Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia (35556 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / A List Of Great Players Who Failed As Coaches / Chelsea Have Ruined My Mikel – Siasia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by stanisbaratheon: 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
Forwetinnah:

What's the essence of having him in a team if his job is to sit on an iron 'throne' with a seat belt. The game is called " FOOTBALL" not "BENCHBALL" or "SITBALL"

yea, but in football there are reserves on the bench......so there's nothing wrong in keeping him on that bench
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by lawrenceunaa: 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
that guy doesn't care na una coach de cause all this nonsense
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by Kog45(m): 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
Forwetinnah:

What's the essence of having him in a team if his job is to sit on an iron 'throne' with a seat belt. The game is called " FOOTBALL" not "BENCHBALL" or "SITBALL"
are u now saying all benched player are useless.
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by ladej(m): 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
EVEN AKI AND PAW PAW NO FEAR MIKEL

SHUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by Toroze(m): 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
SEYIKP: ARE YOU SURE OF THIS COMING FROM SIASIA? ABI NA YOU CONCORT AM, BECAUSE OF YOUR BLUNT HATRED FOR THE GUY.
Chairman Nor vex ooo but I heard siasia on brilla fm about a day or 2 ago and those where his exact words
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by Forwetinnah: 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
stanisbaratheon:

yea, but in football there are reserves on the bench......so there's nothing wrong in keeping him on that bench

Yeah. ..for someone building a career in football,it's completely wroooong!!
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by Forwetinnah: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Kog45: are u now saying all benched player are useless.

How many of such players have good careers in soccer? Drogba, Messi and Ronaldo are bonafide bench ballers aren't they undecided
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by miqos02(m): 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
alkanes1: Mikel Obi is a legend.
for where
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by moriton(m): 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
buskie13: customize it in such a way it has an input seatbelt

And hair dryer
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by Kog45(m): 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
surawilly: Former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia has warned that anyone who wishes to talk to Mikel Obi to raise his game, should equally be ready to take a slagging from the Chelsea star.

Mikel has come under intense criticisms following his recent sluggish displays for the Super Eagles.

And Siasia, who lined up the midfielder for the 2005 FIFA U20 World Cup and then dropped him for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, said that Mikel does not welcome criticisms.

“Someone would have to talk to him. But to talk to Mikel, you have to be ready for your own beating,” Siasia told Africanfootball.com.

This further confirms the awesome player-power the Chelsea star wields in the Super Eagles.

Siasia said that it will be up to Mikel to take the responsibility to step up his game.

“From what we have seen and what people are talking about, they don’t think he is giving his best. But he should be able to criticise himself,” argued the coach.

“He should do a self-critique. If he believes he is not doing well, he has to try and up his game.

Mikel Obi
“He has been watching the games from the World Cup, if he thinks he is not doing well, why is he not scoring, he has to be able to look at those videos and see the areas he needs to improve on.

“Nobody has to tell him. He is a professional. So, I am not going to criticise him. He has done well for this country but if he is not doing well like he used to, then something has to be done.”

Siasia equally conceded he is “confused” about whether the best position for the player is as a defensive or attacking midfielder.

“I am actually confused on that one, I don’t know anymore,” he admitted.

“As a defensive midfield player, it doesn’t mean you should not go forward or try to take some shots at goal. (Nemanja) Matic is doing it, Ramires is doing it, so how come Mikel is not doing it? Why can’t he cover the box-to-box play. If you don’t get into the box, you can never shoot at goal. So, that is his problem.”

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2014/09/why-coaches-fear-mikel-siasia.html?m=1
This is very wrong of Siasia going to press to rubbish your player.Siasia failed to realise dt Mikel still remain his boy bcs he passed through siasia tutellage.I dont see any reason why an ex-internationals like Ekpo,Etim and now Siasia a former Eagle's coach will go to press to castigate Mikel unduely.If i may ask what has been Mikel offence in the national team dt warrants all these insults from ex internationals especially Etim Esin who lack moral standard to criticise Mikel.I quite agreed that Mikel has lost his form but he deserve good criticism,not insult from a coach that cannot qualify Nigeria to Afcon.

1 Like

Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by NellyGhenghen(m): 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
surawilly: Former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia has warned that anyone who wishes to talk to Mikel Obi to raise his game, should equally be ready to take a slagging from the Chelsea star.

Mikel has come under intense criticisms following his recent sluggish displays for the Super Eagles.

And Siasia, who lined up the midfielder for the 2005 FIFA U20 World Cup and then dropped him for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, said that Mikel does not welcome criticisms.

