Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out (20233 Views)

Ezekwesili: We’re Being Reminded Of Military Era. The Cable. / SSS Uncovers Stockpiles Of Arms, Ammunition In Akwa Ibom Govt House-PremiumTimes / DSS Invasion Of Akwa Ibom Govt’s House Unacceptable – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by GodMode: 10:52am On Sep 16, 2014
BlackTechnology:
His words: “When you are talking about allocation of N135.84 billion, it sounds big to you, but it is not a lot of money when you are doing key projects. When you look at projects like the new international stadium, these are not bread and butter projects. These are quality projects that cost money.

“You don’t build flyovers with N1 or N2. You don’t build underground tunnels with N2; you don’t dualize federal roads with N2; you build them with billions, so you put these monies into big projects. So, the states you are mentioning, are they able to do these types of projects?”

Every good state government desire to transform their states into a mini America.
This causing them to build beautiful infrastructure as fulfilment of their dream

But one challenge we face is in balancing infrastructural development and financial empowerment of indigenes with limited resources.

SOLUTION TO THIS DILEMMA

1) Invest in profitable ventures and infrastructures first then

2) Use the profits and low taxes to obtain and clear loans for infrastructures that generate little or no income. Eg Schools Hospitals Stadiums Roads Bridges etc.

" Prepare your fields(assets) first after that build your house(liability) "
PROVERBS 24: 27

Asset which is what puts money into your pocket should come first before liability which is what takes away money from your pocket

For every liability built, they should be assets whose incomes can sustain it

The Stadium which profitable ventures are sustaining its maintenance and loan if it was built with borrowed money

Likewise other infrastructures

Akwa Ibom govt you failed in this aspect.

Pls don't teach people nonsense.

A house is an asset.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by BlackTechnology: 10:57am On Sep 16, 2014
GodMode:

Pls don't teach people nonsense.

A house is an asset.

If it puts money into your pocket it is an asset
But if it takes money out of your pocket it is a liability

The only other time when a liability house becomes an asset house is when it is sold.

Pls read

Rich dad poor dad
By

Robert Kiyosaki

It will improve your socio-financial knowledge
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 16, 2014
OP your title is misleading! He said Akwa Ibom needs more money, he didn't say Akwa Ibom is broke (penny-less). You had to rush and place an eye catching title with an obvious lack of understanding of the issue you've posted, obviously to get front page attention. Shameful! Read and understand the news before you decide to translate it properly (as it is) or translate it stupidly (as you like, not caring about little facts). Oh and a lot of senseless comments from some folks on here, clearly majority of you read without understanding. Shame!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by nigerianvenom(m): 11:07am On Sep 16, 2014
omenka: Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!

So this means there's no hope for striking civil servants.
They had sooo much money they didn't know what to do with it; sponsoring one wedding or another, hosting celebrities, and santa clausing like mother theresa!!

Akpabio should be arrested immediately he leaves that office! That man is a terrible criminal!!

u are a big fool.who told u that aks civil servant are being owed?is it ur amala and ewedu leaders that owed them?
stop acting like an imbeci!e which we know u are.focus on ur ibadan and oshgbo that is turning into a dumping site.
when all the APC's state donated 1billion naira each for tinubu's birthday,did u complained?why are u now complaining about a state u havent been to b4?
blind bingoo

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by omenka(m): 11:16am On Sep 16, 2014
nigerianvenom:

u are a big fool.who told u that aks civil servant are being owed?is it ur amala and ewedu leaders that owed them?
stop acting like an imbeci!e which we know u are.focus on ur ibadan and oshgbo that is turning into a dumping site.
when all the APC's state donated 1billion naira each for tinubu's birthday,did u complained?why are u now complaining about a state u havent been to b4?
blind bingoo
You sound too dull to warrant an appropriate response. Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by omenka(m): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2014
evegran: OP your title is misleading! He said Akwa Ibom needs more money, he didn't say Akwa Ibom is broke (penny-less). You had to rush and place an eye catching title with an obvious lack of understanding of the issue you've posted, obviously to get front page attention. Shameful! Read and understand the news before you decide to translate it properly (as it is) or translate it stupidly (as you like, not caring about little facts). Oh and a lot of senseless comments from some folks on here, clearly majority of you read without understanding. Shame!
You sound so pained. Are you the governor's squeeze??cheesy

2 Likes

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Wisdytech(m): 11:20am On Sep 16, 2014
Why my dear state na? EFCC SHOULD INVESTIGATE this matter please....
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by matrixme(m): 11:21am On Sep 16, 2014
I think the investment in infrastructure by the state is not a waste of funds. Most of these governors have their strong points, and so far, no one has effectively delivered in every sector. In one way or another, all politicians are thieves also, so we should not castigate Akpabio too much. I can only say that his investment on roads may not carry much effect, as surrounding Rivers and Abia state don't share that luxury. I mean why spend two to three hours in PH hold up to save few minutes as you drive through Uyo? Who has it profited?
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by penny01502: 11:25am On Sep 16, 2014
PAT4HOT: I said it....Akpabio has been brainwashing us since 2007, now he wants to bring Udom to continue dancing to his tune.

