Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? (1930 Views)

Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV / Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office / Please Help With Guidelines In Writing A Resignation Letter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by contactmorak: 10:58am On Sep 16, 2014
I've been working with this company since 2011 and I was confirmed in 2012. Salary was stable all that period, but for abt 2yrs now, the salary has not been stable. I've even lost count of what they are owing me. I can't even remember the last time I collected the basic transport allowance that was to be paid aside my salary. The management always pleaded and assured that they will see to our welfare but to no avail. I got fed up last Friday and sent the Executive Director a text msg that I was no longer interested in working with them again due to the above reasons. Personally, I feel that I don't have a contract with them as they had breached our contract the moment they started owing me my dues and I was still delivering my service, so why shud I still need to write an official resignation letter or give them three months in lieu?
Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by jasper83: 11:38am On Sep 16, 2014
I feel ur pain bro, for working without pay. Bt always cultivate the habit of being professional in ur dealings especially in corporate settings. U av taken a gud decision but pls resign professional bcs u may nid them for reference purposes or may still work with them in future,Neva say Neva. The three month notification is nt comparable wit ur years of pain wit them. Pls do the needful, I feel ur pain.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by contactmorak: 11:48am On Sep 16, 2014
jasper83: I feel ur pain bro, for working without pay. Bt always cultivate the habit of being professional in ur dealings especially in corporate settings. U av taken a gud decision but pls resign professional bcs u may nid them for reference purposes or may still work with them in future,Neva say Neva. The three month notification is nt comparable wit ur years of pain wit them. Pls do the needful, I feel ur pain.
thanks bro. Really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 16, 2014
Oh! Jasper has said it all...
But friend that anger that made you send a text message would have been a professional one if tis channelled to formal letter...
But tis not late though...
Even if the devil shows he's smart,show him you are smarter in all cases...
Wish you the best bro....
Feel your pain too...
Gracias

1 Like

Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by contactmorak: 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
adeoti01: Oh! Jasper has said it all...
But friend that anger that made you send a text message would have been a professional one if tis channelled to formal letter...
But tis not late though...
Even if the devil shows he's smart,show him you are smarter in all cases...
Wish you the best bro....
Feel your pain too...
Gracias
what I don't seem to understand is why we employees try to act professional all the time, instead of expressing our protest to unprofessional employers. Is it professional not to pay someone who labours for you? That message for me is a form of indefinite strike. If they want to call back atleast to pay me my dues, I can reconsider them. This thing is very easy, we shud not make it complicated. Employers and employees are helping one another. I'm helping them becos they wouldn't have employed me in the first place if I cudnt offrer any help. Before I resigned, I was the best staff in the Lagos office despite not being paid. The annoying aspect is that they didn't even call me to say anything.
Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
U av been cofirmed as a staff so is normal u do d needful
Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by contactmorak: 10:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
gommex: U av been cofirmed as a staff so is normal u do d needful
and I'm asking,has the company done the needful?
Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 18, 2014
contactmorak: and I'm asking,has the company done the needful?
do u want to dictate to them or do u av shares in d company
Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by ITbomb(m): 11:43am On Sep 18, 2014
The world is getting smaller bro.
My principle has always been, if I am fed up with someone, I have to ensure that my last dealing or meeting with him/her ended on a good note, you may never know where you will meet again.
Get that letter drafted and delivered

2 Likes

Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by contactmorak: 2:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
gommex: do u want to dictate to them or do u av shares in d company
do I have to have a share in a company before I express my right as a worker. We had a contract, they breached the contract!
Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
once a clause has been breached in a contract the employment terms is invalid, walk out the next time u receive pay
Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 19, 2014
contactmorak: do I have to have a share in a company before I express my right as a worker. We had a contract, they breached the contract!
go ahead n sue them for breachin ur contract
Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by contactmorak: 8:04am On Sep 19, 2014
gommex: go ahead n sue them for breachin ur contract
I'm contemplating taking them to Office of the Public Defender. It works for most aggrieved workers. I need to get my arrears.
Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by kelvinodum(m): 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
[quote author=contactmorak]I've been working with this company since 2011 and I was confirmed in 2012. Salary was stable all that period, but for abt 2yrs now, the salary has not been stable. I've even lost count of what they are owing me. I can't even remember the last time I collected the basic transport allowance that was to be paid aside my salary. The management always pleaded and assured that they will see to our welfare but to no avail. I got fed up last Friday and sent the Executive Director a text msg that I was no longer interested in working with them again due to the above reasons. Personally, I feel that I don't have a contract with them as they had breached our contract the moment they started owing me my dues and I was st

I do feel your pain,but a honest opinion is to apply wisdom in this matter,here are some reasons why you need to at least write a resignation letter.
1. Someday in the future, its all going to come back,anybody in the coy can claim you stole some money and absconded,hence the reason why you did not resign. a resignation letter sitting in your file as well as a copy with you is tangible evidence that you did not.

2. When you get a better job and they are doing some reference checks with your previous employees,even though the coy was wrong to have owed you. they will still say you did not resign properly,how do you explain this to your new employer?trust me,they would still expect that you had done the right thing regardless.

3. Two wrongs don't make a right, you do not make something right by also going wrong.

4. if for any reason the company decides that they have well enough cash and want to pay all those they owed whether still with them or not and still compensate them for the inconveniences or there is a law suit compelling them to do so, a resignation letter stating inability to pay your salaries will go a longggg way,just incase,remember me then ooo grin

2 Likes

Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
While I did the same and have no regrets cos mine was a one man biz and I was neva given an employment letter, the oga was so callous that if u make refrence with is company he would spoil u ion front of anybody. Of course I knew from my predecessor. But urs is a company with structure and you wld have use the xperince gotten in ur cv. I don't think u can now.
Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by contactmorak: 11:36am On Sep 25, 2014
[quote author=kelvinodum][/quote] thanks brother, I've decided to write the letter. I'm turning it up tomoro

1 Like

Re: Is My Excuse For Not Writing A Resignation Letter Tenable? by kelvinodum(m): 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
contactmorak: thanks brother, I've decided to write the letter. I'm turning it up tomoro

You welcome bro

(1) (Reply)

Writers Needed For Brown Media, GRA, Ikeja,lagos. / Andron Homes / AB Microfinance Bank Client Advisor Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.