Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? (28647 Views)

The Secet Of Salatil Fatih Exposed / Al-fatih-ul-quareeb Forum! - Just Established! / Al-fatih-ul-quareeb Forum! - Just established! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Yustash001(m): 6:51am On Sep 15, 2014
Av heard some muslims folks saying it's bad to recite solatul fatih and to some it's good....so i need an explanation on this....
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Imat95(m): 7:58am On Sep 15, 2014
Firstly i wl ask u, is prophet muhammed that brings it to us, capital NO, so dia is a person called ibrahim niyass popularly knwn as tijaniya said he get an inspiration 4rm prophet muhammed, say he should be recitn solatul fatih, and all of us known dat dia wl be no inspiration after d death of prophet muhammed(saw) so prophet had brings urs wot we shall be doing,dat is solatul ibrahimiyah,so any people dat refuse dat he/she wl be recitn solat fatih and we had explain 4hm and stl stand still on it is a shirik.

1 Like

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Yustash001(m): 10:34am On Sep 15, 2014
Imat95: Firstly i wl ask u, is prophet muhammed that brings it to us, capital NO, so dia is a person called ibrahim niyass popularly knwn as tijaniya said he get an inspiration 4rm prophet muhammed, say he should be recitn solatul fatih, and all of us known dat dia wl be no inspiration after d death of prophet muhammed(saw) so prophet had brings urs wot we shall be doing,dat is solatul ibrahimiyah,so any people dat refuse dat he/she wl be recitn solat fatih and we had explain 4hm and stl stand still on it is a shirik.
hmmm....tanx a lot...i've neva heard of anythin lyk dat...
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
Yustash001: Av heard some muslims folks saying it's bad to recite solatul fatih and to some it's good....so i need an explanation on this....

There are two opposing view concerning as-salat Fatih.
1. Those who condemned it reasoned that it was not prescribed by the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household). They further argued that what is established from the prophet is Salat Ibrahimiyah : "O Allah! Bless Muhammad and the household of Muhammad in exact manner you have blessed Ibrahim and the household of Ibrahim..."

These group deem any other form of 'salat ala Nabiyy' apart from the one above as 'Bid'ah - Innovation' which will lead to hell.

2. The second group also believe in the above salat Ibrahimiyah and they practice it esp. during tashahud but also recite an additional salat Nabiyy called "salat al-Fatih" and it reads:

"O God bless our Master Muhammad (pbuh) who opened what had been closed, and who is the Seal of what had gone before, he who makes the Truth Victorious by the Truth, the guide to thy straight path, and bless his household as is the due of his immense position and grandeur"

My humble Opinion
A. Seeking salawat upon the blessed Muhammad and his purified household is commanded by Allah in the holy Quran. It carries magnificent reward to the extent that "whoever prays and did not salute and send blessing on the prophet and his household, his prayer (salat) is void" ~Imam Shafi'i.

B. When the command of sending blessing upon the prophet was revealed, the companions ask how to go about it and the prophet (peace be on him and his household) recommended "salat Ibrahimiyyah". The question whoever is can we compose another form of praise and salawat for Muhammad (peace be on him and his household) in addition to salat ibrahimiyyah?

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong in doing that so far we did not abandon the initial one!

C. Going through the text of Salat al-Fatih, every single verse of the salat is in perfect harmony with the holy Quran and the recommended salat ibrahimiyyah.

D. Those who say it is wrong to recite salat al-fatih because it was not established by the prophet (peace be on him and his household) himself should bring prove why they themselves practice the following while it can NEVER be established as practice authorize by the prophet:

i. "Allahuma sali ala Muhammad wa ala ahlihi wa ala as'abihi ajmain"
NB: what is recommended is the unbolded part. Prophet NEVER authorized the bolded part. We only use our initiatives to add the companions as a result of their selfless contributions.

ii. Saying of "RadiAllahu anhum/Ridwanullah alayhi" after the name of the companions.
Even the companions themselves NEVER practice such not to mention the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household).

iii. Praying of Tarawih.
Muhammad (peace be on him and his household) NeVER institutionalized it. In fact he kicked against it and the 2nd khalifa who institutionalized it called it "Bid'ah Hassanat (good innovation)". He never tagged it as "Sunnati Nabiyy (practice of the prophet)".

