Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,944 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle (4769 Views)

Breaking News: Ijaw Leader Declares Support For Biafra / Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle / Photos Of Gen. Benjamin Adekunle From The Nigerian Civil War (1967-1970) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by modhream: 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
JANK23H: If you want to talk history say it as it is and not half-truth.Boro had declared Niger-Delta republic and led a rebellion to sec cede,this rebellion was quashed by the Gowon regime using his stooge Ojukwu,who at the time was the military leader of the Eastern region.

Boro's fight against biafra was a revenge mission;moreso,it was done at the request of Gowon who granted him release from prison on the condition to fight on the side of the NA, and get his own pound of flesh.

Before the Igbos knew it was morning,the Ijaw nation had woken up and seen the falsehood called Nigeria.
Olodo,it was Ironsi that imprisoned Boro not Gowon.Go read,get ur facts straight,not concoct ur own fact in the name of trying to correct another.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
Donmarrius: you are an example of the worst thin g that has ever happend to Nigerian education system,if at all you're educated .

If you had read that guys post wisely,you wouldn't resorted to this.

The guy wasn't asking Niger Deltans to be part of Biafra,but said,(in simple english),both should join hands to free themselves.

Let me interprete it to you further,to avoid you plunging yourself into the ocean of deep mental mess,the guy was saying,now the truth is coming out,we have seen who the real enemy(ies) are,lets 'unite',and fight them,to 'free' 'ourselves'.
Unite there,doesn't necessarily mean you joining Biafra as a country,it can be in many other fruitful ways,provided its goal,is to free ourselves.(Don't know how else to explain to you,if at this point you are still confused,quit henceforth from commenting on nairaland,and i strongly advice that you go back to primary school,primary 3 to be precise!).

But by the way,if you are a Niger Deltan,are you more Niger Deltan,than other Niger Deltans,which Igbos are part of?.

What made you think you have the termerity,to determine or speak for the whole Niger Deltans?.

Assuming your 'mental/contextual' Niger Delta,is to be collapsed into Biafra,who do you think you are,to object it?

BTW,'who' are you,in your own immediate family?.

Cry all you want, no other side in Nigeria will bandy with you to achieve that Biafran dream. Its just the truth.
Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Tranquill: 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

stop lying

I am not lying just that they are not telling you the whole truth. Even Ojukwu never blamed Ijaw or the minorities for the failure of biafra b4 he died the way many Igbo elements do because of the lies and half truth they have been fed with. Ojukwu always said that "both sides made mistakes".
Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Donmarrius: 8:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Cry all you want, no other side in Nigeria will bandy with you to achieve that Biafran dream. Its just the truth.
Said by a slowpo.ke,who has been living in decades of mental decrepit.
Continue in your delusional granduer.keep getting high on cheap weed!.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Donmarrius: 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Tranquill:

I am not lying just that they are not telling you the whole truth. Even Ojukwu never blamed Ijaw or the minorities for the failure of biafra b4 he died the way many Igbo elements do because of the lies and half truth they have been fed with. Ojukwu always said that "both sides made mistakes".
what did you smoke?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by JANK23H(m): 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
modhream:
Olodo,it was Ironsi that imprisoned Boro not Gowon.Go read,get ur facts straight,not concoct ur own fact in the name of trying to correct another.
correction noted.
Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Tranquill: 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
Donmarrius: what did you smoke?

Do I sound like someone from your ghetto habitat where all you do is smoke your life away.

Please dont quote me again I dont waste time with buffons like you OK?
Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by PenSniper: 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
Donmarrius: I had thought you will tender evidence,to refute the claims of the ijaw elder stateman?.
Or do you think you know more than him?

And what evidence had he tendered to make you believe him apart from assumption ? Do you know me ? Whatever gives you the idea that i cannot know more than him ? Who and where was he when it happened. That man is devoid of conscience for making frivolous statements on such a grave matter. For your information, during an interaction with the General sometime in 1989, he said the killing of Adaka Boro was about his saddest moment of the war because Boro was such a fine officer with good vision which he Adekunle, chaired. He said if it had happened during the war, he would personally have gone on a revenge mission for the slain officer. .
Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by PenSniper: 9:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Donmarrius: From your line of debate,who are the Niger deltans?

