Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,733 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Distance Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distance Relationships (1131 Views)

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distance Relationships by boleswagg: 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
All nairalanders talk about is how to get your ex and ex and ex boyfriend back, what if we talk or you share your view on how you are handling your distant relationship to make it full of fun and be romantic just as if you are together.
My baby is so far away, i know am not the only one in this situation please friends share your view,what do u do when you miss them?or you see your friends with his or her own baby?....
Re: Distance Relationships by PrinceCharmiing(m): 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
undecidedDistant relationship can work out tho! Just that a matured lady would be involved with understandings.
Re: Distance Relationships by Tinalex(f): 7:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
I am currently in one right now and its so so annoying. its a cold and lonely relationship. i won't advice someone i care bout to even try it. God help me!!! undecidedI am currently in one right now and its so so annoying. its a cold and lonely relationship. i won't advice someone i care bout to even try it. God help me!!!
Re: Distance Relationships by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tinalex: I am currently in one right now and its so so annoying. its a cold and lonely relationship. i won't advice someone i care bout to even try it. God help me!!! undecidedI am currently in one right now and its so so annoying. its a cold and lonely relationship. i won't advice someone i care bout to even try it. God help me!!!

aal izz well, sweetie....
Re: Distance Relationships by marieolae(f): 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
I don't think I could handle a long distance relationship. Its not about being mature really, I just my man to be near me all the time!
Re: Distance Relationships by topemirates(m): 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
Distance relationships can be fun and at d same time annoying, have had few ones over the years but it all went down crashing on our heads but I think it's something that's gotta do with patience, understanding and trust...
Re: Distance Relationships by destante(f): 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
long distance relationship can be strenuous but fun if there is mutual trust and the parties are willing to make many compromise. Absence makes the heart grow fonder for a genuine lover.
Re: Distance Relationships by Heycube(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
marieolae: I don't think I could handle a long distance relationship. Its not about being mature really, I just my man to be near me all the time!

Oh I see....dt means u can't marry businessman/traveler. In case u don't knw *me and my husband* lid to 2 tins is either u luv whch oda lik crazy or u develop high BP. #TeamResearcher
Re: Distance Relationships by udemzyudex(m): 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
If your gf is not the lively type, the one that doesn't believe that there is law in the Nigerian constitution that says a guy should be the only one to call a girl,the one that will not ignore you to do something silly when both of you are chatting,keeping you waiting for 10min b4 replying ur msg.

If you understand each other and have a plan of seeing each other every month or 2 months,in fact just fix a day to see each other.

You can go on with the distance relationship..if ur gf/bf lacks all what i listed pls back off now.

4 Likes

Re: Distance Relationships by Peppul: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
Distance relationship is crazy, if d person u r in with is patient n d luv btw u guys is strong n genuine u can go ahead, bt if otherwise my dear run away or u get a HBP. My ex almost gave me that.
Re: Distance Relationships by Tinalex(f): 10:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
@temigracie my dear i won't lie to you, all is not well jare. if i get some1 else who share same perception/vision with me....i will gladly creep/run 40/40 n move on o.
Re: Distance Relationships by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tinalex: @temigracie my dear i won't lie to you, all is not well jare. if i get some1 else who share same perception/vision with me....i will gladly creep/run 40/40 n move on o.

My dear, please dont jump to another relationship just like that...

I think the best thing to do is for you guys to redefine your relationship...Let him know what you are going through....you need to ask yourselves these questions....

1. What are your short-term and long-term goals about the relationship??
2. What plans do you have for each other??...etc...

Then you guys can decide on what to do next...whether to make it stronger or just call it a quit....

2 Likes

Re: Distance Relationships by tania28(f): 10:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
udemzyudex: If your gf is not the lively type, the one that doesn't believe that there is law in the Nigerian constitution that says a guy should be the only one to call a girl,the one that will not ignore you to do something silly when both of you are chatting,keeping you waiting for 10min b4 replying ur msg.

If you understand each other and have a plan of seeing each other every month or 2 months,in fact just fix a day to see each other.

You can go on with the distance relationship..if ur gf/bf lacks all what i listed pls back off now.
very true
Re: Distance Relationships by marieolae(f): 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
Heycube:

Oh I see....dt means u can't marry businessman/traveler. In case u don't knw *me and my husband* lid to 2 tins is either u luv whch oda lik crazy or u develop high BP. #TeamResearcher
I just can't cope with that

1 Like

Re: Distance Relationships by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
Re: Distance Relationships by Agybabe(f): 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
Most of my relationships have been at distant.

