Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) (55146 Views)

Indomie's Noodles Advert: "Mama Do Good O! And To Me! To You! Your Comparism? / I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies / Indomie Advert Is The Best Advert On Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by deebrain(m): 4:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hmmm i remember watching "Jesus of Narazeth" and "Rambo" on those Cassettes..... cheesy
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by oluwarotex: 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
they cant know atall.. moving on a jet age now
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Manazz(m): 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
We used that when i was a kid, So yeah.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
Walebakare: shocked just like this generation will not understand this too

Chai I remember wella , I once had a bet with a guy that I could rewind a cassette player with a pencil faster than the tape rewinder and I won the bet
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
princefunmi:

Dandy or Robotic chewing gum!

Baba dudu!!

Tandy Gurana! Gold Spot!! Parle Soda!!!

Ava Soap!!!

Elephant!!!

Olympic Exercise Book

BIG Exercise Book

Did you drink "Green sands shandy" ?
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
BlackSwede: Found this in my villa. cheesy

I do know well many have not seen these items let alone watched or listened to them. Only the 70's to the 80's crew must have.

So much advancement with time.

Oya wey d back-in-the-days crooners? how many of una fit mention 2 lead actors abi bozz for this film without asking google? grin

First blood na Rambo part one ( no be first blood part one ) , so it should be Rambo 1 : First blood , and na only Sylvester Stallone I know for the movie. King of New York na only Christopher Walken I remember ( I remember he was a drug dealer/kingpin in the movie )
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by lolaxavier(m): 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
I can remember my friend's dad thrashing him for breaking off the handle...
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Brite02(m): 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
chai i don miss something
it has tey cheesy
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by fridayj(m): 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
True talk..... undecided
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Ishilove: 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
voltron: Rewinder for VHS Cassette .. even the words Cassette is strange to indomie geneneration.. but I am from the Bazooka Joe and Raleigh Bicycle Generation.. you wan try? grin grin grin

So what are you feeling like? I'm from the Bongo Coffee, Tandi Gurana and BMX Bicycle generation angry tongue grin
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ishilove:
So what are you feeling like? I'm from the Bongo Coffee and BMX Bicycle generation angry tongue grin

Bongo coffee still fresh.. what about Boncafe and Chopper Bicycle and Hotel De Jordan or Jaguar Sitcom (my belle o,my head oh) or Ogunde Horror Movies at the Cinema

Have you used a Record Player before? I have grin grin where do you think the popular Radio call "Don't Touch that Dial" came from.. have you used a Trinitron Black and White UHF/VHF TV to watch NTV (Nigerian Television) before.? or Listened to BBC from a Record/Radio player see images below.. holla if you have wink

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by AudreyTimms(f): 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
kreamidiva: Malta biscuit.

If i can lay my eyes on one now....
Ahhh! I remember malta biscuit. So sweet. I tif money tire bcs of am! Baba dudu, lizard egg. Oyakaka, goody goody, planta to name a few.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Kunleskey(m): 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
It remind me of the cleaner.,.when am not satisfy with the cleaner i do use white cloth and kerosine to clean the vedio then..chai i don suffer
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by DaBullIT(m): 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
Chaiiiii.

That time my papa no get VCR na friend house I see this thing learn to use am. As we con get am later. Na me sabi use pass. He don tey too!
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Ishilove: 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
voltron:

Bongo coffee still fresh.. what about Boncafe and Chopper Bicycle and Hotel De Jordan or Jaguar Sitcom (my belle o,my head oh) or Ogunde Horror Movies at the Cinema

Have you used a Record Player before? I have grin grin where do you think the popular Radio call "Don't Touch that Dial" came from.. have you used a Trinitron Black and White UHF/VHF TV to watch NTV (Nigerian Television) before.? or Listened to BBC from a Record/Radio player see images below.. holla if you have wink
Grampa, sweeerve! The world is for the young like ME cheesy

I grew up watching Wonder Woman, Love Boat and Dempsey and Makepeace in our black and white President television. My dad had a record player that he used to play Cardinal Rex Lawson and Osadebe records on. As for the rest, never hoid of them grin
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by texanomaly(f): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
We have these in storage somewhere.

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Ologorione1: 9:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
prof800:
I hated it!

Ah!

I was the youngest at home then and my elder ones would ALWAYS ask me to do the rewinding... cry huh!

Those dudes can watch the same movie over again one million times. Then they'll ask prof800 to rewind "Equalizer 2000" and "Hard Way the only way" while watching "evil dead"for the billionth time. Frustrating. angry It made me develop hatred for re-watching movies to this day. angry Once I've seen a movie, that's it. Nothing will make me want to see it again cos I don't want to rewind it with this:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1706406_vhswinderf_jpegb00a0da0131b803a32c3aeeb765c9800

...before we bought this we used to use KNIFE to do the rewinding. angry angry sad
pinksure of d knife or it's a lie. At least op showed us pinksure. Lol.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
emmyrichie: grin Wow! Time changes yesterday. The first hug I got from my crush as of then was cos of this stuff.

