Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,885 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:33 AM

Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here (15115 Views)

Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / Why Do Men Take Advantage Of Advanced Single Ladies? / Awaiting Fathers: Lets Share Our Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
* jumps into thread * hope am welcome. single ladies am here . I did not take my time to read through tho . I just wish to meet an intelligent , great sense of humor , thin voice single lady.*smiles*I got dimples.
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
Chillisauce:

cheesy.

Things are happening.
The Nigerian church is one part of the society that really encourage abuse. You find all sorts of group there. I heard some christain mothers look down on married ones with no kids, the married ones look down on single etc. If one can be depressed in a church then I don't understand why you should be going there . Church is meant to reduce your pains and not make it worst. Kai.

#Moonwalks back into thread#

Seriously, why would you attend a church that creates distinctions of its members according to status/ unfavorable circumstances? Are christians in a church not meant to encourage one another? Why such negative atmosphere? the moment you notice such in a church, you are to leave ASAP and find a more befitting and spirit filled church that focuses on having a close relationship with God. That is what a church should be all about. All these churches that emphasize on ladies getting hitched at all cost are helping to fuel the desperation among ladies. Nobody is saying you cannot go to church to seek help. but the way pastors have turned the whole thng to a joke is nauseating.Nigerian Women are too gullible for my liking. THEY ARE MORE LIKE TOOLS TO THESE PASTORS. see as all of them dey full church because of husband matter. Both the ones wey never marry and the ones wey don marry. After marriage, same ol problems about husband palaver dem they face. Women, una no dey tire to worry about Man? HABA!! I no fit live all this kind typical nigerian woman life biko!! its mentally and physically exhausting! I love my non-chalant self!! Thats why i am from planet jupiter!!

#moonwalks out of thread#

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Seriously, why would you attend a church that creates distinctions of its members according to status/ unfavorable circumstances? Are christians in a church not meant to encourage one another? Why such negative atmosphere? the moment you notice such in a church, you are to leave ASAP and find a more befitting and spirit filled church that focuses on having a close relationship with God. That is what a church should be all about. All these churches that emphasize on ladies getting hitched at all cost are helping to fuel the desperation among ladies. Nobody is saying you cannot go to church to seek help. but the way pastors have turned the whole thng to a joke is nauseating.Nigerian Women are too gullible for my liking. THEY ARE MORE LIKE TOOLS TO THESE PASTORS. see as all of them dey full church because of husband matter. Both the ones wey never marry and the ones wey don marry. After marriage, same ol problems about husband palaver dem they face. Women, una no dey tire to worry about Man? HABA!! I no fit live all this kind typical nigerian woman life biko!! its mentally and physically exhausting! I love my non-chalant self!! Thats why i am from planet jupiter!!

But the Op username means she is pastors daughter. Meaning she can't leave the church before the pastor daddy deals with her . That's why getting hitched is a do or die matter.
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
majekdom2: * jumps into thread * hope am welcome. single ladies am here . I did not take my time to read through tho . I just wish to meet an intelligent , great sense of humor , thin voice single lady.*smiles*I got dimples.

Na dimples we wan chop? Men are talking money and you're talking dimples. Mstcheww tongue
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
Chillisauce:

But the Op username means she is pastors daughter. Meaning she can't leave the church before the pastor daddy deals with her . That's why getting hitched is a do or die matter.

grin grin grin

That one no concern me o. if she wanna keep being miserable and spread the misery to other ladies who care, thats her biz. each and everyone with their paths in life. You either choose misery or happiness.

All i care about right now is dancing to M.J' thriller song o jare!

