Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,771 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

I Tamed ‘leopard Of Port Harcourt’ Rotimi Amaechi– AIG Joseph Mbu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Tamed ‘leopard Of Port Harcourt’ Rotimi Amaechi– AIG Joseph Mbu (571 Views)

AIG Mbu Orders Arrest Of 50 Police Officers For Dressing Shabbily. / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Tamed ‘leopard Of Port Harcourt’ Rotimi Amaechi– AIG Joseph Mbu by solaugo1: 7:03am On Sep 16, 2014

An Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Joseph Mbu, has described himself as a lion, who tamed the ‘leopard of Port Harcourt’.

Mbu, who was apparently referring to Governor Rotimi Amaechi of River State where he served as the Commissioner of Police before he was posted to Abuja stated that it was only a lion that could tame a leopard.

Mbu, who was recently promoted AIG, said this while handing over to the new FCT Commissioner of Police, Wilson Inalegwu, on Monday in Abuja.

He advised his successor to be firm in his dealings with policemen in his command and avoid soiling himself.

“I advise you (CP) to carry the senior officers along in your administration. It is only a lion that can tame a leopard. I tamed the leopard in Port Harcourt; each time he remembers my face, he would remember how I tamed him,” Mbu said, drawing loud laughter from the audience.

He advised Inalegwu to discourage policemen from going for special duties, noting that the obligation of policemen was to the general public and not to provide protection for only the elite.

He also urged the new CP not to deal with his personnel with sentiments, stressing that he would fail if he gives unnecessary concessions to the officers and men working with him.

He stated that the Force needed strong leadership to achieve results, adding that he had put the command on a solid pedestal, noting that under him, the command procured 5,000 special raincoats with the assistance of the FCT Minister, Senator Bala Mohammed.

Mbu added that he was able to save N10m from the ‘FCT logistics’ and bought two buses to transport the rank and file to their duty posts.

Mbu, who is now in charge of Zone 7, Abuja, explained that there was no petition against him throughout his tenure as the CP in charge of FCT, because he dealt with the people fairly.

Inalegwu in his response, promised to build on the foundation laid by his predecessor and challenged the officers to relate more with the community.

Read more @ http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/i-tamed-leopard-of-port-harcourt-aig-joseph-mbu/
Re: I Tamed ‘leopard Of Port Harcourt’ Rotimi Amaechi– AIG Joseph Mbu by texazzpete(m): 7:15am On Sep 16, 2014
And this from a man whose job it was to keep the peace in Rivers State.

If only he could boast about taming kidnappers, robbers and oil thieves.

(1) (Reply)

Katsina Governor Reportedly Orders Student Detained For Criticizing Him On Faceb / Rochas To Make IMSU Go Extinct / Which One Is The Most Painful??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.