Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,068 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Linux Installation - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Linux Installation (648 Views)

Please, Help With Linux Installation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linux Installation by Gospel367: 6:40am On Sep 16, 2014
I want to install a flavour of linux on an old laptop and I have decided to go for linux mint 13 xfce but the problem is that the size of the iso image is too large (up to 820mb) and i doubt any of nigerian network will be fast enough to download it and even if it fast, i dont have cash now to subscribe for a plan. So I want to know whether it is possible to get these my choice of linux flavour that is already burned into a cd or dvd at a minimal cost or from someone who already used it or does not need it anymore or from someone who is kind enough to help a brother in need....thanks
Re: Linux Installation by Mellorix: 11:16am On Sep 16, 2014
Gospel367: I want to install a flavour of linux on an old laptop and I have decided to go for linux mint 13 xfce but the problem is that the size of the iso image is too large (up to 820mb) and i doubt any of nigerian network will be fast enough to download it and even if it fast, i dont have cash now to subscribe for a plan. So I want to know whether it is possible to get these my choice of linux flavour that is already burned into a cd or dvd at a minimal cost or from someone who already used it or does not need it anymore or from someone who is kind enough to help a brother in need....thanks

I can provide you the DVD buy you might have to pay for it. unfortunately.
Re: Linux Installation by purplekayc(m): 11:54am On Sep 16, 2014
Go to fedora website and request for cd /dvd of their latest operating system software.Tthey give out free every month all you have to do is fill out a form and you can either request for a cd or dvd in either 32bit (x86) or 64bit (x64).
Re: Linux Installation by Mellorix: 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
purplekayc: Go to fedora website and request for cd /dvd of their latest operating system software.Tthey give out free every month all you have to do is fill out a form and you can either request for a cd or dvd in either 32bit (x32) or 64bit (x86).

that would probably take ages to get to you.
Re: Linux Installation by purplekayc(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mellorix:

that would probably take ages to get to you.
five weeks.
Or you can either download it yourself @ home
Or go to a good cafe which will take hours .your choice
Re: Linux Installation by Gospel367: 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
purplekayc: Go to fedora website and request for cd /dvd of their latest operating system software.Tthey give out free every month all you have to do is fill out a form and you can either request for a cd or dvd in either 32bit (x86) or 64bit (x64).
purplekayc: Go to fedora website and request for cd /dvd of their latest operating system software.Tthey give out free every month all you have to do is fill out a form and you can either request for a cd or dvd in either 32bit (x86) or 64bit (x64).
thanks for the advice. Can you drop a link to the fedora website?
Re: Linux Installation by Gospel367: 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mellorix:

I can provide you the DVD buy you might have to pay for it. unfortunately.
But do you stay or live in owerri?
Re: Linux Installation by purplekayc(m): 8:05am On Sep 20, 2014
Re: Linux Installation by Mellorix: 9:03am On Sep 20, 2014
Gospel367: But do you stay or live in owerri?

No i dont , but i can send it to your location and you pick it up from someone at Owerri.

(1) (Reply)

A Type Of Linux Hack That Affects Laptops / 5 Slim Ultrabooks (laptop) Of The Year 2015 With HIGH PERFORMANCE / A Full Multipurpose Business Or Personal Website For Only #16,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.