hilly area like Adamawa means one thing, crash.

1 Like

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by deletrue: 11:51am On Sep 15, 2014
olrotimi: who is this one? #hisses
Na so we see am. Those are some kind of Nigerians.
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Revolva(m): 11:54am On Sep 15, 2014
which one person go believe na boko haram say na dem hold d plane villagers don say dem see the plane crash..omo dem don fall boko haram hand...boko haram dey lie too much...
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 15, 2014
Marlboro1: Africa Online reports that the Alpha Jet (NAF 466) belonging to the Nigerian Air Force declared missing by the Defence Headquarters in its Adamawa State’s operations may have been sighted by residents before it crashed.
The plane was said to have crashed on Saturday at Gabun village near Gaanda, in Gombi Local Government of the state.
Local farmers in Gombi Local Government Area of the state yesterday claimed to have sighted an aircraft that crashed at a place near Gabun primary school.

The residents said they saw a ‘low-flying jumbo jet’ matching the description of the missing Alpha Jet after it disappeared on Friday.
Several residents of Hawul, a border town in Borno State, also said they saw an aircraft in military colours with green-red-stripes flying so low over the mountains as the plane’s doors were clearly visible.
The residents, who are predominantly farmers, claimed they were disturbed by the incredibly loud noise on Friday, with the plane travelling from north to south-east, towards Hawul– Gabun.
A witness was said to have noted that “I’ve never seen a jet flying so low over our mountains before. We’ve seen planes, but I’m sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.

For more details go to: http://africaonline.cc/?p=5134
Jumbo Jet?? What da fucck, honestly sometimes i regret being a Nigerian.
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by pyzee(m): 11:57am On Sep 15, 2014
ChAiii!!!!!!!! Ntin we no go hear 4 9ja...D only fighter jet we had nw lost....con't...hw dem go kon fight does B-boiz? if dey attack again...... undecided
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by BUSHHUNTER: 11:58am On Sep 15, 2014
guttentag:

very funny.. who give him the ring?

Babalawo IFE grin
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Day169: 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
Using an alpha jet in these modern times is like a groom driving to his wedding in a naija used "Ford Granada".
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by ayukdaboss(m): 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
PerfectlyPerfect: Nairalanders, posting stu*paid comments without really understanding the post. fighter jets from different countries crash from time to time, not only in Nigeria. its barely two weeks since 2 US navy jets collided and exploded. dats more than 40million dollars gone.
an old Nigerian jet crashed and you guys are already crying wolf
Oga I too know...I'm sure the US have been able to locate their jets. Reverse is the case with ours. No debris has been found and its 2 days since the plane was reported missing. No info on its whereabouts too. So now tell me who posted a stupid comment? You or the others?
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by deletrue: 12:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
hardbody:

Those were rational and logical thought processes. I also thought about some of those and that is why this is a discussion forum. He may be wrong, indeed completely wrong, but he showed that he was thinking of possibilities. I will give you my personal experience. I was working for Glo sometime when information filtered in that robbers were operating at Oceanic Bank and that was around past noon. While we were discussing it downstairs at the time the operation was ongoing, i recall contributing to say that the only way a sensible criminal can expect to go with any loot from there was to come in with a speed boat, operate, leave, take cover around any of the creeks towards apapa/tin can and then speed away to safety by nightfall. I also said if i was the security chief in Lagos, i will use an helicopter to comb all the creeks and bushes around that arena. Guess what? the next day, the Glo CSO came to my office to tell me that 'oga, those thieves came through the water and left through the water, but policemen were busy mounting road blocks in and around V/I.' Am i a professional? No. It was just rational and logical thinking process. If you have suggestions, make them and appreciate it when others make theirs.