E. The grave danger and controversy concerning salat al-Fatih is when some of its adherents begin to insinuate and make juxtapositions that the 'salat' is greater than Quran or can replace obligatory salat etc.

Allah knows best.

Salam alaykum

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
Imat95: all of us known dat dia wl be no inspiration after d death of prophet muhammed(saw)

From where did you bring such idea?
Do you even know what "inspiration" is? If Quran says even the Bees receive inspiration from their Lord, how on earth will inspiration be ceased for human being

Imat95:
it is a shirik.

"O you who believe! Do not put (yourselves) forward before Allah and His Messenger (SAW), and fear Allah. Verily! Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing."
~sura al-Hujurat : 1

Do you even know what "shrik (polytheism)" is? Do not put yourself forward before Allah and His Messenger.

3 Likes

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Yustash001(m): 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
AlBaqir:

1. Those who condemned it reasoned that it was not prescribed by the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household). They further argued that what is established from the prophet is Salat Ibrahimiyah : "O Allah! Bless Muhammad and the household of Muhammad in exact manner you have blessed Ibrahim and the household of Ibrahim..."

These group deem any other form of 'salat ala Nabiyy' apart from the one above as 'Bid'ah - Innovation' which will lead to hell.

2. The second group also believe in the above salat Ibrahimiyah and they practice it esp. during tashahud but also recite an additional salat Nabiyy called "salat al-Fatih" and it reads:

"O God bless our Master Muhammad (pbuh) who opened what had been closed, and who is the Seal of what had gone before, he who makes the Truth Victorious by the Truth, the guide to thy straight path, and bless his household as is the due of his immense position and grandeur"

My humble Opinion
A. Seeking salawat upon the blessed Muhammad and his purified household is commanded by Allah in the holy Quran. It carries magnificent reward to the extent that "whoever prays and did not salute and send blessing on the prophet and his household, his prayer (salat) is void" ~Imam Shafi'i.

B. When the command of sending blessing upon the prophet was revealed, the companions ask how to go about it and the prophet (peace be on him and his household) recommended "salat Ibrahimiyyah". The question whoever is can we compose another form of praise and salawat for Muhammad (peace be on him and his household) in addition to salat ibrahimiyyah?

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong in doing that so far we did not abandon the initial one!

C. Going through the text of Salat al-Fatih, every single verse of the salat is in perfect harmony with the holy Quran and the recommended salat ibrahimiyyah.

D. Those who say it is wrong to recite salat al-fatih because it was not established by the prophet (peace be on him and his household) himself should bring prove why they themselves practice the following while it can NEVER be established as practice authorize by the prophet:

NB: what is recommended is the unbolded part. Prophet NEVER authorized the bolded part. We only use our initiatives to add the companions as a result of their selfless contributions.

ii. Saying of "RadiAllahu anhum/Ridwanullah alayhi" after the name of the companions.
Even the companions themselves NEVER practice such not to mention the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household).

iii. Praying of Tarawih.
Muhammad (peace be on him and his household) NeVER institutionalized it. In fact he kicked against it and the 2nd khalifa who institutionalized it called it "Bid'ah Hassanat (good innovation)". He never tagged it as "Sunnati Nabiyy (practice of the prophet)".

E. The grave danger and controversy concerning salat al-Fatih is when some of its adherents begin to insinuate and make juxtapositions that the 'salat' is greater than Quran or can replace obligatory salat etc.

Allah knows best.

Salam alaykum
walaekum salam bro....tanx...

2 Likes

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by atrix4g(m): 10:55am On Sep 20, 2014
Asalam alaekum warahmotlah, on the topic above, solatul ibrahimiyah is the prescribed solat and as muslims we should not believe dat we want to add to or dat wat we re doing isnt plenty enuf, lets stick to d recommended solat nd leave innovated ones. Some dont even know d recommended one nd dey do d innovated one like, plus doing the recommended one u get reward but doing the innovated one may not fetch reward since nobody can guarantee it. So its left for us to decide.