#Moon walks all over the room#
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Laird(m): 11:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
A FEW TIPS FOR LADIES WHO WANT A HUSBAND:
1)BE BORNAGAIN AND KNOW GOD: ACCEPT JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR AND MAKE OUT TIME TO READ THE BIBLE AND PRAY, SERVE GOD AND SERVE PEOPLE
2) BE POLITE AND CORTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL TO PEOPLE= JUNIORS, SENIORS, KIDS AND EVEN TOASTERS YOU DONT LIKE......BE POLITE BUT FIRM.IF YOU GO TO A RESTAURANT THANK THE WAITER AND THE DOOR ATTENDANT.
3)DONT DO SHAKARA OR PLAY HARD TO GET OR FORM NOT BEING INTERESTED WHEN YOU REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW A GUY MORE: KNOWING A GUY MORE DOES NOT MEAN SLEEPING WITH HIM OR SAYING YES THE FIRST DAY, IT IS ABOUT MAKING OUT TIME TO KNOW HIS PERSONALITY. SOME GUYS DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR SHAKARA OR FORMING OR STYLING OR I AM BUSY OR INSULTS AND MOVE ON IF ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED COME TO PLAY
4)BE TRUTHFUL WHEN YOU START OR WANT TO START A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP; TELL YOUR PARTNER THE HONEST TRUTH ABOUT PASTMISTAKES, INTIMATE PARTNERS, FLINGS, PREGNANCIES, ABORTIONS, RAPE, GROUPIES. NO PARTNER WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT THINGS THEY WERE NOT TOLD AT THE BEGINNING OF THE RELATIONSHIP
5) BUILD CHARACTER: HARDWORK, PATIENCE, LOVE, CARE, SELF CONTROL ET C
6) ASK GOD TO HELP YOU.
GOD BLESS YOU

5 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by damiso(f): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
peacettw: @op, I haven't really addressed your matter so here goes.
Snap out of it!!!
Girl, believe me when I tell you that the greatest regret I have now is that I married quite early. Please don't get me wrong. All I want you to know is that marriage is not all that it is cracked up to be. It is hard, emotionally draining but has its rewards too... just like being single can have its rewards too.
I guess all I am trying to say is that we should all make the best that life throws at us and stop wondering what ifs. I have become one with my reality and I have learnt to count my blessings. Like my mom will always say, we can't all expect to have it good in this world.... this is earth after all and not heaven.
You should learn to be strong. As a woman, that is your strongest asset. What we lack in muscle, we must learn to in make up in our minds. You mentioned earlier that being active in church helps. That is a start because unlike me, I have learnt that church is the one place for me to get even way more depressed. I say this because I can't stand women preaching to the younger wives it is okay to tolerate been abused just cos you want a marriage and guess what the Reverend fathers are in on this fallacy too.
Initially I did what you are doing right now, perhaps that is why I understood where you were coming from. But I have since grown up and have decided to take charge of my life or watch others bring me down.
My dear, it is sad we live in a country where we don't really see psychotherapy as a legit mode of solving emotional problems, but the one advice I will give you is to find that person in your life who uplifts you and takes you as you are. Have regular talks with that person. Be happy. Love yourself first. This is very important cos people treat you how you treat yourself. Be strong.
I really wish at the end that you get the support and love that you need here. I know I got mine from someone who cared. And now, I am doing fine now.
I pray you will get there someday... wish you all the best. Love

My exact thoughts on the issue..excellent post.

Marriage is wonderful don't get me wrong but it's definitely not a magic potion for happiness. Like life generally you have awesome,monotonous,not so good,downright bad days.Being single is not a curse and like has been rightly said by yourself and some others it's one of the best times to add value to yourself.I know the Nigerian society well as my younger sister is termed as 'over ripe' for marriage esp as at her age I had already had my first child but I am one if her greatest champions and even fight my mum over some of those annoying 'time scales'.I have even had people tell me i am wicked because I was married with a child at her age but I tell them I just don't want her to 'be married' I wish for her her to 'choose well' .I told a mutual friend she was doing a masters (she has the highest professional qualifications in her field)and the person said 'more certificates again?were you not married at her age is it to be packing Certs you are not a nice sister you people don't tell each other the truth you don't know it's get harder to conceive at over 30' I had to ask so if there is no marriage proposal her life has to stop spinning abi or she should stop improving herself.SMH to this kain mentality I told her Gods time is the best and those Certs are not a waste sometimes I just let peace reign in my life by refusing to argue with some people so I just let her be.

I wish I had acquired more professional qualifications before the kids came as it's harder to concentrate with studying kids,work,more money responsibilities etc but i choose not to dwell on 'what could have' but to move ahead with 'what is'.I don't regret being married or being a mother though as I certainly understand that life paths and choices differ so it irritates me when people try to plan my sisters life with my life timetable.I am sooooo proud of all she has been able to achieve in her career.

Enjoy and embrace whatever stage of life you are in while striving for the future to be better.I was telling a friend with older kids I can't wait for my kids to be less dependent on me and she said believe me you will miss these days sometimes when that time comes.Hun believe me you might not see it now but you will miss these single days that you are seeing as not nice sometimes (not necessarily wishing to go back but just wishing for some solitude) when you do eventually get married.

I don't want to go back to being single or without children but some Saturdays I wish I could just sleep till 4pm like I used to(if I felt like) without hearing the word mummy like 100 times embarassed.

