Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Hollywood Vs Bollywood. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood Vs Bollywood. (769 Views)

Hollywood Vs Bollywood / Hollywood Vs Bollywood / Hollywood Vs Bollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hollywood Vs Bollywood. by Bratking(m): 6:43am On Sep 17, 2014
In as much as Bollywood brings it when it comes to story telling, it falls short on everything else.

I remember the yore days when I used to Cherish Indian Movies like Toofan, Jawaani, Mard, etc. Whenever I recall their memories, their respective music come to mind. I particularly loved Jawaani and watched it(still does) on numerous occasions, mainly because of beauty of all the songs in it.

But nowadays, it's starting to get boring watching Bollywood. When it comes to Romance, they still rocks though especially when the female and male character start to lip-sync to the background music(C'mon folks, don't be deceived. They are not the real singers). It all rhymes when they do it like that, and it brings out the message loud and clear - Romance is in the air.

But they kill the buzz when they dabble into action. Simply put, they are quite ridiculous at it. After watching Dus, and Don to name a few I decided it's time to voice my opinion on this matter. Watching them trying so hard to imitate their Hollywood counterparts in gun fights and stunts is sooo sad. And to make matters worse, they infuse the irritating Music and dance every 30 minutes, hereby halting any momentum and connection to the audience they may have started to build-up on.

Bollywood should stick to Romance and Leave Action and Sci-fi stuffs to the big boys - Hollywood, until they are ready.

This post is already too long so I will stop here and return later with my perceptive on Hollywood.
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood. by Bratking(m): 6:53am On Sep 17, 2014
HOLLYWOOD might not be known for it's musicals, but if you want high quality high budget sci-fi blockbusters, then it's the movie industry you would wanna lean towards. It's also jack of all trade, so much as you can practically watch a movie of any category in that industry. Be it romance, Documentary, Thriller, Horror, Science Fiction, Erotica, Biopic and comedy, Hollywood carters for it all.

What's the point of continuing this write-up anyway? Hollywood beats Bollywood by a mile, or maybe more.

Where as Bollywood has a tunnel vision and somewhat rigid in their approach to film making, Hollywood is quite flexible and more broad minded when it comes to film making.

[/quote]
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood. by hushmail: 10:07am On Sep 17, 2014
my mistake

thought it was nollywood

wetin concern me wt bollywood
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood. by Hermanie(m): 11:43am On Sep 20, 2014
Hollywood is certainly better, but in terms of engaging stories I'll go with indian movies
Re: Hollywood Vs Bollywood. by Ynsai(m): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
I dont realy like hollywood! I prefer bollywood to them all.

(1) (Reply)

Download Erigga New Video Titled Can't See Me / Why Has DSTV Removed Major Sports And Movie Stations From Walka??? / FOUR THINGS THAT MAKE LEGEND DIFFERENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.