3 Likes

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
^Salatul Ibrahimiyyah is an excellent salat recommended by the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) to those set of companions who asked him how they will seek prayer (salat and baraka) for the prophet (peace be on him and his household) as commanded by Allah.

That doesn't mean ONLY salat Ibrahimiyah is VALID and no salat ala Nabiyy can be performed even if its not recorded in the book of hadith.

Here's a case:
In sahih Muslim book 007 number 2667 and 2668:

"Abdullah b. ‘Umar reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) entered upon the state of Ihram near the mosque at Dhu’l-Hulaifa as his camel stood by it and he said: Here I am at Thy service, O Lord; here I am at Thy service: here I am at Thy service. There is no associate with Thee. Here I am at Thy service. All praise and grace is due to Thee and the sovereignty (too). There is no associate with Thee. They (the people) said that ‘Abdullah b. ‘Umar said that was the Talbiya of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him).

Nafi’ said: ‘Abdullah made THIS ADDITION to it: Here I am at Thy service; here I am at Thy service; ready to obey Thee. The Good is in Thy Hand. Here I am at Thy service. Unto Thee is the petition and deed (is also for Thee)."

It is crystal clear from the above-quoted hadith that Abdullah Ibn Umar aside the Talbiyah of the holy prophet (saws) added his own wording. Has he perform bid'ah (HARAM)? Absolutely NO! The prophet (peace be on him and his household) open the door and give guidelines. Therefore formulating within this scope is no sin or offense.

Looking through different form of salat ala Nabiyy recorded in the books of hadith, the commonest inseparable ingredient in ALL is "seeking blessing for Muhammad and his household". Any form of salat without this is invalid. Sheik Nasir deen al-Albani stressed this in his book where he talked about 'salat ala Nabiyy'; suprisingly, he even criticized those who only say salat on Muhammad but not include his household.

Now looking at Salatil Fatih, every single content of this Salat has a reference in the holy Quran or authentic hadith; and it contain "seeking blessing for Muhammad and his household".

The controversy surrounding this salat is what we should condemn not the salat itself. Controversy like: its reward is greater than Quran or it can replace obligatory salat etc

2. The saying of RadiAllahu anhum or Ridwanullahi alehi after mentioning names of sahaba.

3. Tarawih prayer which the 2nd caliph established and tagged "Bid'a Hassana"

Those underlined phrases and practices were NEVER recommended or commanded or done by the holy prophet. Muslims formulated these themselves. This is however a slap to those who always label everything not recorded in their books of hadith, a BID'A and HARAM.

Note I am not of the opinion that salatil Fatih is superior than salatul ibrahimiyah. My point is there is NOTHING wrong with salat Fatih and besides those who recite salatil fatih never abandon salatul Ibrahimiyah esp during Tashahud in their daily obligatory and nawafil salat.

Wa salam

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by atrix4g(m): 9:12am On Sep 22, 2014
AlBaqir: ^Salatul Ibrahimiyyah is an excellent salat recommended by the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) to those set of companions who asked him how they will seek prayer (salat and baraka) for the prophet (peace be on him and his household) as commanded by Allah.

That doesn't mean ONLY salat Ibrahimiyah is VALID and no salat ala Nabiyy can be performed even if its not recorded in the book of hadith.

Here's a case:
In sahih Muslim book 007 number 2667 and 2668:

"Abdullah b. ‘Umar reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) entered upon the state of Ihram near the mosque at Dhu’l-Hulaifa as his camel stood by it and he said: Here I am at Thy service, O Lord; here I am at Thy service: here I am at Thy service. There is no associate with Thee. Here I am at Thy service. All praise and grace is due to Thee and the sovereignty (too). There is no associate with Thee. They (the people) said that ‘Abdullah b. ‘Umar said that was the Talbiya of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him).

Nafi’ said: ‘Abdullah made THIS ADDITION to it: Here I am at Thy service; here I am at Thy service; ready to obey Thee. The Good is in Thy Hand. Here I am at Thy service. Unto Thee is the petition and deed (is also for Thee)."