“Someone would have to talk to him. But to talk to Mikel, you have to be ready for your own beating,” Siasia told Africanfootball.com.

This further confirms the awesome player-power the Chelsea star wields in the Super Eagles.

Siasia said that it will be up to Mikel to take the responsibility to step up his game.

“From what we have seen and what people are talking about, they don’t think he is giving his best. But he should be able to criticise himself,” argued the coach.

“He should do a self-critique. If he believes he is not doing well, he has to try and up his game.

Mikel Obi
“He has been watching the games from the World Cup, if he thinks he is not doing well, why is he not scoring, he has to be able to look at those videos and see the areas he needs to improve on.

“Nobody has to tell him. He is a professional. So, I am not going to criticise him. He has done well for this country but if he is not doing well like he used to, then something has to be done.”

Siasia equally conceded he is “confused” about whether the best position for the player is as a defensive or attacking midfielder.

“I am actually confused on that one, I don’t know anymore,” he admitted.

“As a defensive midfield player, it doesn’t mean you should not go forward or try to take some shots at goal. (Nemanja) Matic is doing it, Ramires is doing it, so how come Mikel is not doing it? Why can’t he cover the box-to-box play. If you don’t get into the box, you can never shoot at goal. So, that is his problem.”

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2014/09/why-coaches-fear-mikel-siasia.html?m=1

What is this rubbish article? Are u sure siasia said this? It doesn't make any sense to me. The coach is in charge of the team hence can criticize/drop any player he wants. What does he mean by," you will get your own beating" :-/ sounds like something a junior high student will say.

1 Like

Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by PurestBoy(m): 4:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
johnstar: .

What do you aim to gain by booking space?
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by johnstar(m): 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
PurestBoy:

What do you aim to gain by booking space?
hit ur head 4 wall na

1 Like

Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by buskie13(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
moriton:
And hair dryer
Lol.....una get bad mouth,..... grin grin
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by greall1: 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
My mama can play more than Mikel.
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by franklil(m): 12:13am On Sep 18, 2014
Mtwwwwws I tink say him go say if dem tell u mikel u no dey play ball lik bf again ooooo u don too dey slow den mikel go com jail dem since dem say dem dey fear am now, na anoda tory u com dey tel us mr siasia
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:07am On Sep 18, 2014
Kog45: This is very wrong of Siasia going to press to rubbish your player.Siasia failed to realise dt Mikel still remain his boy bcs he passed through siasia tutellage.I dont see any reason why an ex-internationals like Ekpo,Etim and now Siasia a former Eagle's coach will go to press to castigate Mikel unduely.If i may ask what has been Mikel offence in the national team dt warrants all these insults from ex internationals especially Etim Esin who lack moral standard to criticise Mikel.I quite agreed that Mikel has lost his form but he deserve good criticism,not insult from a coach that cannot qualify Nigeria to Afcon.
Do not mind them. If they know so much, why is Mikel the only one they pick on. He was our best player at the Nations Cup and Confeds. How come the once who performed below Mikel's performance never get threads opened criticising them.

Against the South Africans, he was our best player. The rest players caused the team to fail. Yet, it is Mikel's fault.

See him talking of defensive mid fielders leaving their role. That is the problem with Super Eagles from pre-World Cup, to the World Cup and Post World Cup.

Onazi creates an imbalance leaving his defensive role.
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 7:38am On Sep 18, 2014
wait oo was this not Siasia dat couldn't qualified us to Afcon?
Siasia if u like criticise Mikel we ain't taking u back as S E coach so f**k off and let Mikel enjoy his football career.....wetin u achieve for ur own football career no just make mi vex dis Blessed morning.
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by Pearlvictory(m): 11:35am On Sep 18, 2014
chinex276: Of cos nobody can talk 2 Mikel, even jose mourinho, dats y mourinho choose 2 customise his bench in CHELSEA.
heheh...customised bench wt seat belt and thick evostic(gum) on d seat.
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
chinex276: Of cos nobody can talk 2 Mikel, even jose mourinho, dats y mourinho choose 2 customise his bench in CHELSEA.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I'm dead!!
Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
buskie13: customize it in such a way it has an input seatbelt

Lmao.... U guys are wicked!

1 Like

Re: Why Coaches Fear Mikel – Siasia by buskie13(m): 8:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rilamaka:

Lmao.... U guys are wicked!
seriously sister...that's what he deserve,,even more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Photos From 2019 AFCON Opening Ceremony / Enyimba Parade The Nigerian League Trophy In Aba (Video & Picture) / Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.