Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

What You May Not Know About Americans - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What You May Not Know About Americans (32359 Views)

Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent / 10 Things Most Nigerians Do Not Know About Slavery / Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by lalasticlala(m): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
6 is ubiquitous even here in Nigeria

7 lies lies lies

1 Like

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by EmoBoy(m): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sweetlemon: Yeah we all think America is a liberated, free country for all. But what we do not know is that to some extent, there are things that Americans still practice despite all the feminism and human rights movements, some even outdated.

1. Ain't Nothing Like Gender Equality: Yes there are a few superwomen here and there. Beyonce there, Oprah Winfrey there, female supreme court judges, etc. But there is a line drawn somewhere. Do you know that there are still many jobs that pay men more than women for doing exactly the same thing? Business policies are more male-tailored, also the percentage of female CEOs of top companies in Nigeria for instance is far more than that of the US. That's why they have so many laws protecting women to make up for this.
Also, it will be easier for a female president to come out from Nigeria than US (black or white) Let's bet this. Hilary Clinton fans take note of this.

What makes Beyonce a superwoman? undecided She shakes her àss and what next?

I believe you have another notion of what gender equality is. I think most people do anyway. I'll like to get know what statistics or data you used to reach your conclusion that there are more female corporate executives in Nigeria than there are in the US.

Honestly dear> Believe me if I tell you that you're very wrong about that. There are far more female executives in the United States than anywhere else.

Sweetlemon: 2. They Actually Have a Deep Rooted Culture; Thanksgiving and 4th of July are traditions that will remain till thy kingdom comes and they follow it religiously. They also have certain kinds of music, food, and ways of partying that are strictly American. Apart from their atheists, they collectively say grace at the table during every family meal. They also have a tradition they observe in the weddings. Their weddings are more like trad and white rolled into one.

I can't help but laugh dear. cheesy cheesy Although this is not news or anything secret, there's generally nothing interesting here.

Sweetlemon: 3. There Are Probably More Percentage Of Housewives In The US Than In Nigeria (minus rural settings); Go to high brow areas like Bel-air where there are wives of successful lawyers and and surgeons doing nothing all than taking care the kids and going shopping. Not just high brow but almost all classes of people. There are more and more housewives choosing to stay back and take care of the home. Some work from the house though.

Another fallacy. Don't ask me how or why.

Sweetlemon: 4. There Are Lots Of Gold Diggers; This is for the "Nigerian girls and money" criers. American and Russian babes no dey carry last in the area of god digging. Marrying an American woman is like getting ready to loose more than half your wealth because in case of a divorce, the courts will give her most of your wealth which you will have to work hard to replenish. Sometimes it"s worse if she already has her own money, she will make sure she gets a good lawyer to squeeze you dry. But American billionaires have ways of making new money so they are coping. Lol. Do you know there are many, many young even middle aged attractive women with the sole aim of marrying wealthy men?

Who doesn't know this?

Sweetlemon: 5. Straight Guys Hate Gay Guys; With a passion! Go to American sites and blogs and see anonymous comments from straight guys about gay men. You will coil! Words like "gay asss" or "gay" are used to ridicule them codedly. Gays can NEVER have equal rights in America. Politicians just use them to score points. They all know that homosexuals cannot actually live like and get all the benefits of straight people in all American states.

Have you ever been to Boston? Gays have more rights than heterosexuals there. check it out yourself
http://massresistance.org/

Sweetlemon: 6. An American Guy Will Choose A Virgin Over A LovePeddler As Wife; Unless, of course love comes in, contrary to what people think that American men don't care about morality in their women, they will pick an inexperienced girl over a LovePeddler any time any day. Not like they are looking for virgins, but they need and crave decent women. If you don't believe me, watch BAGGAGE on Dstv 127 almost every evening. Also visit American blogs and forums. Yes the Average American guy can't resist some one night stands here and there but he can't marry her. Yes they can have baby mamas and even live with them, but they don't marry them.

