Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,965 members, 7,799,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

A Little Here And There About Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Little Here And There About Health (3413 Views)

Why Is Our Government Quiet About Health Effects Of Cell Phone Towers? / There Is A New Product In Nigeria Now Which Deals About Health / Do Nigeria People Think About Health And The Type Of Food They Eat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 7:01am On Sep 15, 2014
Owk..nairalanders..i created this topic cos i noticed that due to my incessant surfing of the internet,i could do a lot by posting it somewhere and helping loads of people who might need help
note that the all you see here is authentic and reliable cos i never rely on one source

1 Like

Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 7:08am On Sep 15, 2014
lemme start with the ingredients to avoid in any product you use ranging from your bathing soap,your cream,your roll on,your powder and for the ladies;everything in your make-up set be it your lipstick,eyeliner,foundation,etc...it's important to avoid the things i'll state below as they are not meant for the human body but greedy manufacturers who know the implication on these things still put them in their products..please don't go buying stuffs without checking its contents and remember..wear only what you can eat..if you can't eat them,don't put them on

1 Like

Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 7:52am On Sep 15, 2014
THEY ARE::
retinyl palmitate
retinyl acid
retinol
triclosan
triclocarban
formaldehyde or formalin
toluene
dibutyl pthalate
parabens
PEG/cetearets/polyethylene
vitamin A
PETA
BHA
DMDM hydanton
musk cylene
alpha and beta hydroxy acids
fragrance
lactic acid
aminophenol
glycolic acid
diaminobenzene
coaltar
phenylenediamine
hydroquinone mercury
calome mercurio
boric acid
sodium borate
bronopol
propyl,isopropyl
butyl,isobutyl
quaternim-15
diazolidinyl urea
dimidzaolidinyl urea
hydroquinone
lead
methylchloriso
thiazolinone
benzisothiazolin
nanoparticles
oxybenzone
resorcinol
you can write this down and take it with you whenever you go shopping for your body products..hope i helped..u'd most likely see paraben in a lot of products but please FLEE FROM IT

2 Likes

Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 8:31am On Sep 15, 2014
Heres the ones i ommited..sorry..i wrote it somewhere else so didn't see it earlier
they are::
sodium laureth sulphate (this is however acceptable in hair products as they enhance hair growth)
dibutyl ethylene oxide
thimerosal
petrochemicals
placenta
diethylhexyl
methylparaben
ethylparaben
propyl paraben
butyl paraben

1 Like

Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 9:05am On Sep 15, 2014
Are you having problems with your hair??
are you suffering from severe hair breakage??
don't think cutting your hair and starting again is the best option..it isn't..cos there's always a solution to every problem
use the tips below to regain your lost hair glory
#trim your hair occasionally..not too much though..triming your hair prevents the organisms causing hair breakage to get to the root of the hair as they always start at the tip..so trim your hair today
#use hair care products containing sodium lauryl sulphate
#moisturise your hair regularly as this help your hair stay healthy
#let your loose..don't always tie your hair up as this leads to hair breakage..let it loose once in a while
#minimise heat..don't always use a blow dryer or any form of heat to dry or smoothen your hair..let your hair air dry once in a while..heat kills the cells of your hair thus enhancing hair loss
#eat lots of fruit..the food you eat actually affects your hair growth
#drink lots of water..a healthy body system makes for a healthy hair growth
#apply oil only twice a week..too much oil is not healthy for your hair
#wash at leat twice a week..a clean hair is a fast growing..dirt causes hair breakage..this applies only to when your hair is not braided though..
#use herbal shampoo..this enriches your hair
#wear cap..cap protects the hair from damage from the sun as sun leads to hair breakage

