Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:53 PM

Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story (15801 Views)

HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by seunviju(f): 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
Me I no trust this Femi guy @ all o

2 Likes

Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by onosj(f): 11:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nice update keep it up!
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
EP 16
Few months later, Julius is at home as usual, waiting for his nurse to show up. He looks at the time as he's so worried because its almost 1pm and the nurse is yet to show up.
At around 2:30pm, Nurse Tina shows up joyfully. Julius wonders why...)
JULIUS : you're late today...
NURSE : yes...(putting down her bag)...its because I've got good news for you..
JULIUS : what is that?
NURSE : I've gotten the number for you.
JULIUS : what number?
NURSE : the Sister's number...(bringing out a piece of paper from her bag....she stretches it out to him)
JULIUS : thank you God!....(He collects it from her) can we call her now?
NURSE : yes we can...(Bringingout her phone, she collects the paper from him)
JULIUS : I hope she can help...
NURSE : (dialing the number)...I'll call and greet her, after which you can talk to her yourself.... (Listening to the phone)....helloSister Anna?
RECEIVER : hello....who am I speaking with?
NURSE : this is Nurse Tina, remember me? I once worked at the St Peter's orphanage and maternity home...
RECEIVER : (trying to recall)...oh...yes I remember....howhave you been?
NURSE : I'm good Sister...
RECEIVER : its been ages...
NURSE : yes...I heard that you're now in Jos...
ANNA : yes I am...how is the family?
NURSE : all fine Sister.....please my brother needs your help ma.
RECEIVER : oh...how may I help?
NURSE : I'll give him the phone now so he can talk to you himself.(Givingthe phone to Julius)
RECEIVER : okay.
JULIUS : (Collecting the phone)...hello Sister?
RECEIVER : hello sir...
JULIUS : this is Mr Julius on the line.
RECEIVER : okay, how may I help you sir?
JULIUS : please...someone dropped my son in front of the St Peter's orphanage years ago and right now I'm on my sick bed....please I don't know if you can help me to locate that child and let me see him just before I die...
RECEIVER : (shocked)...buthow are you sure the boy was with us?
JULIUS : she said she stayed behind till a Sister picked him in.
RECEIVER : (thinks for a while)...please...let me get back to you...
JULIUS : please I beg you in the name of God....I'm dying, I don't intend to take him, if he's with any parents, I just want to acknowledge him...and know him....please I beg you.
RECEIVER : (takes a deep breath)..its okay...I'll call you back very soon.
JULIUS : thanks. God bless you....(He hangs up)
NURSE : what did she say?
JULIUS : she said she will get back to me.
NURSE : okay....don't worry, I know Sister Anna, she's very nice, she will help you.
JULIUS : thanks a lot. I really appreciate all you're doing for me.
NURSE : its okay.
Meanwhile, up in the North, Sister Anna was confused about the call she just received. She decided to see Sister Mabel about it...)
ANNA : there's a big problem, Sister Mabel....(Sitting down)
MABEL : what is it?..(Paying more attention)
ANNA : I just received a call now...(She explains to Mabel what Julius just told her)....and I don't know what to do.
MABEL : do you know which boy it is?
ANNA : I didn't even ask him. I was so perplexed I just told him I'll get back to him.
MABEL : .....hmm...if you ask me, I think its better to grant the man his last wish.
ANNA : but...
MABEL : (cuts in)...but what, Sister? After all, he said he doesn't intend to take the boy from the parents, isn't it?
ANNA : yes, he said he just wants to acknowledge him before he dies....but the procedures involved...you know we had a lot of kids then and finding the particular one in question is another thing...
MABEL : that's true...(Thinking about the stress involved)...don't we still have their files? I mean in the church's archive?
ANNA : I hope they are still there...intact I mean.
MABEL : that's true....well, I'll say you should try your best. You alone can help the man, you know...
ANNA : I will help him, once I have the chance of going back to the east, I will...so he can have peace before going to his grave. I won't be the barrier between the reconciliation of a father and son.
MABEL : good...do the right thing then. I'm here if you need me for anything.
ANNA : God help us.
MABEL : Amen.

Made was in his father's house in the UK when Tade, his friend visited him...)
TADE : guy, I've got two girls coming over later tonight...
MADE : what? Coming over where?
TADE : here nau, abi?
MADE : hell no, how can you just expect me to bring in some strangers from nowhere...
TADE : come on Made, is this house not boring to you? I mean, look at the whole house, somewhere good for fun, the pool is there, empty, let's bring in some girls and have a party, man...
MADE : no...no thanks...(Stands up and walks to the TV)
TADE : for crying out loud Made! This is what you do all day....what the TV...
MADE : yeah, I'm getting acquainted with the capital market and...
TADE : (cuts in)...come on...I thought you said you want to come and have fun...
MADE : hmm...may be this is my way of having fun...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
TADE : what is wrong with you?..(Sitting up).. You've changed, you don't even go clubbing again....its as if NYSC has done something strange to you...(Walks up to him)...Made, I think there's something else to it. There's something you're hiding...
MADE : no. Its nothing...
TADE : that's a lie....okay if you know there's nothing wrong let's bring the girls over then.
MADE : Tade, you won't bring some prostitutes here for sex, hell no.
TADE : oh come on Made....(Looks at him and notices his seriousness. Knowing Made is a person that sticks to his 'No' when he's like that, he looks for an alternative)...alright...we can just take them to the club then?