It is crystal clear from the above-quoted hadith that Abdullah Ibn Umar aside the Talbiyah of the holy prophet (saws) added his own wording. Has he perform bid'ah (HARAM)? Absolutely NO! The prophet (peace be on him and his household) open the door and give guidelines. Therefore formulating within this scope is no sin or offense.

Looking through different form of salat ala Nabiyy recorded in the books of hadith, the commonest inseparable ingredient in ALL is "seeking blessing for Muhammad and his household". Any form of salat without this is invalid. Sheik Nasir deen al-Albani stressed this in his book where he talked about 'salat ala Nabiyy'; suprisingly, he even criticized those who only say salat on Muhammad but not include his household.

Now looking at Salatil Fatih, every single content of this Salat has a reference in the holy Quran or authentic hadith; and it contain "seeking blessing for Muhammad and his household".

The controversy surrounding this salat is what we should condemn not the salat itself. Controversy like: its reward is greater than Quran or it can replace obligatory salat etc

2. The saying of RadiAllahu anhum or Ridwanullahi alehi after mentioning names of sahaba.

3. Tarawih prayer which the 2nd caliph established and tagged "Bid'a Hassana"

Those underlined phrases and practices were NEVER recommended or commanded or done by the holy prophet. Muslims formulated these themselves. This is however a slap to those who always label everything not recorded in their books of hadith, a BID'A and HARAM.

Note I am not of the opinion that salatil Fatih is superior than salatul ibrahimiyah. My point is there is NOTHING wrong with salat Fatih and besides those who recite salatil fatih never abandon salatul Ibrahimiyah esp during Tashahud in their daily obligatory and nawafil salat.

Wa salam
have u heard of the importance attached to it or wat is said as its excellence like, it has reward than the ehole quran 40tyms etc

1 Like

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 8:41am On Sep 23, 2014
atrix4g: have u heard of the importance attached to it or wat is said as its excellence like, it has reward than the ehole quran 40tyms etc

Please try to read through the lines. Here's my previous statement:

Albaqir: The controversy surrounding this salat is what we should condemn not the salat itself. Controversy like: its reward is greater than Quran or it can replace obligatory salat
etc

Salam

5 Likes

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Fundamentalist: 6:47am On Sep 29, 2014
AlBaqir:

My humble Opinion

iii. Praying of Tarawih.

E. The grave danger and controversy concerning salat al-Fatih is when some of its adherents begin to insinuate and make juxtapositions that the 'salat' is greater than Quran

^^^^^^^ People like these are the problems of the umma. its not suprising . what else do you expect from an innovator himself

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
Fundamentalist:

^^^^^^^ People like these are the problems of the umma. its not suprising . what else do you expect from an innovator himself

"Invite to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided" ~Quran 16:125

Salam

4 Likes

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Fundamentalist: 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
AlBaqir:

"Invite to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided" ~Quran 16:125

Salam

Only ignorant people would listen to you. I know you very well you are not ready to accept the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Fundamentalist:

Only ignorant people would listen to you. I know you very well you are not ready to accept the truth

"...produce your evidence if you are truthful" ~Quran

What you should realize is that you are not discussing with Albaqir alone. Thousands of viewers are reading so if you have any sensible counter argument, kindly present it and stop your whining.

2 Likes

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Fundamentalist: 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
AlBaqir:

"...produce your evidence if you are truthful" ~Quran

What you should realize is that you are not discussing with Albaqir alone. Thousands of viewers are reading so if you have any sensible counter argument, kindly present it and stop your whining.

I cant waste my time talking to you . I have done it in the past and it got me no where. You just kept beating around the bush. so i know what i am talking about. i only pity the OP whom like many other Muslims still don't understand the basic principles of Islam and why salati fathi is termed as an innovation in religion . As for you, i would prefer you to challenge me to a public debate/dialogue/symposium because here online, many people would not understand where u are heading to or what you are avoiding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 5:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
Fundamentalist:

I cant waste my time talking to you . I have done it in the past and it got me no where. You just kept beating around the bush. so i know what i am talking about. i only pity the OP whom like many other Muslims still don't understand the basic principles of Islam and why salati fathi is termed as an innovation in religion .

