Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,124 members, 7,807,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays (1588 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by hippyj(m): 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
I was chatting with my friends on whatsapp,i asked one of them what she ate yesterday ( being Sunday) she said RICE. I asked another person and he said they cooked rice. After my questions,the answers showed that about 80% of the families cooked rice on Sunday.

Now my question to you is did your family (or you) cook rice on Sunday?

Does Sunday rice have special taste?

As for me,i like and derive joy in eating Sunday rice.
Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by Kanwulia: 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
They cook and eat rice everyday!!!

Welcome to TYPE 2 DIABETES and more DEAD BLOKOSES in NIGERIA and AFRICA!!!! kiss
Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tradition. Sunday was supposed to be special and in those days rice was a treat so parents cooked rice to give the family a treat. It has become a tradition till date in most homes even though rice is one of the most common food now.
Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
Kanwulia: They cook and eat rice everyday!!!

Welcome to TYPE 2 DIABETES and more DEAD BLOKOSES in NIGERIA and AFRICA!!!! kiss
I eat rice every single day and have been doing so for almost a decade and my regular blood sugar test always comes out normal. Sugar doesn't cause diabetes, it only aggravates it when present. Moreover, sugar in rice is natural sugar not processed one.
By the way, as at this morning, blokos was in top shape.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by hippyj(m): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
as for me,i like to eat rice especially on Sundays.till today,there is this special taste and joy i derives while eating Sunday rice.
in fact,there is joy in preparing the rice itself.
Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by Jennydoris(f): 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
I don't know why it's like that here in Nigeria but I think it has become a widespread or usual practice in our country. It has become a custom that every family cooks rice on Sundays irrespective of how it's been cooked. And seriously 90 out of 100 families are really enjoying it especially growing families, I mean families that still have little children with them. There is this joy that kids have in them on Sundays when their mum is preparing rice for the family, they will feel so bad to find out that they won't be eating rice on Sunday. They will be happy to eat rice in any other day of the week but will be very much happier to eat that same rice on Sunday. In fact eating rice on Sundays has become a norm especially here in Nigeria that it's only God that will explain why it is so. As for I and my siblings we don't get tired of eating rice in anyway it's been prepared on Sundays. But we do get tired of eating rice no matter how it's been prepared on festive periods especially on Christmas days. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by djeezy(m): 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
Haha. its like a tradition. Most families considered sunday special. It was like that for me while growing up until I got used to it. Wherever I am, I kinda expect rice on a Sunday morning.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by hippyj(m): 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
Jennydoris:
I don't know why it's like that here in Nigeria but I think it has become a widespread or usual practice in our country. It has become a custom that every family cooks rice on Sundays irrespective of how it's been cooked. And seriously 90 out of 100 families are really enjoying it especially growing families, I mean families that still have little children with them. There is this joy that kids have in them on Sundays when their mum is preparing rice for the family, they will feel so bad to find out that they won't be eating rice on Sunday. They will be happy to eat rice in any other day of the week but will be very much happier to eat that same rice on Sunday. In fact eating rice on Sundays has become a norm especially here in Nigeria that it's only God that will explain why it is so. As for I and my siblings we don't get tired of eating rice in anyway it's been prepared on Sundays. But we do get tired of eating rice no matter how it's been prepared on festive periods especially on Christmas days. grin grin

During my childhood days,in our yard then how rich your family is can be evaluated by the colour and quality of your sunday rice. if your rice no make sense,eat it inside your room.if it make sense,bring it outside and eat.
it was fun.
Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by pamcode(m): 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
we dont normally eat rice on sun bt bread and egg and i tink dat been dat pple dont want to miss sunday school and rice is one of d easiest food to cook
Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by Jennydoris(f): 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
hippyj:

During my childhood days,in our yard then how rich your family is can be evaluated by the colour and quality of your sunday rice. if your rice no make sense,eat it inside your room.if it make sense,bring it outside and eat.
it was fun.

Hahahahahahahaha! In our home we are not allowed to eat outside whether the food is well prepared or not. My dad is one person that is against someone eating outside when you can comfortably sit inside the house and eat your food. He is so strict that even to mingle with the kids from our neighbourhood is a crime to him how much more eating outside. My dear the day he caught me and my siblings eating outside at the balcony, he made us to receive some strokes of cain according to our age shocked shocked grin.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by Simpsonrocket(m): 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sunday is special and rice is special. So you should eat a special food on a special day.
Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by egopersonified(f): 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
Op, where bring the thoughts of sunday rice up on a monday? Now I'm hungry again.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 16, 2014
I cook rice everyday,while with mum,we eat rice everyday. So nothing special about Sunday.

Cooking rice only on sunday is for poor people,I'm not from a poor family.
Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by hippyj(m): 9:40am On Sep 16, 2014
Yomieluv: I cook rice everyday,while with mum,we eat rice everyday. So nothing special about Sunday.

Cooking rice only on sunday is for poor people,I'm not from a poor family.

hmmmm,i think you did not read the post well. it did not say people eat rice only on Sundays but Sunday rice is sweet and there is joy in eating it.
for your mind your family is rich,right?
Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by Nmeri17: 1:49am On Sep 17, 2014
Kanwulia:

issseeeeeeeee kiss

good morning onye uwa smiley
Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by sheniqua: 11:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
Na beans we go cook?
Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by Stillfire: 12:02am On Sep 21, 2014
sheniqua: Na beans we go cook?

Lollllllllllllllllllllll.
Re: Why Do Most Families In Nigeria Like To Cook Rice On Sundays by coldgate(f): 9:23am On Sep 21, 2014
Na indomie! sad

(1) (Reply)

Minimum 35 Ways To Respect Your Parents. [must Read] / 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. / Is It Right For A Man To Show Too Much Love To His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.