Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries (13767 Views)

Akwa-Ibom Baby Left To Starve & Die For Being A Witch In Healthy-Looking Photos / Woman divorces her husband because he was too good to her(Photo) / Wife Leaving Husband Because He's 'too Good' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 25, 2014
@OP, thanks for sharing this information...

I think I need to start creating those boundaries too...Yeah, I am a good girl...I sacrifice things alot at the expense of my own happiness...Cos i care alot about my personality...I care alot about what people will say about me....I sacrifice alot just too make people know that I'm good and nice...

Well, I ll continue to be good....But i ll set boundaries.....

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by CashNaira96: 7:04am On Sep 25, 2014
basille: I don't really know what to tell you as myself i'm no expert or teacher.
First of all remember you are free to do anything you want, in as much as it's not illegal. Also, you and only you is accountable for your actions and decision. With those in mind:
1)Learn how to say No
2)Treat people how they treat you
3)Don't be afraid to confront people
4)Learn how to argue and get your points and view across to irrational people
5)Learn to be a little bit selfish (don't displease your self to please people)
hope this helps grin
thanks
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by CashNaira96: 7:08am On Sep 25, 2014
temigracie: @OP, thanks for sharing this information...

I think I need to start creating those boundaries too...Yeah, I am a good girl...I sacrifice things alot at the expense of my own happiness...Cos i care alot about my personality...I care alot about what people will say about me....I sacrifice alot just too make people know that I'm good and nice...

Well, I ll continue to be good....But i ll set boundaries.....
you sound like an introvert... Are you?

Realised introverts have more of these 'problems', i know because i am one.
setting these boundaries is a great step
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 25, 2014
CashNaira96:
you sound like an introvert... Are you?

Realised introverts have more of these 'problems', i know because i am one.
setting these boundaries is a great step
...lol....

I'm half-introverted and half-extroverted....
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by CashNaira96: 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
temigracie: ...lol....

I'm half-introverted and half-extroverted....
oh! Good for you... You can blend in almost all situations
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
CashNaira96:
oh! Good for you... You can blend in almost all situations

Sure....
Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by latestsunny(m): 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lawalemi: For about 5 years into my current job, I was parting with portions of my salary for friends and family members. Some persons started abusing my generosity by not repaying debts. Even some persons were returning to be assisted again!
Now I don't mind whose ox is gored.

We are in the same situation bro, all in the name of wanting to be good. Thank God I'm learning to resist people because this issue has really ruin me financially. Placing other people needs above mine. Its really pathetic.......my eyes are open now. The boy Is good, Apa lonpe be
grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries by Denko2721987(m): 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
Wonderful, wonderful posts.. The best I have read in a long time on here on nairaland.. OP I must say I see a star in you, keep inspiring others and God will continue to inspire you. Thanks and God bless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . / What Can Bring Satisfaction For Couples In Marriage? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.