Men around the world will pick a virgin over a LovePeddler. It is natural and its the standard behaviour of men. This has nothing to do with american men

Sweetlemon: 7. There Are Actually More Percentage of Virgins In America Than In Most Countries In Africa; Some of them are the miss-goody-two-shoes, no makeup, no fancy dresses types while some are the party girl types. They chose to remain virgins not for religious reasons or because they are good girls but because they chose to preserve it for that special man, or to auction it off! Lol! Is it not oyibos that auction that virginity? Some as old as 26 years old!

Which america are you talking about? LMAO grin grin Virgins in america than in Nigeria? That is preposterous!

Abeg I no wan laugh.

Sweetlemon: 8. American Guys Go To Meet Their Girlfriend's Families Long Before Nigerian Guys Are Ready For Such; They are also old-fashioned when it comes to serious relationships. Opening car doors, taking you out on several dates, and even meeting your folks before taking you to his house or asking you to come to his. Unlike our Nigerian niggas who get your number today and the next thing they are asking when you will come to see them!

9. Most American Grandmas Are Just As Prim And Proper As Ours; They take care of grandkids and give all the advice and lectures and are just as protective and desirous of grandkids as our own grandmothers.

If you doubt any of these, do some research.

This is soooooo funny! I don't know if its the Lagos branch of America you're talking about or there's somewhere else. grin You need to be given an american visa. Just visit america in three months and see things yourself.

7 Likes

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by kobonaire(m): 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
sulmeza: Americans are cool..though some aint....bt i hate dia govt to d bone..bunch of devil followers angry
Just curious which government you like?
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by date1816: 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
Todd Wilson, a third-generation Italian American, swore off his beloved prosciutto. Thy Loun, a refugee from Cambodia now attending UC Davis, had to give up her twice-weekly staple of double-pepperoni pizza. Wilson, 31, and Loun, 21, say they've sacrificed their favorite foods (both made from pork) for something more fulfilling: their belief in Islam. They are among an increasing number of converts who have made Islam the fastest-growing religion in America.

There are now as many as 7 million Muslims in the United States, half of them American-born. In recent years, Americans of African, European, Southeast Asian, Latin American and American Indian descent have left their parents' spiritual paths to follow Islam, a religion that includes more than 1 billion believers from nearly every country.

At 10 pm on a recent Thursday, Wilson joined several dozen worshippers of different races and ethnic backgrounds at Salam Mosque in North Sacramento for the last of the day's five prayers. Wilson, who teaches sixth grade in Elk Grove, observes his midday prayer between classes.
A one-time Marxist who still has posters of the late revolutionary Che Guevara, Wilson says Islam gives him a sense of peace and connectedness he never found in Catholicism, the religion of his parents. He and other made in America Muslims often combine the American values of democracy and gender equality with Islamic ideals, such as devotion to family, charity, modesty (women often cover their heads, arms and legs) and bans on alcohol, pork, smoking and premarital sex.

The growth of Islam in America has led to a growing acceptance of the hijab (the head cover worn by many Muslim women) and daily Muslim prayers during breaks at schools and workplaces. Sacramento, home to the oldest mosque west of the Mississippi, at 411 V St., now has nine mosques, several Islamic schools and a Muslim cemetery. Community leaders estimate 35,000 Muslims live in the Sacramento area.

Wilson, Loun and dozens of others interviewed say they were drawn to Islam because it places emphasis on prayer rather than on place of worship - no idols or icons are found in mosques, which tend to be relatively spare - and because it attracts a diverse group of followers across the economic and ethnic spectrum.

While many people associate Muslims with Arabs, most Muslims aren't Arabs, and millions of Arabs aren't Muslim. At a Muslim picnic in Sacramento's Haggin Oaks Park last summer, believers from 20 nations prayed and ate barbecue together.

