Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? (6626 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband / Husband Catches Pregnant Wife Having Sex With Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by biafransoul: 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
Op, you're the problem in your marriage; you're simply not a man. You sound and behave like a sissy. The first offence is, you lost your job without no backup. Secondly, you failed in your business adventure with your wife. Thirdly, you finally lost your 'manhood' by sending her out to get the bread for both of you and in doing that, she tasted the forbidden fruit. So, don't you complain. Is it today you know that Nigerian women ain't loyal. You're only measured by what you can provide and on top of that, you lost the believe in yourself. Anyways, Tis time you stop sounding and behaving like a sissy. Man up and take back the leadership of your house. If she doesn't fall into line, then do what a real man supposed to do.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by cococandy(f): 9:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
coogar:

in the 21st century, paying attention to one's spouse = nagging! cool
Hmm. Oh well...
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by crackhaus: 9:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
nwando: I have a friend that says that if her husband ever cheats,she must cheat back and make sure he finds out
And she will make sure the man big pass her husband in every way a man fit pass im fellow man so that he will see her taste in men and shake her hands

Height o
Build o
Pocket o
Societal standing o
"Staff of office" o grin
Every measurable way
After she has done her own then they can talk of reconciliation if he wants to reconcile
Utter nonsense!
Any woman that does this to me thinking she's paying me back in equal & better coin is definitely delusional.

Unlike women, men hardly compare themselves or feel bad that their spouse got a better deal after them, we don't care about such things...this attitude is the exclusive preserve of women, that is why y'all are easily distraught after finding out the new chic is a big step up OR oddly satisfied with yourselves after finding out the new chic is a step down.

I might even end up having a drink with that man somewhere down the line gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
crackhaus:
Utter nonsense!
Any woman that does this to me thinking she's paying me back in equal & better coin is definitely delusional.

Unlike women, men hardly compare themselves or feel bad that their spouse got a better deal after them, we don't care about such things...this attitude is the exclusive preserve of women, that is why y'all are easily distraught after finding out the new chic is a big step up OR oddly satisfied with yourselves after finding out the new chic is a step down.

I might even end up having a drink with that man somewhere down the line gringrin

Look at the topic of the thread and the poster
Who is crying here and having sleepless nights over texts and FB messages?

2 Likes

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
Na wa ooo. A woman is busy cheating on her husband and this same husband has come to nairaland to complain about it and what some people here have to say is he is a nag?

Lord please bless me with a loving and caring husbands who worships the ground I walk on...and God decides to bless you with what you have asked him and then all of a sudden that man that showers you too much attention is now being called a nag?

I hail thee

@mr OP

She has a plan B, maybe you should start working towards a plan B yourself. I like caring men but when that person becomes a mugu and knows this and allows his wife treat him like one, his caring attitude can go to hell for all I care

1 Like

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
omoyeme200:

She disrespects me infront of her niece, children and grand ma(her mother) When I really needed her most she was not there for me even embarrassed me in public when we had a function in church

May God not give me a needy husband like this
Tua!
Next thing he will start dragging for my skirt and blouse

1 Like

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by crackhaus: 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
cococandy: Nwando and coogar lmao cheesy grin

Erm meanwhile no body should call the OP a nag. We don't know that.
He seems like the type that gives his wife the attention she needs. Just that in this case she doesn't want his attention.
Me I like me very sweet and loving men.
Not the 'braggadacio feeling funky on top nothing kind of men'
What makes you think the 'braggadocio feeling funky on top nothing kind of men' really bat an eyelid on account of you liking them or not? grin

2 Likes

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by coogar: 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
jennykadry: Na wa ooo. A woman is busy cheating on her husband and this same husband has come to nairaland to complain about it and what some people here have to say is he is a nag?

Lord please bless me with a loving and caring husbands who worships the ground I walk on... and God decides to bless you with what you have asked him and then all of a sudden that man that showers you too much attention is now being called a nag?

I hail thee

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by armyofone(m): 9:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
OP, it is time to let her go. I'm sure your peace of mind is important. Focus on yourself and children.
You really don't need anyone appraisal because you know where the shoe pinches and can judge your present situation.

1 Like

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by cococandy(f): 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
I was speaking for myself jare.
I'm sure they have their type of women.
I just love sensitive men. That's all wink

Where do you belong?
crackhaus:
What makes you think the 'braggadocio feeling funky on top nothing kind of men' really bat an eyelid on account of you liking them or not? grin
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by crackhaus: 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
nwando:

Are you saying you would rather he acted unaffected and unconcerned?
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
armyofone: OP, it is time to let her go. I'm sure your peace of mind is important. Focus on yourself and children.
You really don't need anyone appraisal because you know where the shoe pinches and can judge your present situation.

kiss

coogar:

Lol grin
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by cococandy(f): 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Crackhaus' problem is that he categorizes all men into one group and all women into another group.