The poll will agree by next year.
wouldn't you shut your smelling fuckkkkkking mouth up?
bullshit do you really know the meaning of brainwashing? I feel like giving the fuckkkkkking you a knock on your stup*id head, you dwarf!
Imagine how you open your mouth wide as if you are something better
its either you are brainwash by those bigot ingret Ibibios whose eyes are blind to see the reality and the transformation going on in the state.
I don't even know who on planet earth shows the foolish you road to nairaland embarassed.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 16, 2014
omenka: This man should be caught and castrated and have his balls and brains fed to pigs!! Of the said money that has accrued to the state over the period under review by the fiscal commission, how many multi billion naira projects have been delivered?? angry These men make me sick to my stomach!! They think all Ngerians are fools?? They mess with little girls whom they are old enough to parent, get their brains screwed overnight, and then wake up the next dey to spew crap all over the media!!

This is so anoying!!
If you think you can rule better, please 2015 is close, get up, walk to the nearest INEC office, get a form and vie for the position of governor. This governor transformed the state from nothing to something. All his roads are strong, very very strong! Do you want to compare the road he built and he is building with the 4years active-life roads most governors are building? Transforming a state's infrastructure is very expensive because it consumes so much!
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Transluxpaints(m): 11:35am On Sep 16, 2014
they don thief the money finish
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 16, 2014
BlackTechnology:

If it puts money into your pocket it is an asset
But if it takes money out of your pocket it is a liability

The only other time when a liability house becomes an asset house is when it is sold.

Pls read

Rich dad poor dad
By

Robert Kiyosaki

It will improve your socio-financial knowledge

Brother, pls don't stay that. A house is an asset when it helps the owner to generate funds e.g a landlord!
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by cjrane: 11:38am On Sep 16, 2014
abagoro: BY JOE EFFIONG, UYO ON SEPTEMBER 16, 2014 · COVER
Akwa Ibom State Government has said it may not be able to pay contractors for new projects because the projected revenue of over N400 billion expected by the state has not been realised.

The state Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mr. Aniekan Umanah, made the observation in reaction to the Federal Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) mid-year publication which showed that the state earned the highest revenue of N135.84 billion between January and June this year while Osun earned the least with N19.61 billion.

While debunking the claim that the state was the highest revenue earner in the country, Umanah said no state in the country earned up to one per cent of the revenue of the country.

His words: “When you are talking about allocation of N135.84 billion, it sounds big to you, but it is not a lot of money when you are doing key projects. When you look at projects like the new international stadium, these are not bread and butter projects. These are quality projects that cost money.

“You don’t build flyovers with N1 or N2. You don’t build underground tunnels with N2; you don’t dualize federal roads with N2; you build them with billions, so you put these monies into big projects. So, the states you are mentioning, are they able to do these types of projects?”

According to the information commissioner, the much touted N135.84 billion was a ‘drop in the ocean’ when juxtaposed with the over N400 billion 2014 budget estimates of the state government which provided for 80 per cent capital expenditure and 20 per cent recurrent expenditure.

“If God allows you to have something from your God-given resources, you also need to apply these resources to key infrastructure that would help turn your state around in terms of the right infrastructure, and I think Akwa Ibom has been prudent.

“If you look at that money you are talking about, if you take 80 per cent of it, you will be talking about N80 billion and then you may be talking about N20 bilion for recurrent. What will that amount to? If you juxtapose that with the budget of the state you can see that we are running a deficit.

“If that is what we have as half year report, and we have over N400 billion as budget estimates for 2014, you can see clearly that we are running a deficit and we may not have money to pay for projects,” he said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=81886

I knew it would be this abo.ki posting about Akwa Ibom. What about Kano under Kwanskwaso? In spite of stealing a lion share of the federation money, the man does not have any tangible projects to show for it. Even Jigawa has much more projects than Kano!
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by BlackTechnology: 11:41am On Sep 16, 2014
chinziaski:

Brother, pls don't stay that. A house is an asset when it helps the owner to generate funds e.g a landlord!

You are saying the same thing with me

If it puts money into your pocket it is an asset.
Eg Rents gotten from tenants which is used to maintain the house

If it takes money out of your pocket it is a liability
Eg When only you live in it and use your money to maintain it.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 16, 2014
BlackTechnology:

You are saying the same thing with me

If it puts money into your pocket it is an asset.

If it takes money out of your pocket it is a liability

Ok, good. We understand each other now.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by BlackTechnology: 11:46am On Sep 16, 2014
chinziaski:

Ok, good. We understand each other now.

Thanks
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by dayosaurus(m): 11:46am On Sep 16, 2014
Vikthor:
angry Fashola has done natin.... Quit supporting that APC doushebag!....