MADE : I'm not in the mood for it Tade, just go with them if you want to.
TADE : okay...(Shakinghis head)...but I know there's something you're not saying...or do you have a girlfriend already?
MADE : why did you say that?
TADE : well, because you keep acting like someone that's heart broken.
MADE : (hisses)...comeoff it Tade...I'm thinking of working somewhere...
TADE : (shocked)...what? Working? Why do you want to work? Didn't your Mum send you money anymore?
MADE : I think I miss doing something...I mean, I'm a first class student of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management and I've not even put any of this into practice you know....
TADE : huh!...Made, you make me sick! Why do you change your mind like a TV station changes its pictures!...(Standing up)....I'm out of here...
MADE : Tade, wait!...(Going after him)...its not that...wait, I'll tell you everything may be you can help me out somehow....
TADE : better....now we're getting somewhere....(Going to take a seat)...
MADE : (takes a deep breath)...really I don't even know where to start...
TADE : start at the same place it started...
MADE : okay...I'll tell you...
Femi is in his house, he had just taken some wine from the wine bar and was about settling down with it when he received a call from Chidi...)
FEMI : (picks up his phone)....helloChidex!
CALLER : sup Femi....how have you been?
FEMI : I'm very good o....guess what?
CALLER : what?
FEMI : I'm Bolanle's personal teacher.
CALLER : who is Bolanle?
FEMI : haha...Bolanle nau, Made's cousin....
CALLER : what! (surprised) its a lie!
FEMI : I'm telling you.
CALLER : why? What for? Your father has enough money to last you till thy kingdom come...
FEMI : (laughing) you know I've never being into my father's money. I love to make mine myself.
CALLER : but....I don't understand you...
FEMI : you can't understand....
CALLER : wait! Wait! Wait! Don't tell me its what I'm thinking!
FEMI : what are you thinking?
CALLER : Femi are you...interested in that girl?
FEMI : can't a man be himself again?
CALLER : being yourself...waitsef, how did you do it? I don't get...
FEMI : remember I told you I went to get Made's number...(he explains how he became Bola's personal teacher to him).......and that's it. In fact I've been taking her for some months now...
CALLER : chai! Femi! I don't trust you this guy! You're after something.
FEMI : but you know I love teaching...
CALLER : go joor! Okay....is she looking for a math teacher? I can take her math.
FEMI : no o, she's not. I only replaced her English teacher who left...moreover, you've got a job.
CALLER : well, I can do it part time...
FEMI : not accepted.
CALLER : you this guy, I don't trust you.
FEMI : (laughing) I'm a good guy o...
CALLER : yeah right!...
FEMI : I'll get back to you. I have a class in an hour....
CHIDI : alright, but send me Made's number.
FEMI : okay, I will.
*******Proudly Achiever's Youth Network *******
After hanging up, Chidi could not believe what he just heard....)
CHIDI : chai! I can remember we didn't see that girl the day we went for that party....and that's one of the reason's why I went to Made's Party o, to know their house so as to check her up sometime.....I'm sure Femi is up to something.... He never showed interest in that girl then...now he's taking her english....english! And his father is a Millionaire!....what is this guy looking for again?.....(Thinks of Bola)...I'm sure that girl is changed now....what can I do o.....(He was still thinking of what to do when he received Made's number as text message from Femi)...yes, I know what to do...(He picks up his phone and dials.....hello?
RECEIVER : hello? Who's this?
CHIDI : is that Made?
RECEIVER : yeah its me...who am I speaking with?
CHIDI : its me Chidi....from youth Service.
RECEIVER : (surprised)....wooow! Chidex! What's up? Longest time! How did you get my number?
CHIDI : it was Femi that got it from your Dad.
RECEIVER : (surprised) Femi...my Dad? How did he do it?
CHIDI : (he explains to Made)...in fact he really got talking with your Dad that he's now the one teaching your cousin...
RECEIVER : (cuts in) what? Teaching who?
CHIDI : yeah...he's the one teaching Bola english.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 8:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
RECEIVER : what!...(Shocked)
CHIDI : in fact that guy is funny, I don't know why he's teaching, do you know he got me a job at one of his father's banks! His father is damn rich. He has the highest shares in Realty Bank PLC. I don't know why he's doing home tutoring...
RECEIVER : I can't believe this!...(he hangs up)
CHIDI : hello! Hello!...(Looking at the phone screen)....haha...what happened? Did he cut the call?......was thinking Made would help out....Maybe, tell his father that Femi may has intentions or something....(Thinking)...Bola...she must be so beautiful now....I heard she went to the US then...I need to see her now, see how she now looks...she must have changed, that's why Femi is going after her....I'm sure...
******Proudly Achiever's Youth Network ******
Femi is in the garden with Bola, they had just finished the tutorial session...)
FEMI : Don't forget that this is a promotional exam, you need to study hard.
BOLA : I know. I am reading my book.
FEMI : my 'books'...less I forget. Daddy called me yesterday, he said he wants you to take the next GCE.
BOLA : what is GCE?
FEMI : General Certificate Examination. Its like WAEC.
BOLA : haa...but I am in SS2 nau.
FEMI : anybody in the senior class can take it. Even students in SS1 do take it atimes, though just to have and idea...
BOLA : ehn ehn....
FEMI : yes.
BOLA : haha and they will pass?
FEMI : depending, but you can take it, reason is because most of the questions they set in that exam are the topics you did in SS1 and SS2...few from SS3. If you can study hard, I've told Daddy to get you more teachers after your promotional exams. They will put you through and you should be able to make your Cs at least.