I'm missing something! I never knew its you:
Fundamentalist:

I meant that my former username was "sheykul islam " though i am no schoar just a student

So you are now fundamentalist? Ma sha Allah!

FUNDAMENTALISM
A usually religious movement or point of view
characterized by a return to fundamental
principles, by rigid adherence to those principles,
and often by intolerance of other views
and
opposition to secularism.

I initially thought you've gone to Iraq to give bay'a to AbuBakar Baghdadi. Anyway welcome back on board.

Fundamentalist:
As for you, i would prefer you to challenge me to a public debate/dialogue/symposium because here online, many people would not understand where u are heading to or what you are avoiding.

Oh sorry I don't dialogue with a "Fundamentalist". And besides you've admitted yourself once to be a F00L (your word).

Salam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Fundamentalist: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2014
AlBaqir:

FUNDAMENTALISM
A usually religious movement or point of view
characterized by a return to fundamental
principles, by rigid adherence to those principles,
and often by intolerance of other views
and
opposition to secularism.

From your definition being a fundamentalist shows strict adherence to religious beliefs which is an obligation on every Muslims. If the fundamentals of such a movement/religion/sect is good definitely its a good movement. If following the fundamentals of such a movement makes me a fundamentalist, then i am proud to be a fundamentalist Muslim and any body who oppose/reject/contradict the fundamentals of Islam intentionally for secularism is an apostate.

I have never supported the like of ISIS, BOKOHARAM or their likes who impose religion on others as it was not the practise of the messenger (saw).

Lastly, i have always being a fundamentalist

" O you who believe ! Enter perfectly in Islam(by obeying all rules and regulations of the Islamic religion ) and follow not the footsteps of shaytan. Verily! He is to you a plain enemy. " 2 : 208

IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE IN THIS VERSE YOU WILL NOT IN ANY WAY GIVE WAY FOR SECULARISM, CUSTOMS OR ITS LIKES IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE QUR'AN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Yustash001(m): 11:14am On Sep 30, 2014
Fundamentalist:

From your definition being a fundamentalist shows strict adherence to religious beliefs which is an obligation on every Muslims. If the fundamentals of such a movement/religion/sect is good definitely its a good movement. If following the fundamentals of such a movement makes me a fundamentalist, then i am proud to be a fundamentalist Muslim and any body who oppose/reject/contradict the fundamentals of Islam intentionally for secularism is an apostate.

I have never supported the like of ISIS, BOKOHARAM or their likes who impose religion on others as it was not the practise of the messenger (saw).

" O you who believe ! Enter perfectly in Islam(by obeying all rules and regulations of the Islamic religion ) and follow not the footsteps of shaytan. Verily! He is to you a plain enemy. " 2 : 208

IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE IN THIS VERSE YOU WILL NOT IN ANY WAY GIVE WAY FOR SECULARISM, CUSTOMS OR ITS LIKES IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE QUR'AN.
fundamentalist and Al-baqir....pls take it easy....some muslims will even barge into d thread and feel disappointed...

1 Like

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
Fundamentalist:

Ma sha Allah! You are here to tie yourself with a long rope.

If truly you adhere strictly to the core of prophetic belief and practice, why do you engage in:

1. Saying of "RadiAllahu anhum" after the mere mention of any sahaba after all the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) and interestingly, the sahaba themselves NEVER practice that?

2. Practice of performing 'Tarawih' after salat Isha in the holy month of Ramadhan. The holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) NEVER engaged or established that. Even the very sahaba (Umar) that established it never claimed it to be prophetic sunna rather, he called it "BID'AH".

These are just tip of the iceberg among the double standards of you guys "fundamentalist".

Your violent, abusive, insulting, and worst of all, 'takfirist' nature has no room in Islam or in the character of the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) that's why you failed to see the underlined part of the definition of "Fundamentalism".

Fundamentalist:

What is al-Islam? What is custom? What is secularism?

