Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

If You Could Change Your Name - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Could Change Your Name (530 Views)

If You Could Change Your Name / If You Could Change One Thing In Your Life -- Right Now -- What Would You Change / If You Could Change Your Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Could Change Your Name by olorunthobby(f): 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
I dare say my Yoruba is flawless, spoken/written. You see, I am excessively proud of my heritage, such as it is, I love everything Yoruba, remember, I hail from Ibadan ....' Ni ile Oluyole, ibi ti Ole ti n jare ohun olohun'...... grin

I personally think it's sad that most children these days are denied the pride that comes with understanding the depth of ones language and wealth of their culture. They all seem to think the English Language is superior to their mother tongue. I find that attitude insufferable. As Lagbaja rightly said...'how many Oyinbo sabi your language?'. Wherever I settle in life, within or outside Nigeria, my children must not only speak Yoruba, they must also speak their father's language (he is from another part of Nigeria wink) and definitely without any exagerated accent that suggests they are foreigners speaking a backward language. Lailai!

Anyways, if you promise not to cheat i.e seek help from others, let's start a proverb competition......

Pari owe yi...... afe a je ma fe a yo..........

(1) (Reply)

Habits Your Roommate Portray That Piss You Off / Nairaland Android App / I Am So Addicted To Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.