There are women who don't give a hoot.
Not one.the guy is forgotten INSTANTLY the moment another one comes along.
Some are serial heart breakers. They don't care about your love or whatever it is. They love you when you're useful to them and drop you like you're stale the moment a guy with a better deal comes along.
I see such babes all the time. Sometimes I wonder how they claim to have been in love with the former dude at all.

Meanwhile there are men who are not flippant about such things like he tries to make it sound.some guys even when they've started dating again still haven't gotten over their ex.
I know some guys that will keep going on and on about a heart break they had in the past.
Sometimes subconsciously looking for the qualities their ex had in the new girl.

It's a big world of 7 billion people.

nwando:

2 Likes

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by crackhaus: 10:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
cococandy: I was speaking for myself jare.
I'm sure they have their type of women.
I just love sensitive men. That's all wink

Where do you belong?

grin
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by cococandy(f): 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ask him well well o
crackhaus:

grin
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by crackhaus: 10:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
cococandy: Crackhaus' problem is that he categorizes all men into one group and all women into another group.
Na wah oo...I told you this or you got it from the ever firing imaginative neurons in your brain? grin
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by zeb04(f): 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
undecidedEvery family thread has to turn into an argument one way or the other.

Mr op if being so affectionate isn't working maybe giving her some space will do the job after all, na when you they almost loose something your eyes go clear (which is what I think is happening to you. say the truth and shame the devil
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by cococandy(f): 10:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
crackhaus:
Na wah oo...I told you this or you got it from the ever firing imaginative neurons in your brain? grin

Mmm maybe I interpreted your post wrongly.

Unlike women, men hardly compare themselves or feel bad that their spouse got a better deal after them, we don't care about such things...this attitude is the exclusive preserve of women,

But I think when one says something is the exclusive preserve of one group,means it can't be found in the other group EVER.
You can't speak for every man.
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by crackhaus: 10:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
cococandy:

Mmm maybe I interpreted your post wrongly.

But I think when one says something is the exclusive preserve of one group,means it can't be found in the other group EVER.
You can't speak for every man.
You interpreted fine.

Comparing and contrasting the looks of an ex's new fling is the exclusive preserve of women. I'm yet to come across a man who after getting booted off by his woman, begins to rate the looks & aesthetics of the new man with respect to himself. grin

How does this prove that I classify all men into one group and all women into another?

You've been known on this site to speak for all women though...you know this right?
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by cococandy(f): 10:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
If you haven't met one doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

No you're wrong. I don't speak for all women. When it comes to what women like or how women react to things,I don't speak for all women.

But if you see it that way,no wahala
Goodnight smiley
crackhaus:
You interpreted fine.

Comparing and contrasting the looks of an ex's new fling is the exclusive preserve of women. I'm yet to come across a man who after getting booted off by his woman, begins to rate the looks & aesthetics of the new man with respect to himself. grin

How does this prove that I classify all men into one group and all women into another?

You've been known on this site to speak for all women though...you know this right?
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by TV01(m): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
OP hi,

You are clearly having it rough and have been painfully disabused of a number of your romantic notions. For the sake of the good men reading, I will trample on a few more.

Good girl? Please, spare us and yourself. A true good girl remains a good girl under any conditions. Unfortunately hypergamous sluts are wont to form “good girl” when the situation warrants it’s and only reveal their true nature under favourable conditions.

You may well have treated her unkindly when the balance of power was different? Not that that actually matters, a female prone to hypergamy will be true to her nature, whatever yours is.

Her encouraging you to have girlfriends is really to justify her sluttery. Even the most ardent and shameless of them will contort emotionally in order to validate their behaviour.

Right now she despises you and is doing her damndest to get you to end the relationship. Don’t be fooled, it’s not out of any concern for you or the children, it’s simply to establish another layer of self- justification. And please don’t mistake this for shame, it’s mere pretension.

I actually laud your desire to restore your union, although I’d question if this is just out of weakness and a sense of wanting to restore your imaginary idyll.

You also need to be totally objective and unsentimental about the situation. She may well have flown the coop emotionally and just be trying to precipitate end-game.

Any hope you have, does not only not rest in simpering plea-bargaining, it will be totally lost by it – as it will cause her to despise you even more.

Please stop pandering to her and overlooking her wilful disrespect. Take strident and purposeful action, be fully prepared for the worst and clearly demonstrate that you don’t have an f to give about how things pan out - even if you do.

Apologies for being harsh and please forgive my language. I speak so that you don't labour under any delusions and fully apprehend what lies ahead.

Gentlemen, you are men, present as such. Your framing of your manhood should never be influenced by your feelings, no matter how deeply felt or well-intentioned. Never ever cut yourself any slack or give a woman an inch – whatever the situation. You can’t force a woman to stay, but you can remain a man.

TV

4 Likes

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
God bless you for your post @ TV01
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by beeevan: 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
I smell pay back time,Just keep praying for her, don't let the devil steal your home undecided.
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by Roland17(m): 4:01am On Sep 18, 2014
TV01: OP hi,

You are clearly having it rough and have been painfully disabused of a number of your romantic notions. For the sake of the good men reading, I will trample on a few more.