Islam, like other religions, is interpreted differently in different cultures. In Afghanistan, for example, the ruling Taliban Muslims recently destroyed ancient Buddhist statues, citing Allah's ban on idol worship. They forbid television, listening to music or playing cards, and women often are prohibited from working outside the home or traveling. But many American Muslims, including immigrants from Afghanistan, denounce the Taliban's hard-line approach. They say they honor their wives as equals and insist that Islam was the first major belief system to advocate women's rights.

From the time of the prophet Muhammad, who Muslims believe received the word of God (the Koran) in the seventh century, Muslim women were allowed to choose their husbands, divorce, own property and do battle - rights afforded few Western women at the time, said Kathleen O'Connor, who teaches Islam and the Koran at the University of California, Davis.
"This Western notion that Muslim women are all tied up in a closet somewhere, bound and gagged, is utterly ridiculous," O'Connor said.
Islamic militants have targeted Israel and its allies - including the US - for acts of terrorism. But only a small minority of Muslims advocate violence in the name of religion, O'Connor said. "They're just like (US) paramilitary groups you wouldn't judge Americans by Oklahoma City."

African Americans account for 30 percent of America's Muslims, according to O'Connor. She said the figure isn't surpriising given that as many as 20 percent of the Africans brought to the United States as slaves were Muslim.
"African Americans who have converted to Islam believe it represents a return to cultural roots pre-slavery, a culture of self-respect and independence," she said. "And Islam is a religion of social justice. This speaks to blacks, whose experience has (often) been marked by injustice. They don't want to turn the other cheek they've been turning it for 200 years."

Like many African American Muslims, Askia Muhammad Abdulmajeed came to Islam after experimenting with the Nation of Islam, an African American group led by Louis Farrakhan that is not part of orthodox Islam.

Abdulmajeed, 56, joined the Nation of Islam under the late Elijah Muhammad in the early 1970s. He said he admired the Nation's self-help approach to inner-city problems but said he was repulsed by its anti-Semitic, anti-white doctrine.

He says Allah saved him from himself: "I was into drugs, I ran with a fast crowd, didn't hold down a job very long. My perception of women was decidedly chauvinistic."

He ultimately became an imam, or prayer leader, and now serves as a sort of Muslim circuit preacher who travels from mosque to mosque, explaining the Koran in modern American terms. Abdulmajeed, like many American Muslims, is trying to strike a balance between American notions of equality and democracy and much-older Islamic laws that preach absolute adherence to the Koran. His wife "can be a CEO as long as she doesn't walk away from her responsibility as a wife and mother," he said. "If my wife is uneducated, unsophisticated, what kind of children is she going to raise?"

Wilson, Abdulmajeed and other American converts appreciate Islam's rigorous, direct relationship with God. Muslims are expected to pray, in a kneeling position with their foreheads touching the floor, five times a day. Where they pray is immaterial as long as they're facing Mecca. They also are required to fast during Ramadan, one month out of each year during which Muslims are to abstain from food, water, sex from sunrise to sundown.
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
seedord247: Lies... Americans don't value that shit called virginity, They dont even wanna have anything to do with a virgin cuz most sucks when it comes to sex life and sex play a major role in Americans relationship. More also. 65% of americans gurls lost their pumpum before the age of 15 which is very rear in Nigeria.

not true! the fact that you can't even spell "rare" correctly means i shouldn't take you seriously. it's "rare" not rear. you would be surprised by the # of Americans who value it and the # of those who're waiting. but if you say virginity is very "rear" in Nigeria, you just might be right, lmao.

4 Likes

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
cocoberry: Interesting!
coco...I have that tin big o,u can check it.
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
UchihaMadara:

Imagine the bulllshit, that's why I love some things in this our jungle of a Nation, there is sometimes serenity amidst the madness.

My future wife (if in Nigeria), collect half my money? Half my house? in Nigeria? Hahahaa!