#If you want to go further,make this paste and apply to your hair
Ingredients you'll need::
avocado pear
olive oil
honey
shower cap
..mix all the ingredients in a bowl and apply a generous amount to your hair
cover with the shower cap and leave for about an hour and rinse
do it repeatedly for a more effective result

hope i helped

1 Like

Re: A Little Here And There About Health by tuwayz(m): 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
pweetyz: Are you having problems with your hair??
don't think cutting your hair and starting again is the best option..it isn't..cos there's always a solution to every problem
#trim your hair occasionally..not too much though..triming your hair prevents the organisms causing hair breakage to get to the root of the hair as they always start at the tip..so trim your hair today
#let your loose..don't always tie your hair up as this leads to hair breakage..let it loose once in a while
#minimise heat..don't always use a blow dryer or any form of heat to dry or smoothen your hair..let your hair air dry once in a while..heat kills the cells of your hair thus enhancing hair loss
#wash at leat twice a week..a clean hair is a fast growing..dirt causes hair breakage..this applies only to when your hair is not braided though..
#wear cap..cap protects the hair from damage from the sun as sun leads to hair breakage

avocado pear
olive oil
honey
shower cap

hope i helped

Hi, I went through your diary and I think its interesting, wud like to know u better, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: A Little Here And There About Health by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Nice one!

Please can you reach me via email. Thanks
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 9:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
We all know that pimples comes naturally with growth in some people..it is also as a result of dirt and the use of products with the ingredients mentioned above..even if your pimple is natural..it isn't advisable to just leave it at that..you have to do something about it and please do it the natural way cos "natural is safer and better"..
WAYS TO NATURALLY GET RID OF PIMPLES
#ICE-wrap in cloth and hold to affected area for as long as possible..please use a clean cloth so you don't increase your pimples rather than get rid of them
#LEMON-steam up your face and apply lemon juice at night..it can also be mixed with cinnamon to make a paste and applied to your face
#HONEY-apply on your face for half an hour
#WHITE TOOTH-PASTE-apply at night..please note..do not use coloured or gel-like toothpate
#STEAM-fill a container with hot water and put your face in to absorb the heat
#GARLIC-cut into pieces and apply to your face for 5 minutes
#BAKING SODA-mix with lemon juice and apply for few minutes
#PEPPERMINT-crush and apply to your face for 10 minutes
#CUCUMBER-soak in water for as long as desired and drink..you can also be grind and apply to the face for 15 minutes
#PAPAYA-crush and apply juice to the face
please note that this is no magic so would take some before the pimple is completely gone

hope i helped

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
For the ladies..it's no news that we tend to have stretch marks on parts of our bodies especially in times of pregnancy..the men are also not free as some of them have stretch marks especially at their shoulders..here are some ways to naturally get rid of stretch marks
#EGG WHITE-apply to affected area 3 times a day
#POTATOES-cut into slices,rub it over your body and allow to dry then rinse with warm water
#OLIVE OIL..just apply to affected area..vitamin E and castor oil works perfectly too
#WHITE SUGAR-mix with almond oil and lemon juice and apply to affected area
#LEMON JUICE-apply to affected area for 10 minutes several times a day
#SHEA OR COCOA BUTTER-apply to affected area many times a day
#ALOE VERA-apply to affected area..it can also be mixed with vitamin A & E and apply
note that it takes some time before they are completely cleared especially if u've got the black one..

hope i helped

1 Like

Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 10:38am On Sep 18, 2014
DARK UNDERARMS AND DARK PUBIC REGION?..yes..don't be shy about it..we're blacks and this is unfortunately common with us..dark underarms are actually an unpleasant sight especially with light-skinned blacks (nigerians,afro-americans,etc)..
we tend to get black underarms mostly because of the common mistakes we make..for example..we blacks tend to shave our underarms and pubic region..when this happens..we don't remove the hairs from the roots and the hair left tends to cause darkening..waxing is therefore the best option
the use of deodorants also darkens our underarms because of the ingredients used in making them and the ONLY acceptable deodorant according to my research is the D0VE deodorant because it is void of those darkening ingredients..it is however more advisable to go natural..i.e..make your own deodorant..this is not so difficult..you will find attached the ingredients and methods of making your very own wax and deodorant below..
if you already have dark underarms..here are ways to get rid of them
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by tuwayz(m): 7:49am On Sep 19, 2014
pweetyz: We all know that pimples comes naturally with growth in some people..it is also as a result of dirt and the use of products with the ingredients mentioned above..even if your pimple is natural..it isn't advisable to just leave it at that..you have to do something about it and please do it the natural way cos "natural is safer and better"..
#ICE-wrap in cloth and hold to affected area for as long as possible..please use a clean cloth so you don't increase your pimples rather than get rid of them
#LEMON-steam up your face and apply lemon juice at night..it can also be mixed with cinnamon to make a paste and applied to your face
#WHITE TOOTH-PASTE-apply at night..please note..do not use coloured or gel-like toothpate
#CUCUMBER-soak in water for as long as desired and drink..you can also be grind and apply to the face for 15 minutes
please note that this is no magic so would take some before the pimple is completely gone

hope i helped pls can I see ur pic?

