Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,303 members, 7,780,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:10 PM

I’m A Lion That Tames Leopards, Boasts Joseph Mbu. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I’m A Lion That Tames Leopards, Boasts Joseph Mbu. (520 Views)

Security Officers Pose With The Dead Lion Killed In Jos (Pictured) / Temidayo Joseph, Nigerian Schoolboy Hangs Himself In The UK (pic) / MUST SEE Images Of Girl Living With Leopards, Cobras And Elephants In BUSH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m A Lion That Tames Leopards, Boasts Joseph Mbu. by ralphcrown3: 9:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Assistant Inspector General of Police, Mbu Joseph Mbu has described himself as a lion, who tames every leopard that crosses his way.
“It is only lion that can tame leopard. Each time the leopard remembers my face, it makes noise, but if it knows I am around, it cannot make noise. A lion is a lion,” he boasted at an event in Abuja today.
Mbu, who earned national notoriety as the commissioner of police in Rivers State, by blatantly harassing and disrespecting Governor Rotimi Amaechi did not indicate whether Amaechi was the lion that he tamed while in the state.
Mbu also acted as commissioner in the Nigerian capital of Abuja and also entered the black book of human rights groups, when he unilaterally banned processions organised by the movement to #bringbackourgirls. The ban exploded in his face as he was overruled by the former Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar.
Despite his indiscretions and misdemeanour, he was promoted last month as Assistant Inspector General, further bolstering the notion that he has connections to Aso Rock and can do no wrong.

Mbu stirred the new dust about his lionised image when he formally handed over to his successor in Abuja.
He urged the new man, Mr Wilson Inalegu, to be firm and to sustain the current low crime rate in the territory.
Mbu, who is now the AIG Zone 7, further advised the incoming commissioner to act like father to the officers and men of the FCT command but should not exhibit sentiments.
“You are the father of the command. Do not apply sentiments when doing police work because when you do that, you will fail,” he said.
According to him, what the force need is a strong leader who leads by example.
He said that discipline among the personnel should be taken seriously.
Responding, Inalegu pledged to sustain the standard set by Mbu, but stressed that the command would be civil in dealing with the public.
Inalegu said that it was necessary to keep to best practices as the FCT was the convergence centre for Nigerians and foreigners alike.

source: http://odunlade..com/2014/09/im-lion-that-tames-leopards-boasts.html

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert: Beware Of Who You Deal With. / Be A Good Judge / What Shows Your Death Date Invented.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.