In Nigeria you simply follow a two step process:

1. Lift her up gently to avoid muscle strain.
2. Carry her out of your compound and lock your gate.
Lol. That law may be introduced in Naija very soon cheesy

The sharing of the wealth could be a reason why some famous Hollywood millionaires/other rich folks are hesitant to get legally married. Or if they do, they engage the services of Family law practitioners to craft a pre-nup agreement, in-case the marriage heads south.
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by kobonaire(m): 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
seedord247: Lies... Americans don't value that shit called virginity, They dont even wanna have anything to do with a virgin cuz most sucks when it comes to sex life and sex play a major role in Americans relationship. More also. 65% of americans gurls lost their pumpum before the age of 15 which is very rear in Nigeria.
döggy style?? .... grin

You have some intriguing points otherwise.
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by Sweetlemon(f): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
@Emoboy, seems like you don't know the difference between percentage and number.

smh

1 Like

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by nickz(m): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
cocoberry: How blissful is hamburger?

sadwhen i'm hungry!! it is!!
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
Erm is this meant to educate or interest? Cause this is boring and obviously- a complete assumption. OP I doubt you've actually lived in America before.

3 Likes

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by EmoBoy(m): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2014

I wonder where she pulled her stats from. I seriously wonder.

2 Likes

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
safarigirl: it makes sense that there will be a high percentage of virgins in America, I believe they're a population of up to 300 million and up to 60% are female.

Even if it's just 8% of them, when you put them down to numbers, yes, there could be a higher number than most African countries that have fewer populations.
I think she's talking about the rate and not the actual number.

1 Like

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by Sweetlemon(f): 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
CFCfan:

The sharing of the wealth could be a reason why some famous Hollywood millionaires/other rich folks are hesitant to get legally married. Or if they do, they engage the services of Family law practitioners to craft a pre-nup agreement, in-case the marriage heads south.

Exactly!

As in ehn! Many very pretty women have this life ambition of being rich men's wives or even mistresses.
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2014

10 Likes

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by seedord247(m): 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
aflyingbird:
not true! the fact that you can't even spell "rare" correctly means i shouldn't take you seriously. it's "rare" not rear. you would be surprised by the # of americans who value it and the # of those who're waiting. but if you say virginity is very "rear" in Nigeria, you just might be right, lmao.

Lmaooo mr billy goat... I cant comprehend what you just typed above. grin grin
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by Sweetlemon(f): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
imoleay0:

Thanks.
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by EmoBoy(m): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sweetlemon: @Emoboy, seems like you don't know the difference between percentage and number.

smh

Madam, It doesn't matter. What matters is that your views about america are totally borne out of gross ignorance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by kobonaire(m): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
_tmodeltolue ne: FREE TUITION COURSE IN CHINA

Apply for chemical engineering ( undergraduate studies ) before September 25th.

Tuition is free.

interested applicant should contact us via

email: some yahoo yahoo email and phone number ...
Study Chemical Engineering in China for free?? They should be paying me for that wink
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by date1816: 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
For most of my life, the US was never anything more than vacation memories. My family visited almost 30 years ago for a vacation that marked the end of our years of living in the UK and which came just before we moved to Saudi Arabia.

New York City dazzled, of course, and a road trip with an uncle and his family from Wyoming through the Rockies to California where Mickey Mouse greeted us in Disneyland, was a lesson in the sheer vastness that is the United States.

But then I fell in love with an American and I flew to NYC to meet him for the millennium celebrations and even though we fought and I gave him back his engagement ring, I agreed to marry him and I did what I vowed I'd never do: I left my job and my home for a man.

The year after I moved to be with him in Seattle, early one Tuesday, his mother called us from her home at the other end of the country – three time zones away in Florida – urging us to turn on the television because something terrible was happening in New York. I rushed to awaken my brother and his wife who were visiting us.

That morning of 11 September 2001 as we watched the twin towers crumble on live television, America and I would develop a bond that has proven deeper and more enduring – for better or worse, through sickness and health – than the one I had with my now ex-husband.

"If this is Muslims, they're going to round us up," I told him. He took the day off work and we didn't leave the apartment for two days, worried that my sister-in-law would be attacked for her headscarf. A drunk unsuccessfully tried to set our local mosque on fire; the neighbourhood stood guard outside the mosque for weeks afterwards holding signs that read "Muslims are Americans".

