Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 (30258 Views)

He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 / WAEC EXPO/RUNZ 2020 | NECO EXPO/RUNS: CALL 08138222229 NOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by merit12(f): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
Jump and pass
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Project400: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
I think you should state your current GP

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by mindworx: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
Stay
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Tonniey(m): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
Pray 2 God for divine answer
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by shadowwalker101: 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by sonickay(m): 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
Chose carefully and not on technicalities, it is not how far but how well in life

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by shellcom: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
handie: I'm a final year student and honestly, my GP ain't as good as I wish. I'm contemplating dropping some courses and rewriting them next session to boost my GP. please can I resit those exams and still go for NYSC that same year? I talked to my course adviser about it and he said i'll be able to go with the next available batch once my result is out. pls is this possible? what is your advice to me? N.B: I'm 20 years old

just come out with 2.1 to gain addmission in International University for Master. It's very important.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by xthwonder(m): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
Write again. But be sure to make the 2.1
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by kullozone(m): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
missdebs: yes, pls go back n start again....mscheew wen ur mates dat didnt even go to university are running gud businesses and even political posts,pls go back

I've not seen any 20year old holding any political post in 9ja...dey r mostly old men.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by GowonAbacha: 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
handie: I'm a final year student and honestly, my GP ain't as good as I wish. I'm contemplating dropping some courses and rewriting them next session to boost my GP. please can I resit those exams and still go for NYSC that same year? I talked to my course adviser about it and he said i'll be able to go with the next available batch once my result is out. pls is this possible? what is your advice to me? N.B: I'm 20 years old
Mr man its better u move forward with your life and carry ur 2:2 commot jeje. Its not the end of the world. Believe you'll make it and you will. Forward ever, backward never.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
oboy you better stay, a year for 2.1 will open years of better offers

6 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by GowonAbacha: 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
kullozone:

I've not seen any 20year old holding any political post in 9ja...dey r mostly old men.
Don't mind the morön o. Many of them have age restrictions.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by duchess02(m): 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
handie: Madam calm down. my mates are running good businesses? really? do u know how old I am? moreover, what's worth doing is worth doing well.
u need to pay hersef for d advice,u beta go for ur service,wat GP did dangote,obasanjo,bill gate,Adenuga finish wit?its no longer by grade or even university again sef,just b educated
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Johnnoo(m): 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
Disgusting!!! You're conducting opinion poll on your future Much more on NL... undecided
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by metalliccards(f): 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
Time In real sense wait 4 no 1 but if grade is d 1 tin dat will make u fill fullfilled so b it then go 4 whatever

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by kayzdekor(m): 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Guy pls no time just continue with ur life...OAU VC graduate with 2.2 grade so grade no go give you work and work no go make u rich in life...In addition to wat d FTC guy said,is ur school gp based on a cumulative scale?...If it is,then u must have a rethink,because if it is,then no matter how good ur grades are,d increase will be very little,though it might help you if ur GP has increased steadily over d years,if it has been flunctuating or risen @ d last,then u must think it thru,so dt u wnt have extra years and still get a 2.2...all d best...whatever d case may be,a 2.2 isn't a guarantee for aunsuccessful life and vice versa with a 2.1..[/quote

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
handie: Madam calm down. my mates are running good businesses? really? do u know how old I am? moreover, what's worth doing is worth doing well.
yeah!worth doing well,but what have u been doing 4rm yr1 to final that brought u to 2.2.dnt b surprise,after all d re-sitting,its stil gonna b 2.2.anyhw,if u are sure u cn make 2.1,a resitting wil do,but be sure or else...
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by justitiaomnibus(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hehehe.. Na by 2.1? Life in Nigeria is now by grades bah? So those who have a 2.2 or a 3rd class should go and die?

Omo, do what appeals to you. It depends on your course and if you want a white collar job.

If you are studying law and you wana practice law, there is no point.

If it is any kinda course but you are good @ politics and "carpet crossing" grin, then there's no point.

And infact, whatever it is, your life after school isn't dependent on your grades in school. A lota testimonies abound.