Am afraid thats a needless question.
Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by nku5: 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
size38: Joseph Evah playing on the intelligence of Indigbo here. Ijaws needs votes from the Igbos. Niger Delta people needs ur votes, south-south people need the votes of the Igbos for their son GEJ to complete his tenure. because I don't think Evah has forgotten how Biafran Soldiers entered the Niger Delta to slaughter Niger Delta people during the civil war b4 d arrival of the Federal troops.

Are you barcanista? I remember another thread where he made some pitifully shallow arguments to back up this paper thin propaganda. Abeg help with more information on places where biafran troops "slaughtered" people from ND

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
benjamin adekunle was a thoroughly evil man. only thoroughly evil people will exonerate him for his crimes against humanity.
may the most wicked maggot chew his d*&k, and may satan torment his wicked soul in hell.
he showed no humanity or mercy to the most vulnerable of human society- children
he will not receive mercy in his after life.
God designed hell particularly because of people like adekunle.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by DonXavi(m): 12:07am On Sep 18, 2014
This is the man that was used by Nigeria to commit the pogrom of the civil war. He must have regretted his many atrocities to the people of Biafra before his death.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by pazienza(m): 12:17am On Sep 19, 2014
JANK23H:
Pazienza your insanity know no bounds,you come online to spew thrash without making any research.Boro was purely Ijaw from Kaiama.
Get a copy of his book 'The 12-Day revolution' and read up,YOU PIECE OF SHI....!
http://adakaboro.org/the12dayrev/chap-1-my-early-life

My bad. I mixed up his place of birth with his place of Origin. He was born in Oloibiri(Ogbia) but was from kaiama( Ijaw town). It was an honest mix up you could have just pointed out, but you couldn't resist going vulgar on me, which is really bad, considering that i had at many instances corrected your Ijaw brothers on Ijaw history,without going vulgar on them.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by pazienza(m): 12:42am On Sep 19, 2014
JANK23H: If you want to talk history say it as it is and not half-truth.Boro had declared Niger-Delta republic and led a rebellion to sec cede,this rebellion was quashed by the Gowon regime using his stooge Ojukwu,who at the time was the military leader of the Eastern region.

Boro's fight against biafra was a revenge mission;moreso,it was done at the request of Gowon who granted him release from prison on the condition to fight on the side of the NA, and get his own pound of flesh.

Before the Igbos knew it was morning,the Ijaw nation had woken up and seen the falsehood called Nigeria.

Boro's Niger delta republic was done without the consultation of the political stake holders in Ijawland, he virtually did not have the support of the powers that be, he wasn't able to do his homework. Boro and his gang were acting alone!

Boro wasnt stopped by Gowon, as Gowon wasn't the head of state then, the counter coup was yet to occur, so Ironsi was the head of state then. Boro's 12days secession was stopped by Ironsi led NA,he and some of his gang members were arrested, found guilty of treason and sentenced to death, but he was released by Gowon upon the death of Ironsi, to be used as a force to distabilize the East. Boro thought he was in control,but he was only a pawn used by Gowon in his divide and conquer game.

Where you got the Ojukwu serving as Gowon stooge is beyond my comprehension.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by pazienza(m): 1:01am On Sep 19, 2014
Boro and Wiwa were pawns used to a devastating effect by Gowon in his divide and conquer game in the East. They were immediately 'erased' when the job was done. Wiwa with the advantage of hindsight summarised this in his poem that read like this: "Aaah,why,brother cant you see? The monsters come,they come to us,call us each to one side and say: I set a prize,here is a string of blades,blunt blades you can see,only wrap them around your ankles,around your wrists,around your fists, and fight your brother! You are right but he is wrong,i set a prize, fight!
And we fight each other,and while we are cut up in the fight, the monsters go out stealthily,like jestling ripple at sea,and carter away the wealth in our house"...

Who was the brother Wiwa was talking about? And most importantly who was the monster that made away with the wealth, while he battled his brother?

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by OneNaira6: 1:24am On Sep 19, 2014
OdenigboAroli: Where is that Bacanister?