"What's it like to f**k a terrorist?" a group of young men asked the white American husband of a Pakistani-American woman I knew.

I left my husband a year after 9/11. Not because he was an American and I an Egyptian, nothing to do with culture or religion; nothing to do with 9/11. We brought out the worst in each other. But before we separated we visited NYC one more time together for a friend's engagement and we went to pay our respects at the site of the attacks. I had no words. Just tears and prayers as we took in the gaping hole, the makeshift shrines of teddy bears and notes desperately seeking the whereabouts of loved ones.

Ironically, he now lives in Asia and I've stayed in the US. I stayed to fight. To say that's not my Islam. To yell Muslims weren't invented on 9/11. Those planes crashing again and again into the towers were the first introduction to Islam and Muslims for too many Americans but we – American Muslims – are sick and tired of explaining. None of those men was an American Muslim and we're done explaining and apologising. Enough.

I stayed to give my middle finger to Tea Partiers who tried to intimidate a group of us in 2010 because we supported the right of an Islamic community centre to build near the site of the attacks. They came to bully us and I bullied them right back. I wanted them to know Muslims will not be intimidated so think twice before you try to bully another one.
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by date1816: 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
I became an American in April of this year, almost 11 years after I moved here. I could've become naturalised earlier but I realised soon after I took the oath and we watched a video of President Obama congratulating us that if it had been President Bush I would've probably run out, screaming.

Despite an appearance by Bush at a mosque after 9/11 to show he didn't hold all Muslims responsible, his administration proceeded to do exactly that: military trials for civilians, secret prisons, the detention of hundreds of Muslim men without charge, the torture and harsh interrogation of detainees and the invasions of two Muslim-majority countries.

And the latest stain on the US civil liberties record: an Associated Press expose in August on ways the CIA and the NYPD are combining forces to spy on Muslims in New York City. The thought that someone could be following me to my favourite book shops or night clubs is as pathetic and sinister as when the Mubarak regime tapped my phone and had me followed when I lived in Egypt.

And I will continue to stay in the US for my nieces and nephews. I have chosen not to have children. I am a happy aunt to two girls and two boys between the ages of three and eight. They were the first Americans in our family and the thought that anyone could question either their nationality or faith – or demand they choose between the two – enrages me.

Over the past 10 years, American Muslims have fought not just the hate and stereotypes and the profiling from those outside the community, we've also had major fights within the Muslim community. As a friend described it, 9/11 pushed many Muslims to "come out" as liberals or progressives. For too long, huge, conservative national organisations claimed to speak for all of us but there is a much greater diversity of American Muslim voices now and that benefits everyone. Conservative does not equal authentic.

People think I'm Brazilian, Dominican, Puerto Rican, anything but Muslim because many people equate a Muslim woman with the wearing of a headscarf. So like someone who's gay who might make sure to tell you soon after you meet, I try to include within the first three sentences of a new meeting that I'm a Muslim.

Before 9/11, some Muslims lived quiet, uneventful suburban lives; the dentists and the accountants and the attorneys. 9/11 robbed them of that boring existence. But in struggling to become boring again, American Muslims have over the past 10 years made our community here the most vibrant of any Muslim community in the world, Tea Party and Bush legacy be damned!

We're your friends, lovers and spouses, America. We're your comedians, taxi drivers, chefs, politicians and singers. And we're your doctors, like my brother and his wife who were visiting me from the midwest in Seattle 10 years ago.

My brother, a cardiologist, was visited by special agents from the FBI in November 2001 who asked him if he knew anyone who celebrated the attacks. His wife is an obstetrician/gynaecologist.

One day she and I were watching one of those medical dramas when she told me an anecdote that neatly sums it all up: "I was delivering a baby the other day and the father was watching via Skype cam. He was a soldier in Afghanistan. And I thought, here I am: a Muslim doctor in a headscarf delivering a baby whose father is an American soldier in Afghanistan, a Muslim country."