6 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 22, 2014
damiso:

My exact thoughts on the issue..excellent post.

Marriage is wonderful don't get me wrong but it's definitely not a magic potion for happiness. Like life generally you have awesome,monotonous,not so good,downright bad days.Being single is not a curse and like has been rightly said by yourself and some others it's one of the best times to add value to yourself.I know the Nigerian society well as my younger sister is termed as 'over ripe' for marriage esp as at her age I had already had my first child but I am one if her greatest champions and even fight my mum over some of those annoying 'time scales'.I have even had people tell me i am wicked because I was married with a child at her age but I tell them I just don't want her to 'be married' I wish for her her to 'choose well' .I told a mutual friend she was doing a masters (she has the highest professional qualifications in her field)and the person said 'more certificates again?were you not married at her age is it to be packing Certs you are not a nice sister you people don't tell each other the truth you don't know it's get harder to conceive at over 30' I had to ask so if there is no marriage proposal her life has to stop spinning abi or she should stop improving herself.SMH to this kain mentality I told her Gods time is the best and those Certs are not a waste sometimes I just let peace reign in my life by refusing to argue with some people so I just let her be.

I wish I had acquired more professional qualifications before the kids came as it's harder to concentrate with studying kids,work,more money responsibilities etc but i choose not to dwell on 'what could have' but to move ahead with 'what is'.I don't regret being married or being a mother though as I certainly understand that life paths and choices differ so it irritates me when people try to plan my sisters life with my life timetable.I am sooooo proud of all she has been able to achieve in her career.

Enjoy and embrace whatever stage of life you are in while striving for the future to be better.I was telling a friend with older kids I can't wait for my kids to be less dependent on me and she said believe me you will miss these days sometimes when that time comes.Hun believe me you might not see it now but you will miss these single days that you are seeing as not nice sometimes (not necessarily wishing to go back but just wishing for some solitude) when you do eventually get married.

I don't want to go back to being single or without children but some Saturdays I wish I could just sleep till 4pm like I used to(if I felt like) without hearing the word mummy like 100 times embarassed.

In the next life, I'll get to you first before Uncle Damiso angry embarassed kiss
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by GboyegaD(m): 12:45am On Sep 22, 2014
ileobatojo:

shocked shocked shocked

This is the height of stupidity. On both sides.

Wow.

I agree but I saw something similar in my program. The lady was in her 2nd year while we were in our 1st and had to switch to masters cos the guy told her she needed to do that so that they could get married. They are Chinese though and a Chinese lady in my cohort did the same thing. I feel it is peculiar to 3rd world traditional economies.
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Stillfire: 12:56am On Sep 22, 2014
Sophyrocks: I am soooooo glad i am from planet jupiter!! Yipeeee.... I love my singlehood and i am soooo enjoying it to the fullest like you have no idea mehn. I am a positive minded person regardlless of circumstances and i do not give a damn about what the society thinks about my status since they do not care if i am hungry or broke!! That is why i find this thread depressing and Odd. I guess this thread is for the 'Marry by fire by force' crew. So amma do a micheal jackson Moonwalk outta this thread. Remember ladies, Happiness is within you and not from anyone else. Whatever energy you exude to men out there is what will either attract them or chase them away. Exude positive energy and not desperation. Have fun in your misery! #Moonwalks out of thread#

Couldn't have said it any better.
They are the ones that will turn every church youth meeting to a marriage discussion center.
I just cannot relate.
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by ladygogo: 2:10am On Sep 22, 2014
Sophyrocks:

That's why I stay away from naija churches. They further add salt to injury. grin

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 22, 2014
ladygogo:

That's why I stay away from naija churches. They further add salt to injury. grin

Lady gogo! Your tea don finish ni? I miss seeing you sip tea (with those hilarious comments) grin grin grin
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 3:31am On Sep 22, 2014
Wow! so much misunderstanding of my earlier post. What if I tell you that I belong to the later part of that story. Someone who was concerned that I might not get a husband due to my academic qualification told me the price she had to pay just to get married (dropping out of school). In my mind then I was like: what ladies do just to get married na wao. So I just thought maybe there are people like her here looking for someone to tell them what to do so as to get a husband. But not for me and people like me we are too focused for that.