I hope i have stayed away from insult, please if you need to respond, kindly do same.
But why some of you no dey like abi fear insult? If you or una be be GEJ, you people would have bumbed the north east, Pastor Bakare, Amaechi, FFK, even Obasanjo, just name them. You would have also bumbed all apc members, particularly Lai Mohammed, Chief Akonde, their friends atc. As long as you remained a Nigerian, you must learn to bear unbelievable circumstances. Have you ever lived in Delta or driven a car in places like Warri? That is where you find higher institutions of insults. In every puplic forums especially in Nigeria where you find all sort of characters, you must bear it out. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
Marlboro1: Africa Online reports that the Alpha Jet (NAF 466) belonging to the Nigerian Air Force declared missing by the Defence Headquarters in its Adamawa State’s operations may have been sighted by residents before it crashed.
The plane was said to have crashed on Saturday at Gabun village near Gaanda, in Gombi Local Government of the state.
Local farmers in Gombi Local Government Area of the state yesterday claimed to have sighted an aircraft that crashed at a place near Gabun primary school.

The residents said they saw a ‘low-flying jumbo jet’ matching the description of the missing Alpha Jet after it disappeared on Friday.
Several residents of Hawul, a border town in Borno State, also said they saw an aircraft in military colours with green-red-stripes flying so low over the mountains as the plane’s doors were clearly visible.
The residents, who are predominantly farmers, claimed they were disturbed by the incredibly loud noise on Friday, with the plane travelling from north to south-east, towards Hawul– Gabun.
A witness was said to have noted that “I’ve never seen a jet flying so low over our mountains before. We’ve seen planes, but I’m sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.

How can such a small military plane be described as a "Jumbo jet " by d villagers.What will they call a plane like this?

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by BlackTechnology: 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
hardbody:

God bless you

One major reason Africa is underdeveloped is because most of our people rarely reason logically.

Thanks for helping me educate him in the school of logical reasoning.
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by martyns303(m): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
hardbody:

I respect it when people make reasonable statements. I had to take time off from what am doing and respond to you properly. from the scenario you illustrated, it does not require technical know how or a professional to give a possible outcome of the event. Now, even if someone wants to give a possible cause of this crash, it would make sense if the person at least have an idea of what he saying, which the poster lack. Speaking as a pilot with 2000 hours of flying experience (which is why what the guy said is annoying). let us look at what he said.

1) It was a deliberate mechanical fault and why didn't the pilot parachute out.

Response: Please. let him explain exactly how do a pilot carry out a "DELIBERATE MECHANICAL" failure. because I have been thinking really hard, the only thing I can come up with is if the pilot lowers flaps or undercarriage at a speed way higher than the recommended speed, then maybe the flaps n undercarriage can just snap off. possible, but illogical. maybe our technology guy can explain more. The second part of his statement says why didn't the pilot eject himself. lets see, so I sabotage a plane, then I sit quite comfortably and crash with it. sounds more like suicide attack to me. and how did the poster know the pilot didn't eject? do the poster know something the rest of us don't ?

2) the pilot was poisoned which could have killed him before his he thought of parachuting out of the jet

Response: I don't know what to say, I just had to laugh. well in a commercial flight, the captain and co-pilot usually eat different meal to avoid food poising. A poison that times him, let him get on-board. then incapacitate him just at the right time and prevent him from ejecting. Nice! really nice theory. well done my man.

3) the pilot intentionally crashed the jet especially if he is alive.

Response: isn't this theory supporting at the same time contradicting his first theory. wait! what is the difference between "deliberate mechanical fault" and "intentional crash"? Maybe in 1. the flight engineer messed with something. grin , now he his alive, thought he was incapacitated? oh! that was before the flight engineer messed with things. Right!

4) if the jet was releasing smoke before it crashed which is one sign that it was shoot

Response: Too much of Hollywood. what kind of smoke? because blue, black or white smoke could mean burning oil, fuel etc. (piston engine).

5) the villagers who saw the jet's door, actually saw the pilot.

Response: you cant see a pilot from the door but from the windshield front view. this one is even more annoying. even if the door is missing. u still cant see the Pilot from the ground.

1 Like

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by martyns303(m): 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
BlackTechnology:

God bless you

One major reason Africa is underdeveloped is because most of our people rarely reason logically.

Thanks for helping me educate him in the school of logical reasoning.

Before you run around feeling good about yourself. enlighten us about what I just posted above. and talking about schooling, lets say before you mention the first four best institutions in the world, you would have mentioned where I schooled. so watch it!
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by deletrue: 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Reference:

But what will have made you believe that a flying jet can be captured. How do you capture an aircraft in flight.

