Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria (34313 Views)

Benin Kingdom In Edo Is Yoruba Territory — Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Cultists Hijack Corpse Of Ife High-Chief, Omisakin / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by MissTeaseMe(f): 6:58am On Sep 16, 2014
Afrocatalyst: Even in Rivers and Imo too. It's so crazy seeing 14yr old joining cults.
So true and what is more annoying is that it is a popular and open thing as if it is a thing of pride.

1 Like

Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by Neroanna(f): 6:58am On Sep 16, 2014
People still do cultism Jobless guys! angry
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by brownlord: 7:04am On Sep 16, 2014
alcuin: Mehn....this is a problem in all SS, SE and SW states.

What do u expect when the governor of Edo state sponsors cults? , Supreme Eiye Confraternity, Green Circuit, Maphites, Vikings are all under the constant pay of the state governor.

Well, only good orientation can this.

And I commend groups like National Association of Seadogs (Pyrates) and Brodas Across Nigeria (Buccaneers) for their efforts in reformation of their members' activities. They remain the best groups.

In addition to that, they are given political appointment from the national level to state level, the comrade governor organise event for them at the end of every year, this is the reason for the continuos cult clash every December, the police boss and director of SSS knows their state head, they communicate with them yet he's ranting on the media and arresting 13 years on the street when the real cultist is on govt payroll

Smh for Nigeria's, to think some dolts even say I'm a cultist because of my handle
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by Miscellaneous(m): 7:07am On Sep 16, 2014
[quote author=dat9jaguy][/quote]

I was talking about sapele,.. maybe it happened too in agbor.

who told u violence cannot deal with violence? who the hell told u? dont make me think u are a cultist. Even in the bible, it was stated that "iron sharpen iron." So u mean the best way USA should av done was to register osama bin laden's alqaeda & monitor it? u nor sure say u dey dream so? Guy.... even the best doctors know that poison treats poison.... so violence treats violence!
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by Debonair01: 7:13am On Sep 16, 2014
I think some thing is terribly wrong with Edo state and most pple from there. I particularly blame it on the breakdown of family structure in that state. Broken marriages, illegitimate kids... etc. Take a look at their females, a good number of them are into prostitution and the boys are either cultists or armed robbers

Growing up (even right now as an adult, whenever i travel home), there is actually no reason to be out of the house after 7pm. Parents need to be more responsible for the wards. If under 18years kids are always back home say by 5pm, the chances of these bad influences would be greatly reduced. The family structure as a matter of urgency need to be strengthened.

Disclaimer: I am using Edo state as a point of ref, because its the topic of discussion here. That is not to say other states are not guilty too.

3 Likes

Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:13am On Sep 16, 2014
brownlord: Police should stop arresting boys indiscriminately in the name of cultism, is there no freedom of association in the country? I just need little money and connection I will sue edo state govt, commissioner of police, director of SSS all the VC, Rector and provost of schools for the numbers of youth they've killed.

i'm sure you will swallow these shi*t u just uttered the day these cultists corner you. freedom of association my left nya*sh
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by donmudia: 7:14am On Sep 16, 2014
Cultism can not be reduce nor stop in Edo state cos 70% of the police nd politicians are cultist, so it's just God intervention plus a revolution that is needed cos this ugly act has really affected the state growth nd development plus scare investors, this is the same radical act my delta ( warri ) brothers pull that made them lose all d oil company which they now regret. In Gods hand we are
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by 1miccza: 7:14am On Sep 16, 2014
sauceny: These are the handy work of an unbalanced economy, 70% of it could/can be traced to wide range of poverty,those 15yrs of age below should be given mild sentence, while 16-18yrs of age should be given a medium sentence,then those r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d 19yrs of age are full grown men & should be given mean(harsh) sentences #iRestMyCase

How can we relate poverty to peer pressure as revealed by one of the suspects John Osagie
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by brownlord: 7:15am On Sep 16, 2014
PerfectlyPerfect:

i'm sure you will swallow these shi*t u just uttered the day these cultists corner you. freedom of association my left nya*sh

Are you crazy? What you mean corner me, my friend give yourself brain this morning
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 16, 2014
eleojo23: These young boys are been misled.
They haven't gone anywhere in life yet and their lives are already complicated.
Oh that someone will open their eyes to see the end of the path they are treading.