I welcome all those new on the thread and also thank you all for keeping the thread going.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 22, 2014
nwapastor: Wow! so much misunderstanding of my earlier post. What if I tell you that I belong to the later part of that story. Someone who was concerned that I might not get a husband due to my academic qualification told me the price she had to pay just to get married (dropping out of school). In my mind then I was like: what ladies do just to get married na wao. So I just thought maybe there are people like her here looking for someone to tell them what to do so as to get a husband. But not for me and people like me we are too focused for that.
I welcome all those new on the thread and also thank you all for keeping the thread going.

No one misunderstood you
You were asking men what they want so other ladies can shorten their single days, what the women cab change about themselves so almighty men can marry them.

Sister, is there no other calling in life than being somebody's wife? If a woman doesn't marry all her life will she.die? Am done here abeg, never been able to play victim no matter what I have or don't have I stay confident, content and assured of myself no matter what, every woman should too
Hence I may never understand what you are trying to pass across. Wish you luck

6 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by plendil: 7:10am On Sep 22, 2014
aisha2:
No one misunderstood you
You were asking men what they want so other ladies can shorten their single days, what the women cab change about themselves so almighty men can marry them.
Sister, is there no other calling in life than being somebody's wife? If a woman doesn't marry all her life will she.die? Am done here abeg, never been able to play victim no matter what I have or don't have I stay confident, content and assured of myself no matter what, every woman should too
Hence I may never understand what you are trying to pass across. Wish you luck

No there is not. cheesy tongue

BTW rumour has it you just joined the wonderful institution. true?
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by plendil: 7:18am On Sep 22, 2014
Kai! Going through this thread just makes me wonder. . .

Laird: A FEW TIPS FOR LADIES WHO WANT A HUSBAND:
1)BE BORNAGAIN AND KNOW GOD: ACCEPT JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR AND MAKE OUT TIME TO READ THE BIBLE AND PRAY, SERVE GOD AND SERVE PEOPLE
2) BE POLITE AND CORTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL TO PEOPLE= JUNIORS, SENIORS, KIDS AND EVEN TOASTERS YOU DONT LIKE......BE POLITE BUT FIRM.IF YOU GO TO A RESTAURANT THANK THE WAITER AND THE DOOR ATTENDANT.
3)DONT DO SHAKARA OR PLAY HARD TO GET OR FORM NOT BEING INTERESTED WHEN YOU REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW A GUY MORE: KNOWING A GUY MORE DOES NOT MEAN SLEEPING WITH HIM OR SAYING YES THE FIRST DAY, IT IS ABOUT MAKING OUT TIME TO KNOW HIS PERSONALITY. SOME GUYS DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR SHAKARA OR FORMING OR STYLING OR I AM BUSY OR INSULTS AND MOVE ON IF ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED COME TO PLAY
4)BE TRUTHFUL WHEN YOU START OR WANT TO START A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP; TELL YOUR PARTNER THE HONEST TRUTH ABOUT PASTMISTAKES, INTIMATE PARTNERS, FLINGS, PREGNANCIES, ABORTIONS, RAPE, GROUPIES. NO PARTNER WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT THINGS THEY WERE NOT TOLD AT THE BEGINNING OF THE RELATIONSHIP
5) BUILD CHARACTER: HARDWORK, PATIENCE, LOVE, CARE, SELF CONTROL ET C
6) ASK GOD TO HELP YOU.
GOD BLESS YOU

You didn't say anything about her bedmantic abilities!! angry angry

But really, I dont know why I find the aphorism above hilariously funny. Soory oo dont mean to be rude, but some of you ladies are clowns. . . grin grin grin
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 22, 2014
What I hope this thread eventually does is that it changes the mindsets of some single ladies

Being single does not make you a victim. it gives you time to better yourself and take more time to study the man who is lucky enough to nbe your husband.

What makes you a victim is if you rush in and marry the wrong person and then start a lifetime of misery. All the people pressurising you wlil not live with you.

A collegues sister used ot cry to my collegue every day that she wasnt married. My collegue used to reassure her to take it easy and her time wil come.
She refused to buy a car and was flying on Okadas to work and back, so that men wont think that she was too "big" for them. She is 29

In the end she got pregnant for a divorced man in his mid 40's with 3 kids. The man had come on holiday to Nigeria from the US and they had only met a few times. A long distance marriage started and she is nursing her pregnancy singly. She is now complaining to her sister that the man is this and the man is that and he has changed since when she met him. Why wont he change? How much did you know him in the first instance?

I just couldnt beleive that after all that, that is the kind of man and life she settled for. . . .Its like she is still single but for the certificate. The man has 3 kids already and you are suffering your first pregnancy alone, which should be a very joyful thing that a newly married couple should share together.