It's never going to happen again, even by mistake.

You would one day do what you don't want to do for lonliness' sake.
Re: Distance Relationships by Heycube(m): 11:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
softsparkyy: I prefer distant relationship though it's not easy. As long as there is communication abstaining from sex is not so difficult for me.
I trust myself, I dont know about him and I don't wanna know. Just keep in touch and be sending me small money.

Small money
Re: Distance Relationships by Heycube(m): 11:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
Either ur relationship is distance relationship or nt d preponderant tin in a relationship dt intnd to be a successful one is SELF-DISCIPLINE. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Distance Relationships by nzeBiddle(m): 11:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
Been there, done that; truth be told ..its hard yo! especially if you are easily a disciplined fellow (ie [within this context] a person who has resolved to maintain sexual relations SOLELY with your partner no matter what). Agro na bastard ..if it is not possible to facilitate a meet-up at least once or preferably twice (as minimum) a month, then it may just get complicated. I kinda feel LDRs should be just for MARRIED COUPLES albeit only as a STOP-GAP/TEMPORARY MEASURE to keep them going when situations which warrant that they live apart from each other suddenly surface. As for non-married bfs/gfs abeg make ona no dey waste each other time. [Pre-marital] life is too short jare unless y'all are comfy with yourselves/ the other party 'curing agro' from time to time.
Re: Distance Relationships by boleswagg: 11:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
Peppul: Distance relationship is crazy, if d person u r in with is patient n d luv btw u guys is strong n genuine u can go ahead, bt if otherwise my dear run away or u get a HBP. My ex almost gave me that.
he have to go work calls
Re: Distance Relationships by kevinaduga(m): 12:33am On Sep 16, 2014
udemzyudex: If your gf is not the lively type, the one that doesn't believe that there is law in the Nigerian constitution that says a guy should be the only one to call a girl,the one that will not ignore you to do something silly when both of you are chatting,keeping you waiting for 10min b4 replying ur msg.

we definitely have all what you listed out..my distant relationship rocks, though could be frustrating at times..bt with hardwork nd trust, i believe we can make it work. insha Allah
Re: Distance Relationships by udemzyudex(m): 6:29am On Sep 16, 2014
kevinaduga: we definitely have all what you listed out..my distant relationship rocks, though could be frustrating at times..bt with hardwork nd trust, i believe we can make it work. insha Allah

Ok..
Re: Distance Relationships by Tinalex(f): 7:31am On Sep 16, 2014
@temigracie...thanks so much dear. i will definitely do that.
Re: Distance Relationships by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 16, 2014
Tinalex: @temigracie...thanks so much dear. i will definitely do that.

You are welcome, ma'am....
Re: Distance Relationships by chibwike(m): 8:05am On Sep 16, 2014
marieolae: I don't think I could handle a long distance relationship. Its not about being mature really, I just my man to be near me all the time!
wont he go for his buisness
Re: Distance Relationships by chibwike(m): 8:07am On Sep 16, 2014
softsparkyy: I prefer distant relationship though it's not easy. As long as there is communication abstaining from sex is not so difficult for me.
I trust myself, I dont know about him and I don't wanna know. Just keep in touch and be sending me small money.
madam
Re: Distance Relationships by dlex21(m): 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2014
Well I'm currently in one now... Next month will make it a year.. It has not been easy but we trust each other and communicate on a daily basis which is key!! Still saw her last month.

But my advice is if u intend doing it, let it be with someone u see a future with... Else, it's not worth it!
Re: Distance Relationships by boleswagg: 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
dlex21: Well I'm currently in one now... Next month will make it a year.. It has not been easy but we trust each other and communicate on a daily basis which is key!! Still saw her last month.

But my advice is if u intend doing it, let it be with someone u see a future with... Else, it's not worth it!
you are right luv ur comment!
Re: Distance Relationships by Gladheart1(f): 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
absolutely true... COMMUNICATION IS SIMPLY D KEY 4 A DISTANT RSHIP!!!
Re: Distance Relationships by dlex21(m): 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
boleswagg: you are right luv ur comment!
wink

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Can You Marry Without Love / Why Do Nigerian Girls Have Low Self Esteem / Can You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.