Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Google Officially Launches Android One - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Officially Launches Android One (24596 Views)

How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One / MTN New Data Plan For Android One Phones - N500 For 1GB / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

Google Officially Launches Android One by luluosas(m): 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2014

The Android One entry-level smartphones that are supposed to offer users in developing markets a pure Android experience for a very affordable price have been officially launched in India, as Google is ready to offer first-time smartphone users, and not only, even cheaper devices than currently available. Most importantly, the Android One handsets will receive Android L updates in the following months.

“While 1.75 billion people around the world already have a smartphone, the vast majority of the world’s population—over five billion more—do not,” Google’s senior vice president on Android, Chrome and apps Sundar Pichai wrote in a blog post. “That means most people are only able to make simple voice calls, rather than connect with family through a live video chat, use mapping apps to find the closest hospital, or simply search the web. We want to bring these experiences to more people.”

The first Android One phones will be available in India from three companies, including Micromax, Karbonn, Spice, with MediaTek providing chips for these handsets. These phones will be available in local stores starting today, with prices starting at Rs 6,399 (or around $105), a bit higher than the “under $100″ promise made at this year’s I/O conference.

Google further announced that many other OEMs are interested in creating such Android One devices, including well-known mobile players such as Acer, Asus, HTC, Lenovo, with chipmaker Qualcomm also ready to provide chips for future models.

The Android One program will further expand to Indonesia, the Philippines and South Asia by the end of the year, with more countries to get such devices next year.

Pichai confirmed a recent report about Android L updates for the Android One family, saying that “Android One devices will be some of the first to be updated to the Android L release later this year.” Google has also worked with local carriers to ensure swift Android updates for Android One devices, revealing that updates will be available free of charge (when it comes to carrier-related data costs) for the first six months to Airtel subscribers. Furthermore, Airtel users will get an additional 200MB of free data for app downloads each month during the period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7UPR9z3OV8
http://bgr.com/2014/09/15/android-one-release-date-and-prices/

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by hawksford: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
Choi

Modified : i saw a front page shocked material dat was without comment and I decided to Invest cheesy tongue wink

And now Tz on fp with me being the ftc grin grin grin

May GOD continue to bless my efforts with success

Jah bless us all

@topic: nice idea expecting it in 9jah soon

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Exmay(m): 7:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hmmmmmmm... Wetin I wan write self . Anyway 3rd TC gringringrin.

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
I pray they reach Nigeria, then everyone can have a smartphone in our country. Like the android one idea. Android forever!

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by tegamarro(m): 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
Till then as for now me Shits on Tread.. Yagaaaa
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by honeyad(m): 12:12am On Sep 16, 2014
Apple beware!!

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by timilehing(m): 6:25am On Sep 16, 2014
Some techno-freaks be like, 'em gonna buy it as soon as that babe is out.

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Project400: 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nice one
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by gbaskiboy: 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ok I hear
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by CyberEBOLA(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
I will still go for gionee m2.

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Sharon6(f): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nice1
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Sagytarius(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
Just testing my NairalandApp on BB. Nofin more.

Its good. 3-Star.
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by phransix147(m): 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
When it arrives Nigeria let me know... Till then!
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by ichidodo: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
The beginning of the end of Android. .

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by datguru: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
For what naw undecided
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Wolison(m): 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
Really?
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
tecno is in big trouble.

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by constance500: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
Lemme order for one
Cheap devices are hardly useful to us power users.

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Chillext(m): 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
tegamarro: Till then as for now me Shits on Tread.. Yagaaaa

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by smallvilletolu(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Sagytarius(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
Awon Guyz booking space since 32BC
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by greatestman(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
How much is the price?

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by guruvick(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
Is ok embarassed

But we are waiting for BlackBerry Passport grin

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by bright007(f): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
stardragon: Ok
Exmay: K
gbaskiboy: Ok I hear
hawksford: Choi
guruvick: 1
Space booker association of nairaland

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by MizMyColi(f): 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2014

Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by scofieldsimba(m): 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
Is it affordable?
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Google Officially Launches Android One by easyflow: 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
We don't need smartphone, all we need is constant power supply to manufacture our own smartphones too.

16 Likes

Dear Tecno , Thanks But Your Phones Are Crap! / Specifications Of The Smartphone That Was Made Just For Hackers / Woman Pays For iPhones & Got Apples