BOLA : ehen...
FEMI : yes.
BOLA : okay o.
FEMI : so tell me....when I came, I saw you arguing with your Aunty Comfort, what was that about?
BOLA : don't mind her she's angry because I wash my new....
FEMI : 'washed'...
BOLA : washed...She 'don't always want me to wash my clothe.
FEMI : 'she doesn't' not 'she don't'...(Smiling)
BOLA : she doesn't.
FEMI : why don't you allow her?
BOLA : I always like to be washing clothes nau. I even like to be cooking but Daddy don't allow me.
FEMI : ...(Smiles)...you're used to it, right?
BOLA : yes nau. I like doing house works.
FEMI : house chores...not house works.
BOLA : oh house chores, I forget...forgot.
FEMI : hmm...you know what? For now don't do anything till you finish secondary school. The reason why Daddy does not want you to do anything is because he wants you to face your studies and pass with good grades. If you keep doing house chores you won't study enough...
BOLA : haha...I can still read my books well nau...
FEMI : I know you can, but all those efforts and energy you put on house chores, put them on your books first, then later you can be doing house chores...okay
BOLA : I have hear....heard you
FEMI : (looking at her eyes)...Bolanle..you're so stubborn...
BOLA : haha...what did I do again o.
FEMI : hmm....(He couldn't get his eyes of her pretty face)
BOLA : haha...why are you looking me nau....I say I have heard what you say...sebi we have finish?
FEMI : (Smiling) yes we have.
BOLA : okay...(She starts packing her books)...shey you will eat? Aunty Confor is kuku your friend, she will bring food for you...(leaving)
FEMI : haha...Bola..are you angry because of what I said?
BOLA : (turns back) haha...shebi you're 'siding' aunty 'Confor' ni? Me, I want to go and read my book o. Bye bye...(She leaves)
FEMI : (laughing)...naughty girl! She's so stubborn....(Picking up his phone and pen)...more beautiful when she's angry...
To be continued...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2014
(Ep 17)
Sister Anna got back to Julius giving him a date and the time she will be available, to come over to St Peter's church.
Julius came with Blessing and Nurse Tina.
After exchanging pleasantries...)
ANNA : (looking at his condition on the wheel chair)...I'm really sorry, I didn't know your condition is this bad...(Bringingout some files)
JULIUS : its okay...this is the lady you demanded for, the one that dropped the child...(Pointing at Madam Blessing)
ANNA : good afternoon....
BLESSING : good afternoon Ma.
ANNA : Madam why did you drop your child like that....?(Goingthrough the files on the table)
BLESSING : it wasn't my child...
ANNA : (confused, she stopped to look at Julius)...I don't understand, whose child is it then?
BLESSING : the mother of the child was my friend. She died during child birth and since I didn't have any money to take care of it, I decided to drop him in front of the orphanage.
ANNA : so then he.....(Pointing at Julius) is the father?
BLESSING : yes.
ANNA : okay...which year are we talking about? Can you remember the date?
BLESSING : yes it was in 1986, April 4.
ANNA : please give me a minute...1986...April...4th...(checking the files, she searched through the list she's got)....hmmm....that day...I'm afraid we found two baby boys.
NURSE : (surprised)...on the same day?
ANNA : yes...(Still looking at the list)...but one died....
NURSE : oh my God...(Using her hands to cover her mouth)
JULIUS : (afraid)...but was it my son that died?(Trying to take a glimpse at what Anna was reading in the document)
ANNA : please hold on...(Still checking the paper)...Madam...(Looking at Blessing)...where exactly did you say you dropped the baby? And what time?
BLESSING : around 5:30a.m, at the gate in a way that whoever comes out will see it. About fifteen minutes later, the baby started crying and the security man heard him and found him. I waited in a distance till he picked up the baby and took him inside.
ANNA : what else can you remember?
BLESSING : the baby was in a green big bowl with ankara clothes all around him.
ANNA : (cross-checkingthe document)...okay....how old was the baby?
BLESSING : he was about a week old. His abdomen had healed up before I brought him.
ANNA : I see...(still looking at the document)
JULIUS : (feeling very anxious)...please...tell us if he's the one alive?
ANNA : (looks up at Julius)...Mr Julius, luckily....yourboy was the one that survived.
JULIUS : (elated)....gracious God! Thank you Lord!
NURSE & BLESSING : thank God!
ANNA : the other baby didn't survive, the person who dropped him didn't wrap him well. He was wrapped in a very thin material and was dropped in a basket...he wasn't even covered well...and he was a-day old baby.....(Turnsto Blessing)...I can remember you wrapped him really well.
BLESSING : yes I wrapped him very well, with about two clothes.
ANNA : that was what saved him...
NURSE : so what happened to him Sister?
ANNA : he was adopted by a couple who had no child.
NURSE : ooh...what a pity.
JULIUS : please, I'm not taking him from them, I just want to see and know him.
ANNA : (takes a deep breath)....I will try my best to get in touch with them...its just that you know how these things work...we need to give that family a chance to come to reckon with what we want to do.
NURSE : okay...
ANNA : so Mr Julius, I'll get back to you soon. I need to get in touch with the parents and tell them the situation of things.
JULIUS : its alright. I'll be expecting your call.
******Proudly Acheiver's Youth Network ******
Its a saturday, Femi comes around to teach Bola as usual and he enters into the sitting room only to meet Chidi talking to Bisade...)