You mean the NL Ijaw that's constantly being taught of his self claimed ethnicity? grin grin grin

Why you dey call am for? The statement was made by a real Ijaw, not an NL ijaw with multiple IDs. The NL ijaw would probably tell you the evah guy is a "biafran-ijaw" like he called the other Ijaw that schooled him on the death of boro

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by sheniqua: 3:41am On Sep 19, 2014
noblezone: Boro faught for Nigeria but when Adekunle and his gang noticed the rising profile of the man, they wasted him!

Sarowiwa foight for Nigeria, but when he eventually discovered the fraud of a nation, he started agitating for the smae freedom he fought against, they wasted him!

Anyway, its all in the past if only we have learnt our lessons!

Biafrans and Niger Delta Republics can work together to achieve our freedoms from the Jihardists and their fellow marchants of death!

Guess who hates that unity the most?
You guessed right
Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Mckennedy: 4:21am On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista:
In my tribute to Adekunle I never exoneratted him for conspiracy in the KILLING of Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro NEITHER did I AGREE to the claim. If you can read the bold you will stop mentioning me ridiculously.
BUT Two Things Happened in Okrika on that faithful day:

1. A Biafran Soldier shot at him(CONFIRMED) and not Nigerian bullet
2. There was Conspiracy and betrayal. Was Adekunle involved? NOBODY knows expressly. Not even the elders that were alive then.

What's the name of the Biafran soldier or you shut up.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Mckennedy: 4:26am On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista: It wasn't after the war was over but after Ijawland had been cleared of Biafrans/Biafraudians. Nodody can pin point the conspirators in Boro's death, not even Chief (Captain) Samuel Timinipre Owonaru who was the 2i/c to Jasper Adaka Boro(of Blessed Memory), who was jailed by Ironsi alongside Boro and released with him by Gowon. He also fought during the War alongside his brother and Boss Adaka Boro.
He is not dead, he is alive in Kaima(the last I heard of him).
All we know is that, Boro fell to a Biafran Bullet in Okrika, the shooter ran away because it was unexpected and DEFINITELY there was conspiracy. Who and who were part of the conspiracy? nobody can expressly say.

I know your type "LIAR" Keep deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Mckennedy: 4:51am On Sep 19, 2014
PenSniper: Am surprised people swallowed Joseph Eva's statement of assumption, hook, line and sinker. How could Gowon and Adekunle conspire to kill a man who fought on the federal side ? Whoever believes in such theory is a goon. FACT: ISAAC ADAKA BORO WAS, SHOT BY A BIAFRAN SOILDER IN OKRIKA. Period.

prove or shut up.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by PenSniper: 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mckennedy:

prove or shut up.

Prove on a forum as this ? Do you understand the word you've used ? If you've got nothing sensible to contribute in a debate, shouldn't you give your larynx a rest so we can pretend you dont exist ?
Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Truckpusher(m): 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
It is high time we unite together as a people with a common goal and stop all this bickering based on who betrayed who and who didn't ,it will only strengthen the resolve of our common enemy.

There is neither Igbo or Niger Delta ethnic minorities but one people with the same culture and ideology and this should be the bedrock of any nation to exist side by side peacefully chasing a common cause.

I have stopped all the igbo -Niger delta brouhaha,it only exposes our weakness as a people.

For those of you that continuously pursue this agenda of division I want you to know that the fate of the Igbo man is the same fate that will befall us in any eventuality that things goes out of control.
Enough of this embarrassing talks that makes people to laugh at us.What happened in 1968 shouldn't repeat itself.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
JANK23H:
Pazienza your insanity know no bounds,you come online to spew thrash without making any research.Boro was purely Ijaw from Kaiama.
Get a copy of his book 'The 12-Day revolution' and read up,YOU PIECE OF SHI....!
http://adakaboro.org/the12dayrev/chap-1-my-early-life
That guy is full of spewing thrash on this forum...
please see this Thread https://www.nairaland.com/1907251/major-jasper-isaac-adaka-boro
Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
Truckpusher: It is high time we unite together as a people with a common goal and stop all this bickering based on who betrayed who and who didn't ,it will only strengthen the resolve of our common enemy.

[s]There is neither Igbo or Niger Delta ethnic minorities but one people with the same culture and ideology and this should be the bedrock of any nation to exist side by side peacefully chasing a common cause.[/s]

I have stopped all the igbo -Niger delta brouhaha,it only exposes our weakness as a people.