Yeah bro, i wish i could just show them where that path leads, misery, pain, self loathing, sleepless nights, restlessness,and to a very very sad and dark place emotionally... undecided undecided undecided

Was never worth it angry

3 Likes

Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by simafem(m): 7:21am On Sep 16, 2014
Their life may end before it even started
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2014
Thats Benin 4 You!
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by WINDSOW(m): 7:29am On Sep 16, 2014
freshness2020: If ♈όϋ be outsider coming into Benin, make sure Loya milk na Ūя̲̅ brand, if not na sorry be Ūя̲̅ name!
Bros,u min say If ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅ wan last for BC.‎​Ȋ̝̊̅ must loyal so that ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅ no go rhoya? Tis mata strong oooo
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by espirito(m): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2014
brownlord: Police should stop arresting boys indiscriminately in the name of cultism, is there no freedom of association in the country? I just need little money and connection I will sue edo state govt, commissioner of police, director of SSS all the VC, Rector and provost of schools for the numbers of youth they've killed.

It's people like you that ll argue that boko harm should not be squashed because they have the freedom of association..... you are really funny... brownlord indeed
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2014
brownlord:

Are you crazy? What you mean corner me, my friend give yourself brain this morning

corner you = accost u
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 16, 2014
come to Lagos state everywhere cultists from mushin to agege to palmgroove cultists everywhere
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by Adwexky(m): 7:36am On Sep 16, 2014

Will you sue them for securing the properties and protecting lives. Pls. The situation on ground calls for logical contribution.
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by munex007(m): 7:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Naturally Benin is a Cultist state...The institutions in the soceity are just unfortunate...
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by theplanmaker: 7:40am On Sep 16, 2014

this guy is a suspect
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by hensben(m): 7:41am On Sep 16, 2014
[quote author=dat9jaguy][/quote]seconded,cultism is really destroying edo youth life I tell ya
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by eightsin(m): 7:43am On Sep 16, 2014
It's very worrisome. You need to come to enugu and you be surprised to see teenage girls and boys being involved in cultism. You will be shocked beyond words.
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by kullozone(m): 7:45am On Sep 16, 2014
Jayne2014: Ambrose Alli University also known as Edo War College.

GOD is realy wonderful!

wonderful,,,,
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by 9jatatafo(m): 7:46am On Sep 16, 2014
This is what happen to a people whose group of women value travelling to Europe for prostitution and forget their natural roles as mothers who should take care of their babies/children. These women just believe in sending down 100$ or 200$ for the upkeep of their children. This is the result on the society. What of Asigidi and Osorkpikan! What a rotten nation.
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by freshness2020: 7:48am On Sep 16, 2014
WINDSOW: Bros,u min say If ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅ wan last for BC.‎​Ȋ̝̊̅ must loyal so that ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅ no go rhoya? Tis mata strong oooo
hahahhahahaha!
Ma bros τ̲̅ђe thing strong pass matter sef!

2 Likes

Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by gbishman: 7:49am On Sep 16, 2014
The parents of this children should be held liable and responsible. From the write up it says the kids are between the ages of 13-15 for christ sakes what are kids doing outside their homes at past 6pm come on.
Parents should play their role effectively especially mothers rather than hovering from parties, burials and weddings round the place.
Fathers also should sit their wards down from time to time and discuss issues bothering them and see how best to boost the childs confidence.
Depression, abandonment, neglect, trust( i.e this wards look for people to trust) and all what not drive this kids into all sorts of things.
Most especially absence of love is the major cause of all this.
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by Oahray: 7:49am On Sep 16, 2014
munex007: Naturally Benin is a Cultist state...The institutions in the soceity are just unfortunate...
Benin is not a state dude. Why talk so presumptuously about something about which you have absolutely no clue?

2 Likes

Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by Oahray: 7:50am On Sep 16, 2014
Sad development... The society has failed the modern kid. Parents, teachers, religion, the media. Especially those parents who think their duty is just to provide food and pay school fees.
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 16, 2014
1miccza:

How can we relate poverty to peer pressure as revealed by one of the suspects John Osagie

i neva said its a 100% poverty level,but most tedious crimes committed are d attribute of joblessness...
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by patrickmuf(m): 7:51am On Sep 16, 2014
In a bid to become popular here on Nairaland, some fellas resort to trolling...Brownlord i'm referring to you...Stop it already, i mean your obvious display of tomfoolery.

1 Like

Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by munex007(m): 7:55am On Sep 16, 2014
*Edo

Oahray: Benin is not a state dude. Why talk so presumptuously about something about which you have absolutely no clue?
Re: The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria by calyb247(m): 8:00am On Sep 16, 2014
uihebom: aro mate!!
See old man..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UN Security Seat; Canada Rallies Ooni Of Ife For Support, Spends $120m. Photos / Olu Of Warri Dissolves Council Of Chiefs / Zaynab-Otiti Obanor Wuraola Wins Humanitarian Award At The UN (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.