BISADE : oh....(Looking at the figure at the door)..talk of the Devil....here he comes...he's the one I'm talking about.
FEMI : (walking up to Bisade, surprised to see who he was talking to)...good afternoon sir.
BISADE : afternoon Femi, how are you?
FEMI : I'm fine sir.
BISADE : this young man here said he's also Made's friend....
CHIDI : (turns to look at Femi and smiles)...hi Femi...
FEMI : that's true...Chidi is my friend too.(Exchanginghand shakes with Chidi)
BISADE : he's brought his bank's products for me to see...
FEMI : oh that's good...
BISADE : sit down...(Pointing at the seat)..Comfort!Please tell Bolanle her teacher is here.
COMFORT : (coming out of the kitchen) yes sir!....(She runs upstairs)
BISADE : Femi, she should be here any minute...
FEMI : okay sir...(Sitting down)
(Just then Bisade's phone rings....)
BISADE : (looking at his phone)...ooh....(Turns to Chidi)...Mr Silvanus, please hold, I have to pick thiis call. I'll be back...(He picks up his phone and leaves)
CHIDI : yes sir...
FEMI : (turns to Chidi)..sup man...
CHIDI : I dey o....how is the coaching going?
FEMI : not bad...she's improving really well...
(Meanwhile Bisade is receiving a call in another sitting room)
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:17am On Oct 03, 2014
BISADE : Sister Anna...?
CALLER : I'm really sorry to have disturbed you. Please I need to come and see you and your wife.
BISADE : hope there's no problem?
CALLER : em...its about your son's real parents.
BISADE : (shocked)...what about them? Don't tell me they now want their son back...
CALLER : its not that...please allow me to come and see you.
BISADE : well, right now, my wife is not around. She's in Abuja on a business trip. And remember she was the one that insisted we come to your orphanage so I can't do anything behind her.
ANNA : its okay. Please just let me know when she'll be around.
BISADE : alright Sister...I'll do that.
ANNA : okay Sir...bye.
BISADE : bye Sister....(Drops the call)...hmm...hope its not what I'm thinking....(Quickly, he dials Segun's number...)...Hello Segun...we need to talk.
RECEIVER : hope there's no problem?
BISADE : when can we see?
RECEIVER : I'm home today..you can come around. My wife is going for a wedding with Tolani. I'll be home alone.
BISADE : okay. Give me an hour.
RECEIVER : alright.
BISADE : (hangs up)..hmm...the truth is about to come out...(He goes to the sitting room to see Chidi...)...sorry for the delay...hmmm...(Trying to recall his name)...em...Chidi, right?
CHIDI : yes sir..(Standing up)
BISADE : please, you will have to come some other time...something serious just came up.
CHIDI : okay sir
BISADE : (sees Femi is still sitting down there...) Haha....Bolanleis not out yet?
FEMI : no sir. Comfort said she is eating...I'm sure she'll soon be through.
(Then, Bola walks downstairs...)
BOLA : sorry o...(Walking up to them)
BISADE : are you through with your food?
BOLA : yes sir...(Looking at Chidi's face)
BISADE : okay...I'm going to Segun's place now.
BOLA : okay sir...
BISADE : your teacher has being waiting for you since...I'm going to dress up...(Looks at Chidi)....so that will be all... (He picks his card from his purse and gives it to him) call me whenever you want to come around.
CHIDI : okay sir...(Collecting the card)..I'll be in touch sir...
BISADE : okay...(He goes upstairs)
BOLA : (looks at Femi) good afternoon.
FEMI : good afternoon, how are you today?
BOLA : (turns to look at Chidi who has not gotten his eyes of her)...I think I have see your face before o. You look ...em....em....(Trying to recall)
FEMI : he used to be your Math teacher then...
BOLA : ooookay....haha..shey all of you people have come to lagos ni?
CHIDI : (walking up to her) how are you Bola?
BOLA : fine o, 'mass' teacher.
CHIDI : you're looking so out of this world...(He keeps admiring Bola who was wearing a beautiful flowered top with a jean, with her hair folded up)...looking more like a lady now.
BOLA : ehn?
CHIDI : I mean you look extremely beautiful.
BOLA : (blushing)...hmm mm....thank you.(Smiling, she admires herself)
FEMI : (wondering what Chidi is up to)...okay let's go...(Going to the garden)
BOLA : (turns to Femi)...ehn ehn....there's one thing I want to ask you...(Going after him)..
FEMI : what is that?...(Still going to the garden)
CHIDI : (going after them)...Femi wait nau!
FEMI : (turns around) we're late for today's lecture.
Femi did not allow Chidi to talk to either him or Bola. So Chidi left for his house angrily...)
CHIDI : I can't get that girl off my head...she's so beautiful now....damn it! Femi played a fast one on me...(Pacing)...let me call Made...(He picks his phone and dials Made's number)....hello?
RECEIVER : hello
CHIDI : its me Chidi.
RECEIVER : what's up Chidi?
CHIDI : I'm good. You?
RECEIVER : I'm alright.
CHIDI : the other day I called you, you didn't even say anything about what I told you..you need to see Bola now. She's such a beauty...I've always known she'll turn out this way...
RECEIVER : (thinks about what he just heard)....Chidi, I'm coming home soon. But wait why are you this bothered about Femi teaching Bola?
CHIDI : come on, Made...you know I've always liked your cousin...
RECEIVER : wait....so you were serious?
