Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death (3127 Views)

Child Marriage - 10-yer-old Girl Forced Into Marrying 28-year-old Man: (photos) / 28 Year Old Man Marries 10 Year Old Girl In Kano (see Photos) / Masquerade Kills 16yrs Old Girl In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by smile4kenn(m): 8:55am On Nov 02, 2008
A 13-year-old girl who said she had been raped was stoned to death in Somalia after being accused of adultery by Islamic militants, a human rights group said.

Dozens of men stoned Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow to death Oct. 27 in a stadium packed with 1,000 spectators in the southern port city of Kismayo, Amnesty International and Somali media reported, citing witnesses. The Islamic militia in charge of Kismayo had accused her of adultery after she reported that three men had raped her, the rights group said.

Initial local media reports said Duhulow was 23, but her father told Amnesty International she was 13. Some of the Somali journalists who first reported the killing later told Amnesty International that they had reported she was 23 based upon her physical appearance.

”This child suffered a horrendous death at the behest of the armed opposition groups who currently control Kismayo,” David Copeman, Amnesty International‘s Somalia campaigner, said in a statement Friday.

Somalia is among the world‘s most violent and impoverished countries. The nation of some 8 million people has not had a functioning government since warlords overthrew a dictator in 1991 then turned on each other.

Don't kill me, don't kill me," she said, according to the man who wanted to remain anonymous. A few minutes later, more than 50 men threw stones.
Human rights group Amnesty International says the victim was a 13-year-old girl who had been raped.

Numerous eye-witnesses say she was forced into a hole, buried up to her neck then pelted with stones until she died in front of more than 1,000 people last week.

But a witness who spoke to the BBC's Today programme said she had been crying and had to be forced into a hole before the stoning, reported to have taken place in a football stadium.
"More than 1,000 people arrived there," he said.
"After two hours, the Islamic administration in Kismayo brought the lady to the place and when she came out she said: 'What do you want from me?'"
"They said: 'We will do what Allah has instructed us'. She said: 'I'm not going, I'm not going. Don't kill me, don't kill me.'
"A few minutes later more than 50 men tried to stone her."
'Checked by nurses'
The witness said people crowding round to see the execution said it was "awful".
"People were saying this was not good for Sharia law, this was not good for human rights, this was not good for anything."
But no-one tried to stop the Islamist officials, who were armed, the witness said. He said one boy was shot in the confusion.
According to Amnesty International, nurses were sent to check during the stoning whether the victim was still alive. They removed her from the ground and declared that she was, before she was replaced so the stoning could continue.
The port of Kismayo was seized in August by a coalition of forces loyal to rebel leader Hassan Turki, and al-Shabab, the country's main radical Islamist insurgent organisation.

http://punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200811021591215
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 02, 2008
nawah ooooooooooooo
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by ifyalways(f): 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2008
WTF ! shocked shocked shocked
why do people hide under the umbrella of religion to commit heinous crimes and go free?This is so wicked,those guys must be so heartless.i wish this story is not true sha because i can't imagine what the poor girl went through before her death. . . . . . . .the pains must be out of this world sad
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by smile4kenn(m): 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2008
people are heartless,

I cant imagine the type of pains the poor innocent girl will go thru, stones!!!, she will scream for her mama sad embarassed
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by bettes(f): 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2008
Very sad cry cry
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by arramyjay: 2:55pm On Nov 02, 2008
very sad.
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by MissyB1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2008
What can I say?! embarassed cry
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by lucabrasi(m): 2:58pm On Nov 02, 2008
this is really sad,this is what happens when a coctail of poverty and illiteracy is mixed with religion, very sad and i just hope the western government will see this as a cry for help and the western media will will not potray is as anuiva ignorant african tradition or religious fundamentalism
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by Outstrip(f): 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2008
Only in Africa. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by spikedcylinder: 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2008
What is the stance of the father? Is he for or against the killing? undecided
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by shotster50(m): 9:43pm On Nov 02, 2008
Ignorance is playing a big role in Islam in Africa today,  A life has been wasted,
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by myndofgold(f): 1:41am On Nov 03, 2008
Things like this make me angry
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by TOYOSI20(f): 3:15am On Nov 03, 2008
Terrible. . . . . . . .when will there be an end to all these horrifying acts. . . . . angry sad
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by BabyJinx: 4:45am On Nov 03, 2008
[size=14pt]Nigerian Church Killing Children suspected to be witches[/size]

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHIMMoVK24s&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by Outstrip(f): 3:45am On Nov 04, 2008
If I had millions of dollars I will dedicate a portion of that money to build a jail and prosecute and put those parents in that jail. I will also set up a trust for these children. So sad. The kind of things that people do in the name of religion is terrible. Sometimes I wonder how God will judge. Where will he start. I keep saying that there are various levels of hell. Some parts have to be hotter. The woman that poured caustic soda on her child cannot be on the same level as the person who commits suicide. Some sins should not be forgiven
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by doyin13(m): 4:04am On Nov 04, 2008
lol@babyjinx