6 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 9:12am On Sep 22, 2014
I actually started this thread for single ladies who are single and depressed. I wanted them to offload, share their experiences and also get encouraged by those of us who have been there but are no longer there. Not just because we are married or engaged but because we have realized that there is more to life than being single or married. Believe me I know what it's like to be single, depressed and lonely. I also know what it's like to take charge of one's life, have a focus, pursue it and get it irrespective of marital status. Hence I started the thread with my not so good experiences but I guess the way most of us criticized and talked down on such people made them not to show up. It's okay. It's also good to know that there are lots of single ladies with positive mindset. Whichever way I'm sure someone somewhere has learnt something. Life is about what you can offer, if you have the right stuff in you the world will stand still for you your marital status notwithstanding. Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by arinze4u(m): 3:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
PURPOSEFUL PREPARATION WHILE WAITING.
( Singles Special)
Delay in getting a marriage partner has thrown
many young women into state of frustration and
negativity. In fact, some have concluded, like lot's
daughters, that there is probably no man for
them: Gen 19:31 And the firstborn said unto the
younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man
in the earth to come in unto us after the manner
of all the earth: But is this really true? No! The
scripture says: Mat 19:4 And he answered and
said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which
made them at the beginning made them male and
female,
That means there is a man God has specially
prepared for you. The scripture cannot be broken.
Whatever God has said is always and ever true.
But while you are waiting and trusting the lord for
the best partner he has for you, there are things
you must busy yourself with. There are things you
must put in place to make you a virtous wife/
husband indeed.
1. Spiritual life
The spinsterhood/bachelorhood period affords you
the opportunity to develop yourself spiritually.
You dont know what lies ahead of you. But
through consistent prayer, you can prepare
yourself, straighten every crooked path and
destroy every evil arrangement of the devil. Pray
for a good and godly husband/ wife Prv 20:6
Most men will proclaim every one his own
goodness: but a faithful man who can find? There
are lots of false brothers/sisters out there who
have left the way of uprightnessand righteousness
but are on the lookout for chaste and godly
sisters as wife/godly brothers as husband. It is
only in the place of prayer you can prevent such
people from crossing your path. Never be tempted
or pressured to go for just anyone because time
is running out.only the best is good for you. As a
mother/ father to be spend quality time in praying
for your future home and for godly children. Pray
that your children will be a blessing to your home,
the church and the society. Also spend quality
time reading the bible and other seasoned books.
2. Social life
Take time to work on yourself, especially your
character and your attitude towards people.
Someone said: ' When.wealth is lost, nothing is
lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when
character is lost, all is lost. Your conduct towards
people will determine how people will relate with
you. Place value on people. Deal with anger and
irritable spirit. Show love to people. Be sociale.
Relate and interact with people. Learn: how to
cook varieties of meal, relate and cope with your
in-laws, finance management in the home,
3. Academic or Vocational Pursuit.
Do not think you have reach your peak. Enrol into
professional programmes and examinations you
can enrol for in other to broaden your knowledge.
You can also get yourself busy by attending
vocational training institutes like catering school,
computer training centres.
4. Physical preparation
Pay attention to your health and maintain good
personal hygiene. Feed well, exercise your body
and have a positive view of life. Dress properly
and modestly. Dressing shabbily will keep people
away from you ; dressing provocatively will
attract unwanted people to you. Start getting
useful household items like cooking utensils,
cutleries, bedding, clothing materials etc.
Above all engage in the service of the master.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by damiso(f): 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
alutacontinua:

In the next life, I'll get to you first before Uncle Damiso angry embarassed kiss

Aluta when did you become a hermaphrodite shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by ayinba1(f): 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
coogar:

nwapastor, i almost wept reading the above. you mean to tell me this is what single women go through at work, in our churches and even in the family?

please tell us more, i am eager to learn. grin

You are baddttttt
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by ayinba1(f): 9:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
nwapastor: Why is it that when a man likes/loves a woman/lady he often finds a way of communicating it but when he falls out of love he tends to just walk away without any explanation leaving the lady to keep wondering what went wrong? Sometimes the next thing the lady will hear is that he is getting married to someone else leaving the lady speechless (to say the least).

He probably wanted a taste, got it, then moved on?? I don't know. Maybe the guys can help
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by rofemiguwa(f): 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
Funny how the ones shouting marriage is not everytin,ur life doesn't end with marriage are the married ones. #justthinkingout# why una no remain single so you could be role models to show marriage doesn't define u as a woman.

