Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T (1280 Views)

Major Web Browsers Keyboard Shortcuts You Should Know / "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help / Deleted Files On A PC: Where Do They Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by jaymezzz(m): 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Please Any One who Has Experienced a similar Problem Should Please Help Me out Here!!...Am now scared to Plug anythin to My Laptop because If i do...The files would be unable to open oNce i unplug the removable disk
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by Burger01(m): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ogbeni, you have virus on the removable disk. The shortcuts are shortcuts to the original files still non the removable disk and hidden.

Delete the shortcuts. Navigate yourself to 'folder Options' , click on 'folder View' tab or something, then select 'show hidden folder' and commit the action. Now go back to d removable disk. You would see the hidden original files. Copy all to another medium. Or select all files and edit the properties by unhidden. Copy all files to another medium. Reformat the removable disk. Make sure you copied all d files.. Abeg make sure you don't format your system hard disk o cheesy.. I won't be held liable for that..
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by jaymezzz(m): 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
Dont You Think Its from the laptop it self?...Cos I also Tried a New Memory Card But it Still Turned the sent files To shortcut oo
Burger01: Ogbeni, you have virus on the removable disk. The shortcuts are shortcuts to the original files still non the removable disk and hidden.

Delete the shortcuts. Navigate yourself to 'folder Options' , click on 'folder View' tab or something, then select 'show hidden folder' and commit the action. Now go back to d removable disk. You would see the hidden original files. Copy all to another medium. Or select all files and edit the properties by unhidden. Copy all files to another medium. Reformat the removable disk. Make sure you copied all d files.. Abeg make sure you don't format your system hard disk o cheesy.. I won't be held liable for that..
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by Burger01(m): 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
OK, if that's so. Your system is infected. What OS are u using? U are infected with Win32 virus..
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by Burger01(m): 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
Try this thread. It should help. If not we shall trash it out.

https://www.nairaland.com/981237/how-remove-win32-virus-turns
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by Burger01(m): 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by jaymezzz(m): 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
I'm using Windows 7...If that so...what Can I do To Flush Tha Thin Out Please?
Burger01: OK, if that's so. Your system is infected. What OS are u using? U are infected with Win32 virus..
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by Vstuffs(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Follow the guides by the first poster to recover your files....then start task manager...locate win32 in the process(names differ)...and end task...the virus is usually store in a .php or .vbs format(you will see it after un hiding the files)delete it

At op kindly post a screenshot of your task manager showing the all process tab..before you end any end
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by Burger01(m): 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
jaymezzz: I'm using Windows 7...If that so...what Can I do To Flush Tha Thin Out Please?
You are getting more help here. Follow the guides and follow vstuffs.. Cheers.
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by Burger01(m): 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
jaymezzz: I'm using Windows 7...If that so...what Can I do To Flush Tha Thin Out Please?
You are getting more help help here. Follow the guides and follow vstuffs.. Cheers.
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by sunnedee: 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
Get an antivirus .....preferably avast 9 .....and run the setup from a CD (why?) Cos it will also get corrupted if run from USB flash ....
Then do a boot time scan... Delete all infections

Lobatan...
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by jaymezzz(m): 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
Dude!..Herez The Screenshot..Thanks
Vstuffs: Follow the guides by the first poster to recover your files....then start task manager...locate win32 in the process(names differ)...and end task...the virus is usually store in a .php or .vbs format(you will see it after un hiding the files)delete it

At op kindly post a screenshot of your task manager showing the all process tab..before you end any end

Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by jaymezzz(m): 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
ThanKs Alot Man..You've realy been of great help
Burger01:
You are getting more help here. Follow the guides and follow vstuffs.. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by Vstuffs(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
Scroll down let me see the remaining process
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by jaymezzz(m): 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tha rest
Vstuffs: Scroll down let me see the remaining process

Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by dazsolution(m): 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
That's is work of RECYCLER VIRUS

Only Solution: Use a strong ANTIVIRUS . Quickheal Antivirus is recommended, even the unregistered version of it will get rid of the stubborn virus.
Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by Vstuffs(m): 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
jaymezzz: Tha rest
end the wscript.exe(that is the problem)

Follow this guide to delete all remaining process of wscript
http://blog.vilmatech.com/fix-wscript-exe-problems-wscript-exe/

1 Like

Re: Help!..files On Removable Disk Turn To Shortcuts Automaticaly When Pluugged In T by jaymezzz(m): 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
Guy!..Thanks Alot Oo...You've realy Made Me happy Thiz Night..ThanKs Man I appreciate.

And Thanks To Everybody else Who Contrubuted to all These grin....One Love!!
Vstuffs: end the wscript.exe(that is the problem)

Follow this guide to delete all remaining process of wscript
http://blog.vilmatech.com/fix-wscript-exe-problems-wscript-exe/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean And Perfectly Working Hp Pavilion 15 Is For Sale In Lagos SOLD SOLD / ✈✳✅ 2018 Dell Latitude E3400 Core I5 8th Generation 512gb Ssd 8gb Ram / I Need To Buy Original Antivirus Packages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.