Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,486 members, 7,770,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:56 AM

Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread (1995 Views)

Nairaland Love Clinic With Dr. Charles Nneji...(for Guys Only, See You Inside) / Match 'n' Tag [Suggestion Thread] / The Dating Game(first Edition)-suggestion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
Obinoscopy: How?
would one individual's problems be dealt with satisfactorily before everyone moves on to the next one, or each counsellor is assigned to each individual?.
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
nikkypearl:

If any one suggest KRALL!then I give up cheesy

*Runs outa thread*
sad why would you give up on me? undecided
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by Missmossy(f): 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nice initiative i nominate madam Chaircovercheesy lets see how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by Obinoscopy(m): 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
krall: would one individual's problems be dealt with satisfactorily before everyone moves on to the next one, or each counsellor is assigned to each individual?.
Each individual will post their problems/concerns and each counsellor will deal with each of them one by one.
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
I'm really happy with this kind of setup.

I have some issues with the setup tho.
It won't be nice if some selected few can make advice(s) on a particular situation, remember, we all have different life experiences and we judge based on that. So, giving this important responsibility to a selected few will limit how diverse the response(s) could have been.
I think I support Seun's opinion, let there be a general thread, post the link there, and if you have similar situation you can recommend the link and then the issue will be discussed and advice will be given.

I hope I made sense.

I also agree with the idea solely due to anonymity.
Peeps will be more free to say their issues.

But it will be nice if we can really verify the credibility of the to-be counsellors, cos it would be bad if they use informations made privy to them to judge users or used against them.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by daveP(m): 11:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
LogoDwhiz.... Always one step ahead of me with ideas. U stole my very thoughts. Still cracking to nominate. But il love this to be successful.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
daveP: LogoDwhiz.... Always one step ahead of me with ideas. U stole my very thoughts. Still cracking to nominate. But il love this to be successful.

Lol!
All is well.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by jhydebaba(m): 12:23am On Sep 17, 2014
Seun:
Wait a minute, that's what this entire section is for.
cheesy angry

It has been hijacked cheesy
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by Obinoscopy(m): 1:15am On Sep 17, 2014
cirmuell: Actually I don't really know much about people over there, but I just feel there will be more serious people over there than here, judging by the types of threads & comments one come across here sometimes.

my nominee: chaircover
iconize: OrlandOowoh is a professional love counselor.
nikkypearl:

Lalasty dear!was bou' typing yo name when I saw yo mention!

I would recommend

1 Tallesty
2.Temigrace
3.Mizmycoli(bet her mouth too sharp)grin

If any one suggest KRALL!then I give up cheesy

*Runs outa thread*
Missmossy: Nice initiative i nominate madam Chaircovercheesy lets see how it goes.
Noted.
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 17, 2014
Interesting initiative smiley

Thanks for the nominations

I am more than happy to participate and I am sure that others from the family section will too

We read so many heart breaking stories and when one looks closer, many a time, it is the foundation that was wrong.
If we can get the foundation right from the romance section . . . then the family section will just be a play area wink smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by Sunkyphil(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2014
dis person should b among d counsellor orikinla
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by cococandy(f): 7:07am On Sep 17, 2014
Supported.
He has a way of talking sense into young men.

Nashville too
And bellong
And thorpido
Sunkyphil: dis person should b among d counsellor orikinla
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by Seun(m): 8:35am On Sep 17, 2014
MizMyColi: However, I think what Scopy's gunning for here is a scenario where people can post with a high level assurance [this is where the email part comes in] that their identities are intact.
That there are a set of dedicated people who are there (here) for them.

I've interacted with popular NLers who have had to create new accounts just to talk about their issues.
That can now be avoided.
It's 100% ok to create new accounts for such reasons, as long as you make sure that we don't find out. It is the most secure way to go.
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by gbafched: 8:49am On Sep 17, 2014
krall: i want to be a counsellor. i am proficient in human psychology & guidance counselling.

you?
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
Obinoscopy:

I have sent you 4 PMs no reply. I am still pleading please. That handle is very important to me. Temper justice with mercy I beg you.

embarassed embarassed
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by Obinoscopy(m): 7:55am On Sep 18, 2014
1one: No single guy or girl should be a counsellor.. And by single I mean Young, Hot, intelligent, good looking but still single and searching.. The reason is because you don't put a Goat as a sentry over a barn of yams.