CHIDI : of course...but now, Femi is beating me to it....
RECEIVER : you know what? When I get there we'll talk about it...
CHIDI : okay. I'll keep in touch till then.
CHIDI : (drops) please come back before that girl starts falling for him...
Meanwhile in the Uk, Made was with Tade when Chidi called. He became perplexed with what he just heard....)
TADE : (seeing the worry on his face)...what happened?
MADE : Chidi too is interested in Bola...
TADE : haha...what is it with this girl that's intoxicating you guys?
MADE : its just funny....I mean could it be possible that Femi is interested in Bola too?
TADE : ....if only they know why you left Nigeria...if only they know that you've been avoiding this same Bola...
MADE : (sits down)..I made them believe that I'm angry with Dad that's why I've been avoiding them and left.....(Hitting the chair with his hand)
TADE : have you been able to forget about her?
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 10:18am On Oct 03, 2014
MADE : no and I hate what am feeling!...(He stands up and walks towards the bar) Shit! She's your cousin for crying out loud Made!
TADE : hmm...I pity you o...(Shaking his head)
MADE : I left Nigeria because of her, yet I've not being able to get her off my head...
TADE : and you said she's a village girl...what then is so special about her?
MADE : I don't know....I've just not being able to get her off my head since the day I pushed her in my house...I've tried hating her, I mock her, do everything, yet what I feel keeps increasing...
TADE : so what do you want to do now?
MADE : I don't know....(Pacing) hearing that Femi is on to her makes me wanna run home and grab her away from him...but yet she's my cousin...
TADE : you still have to go home anyway....your visa is due.
MADE : I know...(He keeps pacing)....Tade, what do I do..I can't keep feeling this way...
TADE : believe me I don't know...I've tried setting you up with so many girls but you keep rejecting all of them...that's the only way I can help you.
MADE : I'm disgusting! Falling in love with my cousin! Shit! Damn you Made! (He hits the table)...
To be continued...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by pretydiva(f): 8:05am On Oct 04, 2014
Luvin dis story I swear...more updates pls
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by joliematt(f): 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
ur story is Jst to nice,I can't stop smiling. well done
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by onosj(f): 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
@atymat ink 2 ur pen!!! More update tonight pls.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 12:10am On Oct 05, 2014
I wanna thank everyone for appreciating this write up....but i dint write it and the appreciation should not be mine really. Due to the rules binding write ups like this, there are limitations as to sharing other people's work. I'm sorry to say this guys but protocols have to be observed. After the update tonight i'm not sure there would be more update. I'll rather share a link where the story can be read from the writer's page. Just like the page and follow the story. I was not given the authority to post the story here. So sorry for any inconvenience this might bring to you.:-( Thanks guys
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 12:14am On Oct 05, 2014
EP 18
Meanwhile, Bisade got to Segun's house and explains what Sister Anna had said to him...)
SEGUN : I don't think those parents can just show up now and expect their son to follow them like that.
BISADE : this won't go down well with Mary at all....(Shakinghis head)
SEGUN : well...let me know when they want to come over, I hope this won't end in a court case.
BISADE : no matter what has happened between Made and I, he's still my son. I love him.
SEGUN : I know...I understand you...
BISADE : I don't even know how to tell Mary...
SEGUN : I advice you let her come home before you tell her anything.
BISADE : yes...I called her on my way here and she said she'll be here next weekend.
SEGUN : I really pity her...someone just coming to take your son away from you after so many years....
BISADE : a child we're now so used to. We see him as our son you know...(Shakinghis head)...hmm...thank God I have Bolanle...
SEGUN : you see what I was telling you that day?...what is yours will keep being yours...
BISADE : blood is thicker than water.
SEGUN : I'm happy you have Bolanle, either by mistake or not....she's a God sent.
BISADE : she's my happiness.
SEGUN : how is she doing?
BISADE : very fine. She'll be writing this next GCE starting next week.
SEGUN :waow! Already?
BISADE : she's in SS3. Her result last term was outstanding.
SEGUN : really?
BISADE : yes, its only her english that needs brushing up.
SEGUN : wow! That's remarkable.
BISADE : yes. She brings me joy....I wish I'd brought her here earlier...she would have been something else.
SEGUN : its not too late...
BISADE : I want her to study in the US.
SEGUN : she deserves it. I can tell my wife's sister to get her a good school there.
BISADE : alright...I'll appreciate that.
SEGUN : what are friends for....
Bisade didn't tell Mary exactly what Sister Anna said, he only told her that Sister Anna will come visiting and would want her to be around when she comes.
The following week, after Mary came back...)
MARY : when did sister Anna say she's coming around?
BISADE : you are calling the shots. Will you be home this weekend?
MARY : well....(Thinking about it)...Made will be coming back on friday so Sister Mary can come on saturday.
BISADE : (surprised)...really?
MARY : yes....That way she can see Made is now a big boy.
BISADE : hmm...(Nodding)....Mary....(Looking at his wife)
MARY : yes....
BISADE : you didn't tell me why you went to Abuja...
MARY : I told you I went on a business trip. You will find out why later on.
BISADE : okay...(Trying not to interfere unnecessarily)
Made came back from the UK and was picked up by his parents who are so elated to see him.
After giving him a warm hug, they set out to go home.
In the car, as the driver takes them home...)
BISADE : how was your trip son?
MADE : not bad.
MARY: I've missed you so much son...
MADE : I missed you too...(Looks at Bisade)...and Bola, Dad?