The locals also reported that it flew so low they could make out the 'door'. An alpha jet has no door. I suppose they mean canopy because the cockpit canopy is the object of intuitive attraction because the airmen are right there. If the pilots were visible through the canopy then the jet was within a thousand feet of the ground. That in a hilly area like Adamawa means one thing, crash.
interesting posts.
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
All fighter aircraft have ejection seats & parachutes! What happened to the 2 pilots? Alpha jets don't have doors, the cockpit glass opens vertically! Which open door did they see?
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by BlackTechnology: 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
martyns303:

I respect it when people make reasonable statements. I had to take time off from what am doing and respond to you properly. from the scenario you illustrated, it does not require technical know how or a professional to give a possible outcome of the event. Now, even if someone wants to give a possible cause of this crash, it would make sense if the person at least have an idea of what he saying, which the poster lack. Speaking as a pilot with 2000 hours of flying experience (which is why what the guy said is annoying). let us look at what he said.

Response: Please. let him explain exactly how do a pilot carry out a "DELIBERATE MECHANICAL" failure. because I have been thinking really hard, the only thing I can come up with is if the pilot lowers flaps or undercarriage at a speed way higher than the recommended speed, then maybe the flaps n undercarriage can just snap off. possible, but illogical. maybe our technology guy can explain more. The second part of his statement says why didn't the pilot eject himself. lets see, so I sabotage a plane, then I sit quite comfortably and crash with it. sounds more like suicide attack to me. and how did the poster know the pilot didn't eject? do the poster know something the rest of us don't ?

2) the pilot was poisoned which could have killed him before his he thought of parachuting out of the jet

Response: I don't know what to say, I just had to laugh. well in a commercial flight, the captain and co-pilot usually eat different meal to avoid food poising. A poison that times him, let him get on-board. then incapacitate him just at the right time and prevent him from ejecting. Nice! really nice theory. well done my man.

Response: isn't this theory supporting at the same time contradicting his first theory. wait! what is the difference between "deliberate mechanical fault" and "intentional crash"? Maybe in 1. the flight engineer messed with something. grin , now he his alive, thought he was incapacitated? oh! that was before the flight engineer messed with things. Right!

4) if the jet was releasing smoke before it crashed which is one sign that it was shoot

Response: Too much of Hollywood. what kind of smoke? because blue, black or white smoke could mean burning oil, fuel etc. (piston engine).

Response: you cant see a pilot from the door but from the windshield front view. this one is even more annoying. even if the door is missing. u still cant see the Pilot from the ground.

One of the reasons people fail exams is their failure to ask questions

Response to your folly

1) Yes deliberate mechanical fault can arise by those who serviced the jet especially if one of them is paid to do so.

2) It is no longer hidden that saboteurs exist. Therefore if the pilot is dead , autopsy should be carried out to find out if he was poisoned

3) Could the pilot intentionally crash the jet .? Yes if he is well paid. Do you think a pilot who sees BH as freedom fighters paid $1million to do so he won't do so

4) If a plane is shoot, sometimes you see smoke rushing out especially if its oil fuel or wires are hitted.

5) If you have ever lived in the North you will realise that a very low flying jet that is about to crash the pilots might be seen by those on a high mountain

Finally

If you lack logical reasoning as stated by hardboy, don't think everybody is like you.

As for you claiming being a pilot

Pls shut up because you do not know what I do. cool
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by IYANGBALI: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
ednut1: sabotage. the cabal eating d defence budget money dont want dis insurgency to end. dem don crash dis one. up next they go and acquire 1980s jet from Russian. collect der own share from the contract. yeye rolling
gbam
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by martyns303(m): 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Response to your folly

1) Yes deliberate mechanical fault can arise by those who serviced the jet especially if one of them is paid to do so.

2) It is no longer hidden that saboteurs exist. Therefore if the pilot is dead , autopsy should be carried out to find out if he was poisoned

3) Could the pilot intentionally crash the jet .? Yes if he is well paid. Do you think a pilot who sees BH as freedom fighters paid $1million to do so he won't do so

4) If a plane is shoot, sometimes you see smoke rushing out especially if its oil fuel or wires are hitted.