Re: A Little Here And There About Health by tusharxp: 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
If you are a foreigner in Germany,or traveling to Germany there are a certain number of things you must do, one of them is to choose travel health insurance. If anyone wants to stay in Germany for study, job or anything else, they must get information about social insurance rules between citizens and Germany. Germany has some convention with other countries.In case you are lucky to find that your country has such a convention with Germany, then it is possible to use the current insurance you are using in your home country.You can find all information and helps about health insurance in Germany just visit http://www.covomo.com
If you are traveling to Germany this site will be pretty much helpful.
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 11:24am On Sep 22, 2014
So sorry for the delay..i has some internet connection issues

HOW TO GET RID OF DARK UNDERARMS
LEMON-apply lemon juice daily before bath..you can also add honey or yoghurt to lemon juice and apply..leave for 10 minutes and rinse
POTATOES-cut into thin slices and rub on your body for 5-10 minutes..you can also grate it then squeeze out the juice and apply for 10 minutes 2 times a day
CUCUMBER-mix lime juice with grated cucumber and tumeric and apply..it can also be cut into thin slices and apply to your body..you can also squeeze out the juice and apply
EXFOLIATE-mix lemon juice and sugar and apply for 5-10 minutes...you can also mix 1 table spoon of lemon,honey and grounded peanut and apply for 10 minutes
WHITE BAKING SODA-mix baking soda with water and apply
ORANGE PEELS-dry orange peels in the sun,grind,mix with rose water and milk for 10 minutes
SAFFRON-mix with milk and apply at night..leave till morning
MILK-mix with curd and flour and apply for 15 minutes
OLIVE OIL-mix with brown sugar..wet your skin and apply for 5 minutes
COCONUT OIL-rub and shower
VITAMIN E OIL-take from the capsules and apply
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
HOW TO GET RID OF DARK PUBIC REGION

LEMON JUICE-can be applied directly or mixed with honey,milk powder and almond oil and apply
CUCUMBER JUICE-it should be applied..slices can also be used
TUMERIC POWDER-can be added to cucumber or lime juice and applied
YOGHURT AND GRAM FLOUR-mix with tumeric and milk and apply
ORANGE PEELS-grind dried peels,mix with lemon juice and apply
ALMONDS-soak in warm water all through the night,grind in the morning until it turns into a paste;mix with little milk and apply at night..leave till morning
MINT LEAVES-emulsify the leaves and mix with an unscented skin cream and apply
LIME JUICE-make a flour paste with milk and lime juice and applty
TOMATO JUICE-mix wih oatmeal and apply..you can also mix grated tomatoes and lime juice and apply
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
RECIPE FOR WAX

WHAT YOU NEED
#sugar
#lemon juice
#honey
#wooden spoon
#water (optional)
#container for storage

put sugar to steam,allow it to turn brown
add lemon juice
add honey
mix with wooden spoon
add water if it is too thick
allow it to cool
store in a container and keep refrigerated

APPLICATION
apply powder to the area you want to wax
make sure the hair is 1/4 in length..you can use scissors to trim it before waxing
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
RECIPE FOR DEODORANT 1

WHAT YOU NEED
coconut oil-3 tablespoons
bakingsoda (white)-3 tablespoons
shea butter-2tablespoons
arrow root(optional)-2tablespoons
essential oils(optional)-2 tablespoons
double boiler
quart size glass mason jar
small saucepan
glass container for storage

PROCEDURE
melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler over medium heat until barely melted
combine in a quart size glass mason jar with a lid
place in a small saucepan of water until melted
remove from heat and add baking soda and arrow root(use more baking soda if arrow root is absent)
mix well
add essential oils
pour into a glass container for storage