BISADE : she's doing GCE....
MADE : already?
BISADE : of course. She's in SS3 now.
MADE : oh that's good....so its already a year since I left...wow..(Looks at Mary who seems not to show any interest in their discussion)...Mum, my visa has expired.
MARY : oh...no wonder you came home...
MADE : (smiles)...but I've missed home too.
MARY : you've missed home, not me?
MADE : oh come on Mum...of course I miss you too...(Smiling at her)
MARY : hmm...I see...
BISADE : hope you had a nice time over there?
MADE : (giving off a fake smile)...I did.
(When they got home, Femi was in the garden with Bolanle. As the car drove in, they both look up at the rest of the family dropping from the car.
Bolanle goes to Bisade....)
BOLA : welcome Daddy...(Turns to Mary)...welcomema...
MADE : hey...won't you give me a hug...
BOLA : (looks at Bisade and Mary)...um...
BISADE : won't you greet your brother?
BOLA : welcome...(Goesto give him a cold hug)...
MADE : (hugging her warmly)...how are you?
BOLA : fine.
MADE : wow...you've become so big...Dad what are you giving her?
BISADE : (smiling)...this one? She's so used to pringles and ice-cream o...let's go inside...(Then he noticed Femi is standing behind them)...haha won't you greet your friend?
MADE : oh Femi....how you dey?...(Shakinghands and hugging the way men do)
FEMI : I'm good....
BISADE : are you people true with lectures?
FEMI : em...n...
BOLA : (cutting in before he could finish pronouncing his word)...yes.
BISADE : (notices Femi's words)...Bolanle, I don't think he's true with you...
MADE : oh come on Dad...let Bolanle be for today. We need to have family time nau, abi...moreover,we saw them just playing and laughing so I'm sure Femi is through with her for today...
BISADE : but she has exams....
FEMI : yes, she has english on Monday..
MADE : huh! English on monday?...wait when did they start doing GCE english paper on monday? Is it not suppose to be on saturday?
FEMI : (taken unawares)..em...oh sorry, I mean on saturday...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 12:16am On Oct 05, 2014
MADE : that means there's still time. (Turns to Bisade)...Dad let Femi go so we can have our family time....)
BISADE : okay, that's true. (Turns to Femi)...You know its been a while since brother and sister saw each other last, so let them have some bounding.
FEMI : (giving off a fake smile)...okay sir.
MADE : so see you later Femi...(Feelinggood he has conquered)
FEMI : (looks at Made)..okay bye....(He leaves for his house)
(Mary has been listening to their discussion for a while but said nothing.
After they got into the house, she follows Made into his room....)
MARY : Made, when did you become friends with that village girl?
MADE : haha...Mum, Friends? Is she not my cousin?
MARY : what if she's your cousin? I thought you're on my side?
MADE : of course Mum...
MARY : then why are you all friendly with her? Telling her tutor to leave that we need to have family time? Who's her family member here?
MADE : oh come on Mum...(Going to hold her)...let's just be happy in this house...in fact, I was going to tell you that you and Dad should improve your relationship. You guys are behaving more like enemies than a married couple.
MARY : (wondering why the sudden change)....ehen...
MADE : yes Mum....anyway, I need to freshen up now...(Going to pull his clothes)
MARY : okay. Come down soon for dinner. See you later...(She leaves for her room)
MADE : okay Mum...
(As Made freshens up he could not stop thinking of Femi and Bolanle...)
MADE : that Femi is sure up to something. Even if Bolanle is my cousin and I can't have anything with her, I definitely won't let them take advantage of Bolanle...just look at the way he was playing with her....even I, don't play with her like that...(Hisses)...and that Chidi...how dare he call me up to tell me he's interested in her....why can't they just get their eyes off her...with all the flings they had in camp....(Hisses)...after messing up different girls, they now want a good girl....who knows their intention...maybe they just want to mess her up too....no, I won't allow it...
(After freshening up, Made goes to look for Bolanle in her room but did not see her there. Then he notices she's in the kitchen and decided to come into there; a place he hardly goes except to get a drink when Comfort is not around, he saw Bola there with Comfort....)
MADE : so Bola how's school?
BOLA : fine...(Ignoring his eyes)
MADE : any boyfriends yet?
BOLA : boyfriend? Me I don't have boyfriend o....(Eating a slice of melon)...
MADE : (turns to Comfort)...can I have melon too?
COMFORT : its for Bola o..
MADE : haha...(Looks at Bola)..you mean Daddy bought melon for her only?
COMFORT : no, it was teacher Femi that bought it for her o.
MADE : (surprised, he turns to Bolanle sharply)...hey you! So you now collect gifts from men, right?
BOLA : gift, me? I don't collect gift from any man o...
MADE : what of the melon you're eating?
BOLA : (looks at the melon)...melon is not gift nau...gift is perfume, roll on, blouse, skirt...
MADE : (cuts in)...keep quiet! Anything someone gives you is a gift no matter what it is...he gave you melon as a gift and you collected it, that's what I mean!
BOLA : (puts down the melon)...ehn...but...he is my teacher nau, Daddy say...said 'is' like my brother. Shey my brother can not give me gift nii?
MADE : (shaking his head, he decided to calm down and talk to her)...look Bolanle, its wrong for you to collect gifts from any man at all...Femi is not your brother, he's your teacher so you shouldn't collect anything from him...
BOLA : but why?
MADE : because, when a man gives you something, he wants something in return...