She knew I wanted to tell her something, I knew she wanted to be with me...

One evening, even when I didn't ask to borrow it, yet she told her parents she was coming to give the rewinder to me. Once she was in the sitting room.
All we could do was stare at each other without a word.

Minutes later, her mum started calling out on her, shocked that was when we woke from our starring slumber grin it was too late to talk.

I was too nervous to make the move... But before she ran out, she pull me close and hugged me for 2 seconds.

sad I was disappointed, for I thought breast were supposed to be so firm as unripe oranges and her's was so soft.
I later asked my baddo cousin (my coach) and he told me that breasts are always very soft. shocked

It was in the year 1998. cheesy
Hahahahaha..... see super story
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by deavicky(m): 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ologorione1: pinksure of d knife or it's a lie. At least op showed us pinksure. Lol.
it is just a normal kitchen knife there is a button somewher at d middle just push the botton with a broom stick then start d winding with knife. I even use stick to do it those days

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by BlackSwede(m): 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
neoapocalypse:

First blood na Rambo part one ( no be first blood part one ) , so it should be Rambo 1 : First blood , and na only Sylvester Stallone I know for the movie. King of New York na only Christopher Walken I remember ( I remember he was a drug dealer/kingpin in the movie )

cheesy nice try for S. Stallone and C. Walken.

Well first blood or rambo all join. No be me label d cassette. cheesy

King of New york also had Laurence Fishburne (Matrix) and Wesley Snipes (blade)

The untouchables had Robert De Niro, Kevin Costner (The Bodyguard),
Sean Connery (James Bond),
Andy García (11 million ways to die)
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by nony0631: 10:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
How I wish I can get the pics of the then brown four legged television. Things are really changing
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by tolugar: 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
Chie.... I just remembered a hot sustained slap I got when I
Spoiled new "commando" tape due to over rewinding
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by texanomaly(f): 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
tolugar: Chie.... I just remembered a hot sustained slap I got when I
Spoiled new "commando" tape due to over rewinding

I never knew that a VCR ever came without a rewind button. Am I missing something? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by rastarman(m): 11:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
just feeling like calling Bro Busayo.... brother Rotimi etc. because of the borrowing of hand rewinder. is also an opportunity of visiting girls. borrowing cassette. oh boi small Pickens has committed so much attrosities in the name of borrowing hand rewinder. the disadvantage then was. if you de do over smart and over speed. thou will cut the tape of Cassette. which your brother will give you a big knock on the head. but I have so much to say on atrocities committed in the name of hand rewinder. just need to go for confession. make I go tell Reverend Father. end of story.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
BlackSwede:

cheesy nice try for S. Stallone and C. Walken.

Well first blood or rambo all join. No be me label d cassette. cheesy

King of New york also had Laurence Fishburne (Matrix) and Wesley Snipes (blade)

The untouchables had Robert De Niro, Kevin Costner (The Bodyguard),
Sean Connery (James Bond),
Andy García (11 million ways to die)

Yesss! Laurence Fishburn was in King of New York , I don forget totally. Never saw untouchables then

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by maxit2(m): 11:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
battyman: My late Dad's soul mate.
With this he could receive alien transmissions grin

I still have the Grundig in working condition.

GUY you be winch......
That line is Absolutely funny..... hahahaha
una too get mouth for this Nairaland...

Hahaha, Alien Transmission. hehehe.

CLASSIC!
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by getukudo(m): 11:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Una just wan mek dis children know say una don old Abi? Long before the rewinder came, na finger we de use rewind cassette Abi na tape for radio, wey men de use pen de rewind? Loool...oya mek una start to declare una age? yak mbre otongho!!!
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by getukudo(m): 12:00am On Sep 18, 2014
grin grin grin Yes I had the atari video game! O lord have mercy...Lol
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by bettes(f): 12:12am On Sep 18, 2014
This is a blast from the past,we had the eletronic one,reminds me of old movies like Sheena,American Ninja,Coming to America,Terminator,Robocop,Rambo,Conan the Barbarian,Beverly hills Cop,Trading places and plenty indian movies.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by khiaa(f): 12:12am On Sep 18, 2014
This is the first time I have ever seen or heard of a manual or electronic rewinder and I am 26, the rewinder was always built inside of the VCR.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 18, 2014
khiaa: This is the first time I have ever seen or heard of a manual or electronic rewinder and I am 26, the rewinder was always built inside of the VCR.

Wow, Are you for real?

I mean it makes perfect sense if you haven't used one before but seen one?... Lol I find that hard to believe considering your age. cry
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by khiaa(f): 12:44am On Sep 18, 2014
Ceasar1:

Wow, Are you for real?

I mean it makes perfect sense if you haven't used one before but seen one?... Lol I find that hard to believe considering your age. cry

It's true, my brother nor I knew what it was, everyone always had built in rewinders that was the norm. I never knew they made them without the rewind installed. I still have one now but it's the vcr/dvd player when they first came out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again / BBNaija: Mike 'Tacha Has Body Odour' / Eric Took Advantage Of My Weakness - Lilo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.