Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? (5178 Views)

Guys, If Your Girlfriend Asks Bout This.... / My Marrying Ex-girlfriend Asks Me For Financial Support / Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by mikron(m): 11:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
vizkiz: yeah, i can give her cash, even though if am a lil broke...i do find lil cash for her.

There was a time she even told me, baby don't you think you are spoiling me??
because u choose to do d spending, guy u re sitting on a looong thing, nobody said u shld not spend on her but dont make it an habit and dont be cajoled or forced to spend on her. Very dangerous path
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
I think the line should be drawn when it she asks too much and what she's asking for is unnecessary.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by mikron(m): 12:50am On Sep 17, 2014
vizkiz:

baby, if i don't spoil you...those guys will wanna seduce you with cash wink

and u think u re doing d right thing? What if u suddenly go broke would she not move to the nearest atm maga knowing u dont have have to spend on her like before?
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by mikron(m): 12:57am On Sep 17, 2014
edozie04: When she never give me pomo it is #teamNOspending#
and even if she give u d kpomo u suppose pay? If payment for MUTUAL services rendered don be d norm in d part of the ladies then the thing don become bussiness na,
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by mikron(m): 1:11am On Sep 17, 2014
Epathra: nna biko bia, why u sef carry two load? onw woman 2 wahala , u come carry 2 come be 4 wahala.
no mind me o, experience don teach me not to keep only one girl o. Wey one break ur heart d oda one go dey as back up. Na so d game be o.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Nobody: 4:42am On Sep 17, 2014
mikron: and even if she give u d kpomo u suppose pay? If payment for MUTUAL services rendered don be d norm in d part of the ladies then the thing don become bussiness na,
Na bizness nau,money 4 hand bak 4 ground
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by brownlord: 5:25am On Sep 17, 2014
Epathra: lemme do the amebo for u coz i've quite a few too. free dates and movies. constant trip to the salon, newest weaves and wigs exquisite backgrounds for dps. designer gifts. plush bday bash amongst other vanities. i wonder where they kept Ecclesiastes in their bibles. bliv me, they go to church.

Apart from gift, I think some hot babes just like their guy with the name yahoo boy, or hanging around guys that do, not all spend money on this girls so it be based on money or gifts
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by brownlord: 5:27am On Sep 17, 2014
mikron: @OP u couldnt have summed it up better than me, you re so on point, thats my exact problems with two girls im datting now, they just like taxing me as if i be their papa, so annoying. The one in suleja niger state (i live in garki, abuja) kept telling me i must cough out N45,000 for her to buy electric sewing machine and Another N20k for shopping and more money for her to make her hair for me (i nearly tell her to go barb gorimakpa o) the second one in calabar kept demanding for money for upkeep(wen i neva marry u abi i be ur papa wey send u go sch for calabar)?. The thing tire me. i just hate it wen i come across demanding girls, and unfortunately they are everywhere. They are just leeches. I call them market sellers not lovers.

Bros na man you be o, so you from Abuja they take care of girl for Calabar and niger, why anoda guy man dey jump on the thing if e no even reach three, I hail you

1 Like

Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by SirAweezy(m): 5:48am On Sep 17, 2014
Any lady that cannot afford to pay for her hair, rent and accept few challenging responsibilities for herself, guys pls be very careful do not go there, even if you have too much to spare, if you spoil her you are not helping her, it's okay to treat and also assit her, but don't and never let her see it as your responsibility.

One thing guys don't know is; the more she comes to you for money, the more she goes to other guys for money too. I hate it when a lady can't draw a line as to when to ask for help, but take you as the ATM....

Although, guys like me tried to behave foolishly by spending on lady(s) that we know we just want to fool around with, but ladies you know what, after you have finish evaluating me and I've done few things for you, you see that your major problem, I won't solve to till I ex you by forming busy! Wetin concern me, I know as e dey go now. Lol

Lesson for the average income guys: Ladies like "this Topic" won't allow you plan. If you insist on meeting their responsiblities. Pls be wise!
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by snadguy007(m): 6:39am On Sep 17, 2014
Epathra:
when u draw the line, then she starts whinning u abt ur sudden insensitivity and lack of care. My mom wld always say what u wont tolerate as a rich man, start rejecting now that u r poor. i am a lady and i know what we say n do.
That's why i need to draw the line now while we are still dating so that by the time we get married, it wont be new to her.