For those of you that continuously pursue this agenda of division I want you to know that the fate of the Igbo man is the same fate that will befall us in any eventuality that things goes out of control.
Enough of this embarrassing talks that makes people to laugh at us.What happened in 1968 shouldn't repeat itself.

We have NEVER shared common ancestry. Ijaws is 100% distinct from Igbos. Your suggestion is Dead on Arrival

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
OneNaira6:

You mean the NL Ijaw that's constantly being taught of his self claimed ethnicity? grin grin grin

Why you dey call am for? The statement was made by a real Ijaw, not an NL ijaw with multiple IDs. The NL ijaw would probably tell you the evah guy is a "biafran-ijaw" like he called the other Ijaw that schooled him on the death of boro
lolsss... I just saw this. You don't know who barcanista is and you guys usually mispell my moniker so that I won't know what is going on. Go through that thread and Call whoever you know to challenge me on opposing vew(if any). but stop deluding yourself and get used to the fact that Biafra is On its own
https://www.nairaland.com/1907251/major-jasper-isaac-adaka-boro
Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by nku5: 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Barcanista - have you been able to get information on "biafran atrocities" against ND ppl yet?
Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Truckpusher(m): 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista: We have NEVER shared common ancestry. Ijaws is 100% distinct from Igbos. Your suggestion is Dead on Arrival
I wasn't talking about any common ancestry.

I was talking about ideology and the too many cultural similarities we share in this part of the country as well as intermarriages that have taken place over centuries which no other ethnic group have been able to achieve with the Hausa/Fulani people because this is the easiest way of bringing together a people with distinct cultural differences thereby uniting them for a common cause.

However what is important is that we need to unite against common oppressors.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by oilyngbati(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Barcanister=ijaw citizen=kelsoft4=alh harem=shymexxx grin grin

How can a so called "ijaw man" be sooooo against the re-election of his fellow Ijaw brother GEJ? Alh harem aka barcanister aka ijaw citizen has always displayed his yaloba tendencies, which is servitude to hausa/fulani grin.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by Tranquill: 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Chiwude: You are right. People like Gabriel Okara fought at the onset but later made a u-turn due to reasons that were understandable - starvation. Also many indigenes of the Kalabari clan fought for Biafra despite threats from their immediate kinsmen. The father of a prominent Vanguard female journalist (have forgotten her name but it starts with a letter K) fought till the end with Biafra.

If you are refering to Donu Kogbara, she's actually not Ijaw but Ogoni. There were some other prominent Ogonis apart from her father Chief Ignatius Kogbara like Dr. Garick Leton that were fighting for Biafra wholeheartedly. Infact, GB Leton as he was popularly Known was a lecturer in UNN b4 the war and was an important figure in the group researching and manufacturing weapons for Biafra. Unfortunately it's only the position Ken Saro-Wiwa took opposing Biafra that some folks will gladly mention to make it look like every Ogoni or non Igbo opposed and sabotaged the Biafran effort while all Igbos supported and faught for Biafra forgetting the position taken by the likes of Asika Ukpabi, Zik, Ike Nwachukwu and many Igbo intelligentia that vehemently opposed Biafra either from the onset or later on during the war.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Joseph Evah Speaks On Benjamin Adekunle by OneNaira6: 1:32am On Sep 20, 2014
barcanista: lolsss... I just saw this. You don't know who barcanista is and you guys usually mispell my moniker so that I won't know what is going on. Go through that thread and Call whoever you know to challenge me on opposing vew(if any). but stop deluding yourself and get used to the fact that Biafra is On its own
https://www.nairaland.com/1907251/major-jasper-isaac-adaka-boro

Yet not one single link to back up your claim Mr "Ijaw" on NL even on your thread. Who is going to waste an ounce of time battling with you on self told stories you never back up. Incase you aren't aware, people learned from the last self told stories thread you made. We all still waiting on you to back what you said on that thread as well. Ain't it funny, NL Ijaw with multiple ids contradicts comments made by real Ijaw, verifiable ijaws all the f2king time. grin Continue attache though, it's fun to watch.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Letter To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo / Congrats To Kwankwaso And Kano Pdp / Akpabio’s Lawyer Accuses INEC Of Frustrating Inspection Of Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.