Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

I Need Someone To Educate Me On Car Age Import Restriction. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Someone To Educate Me On Car Age Import Restriction. (754 Views)

Lagos Exempts Petrol Tankers, Trucks From Daytime Restriction / Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience / Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Someone To Educate Me On Car Age Import Restriction. by aAK1(m): 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
I've been seeing cars between the year 1996 /1999 and from all indication,they were Lagos cleared. I would want to know if the prohibition is strictly followed or is there a way around it?
Re: I Need Someone To Educate Me On Car Age Import Restriction. by bravolad(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
aAK1: I've been seeing car between the year 1996 /1999 and from all indication, were Lagos cleared. I would want to know if the prohibition is strictly followed or is there a way around it?

Your question in unclear. Are asking to know if you can import cars between 1996 and 1999? Or you want to be sure that certain cars of these years you saw were actually cleared via the Lagos port?

In any case, you can still import those cars and genuinely clear them through Tincan Port but with slightly higher import duty of N220,000 and N250,000 depending on your clearing agent.

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone To Educate Me On Car Age Import Restriction. by aAK1(m): 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
thanks.you just told me what I needed to know.
Re: I Need Someone To Educate Me On Car Age Import Restriction. by Nobody: 4:33am On Sep 16, 2014
Bravolad is right.

Just as long as you know that the vultures will hover once they know you need special assistance.
Re: I Need Someone To Educate Me On Car Age Import Restriction. by oluwaseunla(m): 5:36am On Sep 16, 2014
bravolad:

Your question in unclear. Are asking to know if you can import cars between 1996 and 1999? Or you want to be sure that certain cars of these years you saw were actually cleared via the Lagos port?

In any case, you can still import those cars and genuinely clear them through Tincan Port but with slightly higher import duty of N220,000 and N250,000 depending on your clearing agent.

Bro, you are absolutely correct. The only problem is I doubt if 220k-250k will be enough to clear those vehicles. From my experience since increased tariffs, '99 model cars cost around 250k-270k to clear, while 98 models go as high as 310k to clear because of the fine. That's why I feel except you are importing a classic, it's better to import a 99 model than the older model of a particular vehicle. I'm not sure it will be worth it at the end of the day.

(1) (Reply)

VW Passat 2003 / I Wanna Buy Mobil 1 5W-20 Synthetic Oil / Enquire About Nissan Xterra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.