Let's draw the curtain on 9/11 anniversaries after this 10th one. Every year on 11 September you can taste the grief in NYC. The wound will never heal if every year we scratch the scar off and open the way to hate and prejudice.

Some of the earliest Muslims came to the US across the Atlantic on slave ships from west Africa. Not far from where I live in Harlem, there's a west African community complete with a mosque, restaurants and French-speaking people. 9/11 changed everything and 9/11 changed nothing at all. America – I'm not going anywhere.

1 Like

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by seedord247(m): 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
Na who ask this guy for super story^^

7 Likes

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by EmoBoy(m): 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
Let me me tell you a fact.

90 percent of the pornogràphy the world watches comes from america.

That shows a lot about the level of morality in the society.

I'm outta here...
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by 50calibre(m): 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
This is nonsense to say the least, it has as much credibility as a tissue paper. Only a fool fool will swallow this shi*t hook line and sinker.

You don't need to be an American to know this is a joke, it's full of so many loose statements, half-truths and generalisations, which makes me wonder where the OP gathered these ridiculous statistics from.

Straight American guys hate gays (a blatant lie by the way)

Guys prefer virgins

Loooool did the OP conduct a survey? Blogs & forums are not a credible statistical tool, first not everyone visits blogs or forums, (as a matter of fact, the majority don't) second, people write anything online, which may or may not be true representation of their real personalities.

America has a population of close to 350 million, which is far larger than the largest African country. So I see no basis for comparison here, it's only normal that America has the greater numbers in some of these things.

This is a classic case of personal opinions/observations being passed as fact. Bound to mislead only the gullible & ill-informed.

7 Likes

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Exactly!

As in ehn! Many very pretty women have this life ambition of being rich men's wives or even mistresses.
Sometimes, the 'nicer' ladies, in order to have mercy on the rich guy, prefer to be mistresses. That way, there won't be any talk of alimony.
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by aderonila18: 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
UchihaMadara:

Imagine the bulllshit, that's why I love some things in this our jungle of a Nation, there is sometimes serenity amidst the madness.

My future wife (if in Nigeria), collect half my money? Half my house? in Nigeria? Hahahaa!

In Nigeria you simply follow a two step process:

1. Lift her up gently to avoid muscle strain.
2. Carry her out of your compound and lock your gate.

That's only if she didn't contribute when buying the house otherwise one of you would have buy the other out inorder to own the house or you'll sell the house and share the proceeds according to the percentage that each party contributed. Women are contributing financially now so it's a different ball game except maybe she's a full time housewive

1 Like

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by itstpia1: 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Exactly!

seems you just cant wrap your head around that.

and why are you always aiming for mistress position?

is something wrong with you?

3 Likes

Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
seedord247:

Lmaooo mr billy goat... I cant comprehend what you just typed above. grin grin

of course, an illiterate like you won't be able to.
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by safarigirl(f): 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
imoleay0:
ok then. I can't say since that is mostly speculation.
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
CFCfan:

The sharing of the wealth could be a reason why some famous Hollywood millionaires/other rich folks are hesitant to get legally married. Or if they do, they engage the services of Family law practitioners to craft a[b] pre-nup agreement[/b], in-case the marriage heads south.

Exactly!

"If you aint no punk, holla we want prenup! We want prenup!!"

"It's something that you need to have, cause when she leave ur a.s.s she gon leave with half"

If I ever get married in the U.S, I'd have to get that. Some girls do find it weird though and some responses I've heard on the issue from women is like, "If you love me, you won't ask for prenup, are you expecting the marriage to fail?", but my response would be "If you love me, you would get a prenup to prove to me that you love me for me and not my money", simples!
Re: What You May Not Know About Americans by passionate88: 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
Naija girls shey una read point No. 6 and 7 wella?... He who has ear let her hear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

7 Nigerians Who Were Pioneers In Their Area / Oba Rasheed Akanbi Dressed As Arabian King (Photos) / Tiv Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.