Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! (1756 Views)

Niim Or Pmp! / CAPM/PMP Certification Exams / Masters In Project Management At Unilag Or Pmp Certified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by Jesusbabygirl(f): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2014
Hello, good people of Nairaland. I am a 2011 graduate of met and mat engr. I have interest in project management, i am looking at positioning myself to fit into project management department where i work at the moment. During my NYSC, i took the a project management course with one of those organisations that offer subsidized rate for corpers. Now, i want to take the PMI course but haven gone through the requirements, i see there is a need for about 4500 hours of experience in managing projects which i don't have. According to PMI, what i qualify to sit for is CAPM. But my concern is i see a lot of people who i know don't have project management experience take the course, please is there something i need to know? . Please help a sister out. Thank you all.
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by Seened: 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
You mentioned that you currently work in the project management department of your organisation, didn't you?
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by manueljero: 10:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
What most folks with little experience do is "make up" project hours in order to attain the required 4500 hours. If you work in a project management office like you said, and the project team handles several projects while you are there, you can add those projects as part of your experience. I'm not asking you to cheat o cheesy
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
Is it not the amt of hours you tel them that they will believe. Na wa ooo. You know even jasi.
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by switlary: 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
Jesusbabygirl:
Hello, good people of Nairaland. I am a 2011 graduate of met and mat engr. I have interest in project management, i am looking at positioning myself to fit into project management department where i work at the moment. During my NYSC, i took the a project management course with one of those organisations that offer subsidized rate for corpers. Now, i want to take the PMI course but haven gone through the requirements, i see there is a need for about 4500 hours of experience in managing projects which i don't have. According to PMI, what i qualify to sit for is CAPM. But my concern is i see a lot of people who i know don't have project management experience take the course, please is there something i need to know? . Please help a sister out. Thank you all.

Hello Op, I just sent you a pm, please reply want to ask you some questions about project management. Thanks
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by temi4fash(m): 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
Jesusbabygirl:

Which one did you finally do ma??
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by Jesusbabygirl(f): 11:23pm On Sep 18, 2019
temi4fash:

Which one did you finally do ma??
PMP
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by temi4fash(m): 10:05am On Sep 19, 2019
Jesusbabygirl:
PMP

Can you guide me on how you went about the PMP certification?

Thanks
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by Jesusbabygirl(f): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
temi4fash:

Can you guide me on how you went about the PMP certification?

Thanks
Sure..send me a PM so we can chat offline.
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by temi4fash(m): 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
Jesusbabygirl:
Sure..send me a PM so we can chat offline.

Done
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by Jesusbabygirl(f): 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2019
temi4fash:
Okay

Done
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by temi4fash(m): 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
[quote author=Jesusbabygirl post=82382494][/quote]

Have not gotten any feedback from you yet
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by Jesusbabygirl(f): 11:13pm On Sep 19, 2019
temi4fash:

Have not gotten any feedback from you yet
I just got off from work.
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by temi4fash(m): 8:43am On Sep 20, 2019
Jesusbabygirl:
I just got off from work.

Do respond whenever you free to do so

Thanks
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by Jesusbabygirl(f): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
temi4fash:

Do respond whenever you free to do so

Thanks
Please can you resend it, my gmail seems to be turninownitown
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by temi4fash(m): 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
Jesusbabygirl:
Please can you resend it, my gmail seems to be turninownitown

Done
Re: CAPM Or PMP, Please Help! by eme2015(m): 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2019
Go for pmp

(1) (Reply)

15 Hard Lessons Everyone Should Learn In Their 20s / Transocean Rig Engineer Trainee Aptitude Test Format / Sap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.