And for those who are single but in relationships.. and are still being considered as counsellors, they must be in serious relationships with suffient proof that their relationship is stable and healthy... Their partners must also come and register on Nairaland if they are not already members.

These are my own suggestions for now.
Thanks for your suggestions. They've been noted. Most of our Counsellors will be married folks. Though there will be a few singles in the mix.
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by Obinoscopy(m): 8:09am On Sep 18, 2014
LogoDWhiz: I'm really happy with this kind of setup.

I have some issues with the setup tho.
It won't be nice if some selected few can make advice(s) on a particular situation, remember, we all have different life experiences and we judge based on that. So, giving this important responsibility to a selected few will limit how diverse the response(s) could have been.
I think I support Seun's opinion, let there be a general thread, post the link there, and if you have similar situation you can recommend the link and then the issue will be discussed and advice will be given.

I hope I made sense.

I also agree with the idea solely due to anonymity.
Peeps will be more free to say their issues.

But it will be nice if we can really verify the credibility of the to-be counsellors, cos it would be bad if they use informations made privy to them to judge users or used against them.
Excellent idea. What I'm proposing is that one of the requirements for counsellors to review a counselling request is if a general thread on the request had been created by the nairalander in question.

For instance, if a lady needs counselling concerning her cheating boyfriend, she'll need to create a separate thread for it and then post the links in the Counselling Thread. This way she can get advice from both the general public and from the counsellors.

In addition, I'm recommending that counsellors can choose to offer counselling services to some already existing thread even without a request from the OP. The counselling services will be done on the Counselling Thread.

For nairalanders who don't want to expose their identity or who don't want to create a general thread, they can be anonymous by sending their counselling request to a designated anonymous mail. Then counselling will be provided on the Counselling Thread without revealing his/her identity.
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
Obinoscopy: Excellent idea. What I'm proposing is that one of the requirements for counsellors to review a counselling request is if a general thread on the request had been created by the nairalander in question.

For instance, if a lady needs counselling concerning her cheating boyfriend, she'll need to create a separate thread for it and then post the links in the Counselling Thread. This way she can get advice from both the general public and from the counsellors.

In addition, I'm recommending that counsellors can choose to offer counselling services to some already existing thread even without a request from the OP. The counselling services will be done on the Counselling Thread.

For nairalanders who don't want to expose their identity or who don't want to create a general thread, they can be anonymous by sending their counselling request to a designated anonymous mail. Then counselling will be provided on the Counselling Thread without revealing his/her identity.

Well, i greatly support this view and idea. Moreso, let it be that only the Counsellors should comment on the Counsellor's thread.

And so, those sending on anonymous will know that it was solely their choice to do so, not the unavailablity of an altenative.
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by DonaldGenes(m): 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
CORTANA: My girl friend is a Nymphho and a born again christian same time, how do i reconcile this two extreme conditions?
Help?

Can you throw more light?
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by DonaldGenes(m): 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
MizMyColi: The third poster before me is high on guinea grass and skunkcheesy

I nominate You and Andyblaze as co-counsellors grin grin Thank me later
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by MizMyColi(f): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
DonaldGenes:

I nominate You and Andyblaze as co-counsellors grin grin Thank me later

I saw your post and I be like:
angry angry

I saw your DP and I be like:
shocked shocked
grin

Go in peace dear, your sins are forgiven smiley
Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by DonaldGenes(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
MizMyColi:

I saw your post and I be like:
angry angry

I saw your DP and I be like:
shocked shocked
grin

Go in peace dear, your sins are forgiven smiley

↪↪↪↪↪↪↪↪Hehehe; pinch her ears and waltz off swiftly↩↩↩↩↩↩↩↩↩↩↩

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Love Counselling Suggestion Thread by daveP(m): 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
What will be the ratio of the married to the singles? 80-20?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LOL Before And After Weight Loss Testimony Pictures, Men Which Do You Prefer / Which Man Is Holding A Hoe (picx) / How True Is This (picture+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.