Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

70d And 7d. Which Is Better For Video Shooting - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 70d And 7d. Which Is Better For Video Shooting (1414 Views)

What Is The Best Camera For Video Shooting? / Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded / Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

70d And 7d. Which Is Better For Video Shooting by Eminentsam(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
Pal in the house pls has anyone here used 70d and 7d for shooting before ? I want to buy one for myself and I have only used 7d and the video quality is great but I dnt like its focus and overheating problem so I need to know the better one between it and 70d or if there is anyother dslr cam that can match its video quality with the correction of those turn off I listed here be it nikon etc that will be of the same price range or even cheaper. Thanks 4 ur suggestion...
Re: 70d And 7d. Which Is Better For Video Shooting by VillageBoi(m): 7:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
The video quality is the same but the 70D has autofocus during video. BUT and a big but is the 7D MKII announced today is better than both of them. By the way the focus on the 7D is fine, nothing wrong with that at all, but yeah the overheating is a pain in the behind.
Re: 70d And 7d. Which Is Better For Video Shooting by Eminentsam(m): 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
VillageBoi: The video quality is the same but the 70D has autofocus during video. BUT and a big but is the 7D MKII announced today is better than both of them. By the way the focus on the 7D is fine, nothing wrong with that at all, but yeah the overheating is a pain in the behind.

pls do you know the price for 70d also can you tell me about the 7d mk11 features and the price.moreover is there anyother dslr or dslt that has very nice video quality like 7d and also cheap as 7d be it nikon sony etc
Re: 70d And 7d. Which Is Better For Video Shooting by ReubenAbati: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
7D MK II that was just released TODAY.

Villageboi...You wan kill person abi? Why you no kukuma tell him to get an AJA CION 4K camera? grin
Re: 70d And 7d. Which Is Better For Video Shooting by VillageBoi(m): 3:10am On Sep 16, 2014
ReubenAbati: 7D MK II that was just released TODAY.

Villageboi...You wan kill person abi? Why you no kukuma tell him to get an AJA CION 4K camera? grin
Ah my guy, cameras plenti na but let's be honest the OP is specifically looking for a certain 'price point' which we all do. Not many people will 'own' the CION, it's more of a rental-house camera. What is it... 12 stops of DR? When one can get 13 stops out of much better and cheaper cams. And I seriously doubt it'll be a good run 'n' gun cam as the lowlight performance will not be there.
Re: 70d And 7d. Which Is Better For Video Shooting by VillageBoi(m): 3:34am On Sep 16, 2014
Eminentsam:
pls do you know the price for 70d also can you tell me about the 7d mk11 features and the price.moreover is there anyother dslr or dslt that has very nice video quality like 7d and also cheap as 7d be it nikon sony etc

Just Google prices depending on where you want to buy. I personally will probably never buy another Canon DSLR again as they are two years behind 'the norm' in tech features... toys out there are have been doing 1080p @ 60fps for years and Canon has only just added that to the 7D MK II and want to brag about it? smh what idiots. Common phone dey do 120fps and some even 240... I beg.

As for the 7D MK II price; I'm in the UK so I ignore 'release date' prices... you should look to US prices ($1800 - body only yet in the UK body only is almost $2500... for what?). Anyway, let's say performance-wise it betters almost every other Canon DSLR but don't be an early-adopter as you'll only find out any 'problems' way too late.
This is the time of the year to just wait and see what everyone else is doing... even brand new comer Samsung has just today abi yesterday dropped the 'NX1' a 4K resolution 'DSLR' out-of-the-blue.
Re: 70d And 7d. Which Is Better For Video Shooting by Eminentsam(m): 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
VillageBoi:

Just Google prices depending on where you want to buy. I personally will probably never buy another Canon DSLR again as they are two years behind 'the norm' in tech features... toys out there are have been doing 1080p @ 60fps for years and Canon has only just added that to the 7D MK II and want to brag about it? smh what idiots. Common phone dey do 120fps and some even 240... I beg.

As for the 7D MK II price; I'm in the UK so I ignore 'release date' prices... you should look to US prices ($1800 - body only yet in the UK body only is almost $2500... for what?). Anyway, let's say performance-wise it betters almost every other Canon DSLR but don't be an early-adopter as you'll only find out any 'problems' way too late.
This is the time of the year to just wait and see what everyone else is doing... even brand new comer Samsung has just today abi yesterday dropped the 'NX1' a 4K resolution 'DSLR' out-of-the-blue.

Good.thanks for your expository advises.as you are in the UK I think you will help me purchase some things when I need them. Thanks
Re: 70d And 7d. Which Is Better For Video Shooting by VillageBoi(m): 5:48am On Sep 22, 2014
Eminentsam:
Good.thanks for your expository advises.as you are in the UK I think you will help me purchase some things when I need them. Thanks
You're welcome. Just remember that almost everything costs so much more here than in the US - a practically one-stop-shop for filmmakers is the famous B&H New York (the general rule is only buy 'universal' cameras and DON'T buy lights & certain electronics there as per the US 60Hz vs UK/Naija using 50Hz) - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ Oh and I believe they recently added Naija to the PayPal list.
Re: 70d And 7d. Which Is Better For Video Shooting by prof800(m): 1:00am On Nov 03, 2014
VillageBoi:

This is the time of the year to just wait and see what everyone else is doing... even brand new comer Samsung has just today abi yesterday dropped the [b]'NX1' a 4K resolution 'DSLR' o[/b]ut-of-the-blue.

Would you advice one to go for the Samsung NX1 instead.?

What affordable camera would you opt for now if you were to go shopping?
Re: 70d And 7d. Which Is Better For Video Shooting by VillageBoi(m): 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
prof800:

Would you advice one to go for the Samsung NX1 instead.?
No I wouldn't. But I also wouldn't advise anyone to go for 'anything' without knowing what kind of shooting they want to do... no camera does everything or every style. It's always about picking the best tool for the job.

prof800:

What affordable camera would you opt for now if you were to go shopping?
Depends what one means by 'affordable'... to some that would be $700-$1000, $1000-$2000, $2000-$5000, $5000-$10,000 and then those above that.
Generally it'll be DSLRs, Panny GH3&4, the Blackmagic cameras and similar for the first 3 price ranges... in that bracket I'd probably pick a Blackmagic camera... in terms of dynamic range they beat every DSLR/Mirrorless cam out there.

But as I am actually shopping and to answer your question about what 'I' would get... my 'next' cam is the GoPro 4 Black edition for my quadcopter wink

(1) (Reply)

5 Female Actors Who Went Nude For A Movie Role / My Top 10 Tv Series From 2008 Till Date / Movies To Watch This 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.