BOLA : ehen....(Wondering what Femi will want)...something like what?
MADE : like sleeping with you...like you see them kissing on TV...do you want that?
BOLA : haa! No o...
COMFORT : (cuts in)..he's not saying that's what teacher Femi wants o, he's just telling you that most men are like that...
MADE : they won't tell you with their mouth, they will just keep giving you things and one day they will take advantage of you...
BOLA : ehen...(Thinking of how they can take advantage of her)...advantage...
COMFORT : that's true Bola, taking advantage of you can make you get pregnant o...
BOLA : (throws the melon away)...I won't collect anything again.
MADE : so...(taking a pack of juice from the fridge)...back to my question, are you saying nobody has toasted you all these while?
BOLA : toasted? (Confused as she washes her hand)...What is that one?
MADE : oh dumb-head...as anyone asked you out?
BOLA : ask me out...(Thinkingabout it)....to where?
MADE : (shaking his head)...oh God....forget it.
BOLA : (trying to change the topic)...how is London?
MADE : (whispering to himself)...likeLondon is a human...at least thank God your english is better...(Speaks out)...London is fine...which reminds me...hope Femi is not doing anything funny?
BOLA : he's doing o...
MADE : (shocked he drops the drink)..huh?!
BOLA : yes. He always do funny funny things o...
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 12:18am On Oct 05, 2014
MADE : (hisses)...mtchewww!
BOLA : (surprised he hissed at her)....he always make me laugh every time nau, is that not funny things....
MADE : ehen...(Feels relieved but does not like the sound of that)...hope he doesn't touch you...
BOLA : he touch me o....
MADE : (cuts in)...huh!...how can you allow that...did you tell Daddy?
BOLA : yes...he always beat me on my head...and I tell Daddy, but Daddy say...said he is my teacher and he can beat me.
MADE : (gives off a sigh of relief)...oh my God! You're such a dummy!....(He walks away)
BOLA : (turns to Comfort)...I 'don' know why he 'jus' hate me o, haha...
(Comfort couldn't stop laughing as she cleans up)
Early the following morning, Bisade goes to Made's room...)
MADE : good morning Dad...
BISADE : morning son...em, please can you take Bolanle to her school? She has her practical lessons and you know today is saturday, Amed needs to do some things for me.
MADE : okay Dad...
BISADE : (surprised he agrees to go so quickly)...thanks son...but you'll have to get up and dress up now because you have to leave in the next 30 minutes.
MADE : (looks at the time)...so early?
BISADE : yes. She's getting ready too.
MADE : ...okay...
BISADE : thanks son...(Stands up to leave)..oh..(Turns back)... Just take any of the cars...
MADE : alright Dad...(Standingup to get dressed)...em Dad..
BISADE : yes son?
MADE : don't let Mum know I'm taking her to school...
BISADE : (smiles at him)...okay...once Bolanle is ready, I'll tell her to go and wait for you in the car.
(Made left the house, telling his Mother he had to go somewhere. After Bola and Made left, Sister Anna came visiting...)
Bisade, Mary and Sister Anna went into the study to talk...)
ANNA : I'm really sorry this is coming at this time...but Made's real parent showed up...
MARY : (shocked)..what?!
ANNA : yes they did..but not to worry, they are not taking him away from you...
MARY : (laughs)...theydare not....
ANNA : I understand you Mrs, but remember that clause in the form you filled.
MARY : I don't care about that clause...what I'm saying is, it's not possible...(Shestands up)
BISADE : (stands up to hold her back)...wait dear...let's just listen to her...
MARY : ...leave me alone! (snatches her hand from Bisade's)...I said its a lie....
ANNA : I understand how you feel...(Going towards Mary)...but the boy's father does not intend to take him from you and that's the truth...his mother is dead, she died after she gave birth to Made....
MARY : (laughs)..I said that is a lie! Whoever said that lied to you, its a bloody lie...!
BISADE : (seeing her anger, he walks up to her again)..sweetheart...you have to listen to her...let's see how we can settle this case amicably...
MARY : (cuts in)..settle what case? There's nothing there to settle...those people that said they gave birth to him lied.
BISADE : (notices the seriousness in her voice).... why are you talking like you're so sure of what you're saying...
ANNA : (surprised with what Mary is saying)...Mrs Aderinluwo, I didn't just bring this thing up, I investigated this issue and saw they are right...I can bring them here if you don't mind.
MARY : (facing Anna)...yes I want to see the thieves that claim Made is theirs. We will do a DNA test if possible!
BISADE : (surprised with Mary's words)...I'm confused here....(Walking up and down)...what DNA test are you talking about? Sister Anna just said she investigated the whole issue...(Turns to Anna)...before coming to us, isn't it Sister?
ANNA : yes.
BISADE : and since you and I know that we adopted Made, it is logical she's right because we know nothing about the birth of Made...why then are you talking about a DNA test?
MARY : all I know is we'll do a DNA test because I know those people are lying.
ANNA : madam...please I want you to remember that in the agreement you signed, it was stated that if ever the real parents show up, you will give preference to them...I know you have done a lot for Made, I mean he's spent almost twenty years of his life with you, but please, his father is dying and he needs to just know and acknowledge him.
BISADE : please Sister, can they come over here?
ANNA : yes, in fact they're in lagos, ready to come whenever you want them.
BISADE : okay...tomorrowis okay then. Let them come tomorrow afternoon.