Be the judge.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/news2.php?k=2499
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 16, 2014
omenka: You sound so pained. Are you the governor's squeeze??cheesy
. I'm not pained. I'm just heavily disgusted! As I saw the topic, I was worried. It is my state, however I don't live there -so I had to read carefully. I hope this logical explanation will cleanse your dirty mind!
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by BlackTechnology: 11:52am On Sep 16, 2014
evegran: . I'm not pained. I'm just heavily disgusted! As I saw the topic, I was worried. It is my state, however I don't live there -so I had to read carefully. I hope this logical explanation will cleanse your dirty mind!

You are right to note the mistake

But Akwa Ibom governor shouldn't ask for more money if he had listened to competent economists on how best to utilize funds
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by khel(m): 11:52am On Sep 16, 2014
naijathings:

hahahahaha ... shey u know say u no get sense sha.

Hehehehehehehe... No vex na...you no sey 9ja get too many wahala at the moment, e go tey before FG consider their request...so make hin make quick money wiv NairaBet, sharp sharp.. xxxoLoLxxx
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by omenka(m): 11:52am On Sep 16, 2014
evegran: . I'm not pained. I'm just heavily disgusted! As I saw the topic, I was worried. It is my state, however I don't live there -so I had to read carefully. I hope this logical explanation will cleanse your dirty mind!
I hope it does too. cheesy

Errrm, your state is broke tho. Your governor can't seem to pay teacher's salaries anymore!! embarassed
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by chinasaekperem: 11:55am On Sep 16, 2014
omenka: I hope it does too. cheesy

Errrm, your state is broke tho. Your governor can't seem to pay teacher's salaries anymore!! embarassed
why are you mocking them, don't allow me disgrace your southwestern states here. respect yourself grin
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by BlackTechnology: 11:55am On Sep 16, 2014

How does this put food on your table

You should suggest a way out the way some of us suggested how SW can reduce debt
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Ttalk: 11:58am On Sep 16, 2014
ideology:

Babe, if I may, You are wrong, the state is run in such a way where the governor spends money at will, its not the fault of those in finance, but it's good they discovered early.

For me its better than heaping debts like Lagos state.

the only issue in akwa ibom is that 80% of the projects will not generate sustainable employment. Most projects are infrastructure not human development

That's the main problem, unlike Lagos, the projects they embark is creating permanent jobs and generating funds to the government.

Lagos state will now reinvest the funds or service their debts from the funds generate.

Bro, you agree that Lagos state is embarking on projects that enhances human development that generates fund to service her debt yet you prefer govt that spends without accountability, hope this your contraction is not borne out of jealousy and hatred?
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 16, 2014
BlackTechnology:

You are right to note the mistake

But Akwa Ibom governor shouldn't ask for more money if he had listened to competent economists on how best to utilize funds
. You're right and it is pretty clear he doesn't listen. Sadly! I am watching to see how this story develops, hoping the issue gets sorted. smiley
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by omenka(m): 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
chinasaekperem: why are you mocking them, don't allow me disgrace your southwestern states here. respect yourself grin
It beats me why some of you guys think anyone who opposes a PDP governor or a jonathanian must be from the south west or the north!! How do you guys arrive at that really

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by BlackTechnology: 12:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
evegran: . You're right and it is pretty clear he doesn't listen. Sadly! I am watching to see how this story develops, hoping the issue gets sorted. smiley

I have great believe that Akwa Ibom is destine to be the Washington of Africa

Note am Igbo but am convinced that Akwa Ibom is blessed.

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 16, 2014

. Now it is apparent you're one of those sadists from other tribes who doesn't appreciate the development of Akwa Ibom state or even the development of places outside your tribe. I can smell jealousy all around ya! And you're delighted my state is going through this. Well as a proud oron lady, I'm optimistic for my state- so how about you save your criticisms or pile em up together and throw em at your Gov whoever the Bleep he is.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Heycube(m): 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
Kayraph: Who are they crying to? When they were squandering the money did they cry?

Nahshockedshockedshocked:oOOO
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
BlackTechnology:

I have great believe that Akwa Ibom is destine to be the Washington of Africa

Note am Igbo but am convinced that Akwa Ibom is blessed.
. Thank you for your optimism. smiley. If most Nigerians reasoned like you or delighted themselves in the progress of the whole country, Nigeria would probably have been developed.

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by ideology(m): 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
ferdimako:
Dey there dey mumu yourself.

Seriously you have not made any point, try and say something reasonable.

Am aware the state governor spends recklessly, am aware that they embark on big projects as a means of looting, am aware that even the money spent on projects is still less than allocation after wage bill.

Just say something I can reason with.
Then Mention any state that you think is not doing similar things.

Ps: the governor didn't leave the state the same where he met.
2. He has made name for "himself " even across continents.
3. No amount of rants here will change anything or even make APC win in the state
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by BlackTechnology: 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
evegran: . Thank you for your optimism. smiley. If most Nigerians reasoned like you or delighted themselves in the progress of the whole country, Nigeria would probably have been developed.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki / Nigeria Signs Agreement With UAE On Recovery Of Stolen Funds / Navy Arrests Avengers’ Logistics Supplier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.