Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries (13768 Views)

Akwa-Ibom Baby Left To Starve & Die For Being A Witch In Healthy-Looking Photos / Woman divorces her husband because he was too good to her(Photo) / Wife Leaving Husband Because He's 'too Good' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by CircleOfWilis: 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
A thread for stingy people
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Dexema(m): 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nice one OP,iv bin tryin to get this nature In check,especially when som1 corners me up,I can't think straight and the next thing you hear me say is“yes or okay“
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
swear to God i was like this growing up. Thank God i've changed....to a ruthless bastard grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by eleojo23: 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2014
CircleOfWilis: A thread for stingy people
Nowhere was it stated that you should be stingy. Give as much as you can but with wisdom.
And by the way, why are people only looking at this from the angle of giving material things?
I guess some people need everything spelt out for them word for word.
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by eleojo23: 10:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
shockwave91: swear to God i was like this growing up. Thank God i've changed....to a ruthless bastard grin
Ruthless? That's going to the extreme. I hope you were just joking
smiley
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
eleojo23: Ruthless? That's going to the extreme. I hope you were just joking
smiley

ehnn not really. I'm actually serious. I'm in love wif the ruthlessness smiley and i love the #Extremes. Think i shud calm down a lil bit?
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by eleojo23: 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
shockwave91:

ehnn not really. I'm actually serious. I'm in love wif the ruthlessness smiley and i love the #Extremes. Think i shud calm down a lil bit?
yes. You can still make your point clear/draw the lines without being ruthless.
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by sixtus8525(m): 10:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
grin nice composition
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
eleojo23: yes. You can still make your point clear/draw the lines without being ruthless.

awww....but bruf....d extremes feel so good

u shud try it
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nmeri17: 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2014
chai... I experience this Ist hand cry cry just yesterday, my cousin fleeced me of some money just because I couldn't say no. same thing happened mid last month between me and an aunt. My mom has the same problem so I think it boils down to the nature of a person and cannot be changed
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by nnamdiugwu(m): 11:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
tegamarro: How thar wan pay my nepa Bill. undecided now
It can pay ur nepa bill by reducing how u spend unwisely to please others. A dumb question tho. Kudos to op.
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nice composition OP,I used to have this nature but until 5 hours ago,when I realised dat being too kind & selfless actually invites undue insults from certain bastards.From now on,am gonno suppress the compassionate & soft part of me. & utilize it on only deserving persons,while I unleash the other dreadful side of me that only the sake of Jesus can tame.Thanks 2 dis thread.

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by lordnammy(m): 12:05am On Sep 17, 2014
Good read, am in the mess of giving up my happiness for others
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by sholay2011(m): 12:31am On Sep 17, 2014
jieta: this is how i have always think, feel. Jesus came to this world to die for me so i should help other give, when others don't have. what has it brought me name calling , hatred, bt since i have decided to follow the ways of the world an eye for an eye. Nobody dears me or else you see the other part of me. in nutshare i don't see any thing wrong with what the op post
shocked shocked All is well oo.

We sabi say you be gud person wey fit give wel wel...but all these gbagaun you're sharing will answer oh sad
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by sholay2011(m): 12:33am On Sep 17, 2014
enkay4love: Nice composition OP,I used to have this nature but until 5 hours ago,when I realised dat being too kind & selfless actually invites undue insults from certain bastards.From now on,am gonno suppress the compassionate & soft part of me. & utilize it on only deserving persons,while I unleash the other dreadful side of me that only the sake of Jesus can tame.Thanks 2 dis thread.
You must be kidding me shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 17, 2014
You just spoke to me. Thanks for this post
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by BlossomP: 1:07am On Sep 17, 2014
continentalceo: Health is wealth. You start planing to enjoy good health tomorrow today. Thanks for the Lecture but ill like to add that we need to be sensitive to our body, so we can know when certain changes occur. Because a lot of do not even know they are ill until it take their life

LMAO! Are u sure u got d thrust of d write up? U seem really lost. grin
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by slimderek(m): 1:18am On Sep 17, 2014
I've been called a weakling for being too good. And I hate it.
Only a few people appreciate it.
I only wish I was strict.
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by 5minsmadness: 7:20am On Sep 17, 2014
People that this topic applies to i.e people that give all the time are typing "op thanks for this."

People that are receiving all the time are typing "rubbish thread", "its better to give" "I used to give but now am ruthless, etc".
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by adexsimply(m): 11:11am On Sep 17, 2014
grin grin grin
5minsmadness: People that this topic applies to i.e people that give all the time are typing "op thanks for this."

People that are receiving all the time are typing "rubbish thread", "its better to give" "I used to give but now am ruthless, etc".
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by adexsimply(m): 11:17am On Sep 17, 2014
In addition, I've noticed that: "NICE PEOPLE ARE BORING"!

I just wish I could start learning my lessons, my "father-Christmas-like" attitude is destroying me. No rest of mind for me at all, I keep getting myself into predicaments that sap all my strength and willpower cry cry cry , once anyone comes with a problem, I just find myself saying yes without thinking twice!!Funny enough, people always think I'm a weakling. angry angry angry
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by clemz85(m): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
my friend said and I consider it reality that "some times goodness need little help of badness".
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Raxxye(m): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
These are nuggets...and they made my day!
Thanks!
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by moriton(m): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
I think I have seen this topic somewhere before. ..kinda feels like deja vu
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by rexericx(m): 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
THIS IS A NICE WRITE-UP..
I WISH MY PAL WUD READ IT...

NICE ONE
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Lawalemi(m): 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
For about 5 years into my current job, I was parting with portions of my salary for friends and family members. Some persons started abusing my generosity by not repaying debts. Even some persons were returning to be assisted again!
Now I don't mind whose ox is gored.
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Titugirl(f): 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
sensible write up.
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by texanomaly(f): 12:02am On Sep 18, 2014
Wow... shocked

Story of my life.

@ eleojo23
I'll try to work up enough courage to share.
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by CashNaira96: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
basille: Once upon a time, i was a polite shy dude who could never say no, was always displeasing himself to please others, but along the line people took me for granted, didn't respect my views and opinions and always tried to use me to get what they want.
That's just how life is, when a commodity is in much circulation, it loses it's worth and becomes common. It's good to be nice though, but to an extent.
Fast forward to the present, i got just one word for you "Individualism".
i can relate entirely to this, care to share how you overcame it?
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by CashNaira96: 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
Good post op...
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by basille(m): 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
CashNaira96:
i can relate entirely to this, care to share how you overcame it?
I don't really know what to tell you as myself i'm no expert or teacher.
First of all remember you are free to do anything you want, in as much as it's not illegal. Also, you and only you is accountable for your actions and decision. With those in mind:
1)Learn how to say No
2)Treat people how they treat you
3)Don't be afraid to confront people
4)Learn how to argue and get your points and view across to irrational people
5)Learn to be a little bit selfish (don't displease your self to please people)
hope this helps grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . / What Can Bring Satisfaction For Couples In Marriage? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.