Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,676 members, 7,801,949 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) (45015 Views)

Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / Throwback: Do You Remember This Television / Who Can Remember This Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by seankay(m): 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
I want those days back! angry dats y I kush, Its good for retro
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
I tink dis a lil recent tongue
i used a different one-groved and not as 'tall' as dis.(green color)
D day i misplaced it...see beating cheesy
Na those days of Cortina shoe. #Memoriescry

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by vizboy(m): 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
sorry na pure water bottle I carry go school

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by nickz(m): 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
i hated taking water bottles to school!!angry
and food too,my mum/aunt always forced me

even till ss1
that tin disgrace me tire

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by Rooneyboy(m): 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
FrancisTony: All these Igbotic and northern schools. angry

We didn't use or know it here in the west. undecided

we understand !

it was the butters' that used it, peeps that went to amukoko / bariga community secondary school will know little or nothing about the flask

6 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
Youngsage: Hehehe... So who else remembers this bottle from primary school? It was so common, almost every kid had one! grin I don't think it's still available now though. Do you? Let's bring back those memories! cheesy
yes now..that we use to hold hands when going to school grin
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
Rooneyboy:

we understand !

it was the butters' that used it, peeps that went to amukoko / bariga community secondary school will know little or nothing about the flask
loling...what are you insinuating?? tongue
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by kobonaire(m): 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
@Rooneyboy, I agree oh .... this is the only 'bottle' I sabi from early school days ....
grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by zubyzoe(f): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2014

lol..wat den did u use 2 put water?..calabash or celephane bag? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by mekuzee1(m): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hmmm...I did nt even use water bottle throughout my primary school..nah pure-water tins..
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by akpanikpe(m): 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
Lols, always finish everything b4 getting to school.
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by gsparks01(m): 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
av never seen it until now... twas not common down here
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
Lol...had something similar. Mine was more stylish though. I still remember the smell of my lunch box. And how much I loved Ribena.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by happykidArotiba(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
I used it so well. dat I almost turned it to a *safe. coz I felt twas too secured
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by erico2k2(m): 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
FrancisTony:

Shush! I am not a tribalist. I say the plain truth. angry

Even if they used it in the west, maybe nah those local schools tongue(no offence smiley)

Last bullet- Privileged kor, Privileged ni. undecided
Brov to use these back in the days was a privilege, cos you need to have extra food and water to put in those, to have one,if you cant afford xtra you wont need one then your throat would be dry during breaks cos then pure water no de exist sef
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by piagetskinner(m): 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hehe...had something similar to this several years ago...I think twas was blue or somfin...#one day I left it in school,and when I returned it wasn't there anymore
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by chukkystar(m): 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2014

Dundiii... How does dat concern tribe I skooled in Lag, and dat stuff was almost everywhere back thenn

5 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by condralbede(m): 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
zubyzoe: lol..wat den did u use 2 put water?..calabash or celephane bag? undecided
Help me ask the dude oh.
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by Atmmachine(m): 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
So this topic made front page ??
I will delete my Nairaland account
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by Malakh: 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
yes i do,e plenty for tejuosho market then
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by prettyamanda(f): 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
Youngsage:

HuH? you may want to re-read that again. No school was mentioned, so why the tribal references? undecided
By the way, are you really sure you schooled in the 'west'? You sound pained grin grin grin

It was very common, trust me.
twas very common jor u sure say u go sch atall?
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by Olue3: 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
I can rmber primary school life

#Story4DGod
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by upmanagers: 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2014

>:/ Make o hear am. I schooled in lagos n I can assure you that I used this water bottle.
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by kika23(f): 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
I used it..... Awww! There was this one that was double, same bottle though. One for tea or juice, the other for water... smiley smiley it's still available...

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by Umennajiego(m): 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2014

Ogaade wet in happen them treat your Bleep up way u dey vex like dis(easterner and northerners)
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by Tourshaw: 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
PLEASE HELP ME
A friend of mine who is also a Nairalander like meadvised me to write it here hoping 4 ur consideration for front page.

I was given admission this year into University of Ilorin, thank God and I pray that those of u expecting d subsequent lists wil see ur names there Insha Allah. However, d troubles am battling with is money. I resorted to this, as d last surviving means after my countless unyielding trials. I am cocksure the comments box wil be full of unending insults and abusive languages of all sorts from many and at the sametime am also sure some wil believe me and undastand my plight. However, one thing is tha, I never think of coming up with dis, infact, i found it embarrassing and disgusting asking for help from people who didn'nt know me buh I just took d courage, endurance and perseverance to write it as advised by a friend of mine who said in Yoruba aphorism tha "Ai le soro ni ibere oriburuku"
I am a guy who struggles all alone to make my educational pursuit comes to reality cos I am from a poor family. No, sorry, a very poor family i mean. Mind u, it is not that I am mocking my family, it is jst dah it is like dat, God wants it. When I saw d message of Unilorin admission, there were mixed reactions that day; I was so happy because I have been trying to get it 4 d past 3years with no luck likewise I was very sad and perplexed about the money that wil be involved. Knowing my background fully well, I have gone to the nook and cranny where my relatives are, no luck. I was advised to write to a d counsellor 0f my area, a commissioner which i did but no luck rather. Well-to-dos, same story.
What next?
I even try if I could get a loan buh no security. These are the things I hav been doing since.
U may want to ask, didn't I know am going to pay before? Hmmmn... Yes, i knw buh I am a primary sch teacher whose earning is very small. We all know most of these private schools are jst all about exploiting their teachers. Private teachers especially in Ilorin will understand me better. And d little of my salary are d ones used to register WAEC, JAMB and POSTJAMB. However, my uncle who could and promised me to take care of d money died in a fatal accident last year... so sad 4 his demise. MHSRIP...sobs little... That is y things fall apart like this.
I am using this post to summon d general public to solicit for their help because I haven't paid anything and the admission is on the threshold of forfeit in 4days time. (September 21)
In case u want me to meet u I can come anywhere within Ilorin. And I hope dah one day I wil repay ur kindness gestures.
Thanks for ur anticipated help, care, concern and undastanding.
For ur thorough verification, u can log on to Unilorin website with my details to confirm.

Reg No: 47115637de
surname: abdulkareem
school website: www.unilorin.edu.ng

FOR HELP

ABDUL RASAQ MUHAMMAD SOLIHU
ACCT NO 0034496928 GTBANK
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by zzybaby: 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
If I hear say e no dy market uptil now......... E still nyapa for mar ket jor
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
Youngsage: Hehehe... So who else remembers this bottle from primary school? It was so common, almost every kid had one! grin I don't think it's still available now though. Do you? Let's bring back those memories! cheesy

Awwww, I remember!

This is what I would carry along with my flask, waiting for break time:

[img]http://walep.files./2012/03/okin.jpg[/img]

16 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by MizMyColi(f): 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
I desired it, but couldn't have one at the time. angry

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by soldierdollar(m): 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2014

Guy go buy yourself one of those bottles. You need it grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by sparkleboy(m): 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
Memories of those fights with your seatmate.... grin grin
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) by piagetskinner(m): 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
nickz: i hated taking water bottles to school!!angry
and food too,my mum/aunt always forced me

even till ss1
that tin disgrace me tire
ROTFL..me too. I used mine till jss2#that thin can b so embarrassing with classmates making jest of ones food

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If You Were The One Marking This Waec Paper Would You Do? / Mass Communication Student's Project On Ganduje Bribery Video / Hnd Is Now B.tech Degree In All Nigerian Polytechnics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.