If after spending for her and decided to stop after a while, then she's opened to many options. Because it will be so foolish of me to go extra miles just to satisfy her appetite for money
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 6:56am On Sep 17, 2014
mikron: no mind me o, experience don teach me not to keep only one girl o. Wey one break ur heart d oda one go dey as back up. Na so d game be o.
Experience taught me to not date at all and it is good.

I think the only thing I miss is sex but the advantages of being single are 10x bigger and better.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 6:58am On Sep 17, 2014
SirAweezy: Any lady that cannot afford to pay for her hair, rent and accept few challenging responsibility for herself, guys pls be very careful do not go there, even if you have too much to spare, if you spoil her you are not helping her, it's okay to treat and also assit her, but don't and never let her see it as your responsibility.

One thing guys don't know is; the more she comes to you for money, the more she goes to other guys for money too. I hate it when a lady can't draw a line as to when to ask for help, but take you as the ATM....

Although, guys like me tried to behave foolishly by spending on lady(s) that we know we just want to fool around with, but ladies you know what, after you have finish evaluating me and I've done few things for you, you see that your major problem, I won't solve to till I ex you by forming busy! Wetin concern me, I know as e dey go now. Lol

Lesson for the average income guys: Ladies like "this Topic" won't allow you plan. If you insist on meeting their responsiblities. Pls be wise!
Should go back to the village and stay with her parents, grandparents, uncles or auntsgrin.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 7:02am On Sep 17, 2014
snadguy007:
That's why i need to draw the line now while we are still dating so that by the time we get married, it wont be new to her.

If after spending for her and decided to stop after a while, then she's opened to many options. Because it will be so foolish of me to go extra miles just to satisfy her appetite for money
One of them be like, Leo, I wan Upgrade and I was like. "Ok, take this ₦500 and go to a cafe".

Some of them do not even ask if you are taking care of your own people.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 7:08am On Sep 17, 2014
mikron: @OP u couldnt have summed it up better than me, you re so on point, thats my exact problems with two girls im datting now, they just like taxing me as if i be their papa, so annoying. The one in suleja niger state (i live in garki, abuja) kept telling me i must cough out N45,000 for her to buy electric sewing machine and Another N20k for shopping and more money for her to make her hair for me (i nearly tell her to go barb gorimakpa o) the second one in calabar kept demanding for money for upkeep(wen i neva marry u abi i be ur papa wey send u go sch for calabar)?. The thing tire me. i just hate it wen i come across demanding girls, and unfortunately they are everywhere. They are just leeches. I call them market sellers not lovers.
You own nah small money sef.

My own asked for 150k for rent and school fees. The request came just few days after I did a huge expenses which she is aware of.

I no dey talk too much on issues like that.

I said ok, lemme see what I can do............nah dia we end am.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by chimerase2: 7:19am On Sep 17, 2014
I will draw de line in my sokoto undecided
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by tfajobi(m): 7:51am On Sep 17, 2014
I dnt see anytin bad wit spend 4 ur babe. But it must b done modrately. Dnt go around incurring debt just 2 please her. Also b free 2 tell her NO!! Wen u can't provide.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by zeb04(f): 7:58am On Sep 17, 2014
Tallesty1: It is now prevalent to see women that unnecessarily demand for money from their men.

Guys in ABJ here will understand what I'm talking about. If a girl accepts to date you on Monday, her phone is likely to fall inside water or develope fault before Fridaygrin. She will be unreachable for a day or two then she will call you with a strange number to explain what happened and beg you for a new phone. Her house rent will expire the following week and she will expect you to pay for it. Some(students) even expect their bf to pay their school fees.

Y'know some of our girls have this mentality that a bf should take care of his gf's financial needs, which is crazy.

