Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 (1221 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Presidency In Dilemma Over Four Gov's Secret Alliance With APC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by mmb(m): 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
What is your view or opinion if Dangote decides to vie for Nigeria's presidency in 2019?
Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by SirElaw(m): 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
Running a country is very different from running a company. I state categorically that if elected, Aliko Dangote will make a terrible president.
Sadly, if he decides to contest, with the amount of money he controls and seeing as our political scene is structured, he will most likely win.

1 Like

Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by iamodenigbo1(m): 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
but if he fails,na his downfall be that,his opponent will set up statues that will ruin his business
Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by reedbam: 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
Too risky for business, men like them are behind the scene, they literally govern us undecided
Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by makazona(m): 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
that'll b good.at least the money in his account will circulate small

but HE WONT WIN
Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by BlackTechnology: 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
Economically we will experience changes but politically he might fail.

Anyway I will give him my vote to see if he will get us moving

1 Like

Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
Its one thing to be a businessman and another thing to be a politician........ I advice in his best interest he should stick to what he knows how to do best.........

Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by Orunto: 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
Business is a Profession. Politics is a separate Profession. Dangote must learn Politics and pass so that he does not sell Nigeria to the highest bidder in heaven and on earth undemocratically. If wishes were horses beggers would ride.
Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
For now he is the only Hausa Fulani man that is worthy of the Presidency!

I hope he runs in 2019

People will vote him across the country!

He has a clear track record of what he has done! I think he is the one person who can build up Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by mmb(m): 7:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
mikeansy: For now he is the only Hausa Fulani man that is worthy of the Presidency!

I hope he runs in 2019

He has a clear track record of what he has done! I think he is the one person who can build up Nigeria!

Abi

2 Likes

Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
Aliko Dangote is not a rocket scientist nor a genius and may be anybody can succeed if Government policies are modelled around their business interest!

That said Dangote must be respected for believing in himself and believing in Nigeria and investing in Nigeria. Say what you like about him but he has spent his time building a conglomerate in Nigeria and across Africa when he could have simply used his political contacts to loot Nigeria and bank the money in Switzerland.

I will like to see a reduction in the monopoly he enjoys but I respect what he has done and respect how he has government after government divorced his business operation from politics! He is smart and pragmatic enough to support any government in power no matter which part of the country they come from and this I think is the genius of Aliko Dangote!

If he runs in 2019, he has my vote!

The only request I will make is that he stick to his business suits and not start wearing sleeping gowns that puts naija leaders to sleep in the name of culture!

1 Like

Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by Mogidi: 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
Dangote is one man that could bridge the north/south dichotomy if he ventures into politics.
I can see myself voting for him after 2019, for now he should work with PDP to capture Northern votes and he's good to go.

1 Like

Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by publicenemy(m): 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
He governs this country now.

Take it or leave it.
Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by mmb(m): 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
Mogidi: Dangote is one man that could bridge the north/south dichotomy if he ventures into politics.
I can see myself voting for him after 2019, for now he should work with PDP to capture Northern votes and he's good to go.
Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by wirinet(m): 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
As much as i admire Dangote and what he has achieved, i do not think he is the kind of president we need now. The two greatest theats to Nigeria at the moment are corruption and insurgency, so we need a president who has the character tp tackle these problems head on. Buhari has these attributes but i he is now too old and has compromised with some corrupt politicians. Ribadu also has these attributes but he is too Naive to navigate the murky waters of Nigerian politics. I wish Tunde Idiagbon was alive, i am certain he can get Nigeria back on the right path.

Right now i honestly cant think of a suitable president for Nigeria, all the available options are part of the problem including Goodluck Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by UnknownT: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
mikeansy: For now he is the only Hausa Fulani man that is worthy of the Presidency!

I hope he runs in 2019

He will become richer than Nigeria, and will monopolize every every. Its like adding Nigeria to his chains of businesses I can't see myself voting for him 2019, its better as he works behind the scene supporting any government in power than him supporting himself in power

1 Like

Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
wirinet: As much as i admire Dangote and what he has achieved, i do not think he is the kind of president we need now. The two greatest theats to Nigeria at the moment are corruption and insurgency, so we need a president who has the character tp tackle these problems head on. Buhari has these attributes but i he is now too old and has compromised with some corrupt politicians. Ribadu also has these attributes but he is too Naive to navigate the murky waters of Nigerian politics. I wish Tunde Idiagbon was alive, i am certain he can get Nigeria back on the right path.

Right now i honestly cant think of a suitable president for Nigeria, all the available options are part of the problem including Goodluck Jonathan.

Don't spoil the thread with Buhari talk abeg. The man na bad news!
Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by wirinet(m): 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
mikeansy:

Don't spoil the thread with Buhari talk abeg. The man na bad news!

Whether you accept it or not Buhari has more integrity than anyone you have ever known or met. He has his flaws of course but stealing public funds (which incidentally is not corruption) is not one of them.

1 Like

Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
wirinet:

Whether you accept it or not Buhari has more integrity than anyone you have ever known or met. He has his flaws of course but stealing public funds (which incidentally is not corruption) is not one of them.

Lol
Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by mmb(m): 3:14am On Sep 16, 2014
Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by mmb(m): 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
BlackTechnology: Economically we will experience changes but politically he might fail.

Anyway I will give him my vote to see if he will get us moving
Re: If Aliko Dangote Contest For Presidency In 2019 by mmb(m): 11:15am On Dec 19, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Kwakwanso Blasts Jonathan For Seized $15m / My Problem With The Jonathanians / Orubebe’s Hired Crowd Turns Against Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.