Before the advent of Islam, Arab is known to have a culture and customs. Evil customs are what Islam abolished, and okay some of the good customs of that society. Islam being a universal religion never impose Arabian custom or culture into the heart of other customs or culture. Rather Islam talks in a universal language that fit into every individual's respective customs and culture.

Unfortunately, people like you are so fanatical that you have mix Arabian customs and cultures to that of al-Islam while you see others who do not engage in that as 'kafir'.

I want to believe you have western education and perhaps dress western sometimes. Are those Islamic if truly you are "fundamentalist"?
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yustash001: fundamentalist and Al-baqir....pls take it easy....some muslims will even barge into d thread and feel disappointed...

Dear brother note that there are rules and regulations in the holy Quran for those who wish to abide by the guidance of the Quran. In this case (dialogue), Allah says:

"Invite to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided " ~Quran 16:125

"...produce your prove if you are truthful..." ~Quran.

These should be the watch-tower of every sensible muslim not otherwise: intolerance of other views, calling others names and condemning them to hell etc.
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AgentXxx(m): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
What a coincidence! first time i wld be on nairaland after a while....i bumped into a topic like this...Salam to every1 in the house @Al baqir...hope u been gud...
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Fundamentalist: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2014
AlBaqir:

Ma sha Allah! You are here to tie yourself with a long rope.

If truly you adhere strictly to the core of prophetic belief and practice, why do you engage in:

1. Saying of "RadiAllahu anhum" after the mere mention of any sahaba after all the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) and interestingly, the sahaba themselves NEVER practice that?

ok oo, lets start with this one, if you make a meaning response i will continue but if continue your old ways i wont reply .

" And the first to Embrace Islam of the a muhajirun and ansar and those who follow them exactly in faith. ALLAH IS WELL PLEASED WITH THEM AS THEY ARE PLEASED WITH HIM .He has prepared for them gardens under which river flows to dwell therein forever. That is supreme success " 9:100 .

If Allah says He is pleased with them and we Muslims pray Allah to be pleased with them, were is the doubled standard ?

1 Like

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
Fundamentalist:

ok oo, lets start with this one, if you make a meaning response i will continue but if continue your old ways i wont reply .

" And the first to Embrace Islam of the a muhajirun and ansar and those who follow them exactly in faith. ALLAH IS WELL PLEASED WITH THEM AS THEY ARE PLEASED WITH HIM .He has prepared for them gardens under which river flows to dwell therein forever. That is supreme success " 9:100 .

If Allah says He is pleased with them and we Muslims pray Allah to be pleased with them, were is the doubled standard ?

grin You got balls! So you know how to take a fast track bro! Mr man the question still remain: Did the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) or his companions EVER used the "radiAllah anhum" after the mention of any sahaba, despite the fact that they all read many verses in the holy Quran where Allah say so?

Did he (peace be on him and his household) EVER enjoyed muslims to do so despite the verse being revealed to him?

If you are truly "Fundamentalist", you will ONLY stick to what the prophet did not otherwise.
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
AgentXxx: What a coincidence! first time i wld be on nairaland after a while....i bumped into a topic like this...Salam to every1 in the house @Al baqir...hope u been gud...

Wa alaykum salam.
Thanks dear brother am good, praise be to Him. I hope you are fine too. Its being a while. Welcome back on board.
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Walexz02(m): 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
assalamualaikum.. i am adding to my knowledge here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by funsho4u: 8:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
ASSALAM ALAIKUM...HAPPY TO COME ACCROSS THIS TREAD, REALLY ENJOY THE DISCISSION. I SINCERELY WISH THAT OUR OTHER BROTHERS DO PUT THEIR OPINIONS TOO THE WAY BRO. AL BAQR DID FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHERS.
@AL BAQR, THANKS BROTHER FOR THE CLARIFICATION

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Empiree: 11:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
grin

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Fundamentalist: 6:54am On Dec 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

grin You got balls! So you know how to take a fast track bro! Mr man the question still remain: Did the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) or his companions EVER used the "radiAllah anhum" after the mention of any sahaba, despite the fact that they all read many verses in the holy Quran where Allah say so?

Did he (peace be on him and his household) EVER enjoyed muslims to do so despite the verse being revealed to him?