Some will say "If you love her then you will take care of her needs" but I think it’s foolish to be TOO generous with a woman who is perfectly content in exploiting your generosity.

Personally I evaluate a woman by how she handle her finances and her financial expectations of her man because the the RIGHT woman doesn’t WANT you to spend foolishly on her. She would want you to spend responsibly.

So guys, where do you draw the line when she asks for money? How much is too much?
where do you meet all these ladies that are only after your money?

Why the so much lie on nairaland?

Why does everyone have a story to tell while in reality they've experienced nothing?
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by marieolae(f): 8:21am On Sep 17, 2014
zeelo2014: Back then when I was in sch, when a girl ask me for money, I tell her to meet her father or whoever sent her to sch.
in other words, you don't have the money to give her. Simple
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by marieolae(f): 8:22am On Sep 17, 2014
zeb04: where do you meet all these ladies that are only after your money?

Why the so much lie on nairaland?

Why does everyone have a story to tell while in reality they've experienced nothing?
don't mind dem jare!
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by snadguy007(m): 8:28am On Sep 17, 2014
Tallesty1: One of them be like, Leo, I wan Upgrade and I was like. "Ok, take this ₦500 and go to a cafe".

Some of them do not even ask if you are taking care of your own people.
You are right.
Once you cut your expenses on them....wahala don start be dat, as if you are father christmas
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 17, 2014
Anyway I bliv d thread is for male guys so let me siddon carry chair dey sip my alomo make I hear broke guys speaking. Hehehhehehe
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 8:38am On Sep 17, 2014
zeb04: where do you meet all these ladies that are only after your money?
The answer is there in my post. Read it again.
zeb04: Why the so much lie on nairaland?
List the lies and I will prove them
zeb04: Why does everyone have a story to tell while in reality they've experienced nothing?
Every adult has experienced something
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 8:39am On Sep 17, 2014
rozzay: Anyway I bliv d thread is for male guys so let me siddon carry chair dey sip my alomo make I hear broke guys speaking. Hehehhehehe
She is a suspect
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2014
No!
marieolae: in other words, you don't have the money to give her. Simple
In other words he is financially responsible.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 17, 2014
Tallesty1: She is a suspect
Hehehhehhehhehhe*sips my alomo in slow motion*
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 8:49am On Sep 17, 2014
rozzay:
Hehehhehhehhehhe*sips my alomo in slow motion*
Federal Ministry Of Health Warns That Alomo Sipping Is Dangerous To Health and Female Alomo Sipperscheesy Are Liable To Demand For Money.
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 17, 2014
Tallesty1: Federal Ministry Of Health Warns That Alomo Sipping Is Dangerous To Health and Female Alomo Sipperscheesy Are Liable To Demand For Money.
Baby I don't demand for money from broke guys no 1, no2 I know d calibre of men I associate with nd to dem dolling out cash is no big deal to dem, in summary fine gals like me don't beg for money we r begged to take money, u get my drift now leave me to sip my alomo in peace
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 9:09am On Sep 17, 2014
rozzay:
Baby I don't demand for money from broke guys no 1
Eskus me sister,you don't demand from broke guyundecided nah rich girls dey demand for money?
rozzay: no2 I know d calibre of men I associate with nd to dem dolling out cash is no big deal to dem, in summary fine gals like me don't beg for money we r begged to take money, u get my drift now leave me to sip my alomo in peace
Hahahahaha, beg you to take money?*Faints*

1 Like

Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by marieolae(f): 9:18am On Sep 17, 2014
Tallesty1: No!In other words he is financially responsible.
excuses!!
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2014
marieolae: excuses!!
Facts
Re: Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? by mikron(m): 10:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
brownlord:

Bros na man you be o, so you from Abuja they take care of girl for Calabar and niger, why anoda guy man dey jump on the thing if e no even reach three, I hail you
na wetin i see o grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: OMG! Can You Allow This On Your Wife? / Guyz Abeg Serious O, How I Go Get This Girl To Bed / Hilarious Photo: Ladies Be Sincere, What Would You Do In This Situation???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.