Its good to pursue good grades but if you do all you can and styl don't climb to your desired GP, what you have is your destiny and it will give u comfort in life as long as you know your onions and can prove your mettle. Infact, you may go beyond comfort and climb to a luxurious life style.. Testimonies abound my dear.. It is well wt you. Have a deep introspection and decide for your self. Goodluck.
Odiegwu..

6 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by dopedealer(m): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
I had to wait an extra year to make a 2:2 in unilag which is profiting me now and for life! So why won't you wait an extra session to Make a 2:1that would profit you soon and forever! Besides U'd increase your chances of job application and job search advances
Most of this Niggas saying BS probably don't wish you well or don't know the usefulness of a 2:1
Some companies would not accept anyone with anything less than a 2:1
The word is enough for the wise!!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Toks2008(m): 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2014

Do whatever you think its ok but just know that a first class upper(if it exists) or a third class lower is not a guarantee for success or failure in life.

Your success in life lies in how intelligently creative you are.

Hone are those days when grades really count,now the smarter you are the richer you become.Aliko dangote,Bill gate and Mark Zuckerberg can confirm my assertion.

My 50cents.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by mackween: 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
Whoever thinks a PGD will make up for your first degree shortfalls in today's job market is on a looooong thing. Employers or recruiters still focus on your degree status before considering post graduate degrees. Please I implore you, if you are sure you can make up the 2:1 with an extra year, just do so.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by happydasy: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
angry dis na rough play ooo!
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Emary(f): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
My dear, I just want to appreciate you for the sense you have to question your future. Please, do what you can to graduate with a 2:1. If anyone probes, just say you took ill or some emergency prevented you from going to camp with your batch. You might be surprised that some of your set might not get called up and end up serving with or after you. Having a 2:1 will give you an advantage in the job market over a 2:2 any day unless you have a big Godfather/mother waiting somewhere to help you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Emilliw3m(m): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
Mehn were is my boook. I can't afford to make same mistake as d op. Enough said, ACTION IS SUPREME.......

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by ajasa4link: 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
Please don't think about waiting even an extra semester. Just get ur 2;2 and move on with ur life. If u know the way people with extra year feel, u wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
By the way, I've seen instances Where students plan to achieve a particular grade point and end up not making it. Am sure during ur 1st year, 2nd and 3rd years u had lofty goals of achieving a particular grade point. The point is: u shouldn't take a risk that isn't sure. Something tells me u may not eventually make 2;1 even after opting for an extra year.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
mackween: Whoever thinks a PGD will make up for your first degree shortfalls in today's job market is on a looooong thing. Employers or recruiters still focus on your degree status before considering post graduate degrees. Please I implore you, if you are sure you can make up the 2:1 with an extra year, just do so.

Round of applause..
Dude you need a cookie... Spot on...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by DMerciful(m): 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
You are really 20yrs old.....Jezz!
handie: thanks bro. I really wanna do post graduate degree but I gat get beta undergraduate result to encourage popsy to send me to a good school for it and the chance of a 2.1 if I stay an extra semester is like 99%. But is it really possible that I can go for Nysc with ny classmates going for d next batch of service?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Well, my advice goes thus:

@handie

If you are sure and you are very sure that you can make it, give it a try.
But if not, continue with your final year, make sure u give it your best, and try to be on 3 point.

Second chance is not as good as the first chance.

I have a senior colleague at work, he had 2.2 when he finished from a Nigerian university; he traveled out of the country and went for his masters, he had distinction in his Masters degree, and he is now a lecturer.

Make sure u make a decision you won't regret after considering all your choices.

I will tell you to go ahead with your final year and have a good masters degree.

#thatsall
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by olumzz(m): 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
missdebs: yes, pls go back n start again....mscheew wen ur mates dat didnt even go to university are running gud businesses and even political posts,pls go back
Mama, na fight...Abeg take am sufri wt d guy na
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Kwadoli: 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
so wat of we with a gp of 3.3, is it adviceable to stay an extra year to mak 2.1?
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by SDIEGO(m): 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
no matter what people suggest you'll still have to gather yourself, check the pros and cons then make the best decision.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JAMB Registration Begins: List Of CBT Centres For 2017 Registration/guidelines / Two ABSU Final Year Students Drown Two Days To Their Final Exam. / Help: I Have Been Given Admission From My School But Not From Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.