If you are truly "Fundamentalist", you will ONLY stick to what the prophet did not otherwise.
We have plenty ahadith were the companions used that term for themselves
Example

Ma'qil bin yasar ( a companion) said : I went with Abu bakr as siddiq, MAY ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM, to the prophet (saw) . He (the prophet) said: Abu bakr inward shirk among you is more hidden than the ant trail. Abu bakr said, is there any other way of associating than putting another god with Allah? The prophet (saw) said ' by Him who holds my soul in His hand, there is shirk more hidden than the ant trail. ( sahih)

This hadith was narrated by Imam bukhari in his book AL adab AL mufrad( no 716) in the exact wording of the companion. May Allah be pleased with him was said by the companions and their are a numerous ahadith with similar sayings. It was used by the companions during there lifetime.

I would advise you to make good research before making statements that will put you in trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by BETATRON(m): 7:42am On Dec 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

Salam
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 8:14am On Dec 19, 2015
Double post..
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 8:21am On Dec 19, 2015
Fundamentalist:

We have plenty ahadith were the companions used that term for themselves
Example

Ma'qil bin yasar ( a companion) said : I went with Abu bakr as siddiq, MAY ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH HIM, to the prophet (saw) . He (the prophet) said: Abu bakr inward shirk among you is more hidden than the ant trail. Abu bakr said, is there any other way of associating than putting another god with Allah? The prophet (saw) said ' by Him who holds my soul in His hand, there is shirk more hidden than the ant trail. ( sahih)

This hadith was narrated by Imam bukhari in his book AL adab AL mufrad( no 716) in the exact wording of the companion. May Allah be pleased with him was said by the companions and their are a numerous ahadith with similar sayings. It was used by the companions during there lifetime.

I would advise you to make good research before making statements that will put you in trouble.

First every hadith has a chain of narrator (sanad). Where's the sanad of the hadith above? Bukhari NEVER met any Sahabi.

For example, assumed this sanad:

A - B - C - D - E - Ibn Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him

Even if "E" happened to be a Sahabi, the main narrator of the hadith is "A" who is Never a Sahabi. Main narrators are the ones usually added "Radi'Allah anhu".

Second, even if a Sahabi used it after mentioning his compatriot, the fact still remain the holy Prophet NEVER used or commands it. Therefore it an Innovative act. Just like Tarawih which was institutionalized by Umar. The fact that he realized its not Prophetic Sunnah, he himself said "That was Bid'at hassana (good INNOVATION).

Third, nobody is against saying "Radi'Allahu anhu" after a righteous Sahabi and we do not consider it a Bid'a despite the fact that Prophet NEVER practiced or commanded it. We are only averse to your (and people like you) rigid ideology that "anything not practiced by the Prophet is Bid'ah".

3 Likes

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Fundamentalist: 9:20am On Dec 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

First every hadith has a chain of narrator (sanad). Where's the sanad of the hadith above? Bukhari NEVER met any Sahabi.

For example, assumed this sanad:

A - B - C - D - E - Ibn Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him

Even if "E" happened to be a Sahabi, the main narrator of the hadith is "A" who is Never a Sahabi. Main narrators are the ones usually added "Radi'Allah anhu".

Second, even if a Sahabi used it after mentioning his compatriot, the fact still remain the holy Prophet NEVER used or commands it. Therefore it an Innovative act. Just like Tarawih which was institutionalized by Umar. The fact that he realized its not Prophetic Sunnah, he himself said "That was Bid'at hassana (good INNOVATION).

Third, nobody is against saying "Radi'Allahu anhu" after a righteous Sahabi and we do not consider it a Bid'a despite the fact that Prophet NEVER practiced or commanded it. We are only averse to your (and people like you) rigid ideology that "anything not practiced by the Prophet is Bid'ah".

Your ignorance is quite glaring, so even after evidence is shown to you, you still deny, you're on your own?

" their are three things that destroy a human,
stingeness, following of desires and pride ".

Narrated by Abu hurrairah, bin abbas and bin abi awfa (sahihul jami'i no 1804)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? / Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead / Lodge Your Complaints Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.