Good girl? Please, spare us and yourself. A true good girl remains a good girl under any conditions. Unfortunately hypergamous sluts are wont to form “good girl” when the situation warrants it’s and only reveal their true nature under favourable conditions.

You may well have treated her unkindly when the balance of power was different? Not that that actually matters, a female prone to hypergamy will be true to her nature, whatever yours is.

Her encouraging you to have girlfriends is really to justify her sluttery. Even the most ardent and shameless of them will contort emotionally in order to validate their behaviour.

Right now she despises you and is doing her damndest to get you to end the relationship. Don’t be fooled, it’s not out of any concern for you or the children, it’s simply to establish another layer of self- justification. And please don’t mistake this for shame, it’s mere pretension.

I actually laud your desire to restore your union, although I’d question if this is just out of weakness and a sense of wanting to restore your imaginary idyll.

You also need to be totally objective and unsentimental about the situation. She may well have flown the coop emotionally and just be trying to precipitate end-game.

Any hope you have, does not only not rest in simpering plea-bargaining, it will be totally lost by it – as it will cause her to despise you even more.

Please stop pandering to her and overlooking her wilful disrespect. Take strident and purposeful action, be fully prepared for the worst and clearly demonstrate that you don’t have an f to give about how things pan out - even if you do.

Apologies for being harsh and please forgive my language. I speak so that you don't labour under any delusions and fully apprehend what lies ahead.

Gentlemen, you are men, present as such. Your framing of your manhood should never be influenced by your feelings, no matter how deeply felt or well-intentioned. Never ever cut yourself any slack or give a woman an inch – whatever the situation. You can’t force a woman to stay, but you can remain a man.

TV

@TV

Nwanne, I don't know you and have never met you but, may the fountain from which such words were drawn be replenished in abundance.. You have said it all..

Do away with emotions when making critical decisions, be pragmatic and decisive...
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by armyofone(m): 5:23am On Sep 18, 2014
Jenny, how are you and yours...Hope good.
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:49am On Sep 18, 2014
Roland17:

@TV

Nwanne, I don't know you and have never met you but, may the fountain from which such words were drawn be replenished in abundance.. You have said it all..

Do away with emotions when making critical decisions, be pragmatic and decisive...

TV01:

TV

Word!!!!

TV for President

Laughs In Spanish
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by ihedinobi2: 6:10am On Sep 18, 2014
TV01: OP hi,

TV
Thanks, big bro. God bless you.
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by Godmystrength: 6:21am On Sep 18, 2014
Chillisauce:

In addition to this. Pray. Oh yes, pray. After all you are her husband. You married her.
Pls don't forget, always wear blue and white strip boxers and dont repeat same boxer the next day.

Don't allow these misogynists to break your home . Most of these men have no woman on their own and want you to tow their path .
true talk o my sister wink
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by Godmystrength: 6:46am On Sep 18, 2014
coogar: one can tolerate a cheating hubby in so many
ways - but a cheating wife? angry angry angry angry

if i have my way, i would decree cheating wives should be treated the
way christian crusaders treated witches centuries ago. grin
Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by cococandy(f): 7:45am On Sep 18, 2014
I think it is wrong to call someone's wife a slutt. undecided
He may not even fancy it.

1 Like

Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by TV01(m): 9:51am On Sep 18, 2014
cococandy: I think it is wrong to call someone's wife a slutt. undecided
He may not even fancy it.

And I absolutely agree.

It’s a principle of mine – one I’ve mentioned repeatedly and still hold strongly too - to never denigrate the spouse of one who comes here for succour. It doesn’t help and can actually inflame the situation.

I actually wrestled with it a bit, but as I write at least as much for the “want to’s” and the “would like to’s”, I felt I had to make myself very clear and be starkly descriptive about what obtains.

It wasn’t meant for the OP as such and I apologised for any perceived slight.

Just as no one is a homosexual, no one is a slut. Sluttery is a behaviour. Even if we feel we are naturally inclined in some way, it’s still a choice.

Standards have slipped somewhat, but indulgence in physical intimacy outside marriage means you are playing the ho – sluttery. Very few of us are not guilty as charged, but we can repent of such behaviour and resist such feelings, and we don’t have to adopt it as an identity.

Did it touch?
How would you describe an adulterous spouse and one that is disdainfully flagrant about it?

TV
Re: Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? by cyclones(m): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2014
dytbabe:
Now let me even turn this all arnd

Did u care abt her feelings when u were cheating too?
Am sure she cried and begged for ur attention
Am not sayin what she's doin is right o, bt now u know how it feels
Pele, it will get better
Ur comment made me feel you cud be dat kind of woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buy CBD Products / My Wife Said I Should Not Be Massaged By A Female Physiotherapist / Home ‘n’ Moore — Kitchen Appliances/Utensils/Souvenirs At Best Prices!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.