RECIPE 2

WHAT YOU NEED
coconut oil-6 tablespoons
baking soda-4 tablespoons
arrow root or cornstarch-4 tablespoons
essential oils (optional)
bowl
fork
glass jar or deodorant container for storage

PROCEDURE
mix baking soda and arrow root together in a medium sized bowl
mash in coconut oil with a fork until well mixed
add oils if desired
store in the small glass jar or old deodorant container
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by MissyKwnly: 1:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
pweetyz: Are you having problems with your hair??

avocado pear
olive oil
honey
shower cap

hope i helped

av u tried it b4? did it work? wats it 4 sef?
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
MissyKwnly: av u tried it b4? did it work? wats it 4 sef?
..I have but not the paste..procastination hasn't let me do that..the others have been working so far cos i suffered from a massive hair breakage early this year,buh now..i'm getting my hair back..it reduces hair breakage and aids growth
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by MissyKwnly: 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
pweetyz: ..I have but not the paste..procastination hasn't let me do that..the others have been working so far cos i suffered from a massive hair breakage early this year,buh now..i'm getting my hair back..it reduces hair breakage and aids growth
aiit den. but u shud af tried it 1st.
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by Olarewajub: 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
Very educative.
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
d0n't drink water while eating..it washes away your saliva which aids in the digesting of the food you eat thus leading to incomplete digestion and bloated stomach..it is one of the reasons why people are pot-bellied.........simply wait till after your meal before taking any liquid

1 Like

Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
Olarewajub:
Very educative.
thanks
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 3:44pm On Oct 15, 2014
coca-cola has no place in the human body system..it is not at all advisable to take coca-cola..please stop coca-cola consumption today..its true
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by Javanian: 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
pweetyz:
d0n't drink water while eating..it washes away your saliva which aids in the digesting of the food you eat thus leading to incomplete digestion and bloated stomach..it is one of the reasons why people are pot-bellied.........simply wait till after your meal before taking any liquid

I can't seem to be able to do this. I can't take in a couple of spoons and not take in water, any idea why? But i disagree with you on the bloated stomach part, my stomach is as flat as flat can be grin
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by Javanian: 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
pweetyz:
coca-cola has no place in the human body system..it is not at all advisable to take coca-cola..please stop coca-cola consumption today..its true

can we get the source of this research? Just to satisfy the curiosity of skeptics like me. smiley
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
Javanian:

can we get the source of this research? Just to satisfy the curiosity of skeptics like me. smiley
..uhmm..dunno how to share those ishes..just google the functions of coca-cola to our health,food and drinks to avoid,etc....can't actually place it cos i've known this for a while now...just conduct healthy and unhealthy food related searches and you'd figure it out..thanks
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
Javanian:

I can't seem to be able to do this. I can't take in a couple of spoons and not take in water, any idea why? But i disagree with you on the bloated stomach part, my stomach is as flat as flat can be grin
..do you work out...like perform some sort of exercise or something
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by Javanian: 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
pweetyz:
..do you work out...like perform some sort of exercise or something

Rarely.
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
Javanian:

Rarely.
..hmm..then you're one lucky dude..its better to be on the safe side though
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by tuwayz(m): 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
pweetyz:
..hmm..then you're one lucky dude..its better to be on the safe side though
mehn.... Am still waiting for the mail
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by pweetyz(f): 6:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
tuwayz:
mehn.... Am still waiting for the mail
..sending it now
Re: A Little Here And There About Health by lillyjane(f): 6:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
pweetyz:
We all know that pimples comes naturally with growth in some people..it is also as a result of dirt and the use of products with the ingredients mentioned above..even if your pimple is natural..it isn't advisable to just leave it at that..you have to do something about it and please do it the natural way cos "natural is safer and better"..

hope i helped

For more natural home remedies and “how to" visit http://www..com/ you will get practical solutions to your skin problems (tried and confirmed by both the author and the readers).@

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Skin On My Hands And Feet Peels Off Every New Year / Herbal Medicine 4 Stomach Ulcer. / Increase Your Penile Size Naturally Without Any Drug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.