Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? (34295 Views)

Four Brilliant Nigerian Girls Win 2015 Global Technovation Challenge / What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student / Girl With Nine A1s In WASSCE: She Is So Brilliant Her Teachers Feared Her Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by MASAKAR(m): 11:16am On Sep 18, 2014
They used glasses because they always focus on something, reading or making research..
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Spidermon: 11:19am On Sep 18, 2014
STENON: I
dnt really believe in this Topic......
I do read alot... and My Results and Performances are very owkay.
I dnt really Fancy any Extra attachment on my Body (e.g. Glasses) while
Reading, Because it will always distract my attention and I wont have a
Settled mind for my reading.

Extra attachments to your body like clothes? grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by STENON(f): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
Spidermon:

Extra attachments to your body like clothes? grin
Hahahaha.....You gt me laughing here... Goodafternoon
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Spidermon: 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
STENON: Hahahaha.....You gt me laughing here... Goodafternoon

Good afternoon to u. Hope u having a wonderful day?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by STENON(f): 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
Spidermon:

Good afternoon to u. Hope u having a wonderful day?
Yes...Thanks....Enjoy the rest of the day.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
Yaay!!!

#teamGlasses

B-)
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by mployer(m): 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
UjSizzle: I thought this was the education section
When did "Why do most brilliant people use glasses" suddenly translate to "All bespectacled people are brilliant"?

sweet dreams dear smiley
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by okudah(m): 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
red101: Because they spend a lot of time reading. many avid readers develop myopia or nearsightedness.
It's not a bad thing to read books, it makes you smarter, but make sure you do so under appropriate conditions. Make sure the area is well lit, put the book at an appropriate distance from your eyes and make sure the print is large enough that you don't have to strain your eyes. Take breaks every 20 min from reading and make sure to blink multiple times per minute.
Spend time looking at far away objects to train your eyes. because if you read too much or concentrate on seeing things that are close to your face, you might gradually lose the ability to see far away objects clearly (aka nearsightedness).
eat lots of carrots and vegetables that contain vitamin a. they're good for the eyes.
Same advice goes for those who spend a lot of time staring at the computer screen.

What makes u feel so my dear
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 19, 2014
butanep: my glasses is part of my selling point... So many ladies ve admire me just because of the cute way the glasses is on me... N am they know what I ve upstairs
Nice...
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 19, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

On the contrary,I detest taking pics without my glasses.... it's part of me grin
Having used eyeglasses since i was 8, i have grown to detest the fact that i'm dependent on it. So, i try to avoid using it if i can.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Alpha1obischizo(m): 1:53am On Sep 19, 2014
You have dyscalculia
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by wolexy2020(m): 3:10am On Sep 19, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

When you use Designer frames, no one dare call you dummy...... I use a RayB...... 25k no be beans.... lol

I use Michael kors and steve Pro but that didnt stop them from calling me fours eyes," oju ijo", Google, Blind man, ...etc
am living through it though.. grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Toyeeb78(m): 11:55am On Sep 19, 2014
Cos most of them read too much...
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by yuzedo: 10:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
tellwisdom: You are a very foolish boi...I don't use glasses but L.V sunshades sad
LMFAOOOOOO!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by xenaxena(f): 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
iheanyi40: This thread is jst baseless iknw gals wey no sabi anytin yet de wear glasses 24/7
why gals? [
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by xenaxena(f): 10:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
I've met a lot of olodos wiv thick convex,concave nd any woh ave u......its jez a stereotype.....am brilliant nd I ave neva had any eye defect nt to talk of wearing glasses ;DI
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by NifemiOlu(m): 11:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
Well, with Google Glass now, OP's question will change to something like "Why do we have Smart Glass being used by dumb students?"...hopefully anyway.

Off record: Those who use sunglasses to a night club, I won't judge you. I don't know your life.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by fightforchange1(f): 1:15am On Sep 20, 2014
Brilliant.

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by iamrealdeji(m): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
red101:
Because they spend a lot of time reading. many avid readers develop myopia or nearsightedness.
It's not a bad thing to read books, it makes you smarter, but make sure you do so under appropriate conditions. Make sure the area is well lit, put the book at an appropriate distance from your eyes and make sure the print is large enough that you don't have to strain your eyes. Take breaks every 20 min from reading and make sure to blink multiple times per minute.
Spend time looking at far away objects to train your eyes. because if you read too much or concentrate on seeing things that are close to your face, you might gradually lose the ability to see far away objects clearly (aka nearsightedness).
eat lots of carrots and vegetables that contain vitamin a. they're good for the eyes.
Same advice goes for those who spend a lot of time staring at the computer screen.

Wow,lesson learned,i love when a lady is intelligent
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by NairalandSARS: 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
If you are so brilliant why would your eyes go bad from reading?
I know persons who can read and retain a thousand pages in an hour; so say they want to read a book of say 3000 pages, no matter how interesting, it would not more 4 hours to finish- say 1PM to 5PM, so there would be no need to read in poor light or at night!

I see people with glasses as the dull or average ones who have to try so hard, although no correlation has been established.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Newborn Baby Dumped Inside Dustbin In Oko Poly Female Hostel (Graphic Photos) / ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? / The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.