Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,915 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Revealed: 10 Real Reasons Why Men Get Married! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Revealed: 10 Real Reasons Why Men Get Married! (619 Views)

5 Real Reasons Why Nigerian Men Patronize Prostitutes / Real Reasons Why Men Cheat On Beautiful Women / Tales From Kenya: Why Nigerian Men Get Laid Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: 10 Real Reasons Why Men Get Married! by freshprincex49(m): 2:28am On Sep 17, 2014
If TV shows are to be believed, men only settle down when a woman forces it on them with an ultimatum.

But as we all know, that's not really the case. A recent Reddit thread asked men why they want to tie the knot, and the responses were a far cry from that outdated gender stereotype.

Check out 10 of their honest rationales below:

(1) Marriage allows me to show my love in a way that nothing else can: "It is a symbolic gesture of our love and commitment to one another. The wedding itself gives friends and family an excuse to even for a day truly celebrate our relationship and life together."

(2) Marriage provides a stable environment for kids: "I want to have children. A marriage provides -- theoretically -- the most stable environment in which to raise children."

(3) Because of marriage, the woman I love can become my family: "Because I love her, and I want her to be my family, and I want a legal document that will tell the world that she is my family."

(4) It allows me to fully commit myself to one person: "Commitment. Marriage is a promise that we'll be together for life. Most of my acquaintances have a fair-weather relationship. If things get shitty for them, I'm not there. And in turn, if things get shitty for me, they won't be there for me. Marriage is a promise that you'll be there for each other even when things are shitty. Furthermore, it's one that you've made in front of your family and the world, so you're more likely to work to keep it."

(5) Life is easier when you have a partner by your side: "Marriage is awesome. I'm celebrating my 5 year anniversary in about a week and it was the best decision I have ever made. Improving myself is easier because I always have someone in my corner. The good things are more exciting and the bad things are more manageable when you don't have to handle them alone."

(6) The thought of loving someone forever makes me happy: "I want to be able to spend the rest of my life with someone who I love and who loves me back. Thinking about it makes me very happy."

(7) I don't want to lose the greatest thing that's ever happened to me: "I got married because I honestly couldn't see myself finding anyone like my wife, let alone a better fit for me as a partner through life."

(cool I believe traditions are important: "The legal benefits are a pretty strong argument for it if nothing else. Then there is the wedding itself which is always fun, plus I think there is something to be said for traditions, even if the actual ceremony wouldn't resemble a traditional wedding in so many ways."

(9) I would do anything for the woman I love, including marry her: "Because it made my wife happy, and I love her so much that I'd do anything to make her smile."

(10) I want to spend my life with my BFF by my side: "I get to spend my life with my best friend, whom I admire and love tremendously."
I love the idea of committing to someone who accepts me for who I am: "I want to have someone who knows everything about me, and accepts and supports it by my side forever. I'm quite scared of it, especially after seeing my parents marriage but I definitely yearn for that companionship."

credits: http://pulse.ng/lifestyle/weddings/love-zone-10-truthful-reasons-men-want-to-get-married-id3131677.html
Re: Revealed: 10 Real Reasons Why Men Get Married! by ramselly(m): 6:44am On Sep 17, 2014
Nice one
Re: Revealed: 10 Real Reasons Why Men Get Married! by Freest(m): 7:14am On Sep 17, 2014
I find this piece funny... Simply because just say few out of the lots are actually the reason i wanna get married... My major reason ain't even there grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Find A Quality Girlfriend - 3 Tips For Getting The Right Woman / I Love You But I'm Not in love With You: 5 Signs You Could Be Headed For A Split / 15 Silly Habits That May Seriously Harm Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.