ANNA : very well then...(Looks at Mary) Madam, I'll see you tomorrow....(She leaves)
(After thinking for a while, Bisade moves closer to his wife...)
BISADE : (looks at Mary and changes his mind from talking any further)...I think you need to take it easy...I'm going to talk to Made...(Stands up to leave)
MARY : hell No!...talk to who? I just told you those people are lying. Don't you dare tell Made anything. Don't say anything to my son...(Blockinghis way)
BISADE : what is wrong with you....do you want them to take him unawares by showing up here tomorrow? Is it not better we talk to him now before they get here...so he can know exactly what's going on?
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 12:21am On Oct 05, 2014
MARY : I said you're not telling my son anything! (Still blocking the way)...I will not allow you tell him a lie.
BISADE : okay....(He sits down) have it your way.
MARY : I'm going to call my lawyer...(She storms out of the study)
BISADE : (takes his phone and dials Segun's number)...hello?
RECEIVER : hello
BISADE : I think I will need your presence here tomorrow.
RECEIVER : what happened?
BISADE : you need to see Mary's reaction today...
RECEIVER : what happened? What did she do?
BISADE : Sister Anna came today....(He explains what happened to Segun)...and now she doesn't even want to tell Made anything.
RECEIVER : haha....why was she sounding like she knows Made's real parents?
BISADE : I don't know...she became so defensive....
RECEIVER : and the Sister said she investigated?
BISADE : yes she did.
RECEIVER : I really don't know what to say.
BISADE : I think you should be here tomorrow because the way Mary was shouting DNA test, DNA test...in fact she has said she will bring in her lawyer.
RECEIVER : okay, I will come around.
BISADE : and I will still have to talk to Made. I don't want him to see them here tomorrow and start wondering what's going on.
RECEIVER : may be you should wait till after everything is settled. Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow first. Then we can talk to him afterwards.
BISADE : okay.
RECEIVER : what of Bola?
BISADE : she's gone for her paper.
RECEIVER : I mean for tomorrow...how do you intend to keep her away from the event that will ensue? Or you want her to hear all this?
BISADE : at all....I'll think of what to do about her.
RECEIVER : alright then. When tomorrow?
BISADE : I told them to get here in the afternoon.
RECEIVER : alright. I'll come there straight from church then.
BISADE : good, I prefer you get here before they do.
BISADE : okay...till tomorrow....bye(he hangs up, thinking of the situation at hand).....what do I do now....(Thinking)...I need to keep Bolanle out of the house tomorrow....what do I do?....(Thinking).....yes....Ithink that's better...(He picks up his phone)...hello?
RECEIVER : hello sir, good afternoon sir...
BISADE : how are you?
RECEIVER : very well sir.
BISADE : please I need you to come over tomorrow, say by....12-1pm and take Bolanle out somewhere.
RECEIVER : (surprised and extremely happy)...really?!...I mean...hope there's no problem sir?
BISADE : at all. I'm going to be having some guests and I don't want her to be around when they come.
RECEIVER : okay sir. No problem, I'll be there sir.
BISADE : just take her somewhere safe and when the guests are gone I'll call you to come back.
RECEIVER : alright sir.
BISADE : okay. Thanks.
RECEIVER : you're welcome sir...
To be continued....
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 12:28am On Oct 05, 2014
m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=141304955958904&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6059916074449458483%3Amf_story_key.6997671562485713051&__tn__=C here is the link to the Facebook page 'Achievers Youth Network'
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 05, 2014
Hmmmm.. Atymat!
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 12:50am On Oct 05, 2014
Bimfo:
Hmmmm.. Atymat!
i kinda saw this coming
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 05, 2014
atymat:
i kinda saw this coming

Lol.. fortune teller..
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by pweetyz(f): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2014
Please share the link so we'd be able to click on it and access it from here..i can't do that on the one above
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by joliematt(f): 12:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
me too I can't access d link
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by pretydiva(f): 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
I can't access d link oo
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 5:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
So sorry about that, please search 'Achievers Youth Network' on Facebook
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by pweetyz(f): 3:15am On Oct 06, 2014
I'd appreciate if you complete it here though..it doesn't really matter if you've started it already
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by ThaRuthlxx7: 6:41am On Oct 06, 2014
no wonder the update was overwhelmingly consistent wasn't urs... too bad u would have won the prize for best updater if the month.

now to the story its very captivating can't wait until ur through with it.. keep up tha gudwork
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 9:39am On Oct 07, 2014
ThaRuthlxx7:
no wonder the update was overwhelmingly consistent wasn't urs... too bad u would have won the prize for best updater if the month.
now to the story its very captivating can't wait until ur through with it.. keep up tha gudwork
thanks anyway
pweetyz:
I'd appreciate if you complete it here though..it doesn't really matter if you've started it already
lets see wat i can do
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by pweetyz(f): 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
atymat:
thanks anyway lets see wat i can do
..Okay..thanks dear
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by atymat: 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
I hope you guys are following the story.....episode 22 has been updated

1 Like

Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Onyeozichukwu(f): 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
Please I can't find the Archievers youth network on Facebook, kindly help with the link on nairaland for easy access.
Though I so much love the story and frequency upload, it got me glued to my phone.
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by ThaRuthlxx7: 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
undecidedhaba try update nah
Re: Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story by Aipete2(f): 11:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
Abeg, am waiting oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CROSS Roads(a True Life Story) / Moments of Passion (18+) / Diary Of A FUOYE SU Babe (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.