Seems you are ploughing a lone furrow tongue tongue
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by JamaicanQT(f): 4:38am On Nov 04, 2008
things like this make me so angry, its soooo sad to see that some human are still primitive embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by bawomolo(m): 4:42am On Nov 04, 2008
am not sure if primitive is the right word. just brainwashed by religious extremism.

anyway i need to get a feel closer look at that ikebe of yours
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by JamaicanQT(f): 4:57am On Nov 04, 2008
i dont speak your language so please stick to english, what does Ikibe means??
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by myndofgold(f): 5:02am On Nov 04, 2008
JamaicanQT:

i don't speak your language so please stick to english, what does Ikibe means??

ASS
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by bawomolo(m): 5:03am On Nov 04, 2008
myndofgold:

ASS

yansh, buttocks, idi, bakassi, behind. it's due for inspection
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by JamaicanQT(f): 5:14am On Nov 04, 2008
OK OK I JUST DONT UNDERSTAN THE LINGO AT TIME, YEAH I GOT A VERY SEXY IKEBE grin grin grin grin
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2008
yes of course. trust you guys to turn a serious thread into a bird watch. yansh ko, arsenal ni!
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by BabyJinx: 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2008
doyin13:

lol@babyjinx

Seems you are ploughing a lone furrow  tongue tongue

grin
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by bawomolo(m): 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2008
iceblue:

yes of course. trust you guys to turn a serious thread into a bird watch. yansh ko, arsenal ni!

why you dey jealous the jamo girl
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by smile4kenn(m): 7:18am On Nov 05, 2008
"Don't kill me, don't kill me," [/size]she said, according to the man who wanted to remain anonymous. A few minutes later, more than 50 men threw stones.
Human rights group Amnesty International says the victim was a 13-year-old girl who had been raped.

Numerous eye-witnesses say she was forced into a hole, buried up to her neck then pelted with stones until she died in front of more than 1,000 people last week.[size=12pt]

But a witness who spoke to the BBC's Today programme said she had been crying and had to be forced into a hole before the stoning, reported to have taken place in a football stadium.
"More than 1,000 people arrived there," he said.
"After two hours, the Islamic administration in Kismayo brought the lady to the place and when she came out she said: 'What do you want from me?'"
"They said: 'We will do what Allah has instructed us'. She said: 'I'm not going, I'm not going. Don't kill me, don't kill me.'
"A few minutes later more than 50 men tried to stone her."
'Checked by nurses'
The witness said people crowding round to see the execution said it was "awful".
"People were saying this was not good for Sharia law, this was not good for human rights, this was not good for anything."
But no-one tried to stop the Islamist officials, who were armed, the witness said. He said one boy was shot in the confusion.
According to Amnesty International, nurses were sent to check during the stoning whether the victim was still alive. They removed her from the ground and declared that she was, before she was replaced so the stoning could continue.
The port of Kismayo was seized in August by a coalition of forces loyal to rebel leader Hassan Turki, and al-Shabab, the country's main radical Islamist insurgent organisation.
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by redsun(m): 10:46am On Nov 05, 2008
Unfit creatures,what can one say about them?
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by chukwu25(m): 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2008
Reigion is the opium of the masses-karl marx

i don't why human will have to destroy human due to unjustified claims,in african the presence of witch craft is much wide spread,it is found in every african family i.e according to african history it is generational trend that happen,but then they were also kiiled and when the european discovered the sea route they were taken to the new world,that is why there were black americans and also too war captive and outcast were taken too. my point here is that instead of killing these people,we should find a way to help them,the presence of witch are everywhere,even in the advance countries of the world. So they should stop,even jesus i read about and know according to biblical writing did do kill the witches he delivered.
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by A40(m): 12:52am On Nov 08, 2008
The worst atrocities ever committed by mankind have been done in the name of religion
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by spikedcylinder: 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2008
A-40:

The worst atrocities ever committed by mankind have been done in the name of religion

I read somewhere that if you add the number of people that have died in wars, natural disasters, accidents etc up, they still aren't up to half the number of people that have died in the name of religion.

All this for something that hardly even exists. Its sad I tell you. sad
Re: 13-year-old Girl Stoned To Death by smurf(f): 10:05pm On Nov 08, 2008
Now I'm depressed. sad

(1) (Reply)

Photos: “fish Rain” In Thailand Fishes Litters The Streets After Rainfall / Oil Mill Market Port-harcourt / Ndi Igbo Ebem Is There Any Difference Between Igwe And Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.