Aiit am out!!!

12 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
damiso:

Aluta when did you become a hermaphrodite shocked shocked

I'm a CONFIRMED man angry
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 5:31am On Sep 23, 2014
rofemiguwa: Funny how the ones shouting marriage is not everytin,ur life doesn't end with marriage are the married ones. #justthinkingout# why una no remain single so you could be role models to show marriage doesn't define u as a woman.

Aiit am out!!!
Marriage is good and very good. What I'm against is our ladies keeping their lives on stand still and brooding over the fact that they are still single, always feeling depressed, lonely and pressurized. Let's move on with our lives what will be will be, at the appropriate time our 'Mr' right will show up.

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by ladygogo: 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
ileobatojo:

Lady gogo! Your tea don finish ni? I miss seeing you sip tea (with those hilarious comments) grin grin grin

E Neva finish o. Sometimes nairalanders can make you forget your tea.lol grin

Keep sneaking in and out you hear. Lol. I dey see you o cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Kimoni: 9:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
rofemiguwa: Funny how the ones shouting marriage is not everytin,ur life doesn't end with marriage are the married ones. #justthinkingout# why una no remain single so you could be role models to show marriage doesn't define u as a woman.

Aiit am out!!!

Hahahahahahhahaha

Your post got me falling off the bed. But with all objectivity, I think you have a point, ie it's easier for married peeps to advise that marriage is not everything just because they are married. Fair enough!

But take a minute to look at the message and not the messengers, could they really be saying the truth? there is a thread somewhere in family section for peeps esp women with marital issues to discuss their issues. Pls try and go through the thread and maybe you will understand where these married women are coming from. I saw a few single peeps who went through that thread saying they were scared of marriage.

My advice to single ladies is to always enjoy that stage of your life no matter how long or short it is cuz once you leave that stage, it becomes impossible/difficult to go back yet the days will come when you will wish for your single days to come back.

Also, the challenges of being single esp in Naija are very real and I disagree with anybody who says its all in your mind but as with all challenges, it's left for you to turn them to stepping stones. Challenges abound at every stage of life, just never let them get you down.

3 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2014

Aiit am out!!!

Yes the married women say that because they have seen the other side and they now know that marriage isn't what most thought it would be.Most single people only look at couples wearing matching outfits and smiling in public without realizing what it really goes on behind the close doors.Many married women will tell you that if they knew what they know now back then they would have enjoyed their single days better and Cherised it. Yes it is good to be married but you have to remain that marriage and all it's responsibilities, sorrows and joys are forever while your singlehood is for a little while. Even if you marry in your 30s most likely you'll still be marrie for a longer time than you'll b single so why not enjoy this phase

3 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by iykedare(m): 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
mcdreeezy: This thread has been polluted beyond recognition, such a shame. Sometimes, mature people aint really mature

jennykadry has always been known to be stoooupid. Since 1703 o. I just cant understand how a human being would love to fight all the time. the worse thing is that some of her disciples (lizabeth and aisha2) will always be here to sing her praises. What does jenny do for your girls sef? Does she feed your men or what really?

Old woman acting like a 2 weeks old baby.

14 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
iykedare:

jennykadry has always been known to be stoooupid. Since 1703 o. I just cant understand how a human being would love to fight all the time. the worse thing is that some of her disciples (lizabeth and aisha2) will always be here to sing her praises. What does jenny do for your girls sef? Does she feed your men or what really?

Old woman acting like a 2 weeks old baby.

Oga wetin i do you now? shocked shocked

Why did you mention my name? Did i do anything wrong by acting as a peace maker? Or where did you see in my post that i supported the

argument between them?

Please i dont trouble me if you dnt want heaven to trouble you

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by iykedare(m): 7:59am On Sep 25, 2014
Lizabeth:

Oga wetin i do you now? shocked shocked

Why did you mention my name? Did i do anything wrong by acting as a peace maker? Or where did you see in my post that i supported the

argument between them?

Please i dont trouble me if you dnt want heaven to trouble you

stop being an ass licker. stop licking jennykadry s ass. She would fight u soon

**waiting for heaven to trouble me**

3 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 25, 2014
iykedare:

stop being an ass licker. stop licking jennykadry s ass. She would fight u soon

**waiting for heaven to trouble me**

*Sick* undecided undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Baby Interrupting Parents During Sex / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 13 Years Of Marriage / How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.