5) If you have ever lived in the North you will realise that a very low flying jet that is about to crash the pilots might be seen by those on a high mountain

Finally

If you lack logical reasoning as stated by hardboy, don't think everybody is like you.

this guy is a comic. well done my man. I have things to do.
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by BlackTechnology: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
martyns303:
this guy is a comic. well done my man. I have things to do.

Pls do not crash that toy plane

Next time ask questions for clarification before responding.

You even sound like people from one section of Nigeria who rarely reason logically on Nairaland which is one reason they are rarely heard in the field of engineering technology
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by martyns303(m): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Response to your folly

Finally

I was going to let u go away with your foolishness but since you won't just keep shut about what you don't know. Do you even bother to read what you type? you sound absolutely clueless and du.mb.

4) If a plane is shoot, [b]sometimes you see smoke rushing [/b]out especially if its oil fuel or wires are hitted.

the report clearly states the locals saying they usually see planes, but none flying as low as this one. if I had lived in the north? are you saying there are frequent low flying jets that are about to crash?

you made mention of people of a particular region? what region is that? talking about engineering. Is this one of your logics again?
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by oleeee(m): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
pictures please
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by rman: 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
martyns303:

Bulls Eye! [size=8pt][/size]
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by BlackTechnology: 2:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
martyns303:
I was going to let u go away with your foolishness but since you won't just keep shut about what you don't know. Do you even bother to read what you type? you sound absolutely clueless and du.mb.

4) If a plane is shoot, [b]sometimes you see smoke rushing [/b]out especially if its oil fuel or wires are hitted.

the report clearly states the locals saying they usually see planes, but none flying as low as this one. if I had lived in the north? are you saying there are frequent low flying jets that are about to crash?

you made mention of people of a particular region? what region is that? talking about engineering. Is this one of your logics again?

I thought you said you are busy

You are jobless

If you don't like my view present yours or keep quiet

Haba

You see me for dream

I hope when the investigation is done and it is reported that something fishy took place I hope you will apologize

In discussions like this , if you do not accept ones view, present yours. cool
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by martyns303(m): 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
BlackTechnology:

I thought you said you are busy

You are jobless

If you don't like my view present yours or keep quiet

Haba

You see me for dream

I hope when the investigation is done and it is reported that something fishy took place I hope you will apologize

In discussions like this , if you do not accept ones view, present yours. cool

My problem is when daft people like you start making daft assumptions and spreading false ideas. if someone like me don't stand up and correct your perceived wrong idea, others may soon buy into it and spread public fear. which in this case what you have said is that BH has infiltrated into the military airforce, by either paying a flight engineer or paying the pilot to crash the one instrument used in defeating BH. can you imagine the public fear your trying to create with your naïve idea.

come here and post one more of your false ideas or quote me and say bull, and I promise you, I won't stop digging until I find you.
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by meetgaya: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2014

I broke this news before https://www.nairaland.com/1903047/missing-airforce-jet-found
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Oga I too know...I'm sure the US have been able to locate their jets. Reverse is the case with ours. No debris has been found and its 2 days since the plane was reported missing. No info on its whereabouts too. So now tell me who posted a stupid comment? You or the others?

oga noticeMe, the US jets had a head-on collision with each other and crashed into the ocean. imagine that. two fighter jets with advanced avionics can crashing into each other. if it were in Nigeria, you all would start blaming your president.
in other word's, U posted a miserable comment. thank you
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by BlackTechnology: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
martyns303:

My problem is when daft people like you start making daft assumptions and spreading false ideas. if someone like me don't stand up and correct your perceived wrong idea, others may soon buy into it and spread public fear. which in this case what you have said is that BH has infiltrated into the military airforce, by either paying a flight engineer or paying the pilot to crash the one instrument used in defeating BH. can you imagine the public fear your trying to create with your naïve idea.

come here and post one more of your false ideas or quote me and say bull, and I promise you, I won't stop digging until I find you.

Why not send me your phone number let me properly direct you to my place of residence
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by NNEKA2015: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
k
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by hardbody: 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
martyns303:

I sincerely do not either agree or disagree with you, but i have heard you (having read your response). Have a brilliant evening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola / Alhassan Ado Doguwa Gets 7th Term Ticket / Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.